Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 19, 2010 2:56 AM

Jul 2007
This was almost unbearable to watch... I had to take little breaks.
May 19, 2010 8:06 AM

May 2008
Christ...Dr.Sasaki needs to die :/ And Ishihara, but I've said that enough times. I hope Sasaki doesn't get to Joe....that'll be like..ugh..x_x

May 19, 2010 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
If I weren't already exhausted from the other 5 episodes before this, I might have found it good...but it's just repetitive now, and I can't care for the flashback guy (already forgotten his name) at all. Had they spent more time on that and actually cultivating a story, as opposed to wasting their time on showing how 'resolved' and 'cool' Sakuragi and the other guys are...wait...didn't I say I wasn't going to go on about this anymore?

I'm going to need something big to happen in order to get emotionally invested. And I don't think Joe's inevitable rape is good enough.
May 19, 2010 4:17 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
If I weren't already exhausted from the other 5 episodes before this, I might have found it good...but it's just repetitive now, and I can't care for the flashback guy (already forgotten his name) at all.

I pretty much agree. It was better done than most of the previous episodes, but... well, if it wasn't for the quality of the previous ones, it would've had a lot more impact than it did.

noteDhero said:
And I don't think Joe's inevitable rape is good enough.

Is it weird that I found this hilarious?

Also, somebody needs to make a "YOU GONNA GET RAPED" macro with him. I'd do it, but i'm lazy. So there.

I did make this, though:
May 19, 2010 5:18 PM

Mar 2008
Jesuvius said:

You're seriously wonder why Sakuragi isn't staying in a hospital with a pedophile who not only raped his friend into killing himself, but is planning to rape another one? Really? REALLY?

REALLY!
It's so obvious doctor wouldn't do anything like this to Sakuragi. He already let him stay there for a month and didn't do a thing. Moreover, he didn't do a thing the whole time Sakuragi was in prison. That pedo-sensei is not completely crazy, you know. He perfectly realizes he might merely get killed by Sakuragi for this.
And have you ever thought of an idea WHY the doctor doesn't just **** everyone? Don't you think he has to choose the person properly - the one who wouldn't reply with force. Don't you get that such a person should agree to doctor's terms and has the specific personality and personal issues for that.
I'm not trying to stand the doctor here, but it was Hagino who accepted the offer and sold his body for the hope of getting out of that place earlier, for the sake of his mother. Sakuragi is neither under such circumstances, nor has he the personality to get raped. I can't say I'm sure he'd kill the doctor, but he wouldn't agree to do it for sure. He'd way more gladly accept being hit by Ishihara instead.

And which 2Q are you guys talking about. It feels like there's not enough plot even for a 11-12 episodes and you want more? Did you see the interview with the mangaka? "The most improtant thing I wanted to do was to depict men who were cool." - and in my opinion it has already been pretty much done in the first 5 episodes. So, as long as there's no crucial story development, no unpredicatble turning point, then I'd pray the series is not longer than 12 eppies - I don't really like to drop shows I've started watching. But looking at that repetitive "Beat me as much as you want but I'll grin" and "Don't you dare to touch my friends" would be TOO boring.
May 19, 2010 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
I just want to emphasize what soulelle was saying regarding the doctor sexually blackmailing people. This has much less to do with whatever (if any) attraction he has to men in general than it does with him getting off on abusing his power and controlling helpless boys. He wouldn't touch Sakuragi. If he were that insane/diabolical/one-dimensionally evil, he could have gone into his room and injected him with whatever to get the job done. That he never went near the room (as far as we saw) shows exactly what kind of character he is.

The hospital really was Sakuragi's safest place, and I wonder if his need to be a protector will ultimately be his tragic flaw.
May 19, 2010 5:49 PM

Sep 2009
kickoffkid said:
MorningGlory said:

Can't believe that the doctor is a gay....actually it is not that surprising,because his weird behavior in the previous episode...

You serious? Watch the first episode again...

Because something that could look like a legitimate practice = gay. Awesome.

Ekvi said:
That doctor has to be one of the filthiest beings I've ever seen :X

Really? It's gross to see, but I think that's a hyperbole, or at least I hope it is >>;

noteDhero said:
I just want to emphasize what soulelle was saying regarding the doctor sexually blackmailing people. This has much less to do with whatever (if any) attraction he has to men in general than it does with him getting off on abusing his power and controlling helpless boys. He wouldn't touch Sakuragi. If he were that insane/diabolical/one-dimensionally evil, he could have gone into his room and injected him with whatever to get the job done. That he never went near the room (as far as we saw) shows exactly what kind of character he is.

The hospital really was Sakuragi's safest place, and I wonder if his need to be a protector will ultimately be his tragic flaw.

^This
Fire Emblem: Kakusei
May 20, 2010 12:20 AM

Dec 2007

'nuff said.

Also, when Hagino made a watery splash when he commited suicide.
RakkuMay 20, 2010 12:23 AM
May 20, 2010 12:49 AM
May 20, 2010 7:41 AM
Jul 2008
myth720 said:
This was almost unbearable to watch... I had to take little breaks.
same here.

just when i think it can't get any worse, they kick the atmosphere of the show down to the lowest pits of hell. it's really depressing.

as for bro love or whatever, doesn't bother me anymore; as i see that's just the way they want to take this show down on.

oh and i really, really hate Ishihara and that damn pervert of doctor.
May 21, 2010 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
Ishihara probably will get crazy and the doctor got HIV, at least that's what i'm hoping for
May 23, 2010 7:59 AM
Dec 2009
The doctor is really gay o_o

May 23, 2010 10:05 AM

Jul 2009
I cringed when I saw the guy get pumped from the rear. Ugh.. nasty thoughts.
Honestly, why doesn't Sakuragi just go and kill the guard+doctor. He's prepared to die anyway, so might as well eliminate the problem. Lolol.
May 23, 2010 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
I have to say the doctor was the episode here. I couldn't get my mind off of that distrubing image. He also is after Joe was it?
May 24, 2010 2:13 AM

Jun 2008
Definitely one of the best episodes so far. Awesome staff. I was wondering how is it that that creepy doctor forgot the pretty boy of the gang for so long. It seems like his finally doing his move.

The scene where Sakuragi ate the rice ball was very touching. When you are that hungry everything seems like the best thing you ever ate. After a while it's hard even to eat despite your hunger. Terrible thing to stay with out food for days and even more horrible with out water. Was he really not giving him water? I dodn't think a person can live a week with out it.

I hope that by the end of the series those two assholes will die.
May 24, 2010 2:21 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:

The fact that he doesn't go strait to kill someone has more to do with him being a coward than not being evil enough. And i dodn't mean coward to see Sakuragi but coward to take actions by himself and be responsible about something.

As about the hospital i doubt the dear doctor would have let him stay there the full month. A few days more at most.
May 24, 2010 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
That's what I meant. He is a coward. He has control/power issues. He won't confront anyone that he can't control. Especially when his image needs to be maintained. The hospital was Sakuragi's safest place because anything bad done to him there would reflect on him. The doctor wouldn't let that happen. As long as he get to pass the blame off onto Ishihara, and have plausible deniability, he's ok.
May 28, 2010 12:46 PM

Aug 2007
Can't really take Ishihara seriously anymore. Just too ridiculous now. He does basically the same thing every episode, just in a different situation.
May 31, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
Ishihara's face when he entered that cell and saw that everyone got beaten by Sakuragi. <3

Poor Joe.. it's not enough him being raped by that old hag! Now the doctor is after him, too.. /(%)/¤&P0%¤"&

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 1, 2010 12:18 AM

Jul 2007
I found myself laughing way too much during this episode. Mostly at how ridiculous Ishihara acts.

And really how does that old doctor even get it up anymore, he looks about 90 lol
Jun 3, 2010 8:25 PM

Nov 2009
shanimebib said:
If you enjoyed the first 5 episodes a bit, this one will take your thought about this anime to another level. Best episode so far.

Well said.
Jun 6, 2010 2:08 AM

Sep 2009
i don't think ive hated any villain as much as that doctor and Ishihara >.<

Jun 6, 2010 2:08 AM

Sep 2009
i don't think ive hated any villain as much as that doctor and Ishihara >.<

Jun 18, 2010 10:11 AM

Mar 2010
Freakin good episode, so emotional i love it

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 9, 2010 8:35 PM
Jan 2009
Wow, is this really how miserable prison life is?
Jul 9, 2010 8:35 PM
Jan 2009
Petit said:
I feel bad for Joe, though... I mean, seriously.
After being raped by an old disgusting woman he's now being targeted by that creepy pedophile doctor? That's so not fair.

Sucks to be good looking!
Jul 28, 2010 4:43 PM

Dec 2008
I cried at the end when Turtle was to get the food to Sakuragi.
That Dr. and Ishihara are just motherfucking bastards!!!!!

Marry me, Sakuragi...<3
Jul 29, 2010 4:48 PM
Nov 2009
Shioko_Karu said:
shanimebib said:
If you enjoyed the first 5 episodes a bit, this one will take your thought about this anime to another level. Best episode so far.

Well said.

^that + i really f***ing hate that sadistic guard and that damn pedo >_<
Aug 13, 2010 2:50 AM
Feb 2009
amg I knew it that Doc is homo
Aug 16, 2010 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
Hagino shoulda chopped off that doctors dick before committing suicide
Sep 2, 2010 11:31 PM

Nov 2007
xxxholic9013 said:

That would be nice but then he might not be able to go to heaven to see his mother.
Sep 4, 2010 6:06 AM

Mar 2010
Poor Hagino..I hope Joe doesn't meet the same fate..
And it's about time that doctor(if he even is) and Ishihara died.I can't stand their disgusting faces any longer.
May 24, 2011 1:54 PM
Jun 2010
omg this aniem is so touching

the bit where they were standing just to save bro
And when bro saved them from any mroe of that crap
when he beat up those thugs in the room
when his food was mixed with his shit and piss
when turtle brought him food all beaten up and shit...

i actually felt a tear coming to my eye in the last moment, bond between everyone was so strong it was amazing!

fucking amazing anime!
Jun 29, 2011 2:59 AM

Jun 2011
akromataof said:
Poor Hagino..I hope Joe doesn't meet the same fate..
And it's about time that doctor(if he even is) and Ishihara died.I can't stand their disgusting faces any longer.

Yeah, since they already know the doctor's out to get Joe, I think they should be able to handle that pedo doctor with the hitler mustache.
Jan 26, 2012 3:54 PM

May 2011
Sakuragi is the best character of all time. His boys care for him so much too, I'm speechless.

Fuck that gay doc and Ishihara, I want them to get tortured. I like the new cop, he actually wants to help.

Sakuragi better live through this.

5/5
Feb 14, 2012 8:48 PM

Jan 2009
that doc should die!
Jun 2, 2012 11:39 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, that creepy-ass doctor...
Jul 8, 2012 3:08 PM

Mar 2010
i hope sasaki and ishihara will get what they deserve
Feb 28, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
stAtic91 said:
Homo buttsex!

Seriously though.. Such a bro anime. The flashback of Sakuragi's cellmate was nice. Another great episode; I'm really enjoying it.

This basically sums up my feelings for this episode.
Mar 8, 2013 6:33 PM

May 2012
So the nurse was indeed the narrator..

But this episode is so sad.. especially when Turtle gave that rice ball.. although I have a feeling Sakuragi will die :(
Mar 28, 2013 8:43 PM
Aug 2007
F***ING HELL, the doctor and ishihara are scum. Never have I more wanted to see someone get mutilated. I wish that nice warden hadjust stormed into that office with a samurai sword and slashed off Ishihara's head.

At the moment though, those two bastards are the only rude people that we've seen. If they didn't exist most of this anime wouldn't even exist. Almost seems like forced drama, but you can believe that corrupt prison wardens probably DID exist back then.

And you can tell Joe is next, which will cause insane anger to Sakuragi if he finds out... considering this is only 6 episodes in, it would be improbable for the main character to be released already..
Apr 3, 2013 8:42 PM
Aug 2011
Nothing less than a most gruesome death for that piece of shit of doctor and Ishihara will satisfy me now.
Jun 6, 2013 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
So much hate and pain boiling in me now.
Jun 29, 2013 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
This is just too sad.
Jun 30, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
Poor Turtle got beaten up for trying to feed Bro.
I'm seriously hating that pedophile doctor and Ishihara.
Aug 7, 2013 12:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Poor Hagino...that was terrible. Disgusting doctor didn't learn his lesson and wants Jou now, I think I'm going to puke if he does anything to Jou. Good job Sakuragi for silencing those four, but too bad everything doesn't end there D: I feel bad for Kumagai as well because he has a kind heart and cares about the kids, yet he's too afraid to do anything against Ishihara. But it looks like maybe he's getting pissed off as well, after overhearing that phone call. Touching moment at the end though, with Turtle going to give Sakuragi food, and then the blood on the riceball got me ;_;
Nov 19, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2011
So I was going to watch only this episode but I need to know what's going to happen!!! this is such a heart warming anime but also painful to watch
Jan 20, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2013
I hope that Ishihara and the nasty doctor will get a slow and painful death, oh how I wish I could jump in this world and kill them myself.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 24, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
parfaited said:
Nothing less than a most gruesome death for that piece of shit of doctor and Ishihara will satisfy me now.

^This.
Apr 12, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2011
SnowfairyX said:
xxxholic9013 said:

That would be nice but then he might not be able to go to heaven to see his mother.

I doubt someone who committed suicide can go to heaven either.

Omg was that the first time Sakuragi cry on screen? So many bro moments in this series. Ishihara just became laughably evil, he is just lame now, if I were Sakuragi, I would've threaten to kill him if he gets in my way. Ishihara is prideful, but at the same time he is also a coward.
ToG25thBaamApr 19, 2014 7:36 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.