Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 11, 2010 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Sadness and hatred never disappear from the heart."
Sakuragi refuses to fight for himself but fights for his friends and for his friends he gets a strong resolve to live on. Best episode so far IMO.
May 11, 2010 4:00 PM

Jan 2010

I teared up when Maeda got beaten up by the guards just to visit Sakuragi and give him that food and Sakuragi teared up. It was so touching. :')
May 11, 2010 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
If you enjoyed the first 5 episodes a bit, this one will take your thought about this anime to another level. Best episode so far.

I was wondering whether Sakuragi was alone from the very beginning. Maeda getting beaten up just to give Sakuragi something to eat was so touching.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 11, 2010 7:52 PM

Feb 2009
shanimebib said:

I was wondering whether Sakuragi was alone from the very beginning.

No, he had a cellmate a year prior to the setting but that cellmate was getting sexually abused by the doctor so he committed suicide.
May 12, 2010 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
laserjay151 said:
shanimebib said:

I was wondering whether Sakuragi was alone from the very beginning.

No, he had a cellmate a year prior to the setting but that cellmate was getting sexually abused by the doctor so he committed suicide.

LOL, i actually meant that. the episode already answered :)
Coronavirus.
May 12, 2010 6:32 AM
Jun 2008
Sakuragi's " HAKI" save his life this time.I wonder what make Ishihara and the hentai Doctor hate Sakuragi so much.I hope there is a reason for it ^^.They hate Sakuragi just because of his vengeful spirit??
( swap inside tower and stun him,Ishihara sure die )
" Band Of brother " their spirit are forever!!!
Can't believe that the doctor is a gay....actually it is not that surprising,because his weird behavior in the previous episode...
Ahhh..Great >.< they cut off the action of Maeda where he tries to get the riceball into the hand of Sakuragi.I guess the Real protagonist is Sakuragi and hopefully he last till the last episode.Fight on Sakuragi!!! Revenge for Hagino!!!
Splendid episode 5/5
Next episode:I won't let you die An-chan ( sound like a love story )
May 16, 2010 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
MorningGlory
Ishihara and doctor hate Sakuragi because he know why die Hagino.
But really i dont think they need worry so much.
He cant prove what they do with Hagino anyway.

It will much easier if one of them just kill Ishihara and doctor.
And that good warden help them hide evidence.
May 16, 2010 2:34 PM
Dec 2007
It was even more mushy than the previous 5 episodes, far too much for my tastes at least. Still, this episode introduces the next one quite nicely and is important in that an external factor has entered the game : the new warden is now clearly supporting the guys.

MorningGlory said:
I wonder what make Ishihara and the hentai Doctor hate Sakuragi so much. I hope there is a reason for it ^^

Have you watched this episode ?

MorningGlory said:
Can't believe that the doctor is a gay...

Geez, have you watched anything of the series at all, his abuses have been revealed previously with him fucking a young male prisoner ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 16, 2010 2:36 PM

Jan 2010
This anime keeps getting better every episode, it's a tie with Saraiya Goyou for my favorite series of this season.
May 16, 2010 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
I hope to see that guard man up and fuck Ishihara's shit up.

MorningGlory said:

Can't believe that the doctor is gay...
slowpoke.mkv
May 16, 2010 4:02 PM

Feb 2010
I knew Sakuragi would beat those punks and silence them. That was the right thing to do cause no one saw him do it. No witness no accusation.

Well, there's some stuff that make no sense like the new guard Kumagai being so useless. I know he's trying to do something but still, testify against the two fuckers for harsh treatment or sexual abuse instead of keep on being slapped around. The prison system can't be so flawed and he's a witness for fuck sake. It's also weird that there is no one checking on the doctor or Ishihara to see if they do their job properly.
May 16, 2010 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
Man, that doctor gotta fcking die:D
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
May 16, 2010 5:11 PM

Feb 2009
Wow... just... wow... This is so disturbingly wrong and that's what makes the show above average and much more distinctive than others. This whole pedophilia case in the show also coincides with things happening in the real world, like the recent discovery of hundreds of child abuse cases from the church. It just makes both sicker.

MorningGlory said:
Can't believe that the doctor is a gay

Oh he's not necessarily gay. Think about catholic pedo-priests who abuse young boys and then preach about how homosexuals are the creations of Saten and should be banned from society, bla bla bla. :D

Minami-Nan said:
I know he's trying to do something but still, testify against the two fuckers for harsh treatment or sexual abuse instead of keep on being slapped around. The prison system can't be so flawed and he's a witness for fuck sake.

It's possible that nobody gave a damn about what was happening in a juvenile detention center at that time period, I think they pretty much made it clear in the first few episodes. Remember that society at that time saw those boys as trash no matter how minor their crime. (Like the girl on the bus)

Also there are situations in life where sometimes you just want to tell the fucking asshole in front of you to go die in a fire and stand up for what's right but most of the time it's actually hard to do so due to circumstances, especially if the fucking asshole is the boss. So that nice guard's attitude is actually quite realistic especially if he's not of courageous nature. And that rain scene with Sakuragi deciding to finally act was fantastic. Eye of the tiger!

tl;dr: Use Molotov cocktails so no traces are left! :D
May 16, 2010 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
Is it just me or does Ishihara look like M. Bison from street fighter? lol
May 16, 2010 6:55 PM

May 2009
Homo buttsex!

Seriously though.. Such a bro animu. The flashback of Sakuragi's cellmate was nice. Another great episode; I'm really enjoying it.
May 16, 2010 8:29 PM
Mar 2010
Areos said:

The hat looks similar. Alot skinnier then M.Bison though
May 16, 2010 8:56 PM

Dec 2009
The doctor seriously needs to die...
May 16, 2010 9:24 PM

Jul 2007
alwaysbored said:

It's my sincere hope that by the end the doctor and Ishihara get what they dished out, returned to them twofold.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
May 16, 2010 10:18 PM

Jan 2009
A good 10 years of torture and a proper execution should be more than appropriate for those two.
May 17, 2010 4:46 AM
Jun 2008
Jacut said:
It was even more mushy than the previous 5 episodes, far too much for my tastes at least. Still, this episode introduces the next one quite nicely and is important in that an external factor has entered the game : the new warden is now clearly supporting the guys.

MorningGlory said:
I wonder what make Ishihara and the hentai Doctor hate Sakuragi so much. I hope there is a reason for it ^^

Have you watched this episode ?

MorningGlory said:
Can't believe that the doctor is a gay...

Geez, have you watched anything of the series at all, his abuses have been revealed previously with him fucking a young male prisoner ?

Gosh...I hope you guys understand my comment.
for the first statement "They hate Sakuragi just because of his vengeful spirit??"meaning .....the sentence represent the meaning already.Since the reason is too simple,that is why is put question mark to say I am not certain of it.....

for the second statement "actually it is not that surprising,because his weird behavior in the previous episode." meaning I already know he is gay.

From the post #6 ,I am just putting question and answer it myself(I am playing Monologue ) ....or maybe my English too lousy for you people to understand,,, >.<
May 17, 2010 5:27 AM

Oct 2007
^ funny guy you are, your comments were obvious enough already, wouldn't have bothered replying if i were you XD

Splitter said:
alwaysbored said:

It's my sincere hope that by the end the doctor and Ishihara get what they dished out, returned to them twofold.

Something tells me the doctor would actually enjoy it ...

Anyways disgusting episode ... sure there's a lot of faggotism abusing people in the real world, but was there really that much of a need to make it so explicit? Even a dog with its eyes pulled out could see what is going on there ... T_T
What's next? They release some special posters that contain fully explicit content for old guys that enjoy the show and are just like the doctor?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2010 6:02 AM
Jun 2008
Peralisc said:
Anyways disgusting episode ... sure there's a lot of faggotism abusing people in the real world, but was there really that much of a need to make it so explicit? Even a dog with its eyes pulled out could see what is going on there ... T_T
Thank god they didn't show the whole thing.....
Peralisc said:
^ funny guy you are, your comments were obvious enough already, wouldn't have bothered replying if i were you XD
Well maybe I shouldn't have reply....but I can't believe people misunderstood my message.shouldn't have play Monologue again =P
May 17, 2010 7:52 AM
Aug 2009
Ishihara and the doctor truly shows, which characters I want to have the worst death ever. >_>

Best episode so far. Loved the ending, it was so touching when Maede gave Sakuragi the rice ball even though he was beaten up. I actually thought I was going to cry. :')
May 17, 2010 8:54 AM

Apr 2009
Sad ep.

Btw, how many episodes will this anime have?
May 17, 2010 9:14 AM

Nov 2009
MorningGlory said:

Can't believe that the doctor is a gay....actually it is not that surprising,because his weird behavior in the previous episode...

You serious? Watch the first episode again...
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
Emo Philips
May 17, 2010 9:20 AM

Nov 2009
shanimebib said:
If you enjoyed the first 5 episodes a bit, this one will take your thought about this anime to another level. Best episode so far.

I agree. Until the sixth episode I always thought that something's missing and there's not enough drama but now things are getting worst (in a good way).
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
Emo Philips
May 17, 2010 9:30 AM

Dec 2007

Then just fucking die already.
May 17, 2010 11:37 AM

Feb 2010
Man that was amazing. Probably the best episode after episode 1.

I really want everyone to survive and pull through all of this and get out together.
May 17, 2010 12:28 PM

May 2008
It was really really impressive and touching, I almost teared up during some parts. Sakuragi is just amazing, one of the epicest characters for me~~
May 17, 2010 1:10 PM

Jan 2010
The only thing that's driving me insane is the doctor and his intentions towards Joe. If he lays a finger on him... I will cry. Everything else, good episode.
May 17, 2010 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
brilliant episode..

even if its predictable, the atmosphere is awesome...

lol at the doctor
May 17, 2010 2:52 PM

May 2008
Best show of the season by FAR.

Got a feeling the good guard will die.

And that "wikipedia" segment at the end feels completely out of place, too pink
May 17, 2010 5:24 PM

Mar 2008
there're two things that started disturbing me since the previous episode:
1) the increased amount of gore and violence
2) and what's much MORE pissing - the dumbness and stupidity of Sakuragi. He could've easily stayed in the hospital for at least two more weeks or even the whole month. But because of his pure egoistic wish to see his friends, now everyone's suffering - he himself as well as his dearest friends.

Finally the show kinda stopped developing in a sense. Although it's still very touchy and emotional, the characters do not develop any more. If the rest of the episodes is just that fight between Ishihara and the guys.. then I'm really disappointed. I understand it to be the baseline of the story. But more character development and side stories would be much more welcome. Somehow the story about Hagino only increased Sakuragi's lameness. Sakuragi should've stayed in the hospital as long as he could if not for the sake of himself or his friends, but at least for the sake of his promise to Hagino.
Well OK, if everyone were smart enough, there wouldn't have been a place for such a story. But seriously, it was interesting to learn about each one's past and dreams. But now it looks like there's only the place for fight and blood rather than the story. I wish I'm mistaken. Hopefully episode 7 is to prove this... but somehow I'm doubtful about it....

nicoliolipoli said:
The only thing that's driving me insane is the doctor and his intentions towards Joe. If he lays a finger on him... I will cry. Everything else, good episode.

he will, you will.. everyone will... that's what this show's all about...
soulelleMay 17, 2010 5:38 PM
May 17, 2010 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
This is the only anime that I've ever seen where I actually hate the villains more than anything else. As a rule I like villains; they are usually crazy to a degree funny and it's always amusing to watch them fail.

In this series however (this episode especially) even when the bad guys don't really succeed they're still doing more damage to the protagonist than vice versa.

This episode is the reason that I've started my first fan fiction titled Ishihara's 100 Deaths.
May 17, 2010 7:47 PM

Sep 2009
Areos said:

I've been saying that since episode 1.

Anyway, this is probably the only episode i've seen since the 2nd that's successfully left any kind of emotional impact on me. In all honesty, the doctor is the best thing about the show at this point, as he is just generally incredibly menacing and disturbing.

That said, there were still some moments that ruined it for me... there was one line said by Sakuragi towards the end which could not have sounded more girly and/or homoerotic.
May 17, 2010 11:01 PM

Nov 2007
Lind_L_Tailor said:
That said, there were still some moments that ruined it for me... there was one line said by Sakuragi towards the end which could not have sounded more girly and/or homoerotic.

Funny thats coming from you, since your avatar looks far from anything manly. Thanks, I had some good amount of laughter :D
Coronavirus.
May 18, 2010 2:48 AM

Sep 2009
shanimebib said:
Funny thats coming from you, since your avatar looks far from anything manly. Thanks, I had some good amount of laughter :D

I'm not really sure I see your point. In this case, the humour would come from the fact that Sakuragi is supposedly very manly. Which makes such a cheesy line all the more funny coming from him.

Oh, and regarding my avatar?
May 18, 2010 2:57 AM

Sep 2008
what teh fuck to do with opinions and forum avatar ?
Blah even some stupid post can be here lol

btw eps 6
finally this show pickup again after 3 so-so eps

@above
still would neva beat Akagi dude
May 18, 2010 3:10 AM

Sep 2009
fertygo said:
@above

What, from the show of the same name?
May 18, 2010 3:21 AM

Sep 2008
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:
@above

yep

and when someone already finished his story at this manga people know the meme of GAR only exist for describe him
fertygoMay 18, 2010 3:53 AM
May 18, 2010 4:57 AM

Sep 2009
fertygo said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:
@above

yep

and when someone already finished his story at this manga people know the meme of GAR only exist for describe him

From what i've heard, he's just Sosuke Aizen in protagonist form. Nothing but a boring protagonist who is absolutely perfect and has no real threat of failure, ever, who has been godmodded by the author thinking that a character being a Boring Invincible Hero is a good idea.

Although this is just what i've heard.
May 18, 2010 5:58 AM

Sep 2008
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
fertygo said:
@above

yep

From what i've heard, he's just Sosuke Aizen in protagonist form. Nothing but a boring protagonist who is absolutely perfect and has no real threat of failure, ever, who has been godmodded by the author thinking that a character being a Boring Invincible Hero is a good idea.

Although this is just what i've heard.

what aizen ? that faggots ?
please just not compare my hero to that condom maniac
No, he' not absolute and DeusXmachina alike (but for me, yeah lol)
what make he strong he just not betray' himself... even normal people like us can be superhuman too as long we not betray ourselves on gambling, but to can do something like that is different matter.

live as yourself, die as yourself

btw its like we hijack this thread, we can continue at our VM if you want
May 18, 2010 7:31 AM

Sep 2009
I blame the other guy for bringing Negi into it.
May 18, 2010 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
soulelle said:
there're two things that started disturbing me since the previous episode:
1) the increased amount of gore and violence
2) and what's much MORE pissing - the dumbness and stupidity of Sakuragi. He could've easily stayed in the hospital for at least two more weeks or even the whole month. But because of his pure egoistic wish to see his friends, now everyone's suffering - he himself as well as his dearest friends

You're seriously wonder why Sakuragi isn't staying in a hospital with a pedophile who not only raped his friend into killing himself, but is planning to rape another one? Really? REALLY?

Also, the show is so epic. Just caught up. Sakuragi isn't the only hero in this show. All of the guys are.

And I agree in thinking that the nice guard is going to die. But not after trying to do/doing something epic. He's nice enough to make it a shocking death, but not important enough to turn people away from watching.
May 18, 2010 10:24 AM

Nov 2007
LMAO over LMAO. You're manlier than your negima avatar, if you asked me. Good for you.

Anyways, going back to the topic,

Jesuvius said:

And I agree in thinking that the nice guard is going to die. But not after trying to do/doing something epic. He's nice enough to make it a shocking death, but not important enough to turn people away from watching.

why would you think the Kumagai (the nice guard) will die, i have no clue. even after seeing episode 6, i dunno whether sakuragi will make it out alive. but will be hoping so.

Also as of Madhouse's latest trend, or rather, their approach to anime, i doubt the anime will be more than 1Q long. So we are practically halfway the story, but i would really be interested to see how far they go. probably a second season, or stretching the anime to 2Q? you never know.
Coronavirus.
May 18, 2010 10:42 AM

Sep 2009
shanimebib said:
LMAO over LMAO. You're manlier than your negima avatar, if you asked me. Good for you.

Well duh. I'm manlier than everyone in the topic combined. :P

In all seriousness, though, you don't appear to have seen Negima (or far more importantly, the manga, since pretty much every attempt to animate it has been horrible), and as such I really can't take your opinion seriously.

Now back on topic.

I don't imagine the guard will die, but Sakuragi seems more likely to be dead by the time the series is up. He just seems the type. In fact, Retirony seems likely in his case. Like, y'know, as soon as he's about to leave.
May 18, 2010 12:19 PM

Oct 2007
And here we go, to sum the whole episode: Rainbow ~BRO LOVE~

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 18, 2010 1:12 PM

Feb 2009
Superb episode, it just keeps getting better and better. The doctor will meed his demise... and so will the guard... I hope.
May 18, 2010 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
And here we go, to sum the whole episode: Rainbow ~BRO LOVE~

I think you mean ~GUY LOVE~
May 18, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2009
That doctor has to be one of the filthiest beings I've ever seen :X

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShanaFlame - Apr 3, 2010

279 by prozyne »»
Feb 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

150 by Dywei »»
Jan 26, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.