Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2008 10:21 PM
Jan 2007
Requal said:
And lol @ the producers making fun of Chinese people. The ambassador sounds like a retarded mouse.

;_; At least Li's cool ♥

melancholy's R2 Review said:
This anime is so great! The R2 series is even better. In the first series they were too weak. In the R2 Series everyone is much stronger. I really liked it though. I have to say that this is the best anime I've ever watched.

doesn't this sound familiar? xD

Taihaku said:
I doubt this is a possibility....but is it just me or does the chinese ambassador remind you of Lloyd?

nuuuuu! that would be the most retarded plot twist EVAR D: (Seriously though, yea, he was definitely Geassed. Li was totally having second thoughts about the whole thing.)
AsukaApr 13, 2008 10:26 PM
Apr 13, 2008 10:39 PM

Apr 2008
seasaw said:
Lol, just noticed it
Britania is actually do not own the British Isles Oo Could it be that the Holy Empire of Britannia = USA in CG ??? Oo

Hmm well they still have New Zealand...my guess is they lost the isles during one of the world wars or something of that nature?
Apr 13, 2008 10:42 PM
Feb 2008
Asuka said:
melancholy's R2 Review said:
This anime is so great! The R2 series is even better. In the first series they were too weak. In the R2 Series everyone is much stronger. I really liked it though. I have to say that this is the best anime I've ever watched.

doesn't this sound familiar? xD

I agree, it was somewhat amusing the first time. Now it's just dumb.
Apr 13, 2008 10:55 PM

Oct 2007
Hmmm, rather then giving a definite command, Rollo's Geass just might be illusionism. Though there are probably a few things that contradict this (like, is it possible to do it through a Knightmare?). But I'll keep it in mind.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Apr 13, 2008 10:57 PM

Aug 2007
Lelouche wont have an upper-hand any more with his geass because others now have it. I liked this episode a lot more than the first one- its back up to the first seasons quality already. 5/5
Apr 14, 2008 2:58 AM

Mar 2008
Too many peoples have geass in this series...
Apr 14, 2008 3:05 AM
Feb 2008
m-boy said:
Hmmm, rather then giving a definite command, Rollo's Geass just might be illusionism. Though there are probably a few things that contradict this (like, is it possible to do it through a Knightmare?). But I'll keep it in mind.

Remember how C.C. laughs at him because he requires eye contact? Not all Geasses require it (e.g. Mao).

Syrio said:
Too many peoples have geass in this series...

Hardly.
Apr 14, 2008 3:12 AM
Nov 2007
The amount of geass users is getting annoying, I will stab someone if there turn out to be more.
Apr 14, 2008 3:16 AM

Nov 2007
wtf? everybody has geass now!

The emporer is badass though. Yay Wakamoto Norio.
Apr 14, 2008 4:07 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode can't wait for the next. But whoa, Pansy-brother and the Emperor are Geass users? Woo, this is gonna get good.

我爱你

Apr 14, 2008 4:49 AM

Jan 2008
Great, i expect more of this...
~de Arimasu
Apr 14, 2008 4:52 AM

Aug 2007
So much twists... And i thought this season was a bit weaker...
Apr 14, 2008 4:59 AM

Mar 2008
Hmm.. A super great episode, its just, that Geass is a thing not so many should have.. We aldready seen 2 more there got it, in 1 episode.. :/
Apr 14, 2008 5:43 AM

Jul 2007
aww why does lelouch not want kallen in that outfit lol XD for a minute i thought he was going to kiss her there
Apr 14, 2008 6:30 AM
Sep 2007
Another good ep, pure awesome
Hi
Apr 14, 2008 6:37 AM
Aug 2007
Zarin said:
seasaw said:

Australia is the only independent country? Does that mean that nobody wants us or are our Kangas just too powerful for the Knightmares? >=D

The middle east is somewhat dependent as well.

Lulu has the left eye, Rollo has the right eye. He might end up helping Zero as well if he's under the false memory and end up getting near CC and she clears Rollo's mind. Btw, I don't have any basis for that. I just think that her kind can negate Geass effects applied unto others.
Apr 14, 2008 7:05 AM

Feb 2008
Awesome ep as expected :) i like the introduction of the new geass users but i hope they dont go overboard on em. karen in bunnysuit still = win :) damn lelouch for covering her up! :)
Apr 14, 2008 7:12 AM

Mar 2008
OMG this ep was so damn awesome :D looking forward for the next ^^
Apr 14, 2008 7:54 AM
Apr 2008
WTH!? Rollo possesses the ability of geass as well?? This is a shock. I thought that he is just a weak-ass little brother :p Such a cliffhanger! This ep totally rocks!
Apr 14, 2008 8:05 AM

Feb 2008
love this episode! love all the action!

Apr 14, 2008 8:19 AM

Mar 2007
Geass of the Rebellion.
Apr 14, 2008 8:24 AM

Oct 2007
umm amazing episode.i read the whole seven pages and i didnt find find any one talking about the wepon to kill gods aka the "Sword Of Akasha" which the Emperor showed to Suzaku.i think it is a weapon to kill the likes of C.C.if i remember correctly didnt V.V bestowed a Geass to Nunnaly in the ending episodes of first season.well i cant remember it because saw it 7 or 8 months ago.

Apr 14, 2008 8:25 AM

Sep 2007
Triethanolamine said:
Haha though I can't help but laugh whenever I see one of Lelouch's overly passionate expressions XD

I had to lol at this too XD

Nice twist there. Wasn't expecting Rollo to be in that KnightMare and have his own Geass. If his Geass is illusionism and the Emperor's is to rewrite memories, then I'd say Lelouch's Geass is pretty crappy, especially since he has to have eye contact in order for it to work. Didn't quite catch it but does the Emperor's Geass also require eye contact?
Apr 14, 2008 8:38 AM

Jun 2007
Yes it did, why else would Suzaku have to cover Lelouch's eye?
Apr 14, 2008 9:40 AM
Jan 2008
just awesome
Apr 14, 2008 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
omg geass !!!!! and more geass
Apr 14, 2008 9:50 AM
Sep 2007
seriously awesome episode

and, why the hell is everybody like "oh noes, everyone has geass now, this sucks"
maybe count? lelouch, rollo, emperor, mao (dead)
4, out of how many characters ? id say a lot. so, no, actually not everyone has a geass now, hardly more than in season one, if you consider that season 2 introduced a lot more characters (knights of the round, etc.)
Apr 14, 2008 9:52 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode, love the black haired chinese guy =P
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Apr 14, 2008 10:02 AM

Dec 2007
R2 is getting more great each episode!

Hope Rollo goes to Lelouchs side especially since he answered "Who knows" to the Chinese guy's Question of his Loyalty!
If his Geass really is Teleportation,then Zero absolutely must get him on his side!
Apr 14, 2008 10:14 AM

Feb 2008
kma23 said:
kuroshiroi said:

I'm thinking the emperor's geass is modifying memories, Rollo's is teleportation and of course Lelouch has command. Did they specify a fixed number of geass' in the first season?

Um you can command someone to too forget something,I think Rollo is the only geass user to have actually shown a special ability well the emperor might have. remember Suzaka was told the exact parameters of geass by V.V herself he said absolute command aka Lelouch is not the only one who can spam brain rapes all around.

Lelouch can only command each person once, so maybe the emperor can erase memories an unlimited number of times..

Oh well, it was just a theory anyway.

Apr 14, 2008 10:34 AM
Mar 2008
It was just an awesome episode! I missed Lelouch as Zero, but now i'm also intrigued with the roles of Rolo and Xing, they have potential as good characters. I still dont like Suzaku, now even more after that dirty trick.

Also, what an incredible return of Zero in tv, I almost jumped from my seat.

Just hope next ep is even better!

NagualApr 14, 2008 11:55 AM

Apr 14, 2008 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
This ep was infintely better than the first. I'm satisfied with the answers given. Back to seeing what Lelouch does best.
Apr 14, 2008 11:01 AM
Mar 2008
I still don't understand why Lelouch doesn't say to everyone "Obey my orders for the rest of your life". It would be better than just asking for a Nightmare or that kind of things. And he could form an huge army, lol.
Apr 14, 2008 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
Wishy said:
I still don't understand why Lelouch doesn't say to everyone "Obey my orders for the rest of your life". It would be better than just asking for a Nightmare or that kind of things. And he could form an huge army, lol.

LOL, I agree! ^^

I enjoyed this episode, the action was enough and Zero is still Zero. :P But Suzaku! I would rather he just died! How can somebody be such a jerk? >.<
Apr 14, 2008 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm... I like that ep. Not loved it, like it. Why?

Sry for my english ^^ It's not good enough yet ^^
Apr 14, 2008 11:52 AM

Oct 2007
I hate Suzaku more and more for each episode. And that goddamn... Nina? Ewwwwww.
Episode was definitely exciting. A lot of things happened and we got to know what happened at the end of Season 1.

And just when I started to like Rollo I hate him already. D:
Apr 14, 2008 11:59 AM

Nov 2007
Suzaku's such a bastard.

And what too much Geass? As Awakened stated above, there are only 4 Geass atm and a lot of new characters. It was just a matter of time until we met other Geass users.
Maybe having 2 new Geass in one episode at the beginning of the season is what might makes it "striking" :p
But actually I think Rollo having a Geass just feels... weird? Haha :D

Currently Lelouch/Zero is very powerful but he is not godly nor is he overpowered, and that's a good thing, IMO. Charisma is still his best weapon.

I'm really eager to see how strong and intelligent Xing Ke is :p

[url][/url]
Apr 14, 2008 12:46 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked this episode but now i hate more Suzaku <<
Apr 14, 2008 1:59 PM

Sep 2007
Even though I hate Suzaku, I can't believe he used Lelouch to get into the knights of the round without having bigger plans.

Epic episode though
Apr 14, 2008 2:11 PM
Dec 2007
Holy Geass, it's like a common trend now. But anyways, awesome ep =D !

And about suzaku
raychel923Apr 14, 2008 2:14 PM
Apr 14, 2008 2:55 PM
Sep 2007
Holy shi-

This just gets better and better.
Apr 14, 2008 2:56 PM

Dec 2007
is it me or everyone on the royal family has geass

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 14, 2008 2:57 PM

Jun 2007
oh shit... snapping episode as well as the first one.

first i gotta mention, the OP grew onto me, i love it now.

many epic parts to this episode... so highlights

-lelouch missing and hitting suzaku's eye thingy.... then suzaku dis arming lelouch and tackling him... too bad kallen ran away, but i understand... it must be shocking that she found out about the geass + lelouch being zero...
-the emperor has double-eyed geass with powers to create fake memories... WOW
-suzaku sold his only friend.... wow... bastard.
-C.C's comment of "i didnt do it' made me laugh... i think she thought that lelouch doubted her xD
-kallen trying to discover whether she decided to fight alongside zero, or if zero geass'd her in order to fight alongside him, she ended up believing zero but not lelouch... contradictory, but interesting response... then she called him hentai, referring to lelouch and not zero... really confusing, but she was cute.
-lancelot-like mecha with flash-step, OMFG!! NO WAY!!! BBQSAUCE!!!
-a couple of familiar faces (princess? the one being the fan of lelouch? she is cute, and thank goodness she appeared again)
-Lol at Nana...
-lelouch geass'd the emperor guy from china... and made him think that they were good. but it seems like they actually want zero to do something for them.
-Rollo knows how to pilot a knightmare? and he also has a geass? and his geass is in the contrary eye to lelocuh??? too many facts... overload

awesome episode, fast paced, how i like it... my mind is overloading, i am happy...
Apr 14, 2008 4:10 PM

Mar 2007
Alright, now the ball is rolling again! Here are some of my guesses/summary since I'm too lazy to read 8 pages of stuff. The Chinese leader was Geassed to side with Zero, but his aide seems to be just as smart Lulu, causing a possible future conflict. Suzu is not geassed by the emp, he merely wants more power so that he can pretend to change the world from the inside. Next episode we are going to see the Nana/School side of the season finale and what happened with her... As for Rollo, he better watch out as Lulu seems like hes gonna to kill him with ponies, only to find out Rollo has a Geass which saves him somehow. The king has a double geass of sorts as indicated by both eyes, I doubt however that his counterpart is VV.

Dibs on Ishida!
Apr 14, 2008 5:27 PM
Aug 2007
O.... Im totally shocked, filled with excitement, and cant wait 4 the next episode.... y cant all anime shows give off this feeling?!?! HURRY UP NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!! Man this show was worth the wait. Good ep with all these twists
Apr 14, 2008 5:42 PM

Dec 2007
Omg that messed up Suzaku completely betrayed Lelouch and Rollo has a geass!?
Apr 14, 2008 5:57 PM

Jan 2008
great episode liking it more then the 1st season.
Apr 14, 2008 6:37 PM
Jan 2007
Wishy said:

lmfao, it's like wishing for more wishes xD

Anyways, I'd gotten used to all the Suzaku bashing, but I think I should throw this out there. I've liked him since the beginning, and believed that he was truly trying to help the Japanese. People call him a hypocrite, but isn't Lulu just as much one?
yuki@RandomC said:
definition of hypocrite: a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives

Lelouch is a hypocrite. He is professing that he wants to save Japan but, in actuality, what he truly wants is revenge on his father and to create a place for Nunnally (not the Japanese people!) to be happy. He obviously would be willing to sacrifice Japan to do this.

It doesn’t matter if he acknowledges that he is being false. It doesn’t make him less of a hypocrite. What he says to the public in order to get them on his side is not what he really feels, so when he says these words, he is being hypocritical.

Lelouch does has many redeeming attributes (such as his love for Nunnally), but he can act selfishly as well. Most obviously, he lied and sullied Euphie’s name and reputation (a person he knows is innocent) all in order to achieve his goals.
(Asuka's note: I don't really agree with this part, he didn't really have a choice. But then again, he didn't have a choice because he couldn't reveal the existence of his Geass and he couldn't lose the support of the Japanese, so in a way, it /was/ for the sake of his goal.)

I know that I’m not going to change anyone’s mind because people will think what they want to think and will interpret things the way they want, so it’s fine if you want to interpret “hypocrite” in a different way. But I think that Lelouch is not meant to be a “good” character - he is much more complicated than that and has an obvious evil side. In any case, I still like Lelouch and Suzaku. And I know that Suzaku is hypocritical and can be evil as well.
Part of what makes Code Geass so awesome are the flaws the characters have, and I don't think it would be half as interesting without Suzaku.

Anyways, what I really wanted to say was that this was I thought before this episode . I felt pretty betrayed by what Suzaku did. I mean, I had faith in him, but he sold Lulu out solely for the sake of power? It's been a year and he's done nothing for the Japanese. Well, I was browsing the comments on Random C and found this:

If this is true, then I think I'll wait till the end of the series to pass judgement on Suzaku.

On a less serious note, I absolutely love the Knight of Rounds' outfits ♥
AsukaApr 14, 2008 6:49 PM
Apr 14, 2008 6:54 PM
Jun 2007
Wishy said:

Only Light from Death Note would do that... =P
Apr 14, 2008 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
Rainulf said:
Wishy said:

Only Light from Death Note would do that... =P

lol, I wonder how Death Note would have went if Light had the Geass instead...hm...

Anyways another awesome episode! I can't wait to see what happens next seeing how everyone and their brother seem to have the Geass.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.