MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» xxxHOLiC Rou »» xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

96 62.75%
4 out of 5: Liked it

40 26.14%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 9.80%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.31%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 153

06-03-10, 2:16 PM

I like how the beginning is a downer and the ending is really uplifting.

06-09-10, 7:45 AM

LolitaDecay said:
game8910 said:
But Himawari married was bullshit
I'm way too happy with this change from the manga.

It is not really a change from the manga...
The Manga currently plays 4 years after Yuuko is gone... the OVA on the hand plays 10 years after that...

06-10-10, 11:45 AM

It's really too bad that the entire xxxHolic series has been so chopped up, it's been difficult to follow the various jumps and crossovers. Tsubasa Chronicles as well was very sporatic...but now that i've seen all of it and read the Wiki, i have a better understanding of what's going on.

Yukou's existence was "suspended" and she had to live in that separate dimension (the shop) that was created by Reed Clow, and i guess having her "die" was the way to get Watanuki take her place which we all knew was going to happen the minute she started "grooming" him to take her place in the very first xxxHolic series. Still after seeing this episode i felt her "come back" was a bit awkward how they revealed it with Yuko talking through the girl...i thought they could have made this a lot more creative and interesting...i didn't feel Rou was up to par with other OVA's. At the end that Sakura tree they showed looks like the one in his dream in xxxholic Shunmaki. I'm guessing Yuko didn't actually reincarnate as that girl right? She was just using her to talk to Watanaki??

Also, if she reincarnates does that mean that Fei Wong Reed was ultimately defeated and all the struggles of Sakura and Syaoran in Tsubasa have been resolved?

P.S. we need an xxxholic pre-quel that is about Yuko.
Modified by joon, 06-10-10, 11:51 AM

06-14-10, 3:25 PM

Wow! It has been ages since I watched xxxHolic! I don't know what happened in the manga, but I really liked this OVA! Much better than the previous stuff! 9/10

I kind of figured out that this girl would have something to do with Yuuko. I hope they'll make more stuff because I'm too lazy to read the manga. And if I actually decide to do so, I'd have to force myself to start from the very beginning.. /OCD
And Watanuki became pretty hot. Probably because of the better art style, but still.. :$

Optime olere occisum hostem!

06-16-10, 5:08 PM

It was a great OVA. I gave it an 8/10 because I wanted to see animated the moment of his decision. I guess that really isn't part of Rou but still...

Also, I went kya

06-17-10, 6:02 PM

Older Doumeki is super handsome, really serious Watanuki is kinda sad I do like when he's flailing around *smile* his new character kinda makes me sad.

What a surprise I didn't know that Himawari got married

06-18-10, 12:08 AM

Watanuki is sooo serious!!!kinda weird watching him like that since he's so always soo clumsy and always yell at Doumeki.Overall anime is ok but there some part which are confusing for me,like are yuku dead or alive and what really happened that make her dissapear.But enjoyed it anyway =))

06-18-10, 12:17 AM

I have fallen in love with this anime....XD

06-23-10, 1:19 AM

haven't seen this yet, but i'm guessing it follows the events after the end of tsubasa and watanuki becoming the new shop owner like in the manga.
btw has anyone else noticed how watanuki is looking more and more like clow reed?

06-23-10, 1:37 AM

I REALLY ENJOYED THE OVA.

+1 FOR WATANUKI MAN-BOOB AND OVERALL FAN SERVICE

-1 FOR NO WATANUKI ARM FLAILING OR HIS USUAL CRAZINESS

HMMMM. NEEDS MOAR DOUMEKI.

06-23-10, 9:58 PM

Well, sooner or later watanuki was going to take over the job on the store...

At least himawari is married and out of their way... we can hope that watanuki ends with zashiki warashi!

06-30-10, 4:19 AM

This was probably the best anime episode of xxxHolic I've seen. Simply excellent.

I kind of wished that they wouldn't even hint at Yuuko returning, I was liking the idea of Watanuki being in charge.

07-04-10, 4:56 PM

emashu said:
Well, that savage girl is possesed by this spirit called Zuwhatever
and this Zuwhatever spirit talks to the camera and asks Watanuki to assist her in taking over completely, and she states "The compensation will be repaid through this girl's mouth"
So when Watanuki helps the girl, she takes the camera and pays the "compensation" she stated earlier
Now I'm unsure about this but
Either she used Yuuko's voice
Or she had Yuuko herself say it through that girl
Or Yuuko returned.

Now it makes sense!
I got tearied when Yuuko's voice said, "I'm home, watanuki" "welcome back....yuuko."..... ;( =]

It feels like Doumeki and Watanuki are married =P

07-05-10, 7:23 PM

awesome ova, just great but i had a lot of doubts xD
At least i undersootd more than the other 2 ovas of shunmuki

9/10

Will they make a new episode of rou?

07-07-10, 8:38 AM

jekk said:
It feels like Doumeki and Watanuki are married =P

Sure does! xd The age and even height difference between them felt kind of weird, but psychically they are both adults. I think that they're much closer now.

07-08-10, 4:33 AM

xxxHolic always generates a great atmosphere and this OVA was no different. I love how it switches from comedy with Mokona and Watanuki to the creep supernatural. 4.5/5

07-09-10, 8:32 AM

jekk said:

It feels like Doumeki and Watanuki are married =P[/quote

Couldn't agree more^^ Watanuki gave me a nosebleed when Doumeki opened the door and saw him laying there XD Why do you hate clamp about Himawari? I'm happy for her^^ They had to get rid of her somehow for them to be like a married couple XD But if they find Doumeki a girlfriend or something, I will hate them forever >:(

By the way, Watanuki's seriousness is cool but he's sad. You can feel it all over when you watch this ova. If Yuuko says she's back, I hope he can leave the shop and carry on with his life ^^

07-10-10, 9:53 AM

I thought this was amazing as is all xxxholic anime.
I did get slightly confused at moments, especially what the wish that watanuki granted was. However, i think it was because the subs on the one i watched weren't great and a lot of the sentences didn't make sense. Guess that just means i'll have tor re-watch when proper subs come out XD

Still i hope Yuuko is back, i think she has to the best Clamp character ever ...

07-10-10, 2:26 PM

emashu said:
unclesnapple said:
emashu said:

Or Yuuko returned.

So basically nobody knows.

Super. Thanks for nothing, CLAMP.

XD
Just believe whichever choice is most comfortable for you or most reasonable.
Mine would be that Yuuko's actually back, because otherwise she wouldn't say "I'm back", instead she would say "Hi Watanuki" or something of that manner :o

Agreed, and the fact that Yuuko might show up on Watanukis birthday makes a lot more sense. As for Himawari she mentioned that she would forever be indebted to Watanuki and that could possibly mean that he has removed her curse, making her able to marry somebody without any disastrous results.

07-11-10, 9:01 AM

PR0DIGY09 said:
emashu said:
unclesnapple said:
emashu said:

Or Yuuko returned.

So basically nobody knows.

Super. Thanks for nothing, CLAMP.

XD
Just believe whichever choice is most comfortable for you or most reasonable.
Mine would be that Yuuko's actually back, because otherwise she wouldn't say "I'm back", instead she would say "Hi Watanuki" or something of that manner :o

Agreed, and the fact that Yuuko might show up on Watanukis birthday makes a lot more sense. As for Himawari she mentioned that she would forever be indebted to Watanuki and that could possibly mean that he has removed her curse, making her able to marry somebody without any disastrous results.

I didnt undertand the part when doumeki got an egg, wtf? is it another pet like the bird that watanuki gave himawari??

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices