MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Boy Protects Girl
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Boy Protects Girl

05-09-10, 2:06 AM

Want to watch an anime where there is strong male that protects girl who is not annoying. Should have some sort of romance between these two. Anime like Inuyasha. Doesnt really matter who the lead is but no meccha.

05-09-10, 2:18 AM

Toaru Majutsu no Index fits the bill, and it really depends on your definition of 'annoying' to how you regard Index or any of the other girls like Misaka.

Also recommend Full Metal Panic, for Sousuke and Chidori. If you really don't want meccha of any kind (but it's really not the central focus of the show, i.e. it's not like Gundam for example) you can just watch Full Metal Panic Fummoffu - though I'd have to say you'd be missing out. Full Metal Panic is a great show.

Kure-nai is another one, but the romance is very innocent as it focuses on the relationship between a very young girl and her male teenage guardian.
Modified by novalis, 05-09-10, 2:21 AM

05-09-10, 2:23 AM

Thanks, I will give both a try

05-09-10, 2:26 AM

Hayate the Combat Butler!!, though the romance is one-sided. not sure what your definition of annoying is though. so I'll just say that the female lead is a self-centered, spoiled tsundere.
Full Metal Panic!, not much romance but there's clearly a cannon pairing between the male lead and the female lead he protects
Zero no Tsukaima, again the female lead is a tsundere, so this may not be your thing

of course, depending on the level of romance, the degree of protection and your definition of annoying. you could probably just pick a random shounen off the top 100 list and it'd meet your requirements to some degree.

05-09-10, 2:33 AM

jacobpaige said:
Hayate the Combat Butler!!, though the romance is one-sided. not sure what your definition of annoying is though. so I'll just say that the female lead is a self-centered, spoiled tsundere.
Full Metal Panic!, not much romance but there's clearly a cannon pairing between the male lead and the female lead he protects
Zero no Tsukaima, again the female lead is a tsundere, so this may not be your thing

of course, depending on the level of romance, the degree of protection and your definition of annoying. you could probably just pick a random shounen off the top 100 list and it'd meet your requirements to some degree.

Thanks for the recs. Level of romance would be that they like each other or grow to develop feelings for each other. It would be even better if they hooked up. As far as the protection goes, they protect the girl when they are in danger (how byakuya or ichigo comes to rukiyas rescue or how inuyasha protects kagome, just examples) and my definition of annoying would any female character like Orihime from bleach.

05-09-10, 2:46 AM

Level of romance would be that they like each other or grow to develop feelings for each other. It would be even better if they hooked up. As far as the protection goes, they protect the girl when they are in danger (how byakuya or ichigo comes to rukiyas rescue or how inuyasha protects kagome, just examples) and my definition of annoying would any female character like Orihime from bleach.

Then you have to watch Full Metal Panic. Aside from the occasional mecha combat, it is exactly what you want.

And seconding Hayate no Gotoku, aka Hayate the Combat Butler.

05-09-10, 2:48 AM

Kure-nai, of course.

There's not much romance, but the two leads definitely have feelings for each other, and the male lead will do pretty much anything to protect the female lead.

05-09-10, 2:48 AM

I'd say Ai Kora, but you're looking for anime.

Pretty much everything that has been said I will second.
All of my FAL results so far.

05-09-10, 12:28 PM

For manga: Kagetora.

05-10-10, 1:55 AM

Ok, I went ahead and started watching FMP. So far it is ok, a little boring but since a few people recommend it, Ill keep watching it. Kure-nai was pretty nice too.

05-10-10, 3:51 AM

Elemental Gelade. Though the male lead isn't really that powerful, but the romance is cleaar.
Score Criteria:

05-10-10, 9:32 AM

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - sort of he tries to protect her more like trains hard in order to be able to :)) cuz she kick his ass
Nagasarete Airantou - same :)
Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e
Rune Soldier
11eyes
Tower of Druaga
World Destruction

05-10-10, 10:54 AM

jacobpaige said:
GreatEmperor said:
Elemental Gelade. Though the male lead isn't really that powerful, but the romance is cleaar.

Second/third/fourth-ing those.

I'd add in Busou Renkin, Midori no Hibi (more comedy than action, but the guy still "protects" her), and Princess Lover.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices