Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2010 4:21 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Good sequel, this Jojo didn't die fighting. My favorite part was the horse carriage fight, it was sick! Looking forward to part 3.

6-7/10
Nov 5, 2012 3:22 AM

Jun 2009
Was definitely an improvement over the first part. There were still some things I didn't like, such as how bare bones every character turned out to be. But, they were at least entertaining for the most part, unlike in Phantom Blood.

I'm also not a fan of how Jojo had nearly every fight scene, aside from a few that Ceasar had. Jojo himself, though, was pretty amusing and a definite upgrade from Jonathon who was just...boring, I guess.

7/10. Looking forward to part 3 as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 13, 2012 1:05 PM
Jan 2010
wham
glorious bastard
Dec 16, 2012 7:40 AM

Feb 2008
Improvement over Phantom Blood in character and fight area, but the antagonists weren't as interesting as Dio. Dio and Jonathan shared a bond. The Pillar Men were just random cardboard villains. And for Christ sake, ACDC? Really? An ancient being named ACDC?

6/10

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 2, 2013 3:57 PM
Jan 2010
ZetaZaku said:
Improvement over Phantom Blood in character and fight area, but the antagonists weren't as interesting as Dio. Dio and Jonathan shared a bond. The Pillar Men were just random cardboard villains. And for Christ sake, ACDC? Really? An ancient being named ACDC?

6/10

a villain named DIO? WHAM? CARS? SPEEDWAGON?

hahaha dude
just fuck off
Jan 26, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2009
ZetaZaku said:

6/10
Jul 23, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
The ending was very good. This arc had a vast improvement over the first arc. I'm glad that Jojo managed to survive and hope he appears in the next arcs.
Jun 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
I prefer the anime version of this part, the art was a little too messy to read, but overall it's a very good sequel to Part 1, on to Part 3!
Aug 8, 2015 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Part 2 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is such a vast improvement over Phantom Blood that it's almost astounding. You don't need to look any further than the JoJo's themselves to see the disparity in quality. In Phantom Blood we got Jonathan, a boring character with a bland personality that doesn't extend past being good, here we're treated to a far more entertaining character that is Joseph. He's a lot livelier than Jonathan, a lot more unique with his trickster personality & is easily able to carry his part alone. Granted, he didn't entirely have to, the other characters aren't as great as Joseph but most of them are likable enough & personally, the includes the villains who are also superior to part 1's villain, Dio Brando.

I'm not really in the mood to get all in-depth with Battle Tendency or talk about it at length for very much longer, probably because this is my third time experiencing the story so I'll leave off with a rating, 7/10.
Aug 7, 2016 11:05 PM

Aug 2014
My nigga SPEED WEED died a virgin, shit ain't right :(

Gotta love after all of these years Joseph is still the same massive racist we all know and love xD.

I'm surprised I still enjoyed this part considering I already watch the anime version. Definitely a step up from part I like many stated...as soon as the training regiment by Lisa Lisa began, the writing really improved from there on imo.
KashKetchumAug 7, 2016 11:20 PM
Aug 12, 2017 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
I feel too many plotholes here.

Like really he fell from space into ocean and survived in it after losing arm and leg?

I mean c'mon.
Dec 7, 2017 4:08 PM
Mar 2015
A significant improvement over part 1, but still pretty bland as far as storytelling goes.

Overall score for the series has increased to a lowercase 6.
Jan 12, 2018 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
Even though I preferred the anime's version of this final battle, overall I'd say the manga was the superior experience.
Feb 7, 2018 12:17 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great ending for this arc!!! Jojo was alive, and he married with Suzie Q!!!
The new arc starter years later in Japan!!!!
Mar 5, 2018 1:58 PM

Jan 2018
I don't know how I feel about the last battle, but I like the ending overall and the fact that finally a Joestar member actually survived to his later life. Great hopes for the 3rd part.
One thing I really wanted to see is Jojo's reaction to finding out Lisa Lisa was his mother all along, did they ever had a mother-son relationship after that :DD hard to imagine though.

Apr 6, 2018 2:30 AM

Dec 2015
An epilogue that still retains the funny side that survived through this whole series of bloody fights.
The 80s part was a great way to end it.

5/5 "I like my walkman, though."

THis part was overall way funnier than the previous one, the fights were less "boring" (thanks to the more varied abilities featured in them) and the characters still as simple as before were attractive enough. on the other hand, it lacked a certain atmosphere (while Phantom Blood had this dumb mix of gothic classic / kung-fu movie). The villains had not the allure of the psychopath DIO but at least, they were worthy fighters.
The drawings had less weirdly proportionates bodies and looked slightly less desorganized than before

Same concept as before: an action piece, mix of many "B-movies" and no fear for ridiculousness. Just using another recipe.

6.5-/10

TitoPuente said:
Not even sure what people see in Jojos so far, its a total mess. hope it improves in the upcoming arcs.

This is what I saw in the original saga (I-III):
a series of fights exploiting a maximal number of B/Z movies and other nice things like that. At least, that's the case for the initial saga (parts 1-3).
Don't go in for a possible story. Try it because you have a certain love for victorian fantasy novels, 80s US horror movies, 70s HK kung-fu movies and other oldies like that.

It's a cheerful mix of probably most things the author liked back in those days, powdered by large amounts of ridiculousness..
Rei_IIIMay 9, 2018 7:26 AM
Apr 25, 2018 12:03 PM

Aug 2016
the only good things about both jojos so far are the poses, the deaths of comrades and the ends. for the rest, this sequel was even more dissapointing than phantom blood. not even sure what people see in Jojos so far, its a total mess. hope it improves in the upcoming arcs.
:v
Sep 12, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
Hilarious ending to a ridiculous and fun manga xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 13, 2018 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
So much better than Phantom Blood. Araki really came into his own as a writer with this arc due to the more well rounded characters and more memorable fights.
Take care of yourself

Nov 22, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2016
Kars thought that he could propel himself back to earth like a rocket but the moment he pushed himself back to adjust his trajectory, he got frozen by the coldness of space and drifted off farther and farther towards the oblivion. Floating aimlessly in space for all eternity as a rock isn't much of a prompt for philosophical questions so he just stopped thinking entirely.

Jojo walked into his own funeral without anyone knowing that he was alive and well just because his wife, Suzie Q, forgot to send the telegram about it so she can enjoy her time with him. Imagine if that golden ring Joseph gave her was Wamuu's lip ring~

I liked how the anime showed the character's futures as they were being narrated because it made that last look at them sound like an actual goodbye. I finally finished one of my favorite parts of Jojo and it sure felt great!

Dec 17, 2018 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
Haha, everyone thought he was dead and he even got married during that time.
Apr 11, 2019 9:59 AM

Oct 2015
You know the fight's over when JoJo predicts what you're going to say. Pretty enjoyable part. Joseph is a lot more likeable than Jonathan
May 9, 2019 7:23 AM

Feb 2017
I expected Lisa Lisa would die in battle, but it's nice that she reunited with the Joestar family.

I like Phantom Blood a little better.
Nov 25, 2019 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Ironic end for Cars. That last bit with SeuzieQ was hilarious. Overall, a happy ending.

I like this part equally as Phantom Blood. It had a lot of improvements in the fighting and character department, sure, but it just didn't feel as fun to me like the first one did. None of the Pillar men could rival Dio, and some of the relationships just felt rushed. Joseph's antics while intriguing and carrying the entire part, kinda felt flat to me and got old fast too. Both are fine for what they are. I actually prefer the two parts in the manga to the anime adaptation thanks to that gorgeous artwork by Araki, and the little details which I feel got lost in the anime.

Anyway, I give both 'Phantom Blood' & 'Battle Tendency' a 7/10 rating!

Next stop, Part 3!
Nov 28, 2019 7:39 PM

Jun 2016
Firstly, poor freaking Cars. I guess that is the fate of immortal enemies in anime and manga and probably everything else. They either get sealed away to be awaken once more or put into a state of perpetual and endless suffering. I’ve seen both a few times and Cars got the worst imaginable, freezing in space he drifted while conscious and wished for death until at some point his thinking just clicked off. That’s like grotesque and cruel. I imagine the last words of Joseph echoed in his head over and over again.

Then we had the sad funeral of friend, uncle, mother, and grandmother to be surprised by Joseph showing up with a wife and getting pissed yet again at people calling him an idiot. It made for a nice moment, and although it wasn’t his fault, it feels so in line for Joseph to even fool the audience of his death. Joseph has a cool robotic arm from Stroheim and he survived, was saved in the ocean and then tended to by Suzie Q much like Erina tended to Jonathan’s wounds after the mansion burned down. It’s sweet and Suzie Q is definitely fitting for Joseph, both are quite dumb in the everyday and equally adorable. The double panel of her when Joseph asked if she forgot to let all of his loved ones know he wasn’t dead was pretty hysterical.

After she ran off we got a good conclusion to Battle Tendency and Phantom Blood, both plot wise and character wise. Especially with the likes of Speedwagon and Erina passing away and Cars being sent to eternal suffering. Rest in peace to both of those legends and also to Stroheim. I was most hit by his passing since Joseph had hoped to meet him again but at least he went out doing what he loved. Lisa Lisa moved back with Joseph and married a hollywood screenwriter and Smokey became the first black mayor of Georgia! Good stuff guys.

The end teased with the next part and provided a pattern. The pattern is that each part may skip two generations as to let the world pass enough to make the next part feel like a brand new thing. Joseph, an older man now, hasn’t changed too much. Perhaps he almost got his anger under control which was teased at with him letting the kid go until he noticed he was Japanese and kicked him in the shin, heh. He has a beloved daughter born between him and presumably Suzie Q, and that daughter married a Japanese guy and took her away forming anger towards them. He’s afraid his grandson won’t even recognize him!! It’s sweet because it shows his short fuse is still around and it shows he’s just as caring about his family as ever. Papa or Grandpa Joseph sounds like a blast. Flying off listening to the Beatles, I presume he’s going to go be the Speedwagon for the next Joestar protagonist! It’s definitely nice he broke the Joestar curse, perhaps thematically fitting with taking down Cars who started it to begin with.

Okay, now onto my overall thoughts:

Edit: Typos
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsApr 28, 2020 6:37 AM
Feb 3, 2020 9:21 AM
Mar 2016
My favourite manga...
Feb 12, 2020 11:40 AM
Mar 2016
One of the best manga ever made...
Mar 31, 2020 7:31 PM
Mar 2016
I will assure myself that everyone knows this gem in my city...
Jul 18, 2020 8:01 AM

Mar 2020
not bad, I can't say it's excellent, it's good and that good hehe
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Sep 14, 2020 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
A happy ending! Joseph survived, Cars was defeated, and everyone else lived rather satisfying lives. :)
Jul 30, 2021 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
Overall, I thought Battle Tendency was okay. I can't say that I liked Joseph as much as most fans of Jojo do. Sometimes he was funny and other times I felt his comedy was distracting. This includes his fourth-wall-breaking predictions of the characters' thoughts. It kind of took me out of my immersion into the story at times. There were also some parts where the action was a little hard to follow and the explanations for Joseph's strategies were a little hard to understand. I know a lot of people in the comments section are roasting Phantom Blood in comparison to this part. But I personally liked Phantom Blood a lot more. Yeah, it may have been generic. But it drew me in more.
removed-userAug 5, 2021 5:46 PM
Aug 10, 2021 1:28 PM
Aug 2021
Love it mother fucker
Oct 3, 2021 11:43 PM

Jul 2020
beautiful. more appreciation for battle tendency. tbh i thought reading part 1 and 2 would be boring but nahh. it was great read.
Oct 24, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2020
Listening to Get Back by The Beatles right after finishing the manga.
Crazy experience man.
I love this series.
--AbiSa--
Mar 4, 2022 1:02 PM

Dec 2020
Not as good as the anime with its rough art but still the most entertaining JoJo part, the battles are a ton of fun and the characters are all goofy and likeable though I wish it was a little longer.
Oct 13, 2022 3:04 AM

Jan 2011
First time I read it I liked the anime more, but on a reread? Hmm, maybe still, but it's a lot closer.

Yo, who the fuck where those guys picking a fight with JoJo at his funeral when they don't even recognise him? Various funeral servicemen obviously, but I can't stop imagining it as some random strangers at his funeral.
Oct 16, 2022 4:07 PM
Jan 2021
very good rrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 12, 2023 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
Besto JoJo G.O.A.T.
Oct 14, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2022
So JoJo didn't actually die, interesting . Battle Tendency is a thousand times better than Phantom Blood .

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 68 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

12 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 67 Discussion

9 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 66 Discussion

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 64 Discussion

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 63 Discussion

10 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.