Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 7, 2010 9:03 PM

Apr 2010
The first half of the episode was good but not as good as the others
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 7, 2010 9:03 PM

Apr 2010
The opening was disappointing :( I was hoping for a badass scene.

Then you miss the WHOLE fight between the SSS and the new student council, he bitches because he couldn't make pots and he was envious of his brother (pussy much?), and then there was this sudden mood switch on this episode.

Sorry, but this episode was kind of a fail :(
They don't need to rush, just try to get a second season going.

Anyway, I loved when Hinata made the gay joke haha. Would have been awesome to see Otonashi and the student council president fist fighting or something instead of homo-hug time, or at least some kind of development in Otonashi's character/memory instead of this code geass power rip off thing. :(

CMU
May 7, 2010 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
If Tachibana was any cuter... I think I could die from watching this show.
Just...every second, every pose, every posture/expression is filled with cuteness. She is the Essence of Cute.

Zero009 said:

-Glad to see that Tachibana could finally eat some Mapo Doufu and she was just criminally cute in prison. Also that hand sonic V4 was just lol.
-It was nice to see Otonashi acting like a man and his "speech" was quite good, though that hugging afterwards was a bit awkward.

Soo Otonashi's harem after this episode includes Yuri, Tachibana, Hinata and Naoi? Well at least it has diversity lol.

Lol. The hand flower V4 was CUTE how she thought ti was cute xD.
And Lol again @ the mixed Harem.

Great episode again, for me, this show has yet to not deliver.

- Hinata & Otonashi moment was a great touch.
- Brutal massacre was so sad :(. It still hurts! ><
- I was hoping that Naoi would be satisfied and disappeared =, he held Yuri too weirdly for me.
- I agree, they should have shown the battle, or at least small scenes/still frames of it happening while Otonashi and Tachibana ran out. Or at the very least should have had a small part of the end battle with Yuri going down :(.
FateEntityMay 7, 2010 9:15 PM
May 7, 2010 9:14 PM

Apr 2010
Fatentity said:
Just...every second, every pose, every posture/expression is filled with cuteness. She is the Essence of Cute.

Hand Sonic v4 is epic.

Hurray for Otonashi x Tachibana moments. I mean, the two of them were alone inside a small room with one bed.

*Hand Sonic Version Nine!* | You really need a new sig, Nine. |
May 7, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
Nine said:
Fatentity said:

Hand Sonic v4 is epic.

Hurray for Otonashi x Tachibana moments. I mean, the two of them were alone inside a small room with one bed.

Lol yeah, I was hoping one of those awkward/embarrassing kind of "moments" would happen between those two, at least briefly, but nothing did :(. With her being asleep and all xD.

I'm at the point where I would be severely sad if any more people disappeared (Except Naoi). I don't want anyone to disappear :(. They're fine how they are. But I know it has to happen eventually...
May 7, 2010 9:22 PM

Dec 2007
havsie said:
Kyjin said:
Ugh, so disappointed with what they did with Naoi. I don't want him to be a sympathetic character; I hope he just disappears soon.

Tenshi continues to be adorable beyond reason. :D Probably my favorite parts of the episode where her.

You realize Naoi is gone right? He disappeared after he was "acknowledged" and the teardrop falling onto the ground after it stopped raining symbolized he disappeared.

Thank you. I was starting to worry that I had misunderstood that scene since nobody else was mentioning his disappearance.
May 7, 2010 9:30 PM

Nov 2006
elkishly said:
windy said:
keitorin said:
KazeFalcon said:
OMG!!OMG!!
THIS EPISODE IS FOR FANGIRLS :DD
LOVE THE HINATA X OTONASHI SCENE ^_^
I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE MAKING AN HINATA X OTONASHI FC NOW!!!
DO IT.

:>
i will join. i can supply pix.
I shall join too. And I can supply nothing. 8D
i went ahead and made it. soz. i couldn't wait. :v
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=21249
May 7, 2010 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
Bizarre episode. It went from cool to terrible in seconds, and then just descended into cliche. Also, what is up with that confession to Naoi when Hinata's been there the whole time? That's fucked up.
May 7, 2010 9:31 PM
Nov 2009
i love how people are pissed that there's no 2 dimensional villain that simply exists to be hated by the audience. is there a heavy DBZ audience watching or something? lol.

but yeah i was expecting that guy to be the villain the rest of series but oh well.
May 7, 2010 9:38 PM
Jan 2008
1) Almost certain Naoi disappeared. Your villain is in another castle.
2) Not showing you the epic fight made the impact of the blood bath from Otonashi's perspective that much more weighty. You can't have both, and given the limited number of episodes (creator said he felt it almost couldn't be done with so few) they had to pick a single impact instead of an epic battle. I imagine you'll get your epic battle yet, just wait for it.
3) Why so much 'what a homo hug' etc? It's an emotional moment, and Otonashi just shows he cares. He probably, on some level, has fear and envy for not knowing what his own memories hold. What did you want, a punch? Not really an Otonashi trait...
May 7, 2010 9:48 PM

Apr 2010
everydaygamer said:
i love how people are pissed that there's no 2 dimensional villain that simply exists to be hated by the audience. is there a heavy DBZ audience watching or something? lol.

so true...

Awww...everybody is lying there dead or whatever but we never get to see the battle...oh well...i was happy that tenshi finally got her mapo tofu though
May 7, 2010 9:50 PM

Apr 2010
lyim said:

3) Why so much 'what a homo hug' etc? It's an emotional moment, and Otonashi just shows he cares. He probably, on some level, has fear and envy for not knowing what his own memories hold. What did you want, a punch? Not really an Otonashi trait...

Yeah because I'd feel like I should hug him too if he just had a bunch of people sit there and constantly shoot my friends until the field I was standing on was now a literal pool of blood, oh and not to mention trying to mind control my leader to make her disappear.

Total emotional moment that deserved a hug.

CMU
May 7, 2010 9:51 PM

Jan 2010
Alexstratz said:
Hum, I'm gonna accept the fact for now that there's no logic explanation to this, just like Clannad's dream world.

Eh....name me a Key work that has outright explained all of the mysteries rather than subtly hinted at them and leaving the majority to viewer interpretation. It's not that there's no logical explanation, it's that there are too many and all of them based on vague hints.

"Magical" things left to interpretation is each series -
Excluding Moon (w/ Tactics) and Planetarian (because it was so down to life *sob*)

Back to the episode ^.^

I can't say I enjoyed it as much as the first 5 but it was still, nonetheless, rather good. Definitely got a lot more plot advancement.

Most interesting to me was Kanade. How adorable she is aside, this episode solidified the fact that she's in some way central to the existence of the world, if not the creator (though not necessarily "God- as Yuri defines it"). Based off developments in previous works I think we can all assume that the fact that she can't "pass on" wasn't put there just for angst.
cr1msonambienceMay 7, 2010 9:58 PM
May 7, 2010 9:53 PM

Aug 2009
I liked the many versions of Hand Sonic there were. (Seriously, flower one was so over the top, it was funny)

Though we still haven't seen Kage Bunshin no Jutsu Harmonics yet.
May 7, 2010 10:16 PM

Dec 2009
noteDhero said:
Bizarre episode. It went from cool to terrible in seconds, and then just descended into cliche. Also, what is up with that confession to Naoi when Hinata's been there the whole time? That's fucked up.
Otonashi, that was just dirty.
May 7, 2010 10:18 PM

Apr 2010
I'll be back. TK is so awesome.
May 7, 2010 10:22 PM

Jan 2010
windy said:
elkishly said:
windy said:
keitorin said:
KazeFalcon said:
OMG!!OMG!!
THIS EPISODE IS FOR FANGIRLS :DD
LOVE THE HINATA X OTONASHI SCENE ^_^
I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE MAKING AN HINATA X OTONASHI FC NOW!!!
DO IT.

:>
i will join. i can supply pix.
I shall join too. And I can supply nothing. 8D
i went ahead and made it. soz. i couldn't wait. :v
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=21249

LOL!!!
HOW COULD YOU???
I WAS GONNA MAKE THAT CLUB :D :D
May 7, 2010 10:34 PM

Feb 2010
lol....what do you think???

*making avatar...

"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 7, 2010 10:35 PM

May 2008
awesome episode is epic win!, lovely, emotion and TK! I'll be back

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 7, 2010 10:36 PM
Jun 2009
It was nice knowing ya Naoi. Glad that Otonashi gave him his resolve. I hope we can learn about the others past lives from now on.

I wonder if the SSS and Tenshi are going to be in good terms after all of this. The series is getting much better though, imo.
May 7, 2010 10:47 PM

Jul 2009
Episode started nice but getting corny & awkward in the end.Kanade is adorable this episode & her fast-eating mopu tofu made me lol.T.K having at least 5 line made me happy & his line "i will be back" & dive out of the window is awesome :)

KanadexOtonashi scene at the cell is nice.They even hold their hand when running away :)

The whole massacre is very nasty & there is so many pool of blood.I was expecting Naoi goes batshit & dancing on the blood pool like Ladd Russo.Lelouch Naoi using some sort of geass-like power to mind-rape Yuri but Otonashi stops him.Otonashi looks so cool with his speech until the part he hugged Naoi....that is very awkward & weird to me.

Oh dear i can sense alot of fanart of Otonashi/Naoi hugging scene will appear in Pixiv,as if Hinata/Otonashi fanart is not enough.
May 7, 2010 10:47 PM

Apr 2008
HAHA ... they doing all sort of weird things in class... lol

May 7, 2010 11:00 PM

Jan 2010
Is it just me or are they having issues deciding on Tenshi's height? At times she appears to barely come up to his shoulders (most notably in the classroom scenes and timeframe 12:40 <- I don't know if they were trying to scale with distance or something but he's standing right next to her in a confined cell...) Other times she's more or less equivalent with Yuri, coming up to a little higher than his shoulders.
cr1msonambienceMay 7, 2010 11:04 PM
May 7, 2010 11:02 PM

May 2008
Haha T.K ''ill be back''

This episode was alright, quite confusing at first but ye, Naosi is a dumbass but after his past, mhmm i dont know... whats going to happen now.

Yuri and all injured/dead, =/ but anyway they will revive.
May 7, 2010 11:03 PM

Apr 2009
Finally, the drama I was waiting for.
May 7, 2010 11:12 PM

Nov 2007
Otanashi hugging the VP, I was like wtf. Tenshi and Yuri didn't stop him?

May 7, 2010 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
This episode made me want to try eating that spicy tofu.

I like the name Tachibana Kanade a lot more than just referring her as simply Tenshi. She's so adorable it should be a crime...especially when she eats the rest of the tofu really fast: that should be made into a gif image.
May 7, 2010 11:19 PM

Jun 2009
lol @ f*cking TK. The guy is hilarious..

Anyway, back on topic on-hand. The episode is again excellent, Naoi's case reminded me a lot of the girl in H2O footprints in the sand where he has to replace his deceased brother just difference in gender.

Now, I'm wondering what will the next episode would be since Naoi has soften and Tenshi isn't doing anything anymore. Probably, they would finally find the God they are looking for?
May 7, 2010 11:23 PM
Feb 2009
yes! Tenshi was way too cute :PP
May 7, 2010 11:41 PM

Oct 2009
Tachibana is just too cute, omg I love her. Her finishing her tofu made me l0l. Her going to sleep made me :D. Her handsonic v4 made me l0l. Ahh, Kanade.

This was such a nice episode.

I don't even care about that guy with the hat, not even his name has a place in my brain. I didn't care about him @ all, all I want is Kanade. Oh and, Yuri wasn't bad in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2010 11:47 PM

Apr 2010
Hand Sonic Ver.4 is just pure WIN! Tenshi <3
May 7, 2010 11:48 PM

Apr 2010
It seems that Otonashi convinced Naoi to stop but i'm curios whats gonna happen in episode 7..

and why do everyone reacts like their going to die -_-" when they can't die in that world ?_?
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 7, 2010 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
Flags triggered by Otonashi on this episode:

-Yuri #3
-Tachinaba Kanade #2,3,4,5
-Hinata #5
-Naoi #1

he seems to be progressing fast through the Kanade route, although his Hinata development is just as advanced
May 7, 2010 11:52 PM

Sep 2008
Kanade is just too adorable. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
Lia singing in the OP, while Tenshi plays the piano, is still.. Awesome~

Herp derp anyway, "I'll be back."

And surprise, Naoi isn't an NPC.

..Why.. Would Version 4.. Look like a flower? xD

Anyway, tl;dr Tenshi <3 and would someone please kill Naoi? Just beat the crap out of him instead of sympathizing with him D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 8, 2010 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode, they kinda bring in tragic-drama-and-fight-in-field just like in Clannad AS on Sunohara's story but they fails. The emotion couldn't be feeled.

The comedy as always is funny. To me, the highlight on this episode is Tachibana, it's sad, but apparently couldn't make me cry. Tachibana is just fuckin' adorable in this eps. And for the first time, i found Haruhippe is sexy when she is held by Naoi. need doujins lol.

Naoi's life... just like in H2O Footprints in The Sand ?
Oh yeah, some yaoi doujin featuring Otonashi and Naoi will be coming soon.
May 8, 2010 12:11 AM

May 2009
Otonashi was busy spreading the love in this episode. Boy or girl, friend or enemy, it matters not to Otonashi. Tenshi was undeniably cute. I suddenly see a spike in mapo tofu consumption. Tasty.
May 8, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
Yet another PHAIL LULZ-U-SAD ep for me.... At least the previous ep was kinda sad with DFC angel.... Seriously, just stick with the comedy and dump the shitty plot down the sewage already. I know I will gladly rate this show 10/10 if it focuses entirely on the comedy aspect as well as featuring only Shiina and that Hosaka look-alike dude.

If there's anything likeable in this ep, that would be how that VP looks just like another trap of the NATO, er.... NAOTO series.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

May 8, 2010 12:31 AM

Nov 2009
<3 Kanade more after this ep, totally turning into a fanboy for her lol
May 8, 2010 12:52 AM

Nov 2009
"The one who died was you"

Anyone thought much about this phrase?

Also, as a side note,

" I am who I am"
"I existed because people acknowledge that I exist"
" I once existed because I once thought, and therefore, I was real once"

These are three contradictory terms that talks about existence

Naoi wanted to be accepted. He wants people to accept his existence. There is a reason why he so called "take offense" against the SSS group. He is in the state of what the psychologists called the "shadow function". Otonashi acknowledged his existence, and that is all what is needed.
In this way, one could understand why he wanted to get rid of the SSS, overthrow Tenshi as "seitokai" and becoming a "God" himself, just to demonstrate to himself that he exists.

And the twin brother thing, it also reminds me a bit of H2O. Enff said.

And Mapo tofu (Sichuan, China) is not as spicy as being shown in the anime. True enough, it is enough to make some cry, but it is not as spicy as some of the other asian foods. Try some with kailan vegetable, rice, fried egg and sweet and sour pork. The combination is great.

PS: And I wonder if "God" is just a delusional existence.
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
May 8, 2010 12:52 AM

Mar 2008
seriously if I was alone in a cell with Kanade....... *nosebleed*
May 8, 2010 12:58 AM

Feb 2009
-"Ouch, are you serious?" "Just wild heaven." "I'll be back"
More dialogue from TK is ok.

-Kanade was great. Slacking off a bit because she was relieved of student council duty. She is adorable when she finished off the Mapo Tofu and when she was sleepy. Hand Sonic Version 4 was just win! Her story is really sad.

-Yuri was hot when she was grabbed by Naoi and resisting like that. She has a nice rack there...

-YNaoi's story was meh. Maybe because it was pottery or because switching twins is typical but is that supposed to make me pity him when he just massacred the SSS brigade. But I am curious about how he got that Geass hypnotism power.

-I can't believe Otonashi swings that way. I can take that he approached Hinata("Korenanoka?" was funny) but hugging Naoi? It was dramatic but the hug just ruined it. But he has a diverse and interesting harem now.

Nice transtion from comedy in the classroom to drama in the rain but the yaoi thing just ruined it.
4/5

LOL at the Otonashi/Hinata FC...
May 8, 2010 1:10 AM

Oct 2009
Wooow, TK: "I'll be back." That made a good laugh. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I'm getting worried after your complaints :/
May 8, 2010 1:11 AM
Apr 2009
that was homo-ish
lolol Otonashi could of at least beat the fuck out of Naoi
and then hold Yuri in his arms and then let Naoi tell his story
May 8, 2010 1:16 AM

Nov 2008
Naratchi said:
Wooow, TK: "I'll be back." That made a good laugh. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I'm getting worried after your complaints :/
You got to be shitting me. You came here to post and you haven't watched the whole episode yet?

I want to slap you right now.
May 8, 2010 1:17 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, I straightaway though of H20 with the backstory of the hatted boy; I still don't know his name lol, not planning to learn it.

On my third rewatch :D First was raw though.
May 8, 2010 1:43 AM
May 2010
I'll just say watching the episode a second time I enjoyed it a lot more than my first time, I think the reason why the first time feels so bipolar at the memory part is because people are being emotionally lead one way only to be jerked into another emotion, which I think was intentional. However, I didn't feel anything for Naoi's story either. Still, a second time it all felt much more fluent.

I actually still think Naoi is going to be the villain, next episode suggests something about something huge, a carnival, and being alive. Though that episode will also mark when we're officially a little over halfway done with the series.
May 8, 2010 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
Oh yuuush, that wasn't very satisfying. I'm gonna say this:
THIS EPIC SHITE NEEDS MORE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!

Maximatum99 said:
Naratchi said:
You got to be shitting me. You came here to post and you haven't watched the whole episode yet?

I want to slap you right now.

Go ahead, I believe I want more slapping today, since this show didn't provide any.
May 8, 2010 1:58 AM

Jan 2010
Serious episode.
Is Otonashi bi ?
Wafu~ !
May 8, 2010 2:01 AM
May 2010
A misconception people may get from this. Otonashi is not bi particularly, in fact in the situation with Naoi being a caring person I would probably have hugged him too, and I am male. Not because I'm attracted but to show I care. The point being, Otonashi is an evidently caring person, I have been able to relate to him a lot and it wasn't out of sexual feelings for him but to show he cared and was there for him.

If he is bi in fact, good for him, but him hugging another guy in obvious need of companionship and help isn't bi for some people. Others will be more uptight, but it's not any different than a guy or girl hugging someone they are worried about or when they want to comfort them.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

536 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1748 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

563 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Apr 30, 2010

608 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

387 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.