Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2010 5:42 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Devimon is....just evil.

lmao @ Taichi and Yamato making Joe get in the bath w/ out the towel and Gomamon on the girls' side xD

EPIC FORESHADOWING when Patamon is looking at the painting of the Angel xD

Aug 6, 2010 1:10 AM
Aug 2009
Wonder if they'll ever find each other again, one more digimon to evolve.
Jan 11, 2012 6:26 AM
Jan 2012
I wonder when Patamon will evolve.
Jul 8, 2012 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Devimon is....just evil.

lmao @ Taichi and Yamato making Joe get in the bath w/ out the towel and Gomamon on the girls' side xD

EPIC FORESHADOWING when Patamon is looking at the painting of the Angel xD
Poor Joe!

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
May 1, 2013 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like the first arc is over without Patamon digivolving.
Apr 9, 2014 3:03 PM
Mar 2013
I don't know why evil people are SO LAZY. Devimon could've easily gotten off his butt and fought the digi-destined themselves instead of leaving it to Leomon and Ogremon.

Other than getting pissed off at Devimon for his laziness I loved the episode. Gotta agree with the OP, it was funny to see Gomamon in the girl's side of the bath ^^
Jul 5, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
Matt: "So far, we haven't found any sharks in the water."
Tai: "No big ones."

Lmfao, I'm surprised they let this slide in a kids' show.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 17, 2014 9:35 AM

Jan 2014
Poor Joe! lol
Devimon is so evil...
Nov 30, 2014 6:45 AM

Dec 2007
lol Patamon looking at the angel.
Nov 30, 2014 7:47 AM

Aug 2012
emeraldrosary said:
. Devimon could've easily gotten off his butt and fought the digi-destined themselves instead of leaving it to Leomon and Ogremon.

Funny, i just checked my notes and i commented exactly the same thing on this episode; tho i don't really remember it :p
Jun 14, 2015 1:47 PM

Mar 2015
This ep felt really familiar, I think it was one of the few episodes I owned on VHS about 10 years or so. (I must of watched it over dozen times when I was little)
Jun 3, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, finally a real villain appears!
Devimon!!!
Leomon was kinda lame to fall for the same trick twice.
May 24, 2017 7:23 AM
Dec 2014
That was a great episode , I devimon design and the illusion was great.
May 27, 2018 7:05 AM

Dec 2016
Poor Gabumon, had to hide himself because he was too shy to take his wolf skin off.

Also loved how in this episode the show gave us a hint of the very relevant event Patamon was going to live soon with the angel painting.
Nov 25, 2019 10:27 PM

Apr 2016
"Embrace your baptism of evil" - who talks like that?

Even if Leomon and Ogremon can't fly, we know that there is a crack in the wall that can be opened and closed to release the Black Gears. Devimon could've opened up the mountain to save them. Or, Devimon could've flown down or used psychic powers to save them. At the least, Leomon and Ogremon could've held onto a side of the cliff with their weapons.

Haha, Matt pulling Jou into the hot springs.

Hm... there are seven kids but one of the beds was empty. Is there supposed to be eight guests?

Folks, you know the drill. Every inexplicable place you visit turns out to be inhabited by some hostile Digimon. Why did you not appoint a night watch? You should be having a night watch EVERY NIGHT!

WTH Digimon need to use the bathroom?

Why is Devimon expositing to the kids he's about to kill!

Really, if Devimon could use telekensis to levitate objects, he could have very easily killed the kids. He could've lifted some rocks and dropped them on the kids in their sleep.

Can the kids use their devices to exorcise possessed Digimon of the Black Gears as well?

Why is Taichi screaming Leomon's name? They hadn't even known each other for five minutes, and for most of the time Leomon was trying to kill them.
Dec 2, 2019 5:16 PM

May 2008
Lots of things to say, but first: there's something nostalgic about seeing the anime in DVD quality.

1) Leomon. He's... kinda pathetic for a character that becomes iconic. For such a "strong" digimon he can barely take care of Orgemon let alone defend himself from Devimon.
He seems almost pointless here and the episode may have been better without his convenience.

2) Jyou. Goodness was he annoying. How long is this "there has to be living humans around" going to last? Why is he so focused on this when everything has suggested that humans don't live there? Thank goodness he's still not on about adults. But, he's such a baby this episode and pretty much the reason they fell for the trap.

3) Devimon's voice. IS PERFECT. It's the type of evil that sounds calm and sociopathic; I love it. You get the sense he's in control and now is just taking his time without a care.

4)

5) Gomamon. 'nuff said.

6) Their issue with File Island. WHY did they think it wouldn't be an island? Because it's huge and not small? Yet Japan is considered an island. You'd think they'd be less shocked about this. =_=

7) I like how most of the kids were skeptical about the building and how the evolutions aren't something taken for granted.
The speculation was a nice touch even if they didn't really come to a good conclusion.

8) Agumon the one who needed to go. That subtle reference to the 1st movie; A+.

9) The beds were real? And why were they flying around? What did Devimon plan on doing? It seems too inconvenient/weird for his type. And how convenient was it that Taichi's bed landed near him for no reason, so his Digivice could roll towards Leomon?

10) Booty. Amusing how's Yamato that starts the pulling of Jyou's towel not Taichi. It's a nice touch at showing he's a kid too in the end, no matter how mature he acts.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 1, 2020 7:52 AM
Sep 30, 2020 2:58 AM

Dec 2012
A gear.
A lion?
Leomon. Adult.
Ogremon. Adult.
Devimon? Adult.
Edabareshi kodomo-tachi?
Dat death claw.
lol at Taichi's map.
Agumon burned the map.
They're surrounded.
Dat theme. Shinka!!!!!
Devimon is watching.
Dem rocks.
They left.
A house.
Dat angel painting.
lol at Taichi and Yamato trying to remove Jo's towel.
lol at Gabumon.
lol at Gomamon on the girls side.
Devimon.
LMAO at Agumon in the bathroom.
LMAO at Ogremon busting out.
Sora got no clothes on.
Because they are the Chosen Children.
The black gears belonged to Devimon.
The island split.
Taichi!
The device is lighting up. The evil is gone.
Leomon saved Taichi.
Dat yell.
Dat ending.

Sora looks cute without the hat on. I wanted to see Agumon's shit because in the movie, Koromon had human looking shit and then Numemon had pink looking shit. I assume its digimon don't have the same looking shit or movie/tv differences. Anyway, I love Devimon's voice.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 6, 2021 10:28 AM

May 2016
Well, it was a great episode, because of the First Appearance for Devimon, and I see that Devimon here has More prestige and power than Devimon in digimon adventure 2020

Aside from the important events in this episode, still don't know why the
HELL they show little kids naked butt like it's something normal and doesn't do the same thing for girls , why not show both naked butts boys and girls, or not showing both of them 😒
LoliSenpai0xSep 6, 2021 10:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2022 4:40 PM
Apr 2013
Devimon looks just great as a villain <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.