Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 7, 2010 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
3 kings and a god to oversee all.
Then you have 2 heroes. Oh, the clock of fate is ticking.

Kida's time to shine.
May 7, 2010 5:43 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah great episode... Dollars headed Mikado (who acted pretty calm to me).... Yellow Scarves now headed again by Kida (who acted out of rage)... and the Saika Slashers headed by Anri (who is very cold blooded). Izaya is just sitting there playing a simple game and now... its all in place. ---- Randy
May 7, 2010 5:47 PM
Jul 2009
Jagd84 said:
How him punching a guy out of his clothes, or throwing vending machines, or Playground slides any different? He's been overtop but this a series by same author wrote Clarie(Baccano) who was basically perfect.

Those other times were hilarious and insane, which is one of the reasons I love Shizuo so much, but his fight in the park was very uninspired. There was nothing striking or interesting that happened during the fight, and all of his moves were sillier than normal. Also, the animation was surprisingly lackluster compared to previous Shizuo outbursts.

Jagd84 said:
Each to own, but this nowhere predictable, sure there is a lot of foreshadow, but there isn't anyway you could known Mikado was the leader of the Dollars, or Mika not having Celty's head. You might have predicted Anri, but only because the show foreshadow it.

And Baccano!s pacing was much worse since everything move at break-necked speed and basically nobody got any character development or, characterization except Ennis.

At first I didn't realize that Mikado was the leader of the Dollars, but once I got over the surprise from the cliffhanger, it was quite easy to deduce that he was the leader of the Dollars. I didn't predict Mika not having Celty's head, and I didn't predict Anri being the original Slasher — Saika's master. However, those two plot twists were extremely underwhelming, and in the case of Anri's plot twist, it didn't make sense given the context of previous events. Furthermore, I was able to predict that Kida is the leader of the Yellow Scarves.

Baccano is a strange one. I didn't enjoy it as much as most people, and it took me half of the series to even warm up to it. You're right that Baccano's pacing is erratic, but it's not erratic in the same way that Durarara is. Baccano's storytelling and pacing is eccentric more than it is wandering, while Durarara's storytelling and pacing is *only* wandering. It may seem like a subtle distinction to you, but the problem with Durarara is that its story has no depth, and its story feels like a bunch of unconnected vignettes woven together, albeit the lackluster story is taking a less ethereal shape now with Izaya's war.

Also, Baccano's characters are much more developed and interesting than Durarara's characters. Isaac and Miria are the showstoppers, and they *are* Baccano as far as I'm concerned. Vino is also on top with Isaac and Miria. Vino is perfect; he's a force of nature that cannot be reckoned with; he is unstoppable. Durarara's Vino is Shizuo, but so far Shizuo is much more restrained in comparison, which is disappointing and annoying. Jacuzzi and Nice are fantastic characters as well, and I could continue this with the rest of the characters, such as the insane Ladd Russo and Graham Specter.

I'm just not finding Durarara exciting or enjoyable anymore. It's a shame that I'm not enjoying it as much as you guys.
May 7, 2010 6:08 PM

Jun 2009
everydaygamer said:
man pretty crazy. so izaya has taken 3 friends who all lead there own personal army and has caused them to unknowingly fight against each other.

this is going to be intense i can't wait, can some one cause a temporal shift tot eh end so i can watch all the episodes now
May 7, 2010 6:26 PM

Dec 2009
garfield15 said:
-Izaya is...one manipulative bastard. He's planned EVERYTHING! (So he's basically planned out for Masaomi vs. Kida to eventually discover...Anri...)
It seems like Anri knows that Izaya is behind it all... I wonder if that is part of the plan too? I'd like for somebody to catch Izaya off guard!
May 7, 2010 6:26 PM

Mar 2010
Razzuel said:

Those other times were hilarious and insane, which is one of the reasons I love Shizuo so much, but his fight in the park was very uninspired. There was nothing striking or interesting that happened during the fight, and all of his moves were sillier than normal. Also, the animation was surprisingly lackluster compared to previous Shizuo outbursts.

Again, I'm not seeing a difference, he fought exactly one with his strength and street-fighting would. I don't know what suppose to be inspiring here. Also he far more animated than ever before.

At first I didn't realize that Mikado was the leader of the Dollars, but once I got over the surprise from the cliffhanger, it was quite easy to deduce that he was the leader of the Dollars. I didn't predict Mika not having Celty's head, and I didn't predict Anri being the original Slasher — Saika's master. However, those two plot twists were extremely underwhelming, and in the case of Anri's plot twist, it didn't make sense given the context of previous events. Furthermore, I was able to predict that Kida is the leader of the Yellow Scarves.

That's your opinion if you found them underwhelming the point is that they weren't predictable, unless your going tell me you knew Mikado was gang leader from the first ep?

As far Masaomi is concerned he was also foreshadowed even more than Anri, it wasn't anymore predictable than what the show was telling you. Yellow Scraves would have never bothered to get him back if was someone important.

Baccano is a strange one. I didn't enjoy it as much as most people, and it took me half of the series to even warm up to it. You're right that Baccano's pacing is erratic, but it's not erratic in the same way that Durarara is. Baccano's storytelling and pacing is eccentric more than it is wandering, while Durarara's storytelling and pacing is *only* wandering. It may seem like a subtle distinction to you, but the problem with Durarara is that its story has no depth, and its story feels like a bunch of unconnected vignettes woven together, albeit the lackluster story is taking a less ethereal shape now with Izaya's war.

You haven't proven why Baccano! is less erratic and wondering than Durarara! especially when we knew Izaya was going to start a gang war ever since last arc. We just didn't know how he planned to go about until episode 14 and this one. If Baccano! only started making some sort sense around ep7.

Also, Baccano's characters are much more developed and interesting than Durarara's characters. Isaac and Miria are the showstoppers, and they *are* Baccano as far as I'm concerned. Vino is also on top with Isaac and Miria. Vino is perfect; he's a force of nature that cannot be reckoned with; he is unstoppable. Durarara's Vino is Shizuo, but so far Shizuo is much more restrained in comparison, which is disappointing and annoying. Jacuzzi and Nice are fantastic characters as well, and I could continue this with the rest of the characters, such as the insane Ladd Russo and Graham Specter

You haven't showed me any character development here. Ladd (why I love him) was introduced as psycho that's what he stayed as same as Vino/Claire. Miria and Isaac stay as two stupid thevies from the beginning of series to end. Don't get me wrong, they were entertaining characters, but they lack any background and did shit for the hell of it.

I'm just not finding Durarara exciting or enjoyable anymore. It's a shame that I'm not enjoying it as much as you guys.

Considering that you only liked Shizuo to begin, I'm not sure why stuck around so long. If your not enjoying it just drop it.
Iron_MawMay 7, 2010 6:29 PM
May 7, 2010 6:31 PM

Mar 2009
I kinda agree on the whole "Shizuo's fight was lame" thing. I was sorta thinking the same thing myself. The way he just blasted a whole crowd of people off of him... I was like "dude, really?" Ahh, but I still like Shizuo regardless. He's an interesting character. C:

I won't start reviewing this show till it's over, because I could say it sucks right now and drop it, but the next episode could be the best episode ever. So I'll wait to give my final opinion.
(And IMO, no, it doesn't suck right now. I just think everyone has super high expectations of this show because of its popularity)
May 7, 2010 6:44 PM

Jan 2010
Holy shit. Shizuo, I love you. You kick fucking ass, and that last punch was hilarious.
Anri, I have completly different thoughts about you know. You are so much cooler. I like how you can put on a hard core face, then go all sweet again.

Celty, you still rock. Izaya, how the hell do you know everything?! Seriously, you, like, pull every single string in the city.

Kida, I'm so happy I get to see your part in everything now. I want to see why Izaya called you a 'treat'. Can you kick ass, too? Can't wait to see :D

But, damn, this episode was one of the best of Durarara I've seen in awhile. I can't believe Kida gets himself mixed up with the yellow scarves again just because he wants to get whoever hurt Anri, when Anri already cured the person who hurt her. I mean, jeez, is a war of the 3 groups going to break out just because this?

Also, a question. Izaya was obviously narriating the story of Anri in the middle of the episode. So, how does he know everything?! I'm alittle lost, is he just good with information, or does he also have a supernatural power? If the answer to my question will be in a future episode, then nevermind, don't spoiler it :p
deadaccount0000May 7, 2010 6:49 PM
May 7, 2010 6:53 PM

Nov 2009
Great episode.
May 7, 2010 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
All I have to say is..

Dammit!

Dammit!!

DAMMIT!!!

May 7, 2010 7:04 PM

Nov 2007
I liked the Nogizaka Haruka and Kino no Tabi references. Also 'ippen shinde miru' again, lolol.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 7, 2010 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was epic
You know whats funny the 3 friends are like or leaders of a group XD.
Never expected that and now they'll go against each other.
LOLS!
Izaya you evil bum XD
May 7, 2010 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
This show is too awesome.
May 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
I love it when my predictions are right

I am in love with this anime, if only they were all this good.
May 7, 2010 7:42 PM

Jul 2009
Jagd84 said:
controlmajortom said:
By the way, what is with this show's obsession with keeping EVERYONE alive? Did Shizuo really need to explicitly state that no one died? How did the reporter survive after getting his head crammed into a wall?

Despite him being your favorite character you don't really know why he said that?

Only those with resistance like that are those possessed by Saika, but since when killing randomly make show good? It's not like anyone important died Baccano! other than worthless folder.

Your first question makes no sense. I should know why he said that because he's my favorite character? What?

I'm not saying there needs to be pointless killing, I'm wondering why Shizuo had to explicitly state that he didn't kill anyone. It was such a weird line because no one cares if a few of the Saika die. The only reason it was said seems to be to establish that no one dies. Why?

Same with the reporter guy. He's just fodder too, so unless they plan on bringing him back later (they might), why not leave him (rightfully, he got his head smashed) dead?
May 7, 2010 7:55 PM

Apr 2010
Probably because the Slashers are only normal people who got possessed, killing them is practically murder and Shizuo "hates violence" remember?

Also for the people who dislike his fight, I too, agree animation was a little iffy but silly? Not so sure about that. The whole series so far has taken a surrealistic approach, and I'm sure Shizuo's fight was supposed to follow that pattern. For example his surreal strength that just blows the minds of whoever sees him. ;)

May 7, 2010 8:06 PM

May 2007
Holy. Shit. That was awesome and I seriously did not see that one coming.

The Dollars vs The Slashers vs The Yellow Scarves.
AKA
Mikado vs Anri vs Kida.

Wow.

Also every scene involving Shizuo is epic. <3

May 7, 2010 8:06 PM

Mar 2010
controlmajortom said:

Your first question makes no sense. I should know why he said that because he's my favorite character? What?

Because Shizuo doesn't want kill people. His strength makes him depressed since people treat him like a freak and he fears one he will kill someone because he believes he can't control himself. While he did let loose for revenge in this ep he really only wants to control his anger.

I'm not saying there needs to be pointless killing, I'm wondering why Shizuo had to explicitly state that he didn't kill anyone. It was such a weird line because no one cares if a few of the Saika die. The only reason it was said seems to be to establish that no one dies. Why?

You do know that Saika Childs are normal people under possession give supernatural powers and can't control their actions right? A lot people are going to care especially since their just victims of Saika.

Same with the reporter guy. He's just fodder too, so unless they plan on bringing him back later (they might), why not leave him (rightfully, he got his head smashed) dead?

He isn't fodder and is actually fleshed out (though he isn't very interesting), furthermore as I said because he became Child of Saika he take that kind of punishment.
Iron_MawMay 7, 2010 8:49 PM
May 7, 2010 8:07 PM

Jun 2009
Wow Mikado !!! I didn't see that coming.
Dollars Vs Yellow Scarves vs ANRI?<<?
=.=
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
May 7, 2010 8:16 PM

Jul 2009
So does the stage finally set? or another surprised await?..very looking forward for the next episode
May 7, 2010 8:20 PM

Jul 2009
Jagd84 said:

Because Shizuo doesn't want kill people. His strength makes him depressed since people treat him like a freak and he fears one he will kill someone because he believes he can't control himself. While he did let loose for revenge in this ep he really only wants to control his anger.

Yes, he's afraid of going out of control, but I don't ever remember him being afraid of killing someone. ie. "I love you Shizuo", "I got it, I'll kill you"

You do really that Saika Childs are normal people under possession give supernatural powers and can't control their actions right? A lot people are going to care especially since their just victims of Saika.

I didn't, did you? In terms of the story, they're insignificant people to which the viewer has no attachment towards. Do you weep when bystanders get killed in shows? Even if you've never been introduced to them? Hell, few people even care about insignificant characters that we have been introduced to. A lot of people were hoping the three bully's were dead when they got chopped by Saika.

He isn't fodder and is actually fleshed out (though he isn't very interesting), furthermore as I said because he became Child of Saika he take that kind of punishment.

Geez, you have a pretty strict moral code even when it comes to fiction. Fair enough. I didn't care whether he died or not. I was just slightly annoyed they actually wasted a few scenes just to prove he was alive.
May 7, 2010 8:36 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome ep.
Shizuo seems to be enjoying his time by making cool moves to stop the Saikas.
Anri was cool, and her pass was kinda scary to me. (i had to watch it in the morning!)
Izaya being the mastermind of everything ? He must be high in IQ, able to plan this far into the future. (or maybe he's like Byakuran ? -stunned- )
Anri's sensei is just pathetic.

Three leaders of the three most epic and dangerous group gathering and being best friends without knowing each other's identity. How great would it be if they became allianced ? But i guess DRRR won't be as this awesome as it is now if it happens.

Can't wait for the Yellow Scarves arc.
5/5

sig by isignature .
May 7, 2010 9:03 PM

Mar 2010
controlmajortom said:

Yes, he's afraid of going out of control, but I don't ever remember him being afraid of killing someone. ie. "I love you Shizuo", "I got it, I'll kill you"

So, are you saying he should have killed the ganguro girl even when she was no longer attacking him? Hoo boy.

Besides he said that because "Saika" was hurting those he cared about, who he no choice, but to fight since it called him out. He his beef was never with anyone other than Saika, it was just that sword was manipulating people into attacking him.

I didn't, did you? In terms of the story, they're insignificant people to which the viewer has no attachment towards. Do you weep when bystanders get killed in shows? Even if you've never been introduced to them? Hell, few people even care about insignificant characters that we have been introduced to. A lot of people were hoping the three bully's were dead when they got chopped by Saika.

Your missing the point, it doesn't matter if they have signficant value to the viewer, what it matters what values they respesent to the characters. The whole point is Shizuo realizes he go all out and still keep himself under some degree of control.

Geez, you have a pretty strict moral code even when it comes to fiction. Fair enough. I didn't care whether he died or not. I was just slightly annoyed they actually wasted a few scenes just to prove he was alive.

Hardly, I just don't believe in unnecessary killing unless the person deserves it and none of the victims of Saika did, so if he can avoid it's great for him.

Besides he was only in two scenes which were like 5 secs.
Iron_MawMay 7, 2010 9:10 PM
May 7, 2010 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
Jagd84 said:

So, are you saying he should have killed the ganguro girl even when she was no longer attacking him? Hoo boy.

Besides he said that because "Saika" was hurting those he cared about, who he no choice, but to fight since it called him out. He his beef was never with anyone other than Saika, it was just that sword was manipulating people into attacking him.

That's not what I said at all...

Besides he was only in two scenes which were like 5 secs.

I'm just annoyed they go out of their way to keep everyone alive. They could easily just not mention it.
May 7, 2010 9:23 PM

Apr 2008
Great Episode.

Its funny how Kida, Ryuu, and Anri are after each other because of each other.
Ryuu(leader of Dollars) wants to find the slasher to get revenge for Anri. Kida(leader of YellowS) wants the get revenge on the Dollars/Slasher for Anri. And Anri(leader of slasher) want to protect Kida, and Ryuu.

Man can't wait for next episode.

Breath||
May 7, 2010 9:32 PM

Mar 2010
controlmajortom said:

That's not what I said at all...

Then what were you saying? It's not like he was holding back against them. It just that Saika Children have strong physical resistance, and Anri was getting cut up by Haruna for insistence and she barely felt anything for example.

And as I said before Shizuo issue was with "Saika" not people possessed by it.

I'm just annoyed they go out of their way to keep everyone alive. They could easily just not mention it.

If makes you happy there's a serial killer that appears in Vol.4.
May 7, 2010 9:33 PM
Apr 2010
I loved this episode, especially the end. Kida can be quite more than what he seems to be. I am looking forward to how since now we know his true identity how his character will turn out. Anyway, random thoughts on the episode.
-I saw the Kida as the leader and Izaya planning it all coming, but it was entertaining to watch anyway C:. I am looking forward to a point where he somehow faults and his reaction to that. It would be quite interesting
-Wow Yumasaki definitely looks creeper in the preview! I can't wait to see that.
-Best part of the episode for me was the parts with Anri. I really have grown more attached to her character.
-Shizuo should not wear glasses so often, he looks quite cool without them.

To the new arc!
May 7, 2010 9:42 PM

Jan 2010
Can't help but laugh when i saw Shizuo punched that teacher :D:D
He deserved it ^-^
And finally next week will be Kida's arc ^-^
And the preview??Kida punching Izaya?? O.O
May 7, 2010 9:55 PM

Jul 2009
Owh that's true,I can't wait to see what will happen on next ep that Masaomi not knowing Mikado is the leader of Dollars
May 7, 2010 10:07 PM

May 2009
This episode was so much fun and had just about everything you could want in it. Nice to see everything come together. Izaya is playing with some highly combustible pieces there. Part of me wants to see it blow up in his face, but another part wants to see just how far he can go with this.
May 7, 2010 10:24 PM

Feb 2009
Unbelievable! Shizuo is awesome!

Three gangs: Yellow Scarves, Dollars, Saika's Children
Three Friends: Masaomi, Mikaido, Enri
and Izaya pitting all three against each other, but I think the Yellow Scarves might be the underdog as there are a lot of strong people in the Dollars group, and Saikas do not go down easily while YS seems to be made of normal people.

Izaya gotta stop playing god, if you think of it he is responsible for the growth of both Dollars and Saikas. I hope Shizuo gets him!
MaxCrazy7May 7, 2010 10:29 PM
May 7, 2010 10:46 PM

Apr 2008
KazeFalcon said:
Can't help but laugh when i saw Shizuo punched that teacher :D:D
He deserved it ^-^
And finally next week will be Kida's arc ^-^
And the preview??Kida punching Izaya?? O.O
somehow i think izaya deserves it x-x well i wish i could read the novel to see what happens
May 7, 2010 11:13 PM

May 2008
man that was great , Kida's voice is now so awesome

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 7, 2010 11:30 PM

Sep 2007
O snapz. What an end to this arc. The battlefield has been set for the next arc now. The three friends unaware of each other's true faces. Dollars vs Saika vs Yellow Scarves. Man this is going to be great.
May 7, 2010 11:32 PM
Feb 2009
Omfg the Yellow Scarves are back and ready to kick some ass :))
May 7, 2010 11:34 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting observation from other forums:
http://i43.tinypic.com/kb7olj.jpg

Shogi = Yellow Scarves — traditional, organized gang; the home team
Chess = Dollars — a gang with diverse talents. Celty is the Queen (most powerful piece), Mikado is the King (most powerless, but important piece)
Reversi = Saika — single minded, easily switched, no distinctive talents besides Anri
Kagura89May 7, 2010 11:38 PM
May 7, 2010 11:50 PM

Feb 2009
^Nice observation there. Though what is the representation of the Go board. Ikebukuro?

ilikeyouevenmore said:
garfield15 said:
-Izaya is...one manipulative bastard. He's planned EVERYTHING! (So he's basically planned out for Masaomi vs. Kida to eventually discover...Anri...)
It seems like Anri knows that Izaya is behind it all... I wonder if that is part of the plan too? I'd like for somebody to catch Izaya off guard!

Does she really know who's behind all this? I for one want to see Izaya get caught to be the one behind all this. But it seems Izaya has no blind spots atm. Everything's going according to his plan, or at least his modified plan. He's freaking awesome!

Monsta said:

Its funny how Kida, Ryuu, and Anri are after each other because of each other.
Ryuu(leader of Dollars) wants to find the slasher to get revenge for Anri. Kida(leader of YellowS) wants the get revenge on the Dollars/Slasher for Anri. And Anri(leader of slasher) want to protect Kida, and Ryuu.

Basically sums up the development so far.

Wonder who's the stronger group? I feel it's a tie between the Slashers and Dollars. Slashers have knives and are somehow stronger when possesed but Dollars have Shizuo, Izaya, otaku group and Celty. But we don't know the extent of Yellow Scarves' group so let's see.

5/5
May 8, 2010 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, Shizuo's fight had to be the highlight of the episode for me. I mean, wow! He was soo cool! And Celty's admiration of his strength was really funny. This arc was fantastic but I'm really glad we finally get to know more about Kida in the coming arc!

And hell's yeah to Shizuo beating the crap out of Pedo-Sensei!!! <3

May 8, 2010 12:43 AM

Apr 2010
Nasujima trying to mug Shizuo = EPIC

May 8, 2010 1:07 AM
Feb 2010
Great episode. I liked it!
I loved how Shizuo takes them all on, he's so damn awesome.
May 8, 2010 1:14 AM

Jan 2009
Shizuo's friggin' roundhouse kick. Along with a god awesome fight scene, loved it : D

Anyway, even though I'm not really surprised to see how these turns of events seem to be going, I'm still amazed that it's just as interesting as always : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 8, 2010 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO WIN SHIZUO

Ok enough of spamming Shizuo love <3

Wow... this episode was wow.

Finally Slasher arc's done with. Glad Anri's got her good ending...kind of. The perverted teacher is finally off her trail. Hope Haruna and her father are doing well.

So the town's divided into three groups now:

Dollars - controlled by Mikado
Yellow scarves - controlled by Kida
Slasher people - controlled by Anri

Three best friends who're supposedly going to rebel against each other just for each other's sakes without knowing who the others are. Nice.

OMFGIZAYAYOUSONOFABITCH
He IS pulling all the strings. And he seems like he wants the slasher army. I wonder what for. He already has celty's head so let's not forget that. His motive needs explaining.

And finally! In the next episode they're gonna tell us what happened between Kida, Izaya and Saki. It's going to be soo kickass like all the others.

This series BETTER get a good ending.
May 8, 2010 3:42 AM

Sep 2009
I'm really excited....why did this episode have to end?...
May 8, 2010 3:52 AM

Aug 2007
Shizuo made my day. xD He's too awesome for everyone else, just epic to the core. Damn, I love that guy, he's so cool. xD

Really great episode. <3
May 8, 2010 6:01 AM

May 2009
good episode, but im disappointed with Anri because she didn't attack anyone
May 8, 2010 6:05 AM

Nov 2008
Dollars vs Yellow Scarves vs Saika children
Mikado vs Masaomi vs Anri

Izaya scheming.
Shizuo kicking ass.
Celty's hilarious way of talking.

Pure epicness.
May 8, 2010 6:26 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad this part is over but it is interesting that the town is divided into 3 parts, each by one main high school trio.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 8, 2010 6:39 AM
Jun 2008
I thought the 3 group is......Izaya and Mikado and yellow scarves
If Anri(saika) is in the group why not include Walker,Shizuo ,Celty or even the police in the group?......For me those guy are not trouble maker but they are more like peace maker.
Anri wishes that everyday will be the same.Same as walker.
( I bet there will be a special Arc for Walker also,or is it the Arc for Walker is already over.....Can't remember..(sigh),,,,)
May 8, 2010 7:01 AM

Jun 2009
Gimmie the next episode!!! I've been waiting for the Yellow Scarves Arc like forever!!
So finally Saika Arc finishes...Though I don't really enjoy that much. So whose fault is this? Mikado?Anri?Masaomi? For getting Masaomi back into the yellow scarves and gonna beat up the dollars and the slashers cause of Anri getting hurt? It's like beatin up bestfriends, Mikado, Anri and MasaomiD:
Of course the last part was awesome, Masaomi is so badass^^
Can't wait for Saki to show up;)

May 8, 2010 7:27 AM

Jun 2009
I really liked the episode but well....I must admit that it was pretty anticlimactic. Here we were thinking that we were about to see an awesome sword fight with Anri and all we get is a light stab. Shizuo's fight made up for it a bit but you can't help but feel a little cheated.

I love the show. I am still trying to figure out between Baccano and Durarara which I prefer but I find the shows so different that I can't even compare them. Baccano was an thrill ride that sped through the story like lightning but Durarara slows the story down to a pace. Both styles have good points and bad points.
With Baccano there was little character development and it was difficult to get into(Took me at least four or five episodes) when you don't know what you are in for.
Durarara on the other hand is has the most major problem of not releasing it's build up. The episodes keep building up your hopes only to lead to a rather unimpressive conclusion. So if the series ends without releasing this then a lot of people will be feeling unsatisfied.

We still have seven episodes left. An ending is something that can make or break an anime. Considering that the novels are ongoing I am trying my hardest not to get my hopes up. This is where Durarara becomes either a great anime or a good one.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.