Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 6, 2010 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was quite good, Masaomi want to destroy Dollars without knowing that his best friend Mikado know, looking forward for next episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 6, 2010 1:07 PM
Dec 2008
Good comeback for last week's fairly bad episode, this episode has everything going for it, good action, plot, character development, and of course the awesome cliffhanger that we got.

Shizuo kicking ass is my favorite thing about this show, and I got so much of it this week, I'm happy.

Now this is the Durarara! I expected.

5/5
May 6, 2010 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
Oh Shizuo i never knew you used spinzaku moves :D

This is fairly good episode & watching Shizuo kicking ass made my day.
Anri now have control legion of Saika children's.Izaya war's is coming up with Masaomi declare war with Dollars without knowing his best friend leading Dollars.

I'm glad to see that pedo teacher got owned by Shizuo...good riddance.
Namie & Izaya conversation is nice too....love to see Namie sitting on Izaya chair :3

Next episode will begin with my favorite arc....The Kokinzoku/Yellow Scarves arc.
May 6, 2010 2:46 PM

Oct 2008
Kagura89 said:
Next episode will begin with my favorite arc....The Kokinzoku/Yellow Scarves arc.

I have not read the DRRR! novels but from what I'm hearing from you and many others who have read the novels , the Yellow Scarves arc is something worth looking forward to.

I'm glad to see Shizuo being a trillion times awesomer than usual. I feell so sorry about Anri and her tragic childhood past. Hell yeah! Mr. Pervert got what he deserved from Shizuo.

OMG! Can't wait for the best moment in DRRR!...Walter opens his eyes!!
May 6, 2010 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
Seriously, Shizuo must be the embodiment of badassery. And Izaya being the mastermind behind the all out war, he must eat awesomeness for breakfast.

All in all, this episode is really over 9000.

Too bad there was no van torture chamber scene.
May 6, 2010 2:52 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 6, 2010 4:46 PM
Jul 2008
this episode is quite nice.
an action scene with shizuo and the red-eyes gang.
an info section on anri's past and between mother (anri/saika) and her child (haruna)
a hilarious scene when mikado talk to anri in the hospital... poor mikado, you (almost) lost your dream girlfriend to another woman :P
a more hilarious scene is when nasujima ran into shizu-chan to rob him (probably) but get a punch back instead XD
for that worthless nasujima, even anri who think everything irrelevant to her really hates you. i hope he got stabbed from haruna but well a punch from shizuo is fine.
May 6, 2010 5:06 PM

Feb 2010
Shizuo kicking asses was the highest point of my exciment!! I just only enjoying myself looking at the PC's screen.
And then he punch my most hated character,pedo-sensei.
Owwww,so darling,Shizu-chan!!

Poor Anri,but well,it developed to see her badass side too. Now I see that a lot of people growed in her. Saika is scary,all the voices whispering in your head....my,scary.

And now,we have the Yellow Scarves part...in the preview Izaya getting punched by Kida was...wow...he looks so cool in that black suit!
May 6, 2010 5:56 PM

Aug 2009
Great conclusion to Saika arc.
The best moments for me was Shizuo kicking ass and the conversation between Mikado and Anri in hospital which was just hilarious XD.

Looking forward to the Yellow scarves arc.
May 6, 2010 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
Mikado's expression when Anri said that the person she was talking about is Celty is soooo hilarious.

Shizu-chan's battle is so cool~ I was enjoying myself in front of the monitor, all in my mind was, "GO! BEAT THEM UP! YEAH!" xD

AT LAST, Kida's arc. CAN'T WAIT!
Sorry Izaaaayaaaa-kuuun~ I'll hate you next week.
May 6, 2010 7:53 PM

Jan 2009
1. Shizuo is awesome.
2. Celty is cute (for thinking the whole Shizuo is strong-scary-cool-(forgot the other one).
3. Anri's smile. :)
4. Masaomiii vs the Dollars? I wonder what's going to happen with that. And with Mikado too!

So the board pieces of Izaya's game are Mikado, Masaomi, and Anri? Izaya's like the ultimate stalker. He knows everything.

Another edit~
What I like about this whole Yellow Scarves-Dollars-Kirisaki (forgot the English name lol) thing is that Mikado and Masaomi are looking for Anri to help Anri~ now that's much more complicated than the Dollars and the Yellow Scarves fighting each other lol.
niiicaMay 6, 2010 9:48 PM
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
May 6, 2010 8:22 PM
Nov 2009
Wow this episode was full of awesomeness, even the preview kicks ass!
I want to live in that town! There's always something going on.
Kida vs Ryugamine is gonna be so awesome.
May 6, 2010 9:34 PM
Jul 2008
msdoodles said:
So the board pieces of Izaya's game are Mikado, Masaomi, and Anri? Izaya's like the ultimate stalker. He knows everything.

That's because he's behind everything =="
May 6, 2010 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
yodlormak said:
msdoodles said:

That's because he's behind everything =="

Yeah, lol. Still, I'd like to play this game of his...
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
May 6, 2010 10:00 PM

Apr 2008
curious to what happens next episode with kida xw x

5/5
May 7, 2010 4:36 AM
Oct 2008
O.O
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

waiting for the next eps too <3
Also, I can't watch raws so.. I watched it subbed but I was like... WTF is with these subs?? It's the same like watching raw... >_< (the subs from watchanimeon.com...)
May 7, 2010 6:52 AM

Apr 2010
lol Shizuo... if Celty is really a valkyrie it's possible that Shizuo is a MASSIVE obstacle in Izaya's scheme to be chosen lol.

I haven't read the novels though, watching raws is about as much translating I'm willing to do.

Thus I'm really lookin' forward to this next arc.

May 7, 2010 7:13 AM
Jun 2008
What a twisted love story....I don't really understand how it work also.I think I should read the Novel for better understanding.
What I understand is that Anri say something like wanting a normal life the repeat after she will not forgive to who destroy it.Similar phrase said by Walker Yumasaki.
Mikado VS Izaya
Who will disturb the peace?
Both character change the life in Ikeburo without themselves noticing it.Izaya always tries to plan thing according to his will,but almost every time it doesn't seems to goes as he likes....
Anyway Cool episode...I meant Cool arc ^^ Hope all this pieces of story can rejoin somewhere near the end ^^
Wow the yellow scarf group leader mind a little freaking cool LOL....Like it Like it Like it!!!
MorningGloryMay 7, 2010 7:18 AM
May 7, 2010 11:54 AM
Nov 2009
man pretty crazy. so izaya has taken 3 friends who all lead there own personal army and has caused them to unknowingly fight against each other.
May 7, 2010 12:03 PM

Apr 2009
simply awsome. - as always.
loved it 5/5

May 7, 2010 12:44 PM

Nov 2009
While the exposer of the yellow scarves' leader is nothing new, the fact that animosity has built up between the factions is awesome. I was excited as Izaya was at the end there.
Now if Celty would never attempt to go against Anri, who would win in a fight, Anri or Shizuo? =P
May 7, 2010 12:44 PM

Nov 2008
A lot of things were cleared for me in this episode. And now I know who is pulling the strings. Its going to get even more interesting.

And the fight, all because of Anri. I wonder how it is going to end. But I still want to know more about Kida's past. And Anri's is the saddest so far.
May 7, 2010 12:56 PM

Jan 2010
soon 3 friends will face each other in battle field

like Mikado leader of Dollars
Kida is the leader of the yellow band
and sonohara leader of the slashers xD

Izaya is one badass character

so does shizou , the strongest there is !~
May 7, 2010 1:09 PM

Dec 2007
Holy shit what an episode. First half was so fucking intense.

Shizuo was so fucking awesome.

Anri was so fucking awesome.

Haruna was so fucking awesome.

Effin' awesome shit I tell you.

Second part was the calm after the storm.

Izaya was so fucking awesome.

Shizuo was so fucking awesome (again, with the punch).

Kida was so fucking awesome.

The arc ends.

And there passed 20 min. Time flies when you enjoy yourself.

Next episode is a new arc. Can't fucking wait.
May 7, 2010 1:12 PM

May 2009
I haven't enjoyed this Saika arc as much as I did the first, but this episode was really good and got me interested again. Last arc coming up now; and there'll be war!
May 7, 2010 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
"What's that got to do with kicking your ass?" - sums it all up xD Shizuo is awesome.
Lol at the new door in their van.

Well, we pretty much all knew that Kida is the leader of the Yellow Scarves.
He sounded pretty damn aggressive at the end xD I would be scared if he wasn't so puppy-like up until now.
CenedessMay 7, 2010 2:21 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 7, 2010 1:25 PM

Oct 2009
ah you mean masaomi.

FUCK YEAH. LOVED IT.

i agree word to word with rarri
May 7, 2010 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
I had a feeling Mikado and Kida would end up facing off with their gangs, but I didn't expect Anri to get thrown in. INTRIGUE.

Also, Shizuo kicks ass, as per normal.
Ha-cha!
May 7, 2010 2:08 PM

Sep 2009
Holy crap, this was a really good episode. Izaya is such a Magnificent Bastard.

Anyway, the Yellow Scarves arc looks like it'll really be something to look forward to.
May 7, 2010 2:12 PM

Jan 2010
Woah, I wasn't expecting Kida to go back to being the leader of the Yellow Scarves!

Next week's episode looks great; Kida's finally getting more time to shine. Plus I saw some Saki. She's interesting and I want to know more about her~
May 7, 2010 2:14 PM

Feb 2010
Epic, Leader of Dollars and Leader of Yellow Scarfs are best friends and don't even know of each others status :D. The slasher thing was resolved quite well I find myself enjoying this anime.
May 7, 2010 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
I really hate when an episode of this ends because it's like the time just flies by...

-Shizuo seriously being a beast this episode. I've been waiting to see how he would fare when he really, really lets loose and this did not disappoint. The best moment had to be when he like sucked all those Saika's into a funnel of hurt and kicked them all into the air. Oh, and when he stopped his punch. That was epic.

-Izaya is...one manipulative bastard. He's planned EVERYTHING! (So he's basically planned out for Masaomi vs. Kida to eventually discover...Anri...)

-Lol at the new door on the car
May 7, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
madsin92 said:
ah you mean masaomi.

Lol, yeah I do xD No idea why I wrote "Mikado".
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 7, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
I forgot to mention, loved the shoutouts with the Jigoku Shoujo/Black Butler ringtones, Kino's Journey and Something Mask Can't Possibly be this Cute (Free publicity of your upcoming anime. Courtesy of DRRR!)
May 7, 2010 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
OMGWTF awesome ending..

shit

another perfect episode O_O
May 7, 2010 2:26 PM
Mar 2010
Lol 3"forces" and they all are being controlled by Anri mikado and kida, Twisted anime :D:D
May 7, 2010 2:44 PM

Feb 2009
Man, Izaya brewing up all of that, he's one hell of a mastermind.

I also loved the psycho yandere moment in this episode.
May 7, 2010 2:56 PM

Dec 2009
no Kida NOOOOO
May 7, 2010 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
kida-kun! what are you fkin saying?! the leader of dollars is yr best friend mikado and the leader of the slasher is your beloved anri!!! 8)

omg, this is just so amazing!
May 7, 2010 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
Omg, we all knew that Kida was somehow related to the Yellow Scarves, but he was the leader? :O

Mikado's Dollars
VS
Kida's Yellow Scarves
VS
Anri's Slasher Army

Can't b more interesting than this O.o

everydaygamer said:
man pretty crazy. so izaya has taken 3 friends who all lead there own personal army and has caused them to unknowingly fight against each other.
May 7, 2010 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
Ahhh, why is everyone in this show so badass?? XD <333
Pretty freaking awesome episode. Looks like next one's gonna be all Kida- I'm so excited to hear about his story!!
May 7, 2010 3:22 PM

Apr 2010
4/5 because of Shizuo's silly fight, otherwise, great episode!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 7, 2010 3:28 PM

Feb 2010
I feel so sad for kida and mikado for being in war towards eachother.. :C

But then I got to say I really look foreward to see how it all plays out, and not least - WHO THE FUCK WILL WIN THIS MADNESS ? D:

this episode: Shizuo, amazingly badass as always.. and he looks so good without those goofy glasses on :D

and for izaya.. Is it just me or is he starting to resemble light from death note and aizen from bleach, with all this "just as planned" "this is what I expected" thingy ?

anyways. he is still awsome.
May 7, 2010 3:38 PM

May 2008
Awesome Episode!
May 7, 2010 3:55 PM

Nov 2008
I'm still wondering how Niekawa came to be possessed. Anri doesn't seem to have met her before to have been the one to cut and possess her, and if Anri hasn't been making children, who else was out there to even possess her? Hm.

I also don't get how pedo teacher did anything for Anri that warranted her saving his ass. Why was getting her into the class so important? And I don't get how Izaya was behind everything this time. He got the teacher to steal the money, but why'd that lead to Anri coming out like she did? She just felt that in-debt to him?

*Sigh* I need to re-watch this arc lol. I bet everything I'm complaining about it painfully obvious. >_>

Can't wait till next arc, though. Kida is love. <3
YukiKumoMay 7, 2010 4:18 PM
May 7, 2010 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
I thought it was pretty anticlimactic. Shizuo's fight was lame. However, the other story developments were nice.

I laughed at all the references though. "Ippen Shinde Miru?"
May 7, 2010 4:03 PM

Feb 2009
The more this anime advances the lesser I enjoy it or take it seriously. The plot is too light and is only needled together with a thin thread that feels like is gonna fall apart at any moment (Well it actually does at times). I can't help but notice the cheap production with too many still frames and can't help but to compare it with Baccano! As the latter managed to hold together with better and more original character and story development.

May 7, 2010 4:17 PM
Jul 2009
controlmajortom said:
Shizuo's fight was lame.

I completely agree. Shizuo is my favorite character in the show, and he's the main reason that I'm still watching Durarara. I was expecting an amazing fight, since they've been teasing another Shizuo fight for ages now, and it was very disappointing. It was way too silly and it wasn't animated very well.

kokuro said:
The more this anime advances the lesser I enjoy it or take it seriously. The plot is too light and is only needled together with a thin thread that feels like is gonna fall apart at any moment (Well it actually does at times). I can't help but notice the cheap production with too many still frames and can't help but to compare it with Baccano! As the latter managed to hold together with better and more original character and story development.

I couldn't of said it better myself. This is exactly what I have been thinking! Thank you for putting it into words, since I was having trouble doing just that.

I really don't understand why everyone loves this show so much. These plot twists are underwhelming and predictable; the characters are uninteresting and boring (except for Shizuo); the story is sloppy; and the pacing is erratic.
May 7, 2010 4:32 PM

Mar 2010
Yuki said:
I'm still wondering how Niekawa came to be possessed... Anri doesn't seem to have met her before to have been the one to possess her, and if Anri hasn't been making children, who else was out there to even possess her? Maybe I'm just missing something...

Anri, not remembering attacking Haruna before wouldn't be usual, if you rewatched ep15 she tends blackout a lot likely due to Saika.

I also don't get how pedo teacher did anything for Anri that warranted her saving his ass. Why was getting her into the class so important? And I don't get how Izaya was behind everything this time. He got the teacher to steal the money, but why'd that lead to Anri coming out like she did?

Just because he's hitting on her doesn't mean he hasn't done anything for her, in fact that's why he's hitting on her to begin with to get on her good side and take advantage. Anri just returning the favor by saving him, not because she like him.

As Izaya he didn't know teacher's involvement at that point with Anri, so she showing up and saving him was coincidence like he said.

kukuro said:

That's not making whole a lot of sense to me, because Baccano! had 3 storyline going on and didn't make any sense till the last couple of episodes and that was mostly due fact that everyone was immortal.

With this and the last couple of episodes you already have multiple connections to the first arc and more important Celty and her head.

Iron_MawMay 7, 2010 4:53 PM
May 7, 2010 4:33 PM

Jul 2009
By the way, what is with this show's obsession with keeping EVERYONE alive? Did Shizuo really need to explicitly state that no one died? How did the reporter survive after getting his head crammed into a wall?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.