Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 20, 2010 12:57 AM

Feb 2010
Misel_chan said:
i hated!!!!!! i hated this anime huh... why rin chose asa-san!!!

asa-sempai older than rin!!!! huff... i hate this anime!!!

huh... >.<

bad ending!!!

yah....I'd rather choose Rin-chan and marry Sia-chan(polygamy) ^^..

Kaede is a good character but a tsundere.....Horrible eyes !!!!!
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 11, 2010 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
babykeiji said:
Haha! When I first watching the series, when I saw Asa Shigure; I kinda want Asa to be with Rin at that moment. I never thought though that it would happen. So, I'm really glad that Rin chose Asa. Haha!
I felt the same way.

At first i thought this was going to be your typical romcom harem, but it turned into a freaking emotional roller-coaster in the second half.

8/10, and i was thinking 5-6 before...
Apr 23, 2010 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
DeathfireD said:
DarthNicolas said:
It was really ok,and tho I would have preferred him to end up with some other girl*points at Kaede* it still went smoothly...

I totally agree. From the way it started and was progressing it seemed like Kaede would be the first choice for Rin. After all she took care of him, made lunch for him, and showed great affection because she loved him. I liked Asa at the start too. We all knew she liked Rin but she kept it strictly as a sister brother type connection because she knew Kaede really loved him. I had great respect for Asa because of that. Through out the whole series we barely see Kaede but when we do see her we notice she does things a g/f or wife would do for their b/f or husband. And because of her lack of screen time I was pretty sure they would have their own ark at the end where he finally notices all the work shes been doing for him and the way shes been acting and finally ask her out.

Then we have the date with Asa. This is when the show took a weird turn for me. All of a sudden everyone around Rin seemed to just pick Asa as his significant other because he was having more fun with her. That kind of irritated me but I still didn't lose hope in Kaede. She still didn't have her ark/air time yet so I was still waiting.

Then comes the whole Asa being sick arc where Rin basically treats Kaede like shit, ignores her, and totally disregards her feelings. It's no wonder she snapped after a few days. Her whole world has been based on being with Rin and now he basically said leave me alone I don't need you right now. Then we find out the only reason Rin's allowed Kaede to pamper him was because he's scared she would kill herself. He mentions the whole time he assumed the reason she pampered him was to atone for her past mistakes, which was not the case. She did all those things because she loved Rin and just wanted to be with him. Which he never got and by the time he heard her confession it was to late.

So in the end my opinion of Rin went from really positive to really negative. The whole series he was seen muttering to him self "was I really not paying attention to all their feelings?" every time something went wrong with one of the girls but he never once mentions this when Kaede is braking down and crying. It's as if he just didn't want to deal with her at all. I think there where so many better ways for him to express his self to her at the time. It's to bad he had to be an asshat.

The ending was nice and all but it just didn't feel right to me. After the whole ignoring of Kaede, I just didn't have that "Rin is a genuine nice guy" feeling anymore and I was left with bitter feelings and a false resolve. Kaede went from being a broken down suicidal girl to normal as if nothing happened. Which I think the producers did intentionally just to end the show and keep everyone on a positive note.

I probably would have given this show a 9/10 if I still had the same opinion about Rin all the way through the show even if he did end up with Asa in the end. But since he turned into an asshat I dropped my rank to an 8/10.

Yeah... that's pretty much how I felt too. My first choice would've been Kaede followed by Cici.
Apr 28, 2010 10:33 PM
Apr 2010
watch the epi 20..near the end

Rin : I've been thinking.

Kaede : What have you been thinking Rin?

Rin:Well , I think its time for me to leave this house.

Kaede:huh?!

*Primula drops her towel*

this is what went on her mind

'your gonna leave me behind with this psycho?'xDDD
Apr 30, 2010 1:48 AM

Jul 2009
I found myself dislike Rin's laugh..dunno why..
Asa win yeah! i like her in the game so of course she is my fav XD

6/10 though
May 3, 2010 7:45 PM

Jan 2010
I found this anime to be fantastic. I find it to be one of my favorites and I was sad when it ended. This anime holds a special place in my list ^^

*downloads the game*
May 5, 2010 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
Laevantein said:

Asa win yeah! i like her in the game so of course she is my fav XD

She is a pure bitch!!!!!!!!!!!
May 11, 2010 7:25 PM

Sep 2009
Haha, I gotta be honest. I enjoyed the fact that I didn't know who he was gonna pick by episode 2. Nice change.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2010 6:53 AM

Apr 2010
DeathfireD said:
DarthNicolas said:
It was really ok,and tho I would have preferred him to end up with some other girl*points at Kaede* it still went smoothly...

I totally agree. From the way it started and was progressing it seemed like Kaede would be the first choice for Rin. After all she took care of him, made lunch for him, and showed great affection because she loved him. I liked Asa at the start too. We all knew she liked Rin but she kept it strictly as a sister brother type connection because she knew Kaede really loved him. I had great respect for Asa because of that. Through out the whole series we barely see Kaede but when we do see her we notice she does things a g/f or wife would do for their b/f or husband. And because of her lack of screen time I was pretty sure they would have their own ark at the end where he finally notices all the work shes been doing for him and the way shes been acting and finally ask her out.

Then we have the date with Asa. This is when the show took a weird turn for me. All of a sudden everyone around Rin seemed to just pick Asa as his significant other because he was having more fun with her. That kind of irritated me but I still didn't lose hope in Kaede. She still didn't have her ark/air time yet so I was still waiting.

Then comes the whole Asa being sick arc where Rin basically treats Kaede like shit, ignores her, and totally disregards her feelings. It's no wonder she snapped after a few days. Her whole world has been based on being with Rin and now he basically said leave me alone I don't need you right now. Then we find out the only reason Rin's allowed Kaede to pamper him was because he's scared she would kill herself. He mentions the whole time he assumed the reason she pampered him was to atone for her past mistakes, which was not the case. She did all those things because she loved Rin and just wanted to be with him. Which he never got and by the time he heard her confession it was to late.

So in the end my opinion of Rin went from really positive to really negative. The whole series he was seen muttering to him self "was I really not paying attention to all their feelings?" every time something went wrong with one of the girls but he never once mentions this when Kaede is braking down and crying. It's as if he just didn't want to deal with her at all. I think there where so many better ways for him to express his self to her at the time. It's to bad he had to be an asshat.

The ending was nice and all but it just didn't feel right to me. After the whole ignoring of Kaede, I just didn't have that "Rin is a genuine nice guy" feeling anymore and I was left with bitter feelings and a false resolve. Kaede went from being a broken down suicidal girl to normal as if nothing happened. Which I think the producers did intentionally just to end the show and keep everyone on a positive note.

I probably would have given this show a 9/10 if I still had the same opinion about Rin all the way through the show even if he did end up with Asa in the end. But since he turned into an asshat I dropped my rank to an 8/10.
You could not have said it better man i really really felt it wrong in the last couple episodes in where they make Kaede character brake down in insanity really felt sad because i knew she was not going to edn with him after that... Asa was ok also but like you said everyone had problems and feelngs and it seemed the anime focuses more on Asa problems rather than the other girls. I would have loved Kaede as the winner it seemed like she deserved it but w/e good ending lol WTF with that last kiss Kaede and Sia that was funny and confusing.
Jun 27, 2010 5:17 PM
Jun 2010
I rate this show 5/10 :

First of all, the only way to enjoy this show is to only watch ep 1, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24. Everything between ep 2 and 18 is totally crap. the 3 supernatural girl's arc + that flat chest wierd color eyes girl arc are so boring and pointless.

Second, the creator of this show wanted something original and didn't want the main male character to end up with the "childhood friend" but he completely failed this part. I don't blame the male character's decision, actually everything shown in kaede's arc is logic and a clever way to explain why the hell this guy living with a girl who's doing everything for him and won't end up with her. BUT, they've put all the efforts in this arc and not in the other girl's arc.

It's possible to conclude that he might end up with kaede also, everything is possible inside's the main characters head. That's not the point. The point is :

Why the hell did he choose the other girl ? That's the mistake here, the creator of the show was trying to fool us from the beginning but never explained this part. Why would he choose the random girl who has almost nothing to do with him in his childhood, who keeps beating him up (lol).Instead of developing this part, they tried to literally screw with kaede's character and make her look like a psycho who deserves all the pain.

Third, the last 2 episodes are actually OK, didn't except the ending. The suicide attempt is good, but I still don't get why he cares so much about this girl. Yes, I may sound biased, but facts are facts.

Jul 24, 2010 7:51 PM

Apr 2010
good stuff
asa was a good choice...
im happy he didnt end up with Kaede...
good ending...
9/10
Way to go little dude
StonerWithABonerJul 24, 2010 7:57 PM
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Aug 4, 2010 2:05 AM

May 2008
They kinda skimped on the animation in the second half... come on guys, get it together.

But you know, I really don't care. It's somewhat shocking that this was adapted from an eroge, because the whole thing just works extremely well. The drama in the past few episodes was needed and pulled off beautifully, and actually fleshed out the characters very well (unlike almost every other harem ever). Also, unlike some harems, all the characters are likeable. I didn't really like Primula in the beginning, but now at the end here, I even like her too. An anime focused around pure emotions and the interactions of past and present love. 10/10

DeathfireD said:

You know, in many ways I'm on your side. I was literally cringing in my seat every time I saw Kaede get brushed off, one by one the invisible punches flew, and I actually looked away and sucked in sharply as another mental needle was pushed into Kaede. He really was rediculously unaware of this.

However, in my experience this is exactly the feeling you feel when you're in love with someone else. You feel on top of the world, and literally, for a small time, everything else in your life becomes unimportant, until you're brought down from that temporary "high". It was unrealistic in the way that Rin reacted to Kaede's obvious pleas for help, but at this point he was so busy thinking about other things that he didn't have the time to notice her.
As a big fan of Kaede, it was a rivoting few episodes for me, but it showed something that I think needs to be shown in harems: They just don't work out easily. Somewhere along the way, some troubles are going to arise, and when you have this many people deeply in love with one man, there's bound to be some mental breakdowns. To me, it was the story of how these girls' loves had the ability to break them down emotionally, but at the same time, their friendships with each other allowed them to rebuild themselves.
theeggman85Aug 4, 2010 2:16 AM
Sep 15, 2010 11:53 PM
Nov 2008
This ending sucks. :( Kaede all the way!
Sep 16, 2010 9:35 PM
Sep 2010
I think modern Harem genre should become more like Amagami SS. Not entirely the same concept but at least a spin off so each character gets a chance like in the eroge instead of the directors choosing the character for us. But then again, in the anime, the guy ISNT us now is he?
But it would be fun to see different ending arcs.
I didnt like the fact that he choose Asa because the only reason he choose her is because all the other girls were in a way mentally unstable.
But hey, this is the reality of Harems. (Not the all the other girls are mentally unstable part)
I was hopping it turned into like School Days but no luck there.
If you guys arent satisfied with the ending, go play the eroge. Thats the main reason they made the anime anyways.
Oct 3, 2010 8:55 PM

Jun 2010
I rated this a 7. I didn't feel attached to the characters once the drama began. It sorta dragged a bit and I was tired of it -.-
Oct 10, 2010 5:27 AM
Mar 2010
anyone know where i can download the english/subbed version of this game?
Oct 19, 2010 8:06 PM

Aug 2008
kiem said:
'your gonna leave me behind with this psycho?'xDDD

lol'ed XD
otaku1793 said:
anyone know where i can download the english/subbed version of this game?

dude, I think this is against the rule... =(

I rated this show 6/10, don't like the ending how suddenly a sub character(which I'm not interested) became a main character in the end....
Nov 1, 2010 4:17 PM

Jan 2009
A satisfying ending to an overall great series.

But what was that animation in the epilogue? The quality suddenly dropped way-way down!!!!!!! :O
Dec 5, 2010 1:03 AM
Dec 2010
Okay I had some major problems with this anime.

First and foremost, the entire premise that the show set up was utterly meaningless to the plot. It's set up that he meets these two girls, one being the daughter of God, the other the daughter of the Devil. The whole premise of the show is that he will marry one of these two. Neither is the "winner" and actually neither even seemingly come close.

This brings me to the next point. Asa, really? Why is he in love with this girl? In terms of actual development throughout the story, Asa is almost a nobody.

Out of the four girls, Kaede was the most obvious and probably the most chosen by fans for him to end up with. I'm fine with her not winning. But what the heck is up with this psychopath all of the sudden? She becomes an obsessive nutjob out of like nowhere. Yeah they explain it, but her whole personality took a 180.

Actually this brings me to my next point. Sia. Seriously, it seemed like he was getting really close to her. He goes on a date with her, they get intimate at the beach. Things just seemed to go right for them. All of the sudden, everybody is like "he loves Asa" and after they say that, Sia is just randomly neglected. For no reason at all, he just seemingly stops having feelings for her. This is one of the things that ticked me off the most.

The Primula storyline, what was the point? That's all I have to say to that, because I thought about quitting on the show at that point.

Nerine, this girl got like nothing. Her arc was shorter and had less of a romance to it than the others. It was like she was never ever in the running for winning because she never got to do anything.

The ending was terrible. So Kaede goes from being a loyal and normal person, to a complete psychopath, to a normal person so easily? This makes no sense. Everybody being happy in a harem ending is pretty normal for the genre, but Kaede as a character does a 180 then a 180 right back.

In conclusion, there was a lot I disliked about this show. I can't say I completely hated it because I did enjoy it at times. I didn't really hate Asa as the choice, but I felt like there really wasn't a reason she should've won. Rin was pretty typical for the genre, but I found myself hating him more than the typical lead. I give it a 5/10.
Jan 24, 2011 4:42 AM

Mar 2008
Very good post, Grimwolf. I agree with most of it, except that I can see the whole "I like Kaede, oh, nevermind, I like Asa" thing happening. And that makes Kaede go bananas. Her return to sanity tho is just like you said - very strange.

I didn't know that this was an "eroge" adaptation when I started watching this - but it shows. The story is crap, the characters are crap.

I guess that's the disadvantage of not reading reviews or synopses before watching a show. You're not gonna get spoiled but you might have to suffer through a piece of shit like this.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Feb 9, 2011 1:48 AM

Mar 2010
This series was pretty decent. It didn't get really exciting until episode 19. It would have probably been more interesting if the writers set it up to where they could have different endings, but them chosing Asa wasn't bad too. It just got too obvious that he was gonna pick Asa after like episode 17 or 18. Either they made it seem like the girls understood that he liked someone else or the writers tried to make (kaede) them look psycho.

My fav girls were
Asa+ Kaede tied > Primula > Sia > Nerine

The only thing that bothered me is, what if Asa couldn't use healing magic in the first place? Or was it implied that if you could use magic you could do it all healing/destructive etc etc? It would have sucked for Rin if the only magic Asa could do is blowing shit up.
Feb 12, 2011 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, I predicted a couple of episodes that being done exactly - him cutting himself and she using magic. I thought it was so obvious, that they wouldn't actually do it.

I am not too convinced by the anime, but I am glad it isn't a "School days" disaster. Had some okay parts, but too much of the anime doesn't make sense (character wise that is, not that I didn't understand the plot etc, I thought a lot of it was too unrealistic) - oh well.
Feb 17, 2011 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
This was a very unique harem anime. I was really surprise that they went beyond the absurd comedy and usual fan service. They provided an interesting plot to this mix by present the siatuation of every girl in the harem in a rather mature way. Characters (all of them not just the girls) where dumb as rocks but very lovable.
If I where to rate the girls:
Sia > Kaede > Asa > Nerine > Primula
Sia was the one that tried the hardest at the beginning and almost got married right away.

Sadly the first 14ep where pretty bad and even the rest was pretty eventful, the outcome of every situation was foreseeable.
7/10... maybe an 8/10
choyosMar 1, 2011 9:41 AM
huh?
Feb 26, 2011 3:53 PM

Jan 2009
I didn't actually expect to get an Asa (<3) ending <3
Well, if this was 3-4 episodes long, say ranging from ep21-24, then this'd get a 10/10 because Asa <3
And long-hair Asa is even more <3

Oh but I'm so biased by the vn, which is... a few times better.
So since I'm rating the anime, and not Asa (<3), this won't get more than a 7, and that's because I actually got my Asa-end ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ (Nerine/Sia-end would've given a 6, Primula-end would be 5. Kaede-end probably 3)
And because I feel like it, I'll mention that Asa > Nerine > Sia > Primula > Kaede.
*sighs*
Oh well, I think it's time to replay the vn for some moar Asa <3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 17, 2011 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
Yay! Asa! She was my favorite character on the game and she was still my favorite on the anime. I kinda disliked of they portrayed Kaede (my second favorite) during those last episodes, but overall was pretty enjoyable. (Thank goodness, no 'nice boat' ending). Also, Asa with long hair <3 (although i like more how she looks on the game).
9 of 10 for this anime (not 10 of 10 because the Kaede yandere). Now, if you excuse me, i'm gonna marathon this shit again!

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Mar 30, 2011 11:43 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah it was an ok ending. But it is sort of dumb that Sia and Nerine and Kaede were just like ok, no competition. I fully expected Rin to move back with Kaede abd Primula and plus, didn't primula go to the human world just to be with rin. After he saves her she does change but when Rin decideds to leave Primula had no objections even though the whole point of her in the human world was cus she wanted to see rin and be with him. The series did have a lot of open questions or just stuff that they should've shown. Like, they didn't show Sia's background at all besides the Second Personality while Asa, Kaede, Nerine, Primula, and hell Asa's mother got ebough background info. They also show a lot of what Sia does hat her house but not a lot that Nerine does. The biggest thing I would have liked to have seen and was the nught after Kaede finds the postcard of her mother. I mean, does she just wake rin up all happy the next day? Plus I woukd have liked to know like what year of middle school Kaede changed to cook for rin and stuff as it looks like the final year of middle school or something for them. And if kaede was still angry at rin during middle school what the hell did she do to him then as elementary school was pretty hardcore abuse. Plus while Primula tells the Udience and Kaede that she loves rin she doesnt really say that to him up front. I think in the end they should've had an open ending for who would be rin's girlfriend so they could'vr had a second season instead of a clip show season. I give this series a 10 out of 10 for giing me mixed reactions. Even though I love this seriee, i hate it at the same time for the secind half, making it So hardcore with the drama but making still within the bounderies of the characters, fleshing them out. I hate the second half bu love it at the same time as I can't stop watching it. Ive watched Kaede's arc like five times which is by far, my favorite ofnthe series arcs. Oh yeah one last complaint, the Kaedr and Asa arcs had little Sia and Nerine. It is sort of the usual thing for the main character of harem animes to be set up with a fiance or a girlfriend but in the end go out with a totally different character making all the work for trying to build a relationship and the family's hard work now rendered null. Its like it with this anime and like Akane Iro. I actually never guess Asa until I decided to read plot stuff from wiki. It just seems that Asa is a more tomboyish Sia and I feel it would have been more drmatic if Rin came back and went out with Kaede, making rmotions more higher and having a really really good ending.
Score
Ep: 9/10
Overral: 10/10
Rewatch Value: incredibly High
Apr 24, 2011 10:48 PM

Jul 2010
They should have just died together , would have been a great ending for me. jeeeez why use your magic omg.

Primula and Sia were my favorite tough but for Rin choosing Asa was so disappointing anyone was fine (Kaede , Nerine) all good , even Kaede had a rough time so.
Not that i hate Asa but for Rin picking Asa after all that is just unbelievably stupid of him!!!
My pick would have been Sia since there was so much between them before , like at the beach and it seems it it all disappeared from their memories like it never happened.
The last five episodes were also boring as hell tough.

To bad Kaede didn't stab Rin or something like in school days , i loved the ass die so the score didn't go bad either , should have been with this one to :/.

So , 7/10 would have been a 6/10 if there were unhappy people in the ending but it looked like everyone was fine.
May 5, 2011 6:53 AM

Mar 2011
QKunai said:
They should have just died together , would have been a great ending for me. jeeeez why use your magic omg.

Primula and Sia were my favorite tough but for Rin choosing Asa was so disappointing anyone was fine (Kaede , Nerine) all good , even Kaede had a rough time so.
Not that i hate Asa but for Rin picking Asa after all that is just unbelievably stupid of him!!!
My pick would have been Sia since there was so much between them before , like at the beach and it seems it it all disappeared from their memories like it never happened.
The last five episodes were also boring as hell tough.

To bad Kaede didn't stab Rin or something like in school days , i loved the ass die so the score didn't go bad either , should have been with this one to :/.

So , 7/10 would have been a 6/10 if there were unhappy people in the ending but it looked like everyone was fine.

Thanks for the School Days spoiler, which I haven't seen yet.
Jun 8, 2011 10:14 PM

Jun 2011
I was not satisfied with the ending at all. I wanted it to be Kaede all the way. Although I got to say, Asa came really close after episode 7.

I felt so sad after episode 20, when it was obvious he would go for Asa. Poor Kaede. I spent the last 4 episodes looking through the screen feeling bad for her.

I firstly intended to give the series a 8/10, then as it went on, i started thinking about a 9 or even a 10, if he went for Kaede with a spectacular happy end. Sadly, I ended up giving a 7. Maybe I wouldve given more if Kaede hadnt been tormented so much with rins choice. Kaede had a really deep affection for Rin and it felt like she got terribly fucked over. She was also the first character to appear, and had a really strong backstory, so its only natural for the viewer to stick with her.
Jul 26, 2011 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
wow one of the best harem ive watched so far imo ; also i wanted rin to be with asa senpai so im completely statisfied
CrydasiaJul 26, 2011 11:27 AM
Aug 17, 2011 4:21 AM
Jun 2010
This anime makes me drink =D
Oct 18, 2011 8:49 PM

Jul 2011
As soon as I saw what he did to his wrist my expression went to O_O and I instantly grabbed my wrist and started to cringe. Holy crap, you would have to have some real bawls to do that. Pretty good anime overall.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 24, 2011 9:19 AM

May 2011
im rly glad asa senpai turned out well in the end. and i applaud rin for what he did to make it happen, that is sheer dedication for the one he loves and i find that very admirable. my overall enjoyment for this anime was great and deserves no less than a 9. i would rate higher if there werent 100 pantie scenes in the series, i do enjoy ecchi to some extent but they did kinda go overboard with it, still loved it regardless
Jan 20, 2012 11:21 AM
Sep 2010
well.... the first post is on 2008... and im here in 2012 just finished watching it.. since it hard to find because has been licensed..

i totally like this series... 10/10
why?

is RARE to find anime like this... that truly affect your feelings.. (well, for me though)

well i also thought it will end up like school days

but it don't turns that way...
Feb 3, 2012 12:34 AM

Jan 2011
Rimu wears glasses, Asa has pretty long hair, and I'm crying for no apparent reason. Maybe it's because it's 3 AM or something but GOD. It's so sweet, I love it all so much. I really do...

Lots and lots of love,
Ava
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Feb 26, 2012 3:55 AM
Feb 2012
But in all honesty...why did Sia and Kaede have to kiss at the end credits of episode 24? that just throws me off...the whole show kept me entertained til about 15-20 then Asa ...did her thing i guess. i was totally surprised though when Asa's mom revealed her secret...DID NOT see that coming lmao.

But anyone know why the girls kissed at the end? Fan service? leading to Season 2? or is there an explanation in any of the other shows like Tick Tak! or really? really!
Mar 11, 2012 3:51 PM

Dec 2011
At first I though this anime was just an average harem/romance anime. Once I made it half way through the series Ii changed my mind as the plot turned. Though I understand why Rin picked Asa in the end and why everything ended they way it did.. I really felt bad for Kaede..

Overall I really enjoyed this anime and liked the way they ended it.

Mar 20, 2012 12:05 AM

Jan 2012
Glad that he ended up with the girl I wanted him to as well and the conclusion was just satisfying overall.

These last 5 episodes or so were really good and more or less redeemed the problems I had with the show earlier on. I was planning on giving it a score of 5-6 but after Kaede's and Asa's arcs I'll stretch it all the way to 7/10.
Mar 24, 2012 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
Saw this awhile ago in dubbed. Was decent tbh.

Team Asa ftw
Apr 8, 2012 2:37 PM
Mar 2012
I laughed when he cut himself... I think something's wrong with me.
I thought the show went downhill when he chose Asa. They built up all the characters' arcs just to make Rin into an asshole and made Asa into a main character. I probably didn't like last 8 episodes because I "played" the VN, which imo is better.
Jun 3, 2012 6:13 PM

Jan 2012
As I tend to do at the end of each romance anime, time for me to explain each of the love interests in my tactical thinking.

Nerine- Apologies, but she is the one character of the bunch I would honestly be awkward about trying to gather a love interest for. Her backstory makes her a bit of a faker, as she tried to have half of her fall in love, but then realized she herself did so.

Kaede- For all the people that wanted Rin to choose her, she was essentially family to him. We should know by now that the childhood friend relationship is old, and if they live together it never works out because of the fact that the guy will always think of it as family.

Sia- The girl with duplicate personalities. If it wasn't for the drama hitting, starting with Primula, Sia would have had Rin's heart in her hands. This is to explain to all the Sia lovers, she lost the shot once the drama hit as she began to quit. Her second half still creeps me out though.

Asa- My fave throughout the show. A backstory that made me check the copyright date between this and Clannad to see which was copying which. Her stubborn side became the only flaw to the perfect girl she was, and led me to a new favorite throughout the series.

Primula- Took 24 episodes, and then she suddenly had the best moment in this show's entirety. Due to her only flaw being depleted, she grew into the hearts of us from that first smile. With that maid outfit/neko moment, and then her lunch scene in the final ep, I would absolutely love to have her as a little sister!
Jun 7, 2012 5:39 PM

Apr 2010
Best romantic harem I've ever seen, really depressed it's over. I knew early on that this would be a very special show to me. Granted Asa isn't my no.1 choice (Sia/Nerine FTW) but the care given to the drama and backstories of all the characters really set this show apart for me. Plus this show actually has an ending unlike most harems.

I did notice the animation and color quality took a dip in the finale (maybe they nearly ran out of budget for the ending). I'm also not 100% comfortable with Monica Rial as Asa. But these minor issues didn't affect my high enjoyment of this amazing series. We need more shows like this not the Love Hina crap I see in other popular animes
Jun 9, 2012 3:11 PM

Jun 2012
Shuffle is officially my all time favorite Harem anime as far as storyline goes.

Its fullfilling and worthwhile to go through the series as a whole from start to finish and watch relationships grow closer and/or apart and then at the end get a the protaginist to actually choose of the girls.

That opposed to the usual Harem anime where its alot of back and forth between multiple characters (Rosario Vampire for example another fav of mine) but rather the main guy actually grows close to one girl in particular, not as a slight against the other girls but more as a tribute to how much he cares about the girl he chooses and the fact that the choice was ultimately the average girl next door that no one expected was just icing on the cake for me.

He didnt choose to become king of the Gods/Demons he chose the girl that made him the happiest.

Easily a 10 for me personally
Jul 28, 2012 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
ugh. I hate happy endings, they make me sad when a good anime ends :(

Still, great way to end it. I loved the finishing touch, and it's nice that he actually took action to save Asa.

8/10. Very good series. I'll definitely be watching it again sometime.
Lemme smang it girl.
Aug 14, 2012 8:53 PM

Mar 2012
Well that was a nice sacrifice scene and all... But Rin doesn't hold a candle to Okabe :3
Aug 15, 2012 4:54 AM

Jun 2012
Zyrocz said:
I laughed when he cut himself... I think something's wrong with me.
I thought the show went downhill when he chose Asa. They built up all the characters' arcs just to make Rin into an asshole and made Asa into a main character. I probably didn't like last 8 episodes because I "played" the VN, which imo is better.

Actually I think the VN is worse. And this is coming from someone who thinks Kaede is the only correct choice, and who gave the anime a 6. The VN is just bad.
Aug 19, 2012 12:32 PM

Dec 2009
This anime was so so. I didn't like the main characters' voice, it doesn't fit him.

5/10
Aug 20, 2012 1:06 AM

Mar 2009

Still a better love story than Rin x Asa.
Aug 31, 2012 5:15 PM

May 2012
Wow there are allot of but hurt people in here just because Rin didn't choose their "favorite" girl. I'm just glad that at least he actually chose someone, the last thing I wanted was for this to become almost like 95% of harem anime out there which just end without the main character choosing anyone. Plus to me Asa was still a top choice so I'm kinda happy that he chose her, though from what I can tell his harem still continues. Right? All the girls are still in love with him so...good ending for all the girls??? XD
Oct 3, 2012 8:29 AM
Dec 2010
Nice last episode, It was really brave from Rin to commit suicide to force Asa to use her magic.
Ending was all nice and warm i like these types of endings best ;)

overall
It was much better than i remember it. I'm even considering of adding one more point to my old score. Guess in time person's preferences do change after all.

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.