Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 5, 2017 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
exLightning said:
Rin was really frustrating in this episode , I hated how he paid no attention to any of the other girls even Kaede who lives in the same house got ignored ,I dont blame her for going Psycho crazy on Asa's ass, All the other girls knew they had to share Rin but now Rin seems to have forgotten all about them, I mean if he just ate what she made for him she would have been fine but he had to be a total ass to her, I don't care about the past even tho what Rin did was nice it doesn't mean anything if i see him treating Kaede like some house maid , She hasn't even had a single date with him and now Asa is basically taking her position... Still those eyes freaked the hell out of me , I still think Rin X Asa is best but only if Rin actually thinks about the other girls feelings once in a while ,Plus Asa is the only normal one left except her heart problems ,I always get the feeling she is going to die when she has that heart attack like moment then i have a heart attack because she is one of my favorite characters in Shuffle (If somehow Rin choses Prim then I would be surprised XD she is more of a pet then a girl to Rin at this point)

Can't wait for the next eps :D

Konekoneko said:
I actually always thought he was gonna choose kaede up until the last episode. I feel so bad for her ;( other than primula she's my favorite and wanted them to end up together. And now I see her crazy side and like her even more!!!!
Even tho she is cray cray I think Rin is being so mean. Makes me sad :(

also to add to what i said years ago

also after what she did to rin as a kid there was no chance of them hooking up after this flashbacks it was clear she had zero chance, & also she is mentally ill & needs help being with hes object of obsession can only make things worse, & it was all guilt & obsession not love

Raijin-sama619 said:
I love where this is going. Of course everything is to be blamed on Rin MC. He acts like Makoto from School Days and he doesnt even care Kaede at all which leads Kaede turning into Yandere, LOL.
What an idiot Rin taking Asa to Kaede house. That was an very stupid move you made there Makoto. *facepalm*
I guess too much love will kill you is all I can say.

This could compressed into 12 or 13 episodes though. 24 is a bit long.

3.5/5

Ankylar said:
Honestly, Rin is an insensitive prick. If he did not ignore Kaede like that she would not be so off the rails. He basically lives off her and ignores her. I have said this time and again, he never shows any care towards the girls in this show unless there is something in it for him or someone pushes him to do so. He is pretty selfish.

& u blaming him is as dumb as the others blaming him, how did he half to know that She is interested in him in that way? is he a mind reader? HELL NO!!!! also its not love its guilt & obsession what she feels for rin

when it comes Kadea he did nothing wrong, but before that with all the girls yes he has acted bit dumb himself, but hes human & humans make mistakes

i hope u all have grown up & understand now how foolish u were back then by that i mean all who hate Rin cause of the Kadea thing
Sugram22Jul 27, 2019 12:20 AM
Oct 5, 2017 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
No wonder this episode was quiet thought provoking (as in, you cant just switch off your brain and casually watch it while keeping up). This ep was directed by Ei Aoki and he also did the storyboards! xD

If anyone, it's probably him who made this episode feel so dramatic and suspenseful.

Oct 5, 2017 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
MysteriousSoul said:
No wonder this episode was quiet thought provoking (as in, you cant just switch off your brain and casually watch it while keeping up). This ep was directed by Ei Aoki and he also did the storyboards! xD

If anyone, it's probably him who made this episode feel so dramatic and suspenseful.

ur watching it first time?

i have seen it i think 10 or close to 10 times by new :D

after some time passes i re-watch animes, example at 1point i may get in to shuffle mood again
Sugram22Jul 27, 2019 12:23 AM
Oct 5, 2017 9:39 PM

Apr 2015
Sugram22 said:
MysteriousSoul said:

ur watching it first time?

i have seen it i think 10 or close to 10 times by new :D

You're kidding xD I never watch an anime more than once.

Oct 22, 2017 11:27 AM
Oct 2017
I realize that this is a rather old thread but I'm trying to find out the name of the music/soundtrack that plays during the flashback scenes in this episode and would appreciate the help.
Nov 10, 2017 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
okay feeling really bad for kaede…. It seems one cannot make everyone happy that backstory though and the end climax

Dec 29, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2008
What a glorious episode, all that drama builing up like in a pressure pot. I wish I had played the visual novel first.
Mar 27, 2018 7:59 PM

Aug 2014
Honestly, Rin is an insensitive prick. If he did not ignore Kaede like that she would not be so off the rails. He basically lives off her and ignores her. I have said this time and again, he never shows any care towards the girls in this show unless there is something in it for him or someone pushes him to do so. He is pretty selfish.
Sep 28, 2018 2:37 AM
Sep 2018
Kaede is the true yandere queen and not yuno gasai
Aug 7, 2019 10:10 AM
Jul 2009
Wow! I was not expecting that at all! I can't believe I've gone this long without someone spoiling this show for me and I'm so glad I did because holy shit Kaede!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
May 9, 2020 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
I think the MC is fucking stupid. It’s pissing me off. He is arrogant. He’s stupid to not realize he’s neglecting Kaede.
Jun 9, 2020 6:16 AM
Sep 2017
Rin isn't a bad person, but all the people here can't seem to get over their Kaede.

1. Rin asked Kaede multiple times to help out in the house. Kaede insisted to do it herself.

2. Rin is not obligated to like Kaede romantically. Especially not after what she did to him.

3. Kaede used to hate Rin, then after she feels sorry, she starts to love him? And she expects that love to be realized? How unrealistic are her ideals?
hello
Feb 12, 2022 11:22 PM

Jul 2016
Well, that explains the Seinen tag. Crazy to think at one point I wanted Rin to end up with Kaede, even more so than with Asa.

Also couldn't help but notice how Primula looked like a child of parents with marriage problems in this. Genuinely impressive episode.
May 11, 2022 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm, I kinda feel bad for the younger Rin getting bullied by Kaede. I admit, he did really well during those times. However, as for the current Rin, I think he deserves to be strangled by Kaede. He's been an ass to her lately. He doesn't deserve Kaede. He doesn't even help doing the house chores!

Yeah, Asa and Rin deserves each other. They're both annoying anyways.

This show is really trying hard to make me dislike Rin so much. He's in my top disliked protags for sure. lol

That's a realistic reaction from Kaede. She works hard for Rin and what does she get? Asa this, Asa that. tsk
Jun 19, 2022 12:11 AM

Jan 2020
First scene Everything:

I'm somewhat surprised Rin managed to even survive with how Kaede was acting. That being said, it was rather stupid of Rin to make himself the center of the blame. It's somewhat dumb that either of them might think it's their fault in the first place, but people, especially kids, would try and rational the situation anyway they could, so it's not like it's unbelievable that Kaede or Rin would blame themselves.

"If only we hadn't asked them to come home." Really though, there's no reason to believe that the parents wouldn't necessarily have still gotten into an accident whether they came home later or early. It's just a terrible accident.

What is happening? This is like an entirely different show. Kaede's regression and breakage into a yandere is problematic. I definitely just lost all respect for her in about a 10 minute period. Something about her bullying Rin as a kid, and then flipping and worshipping him rubs me the wrong way. I don't know that I can even believe she loves Rin when she acted the way she did in the past. I think she has an unhealthy obsession with him, and sees him more like an object that only belongs to her.

If Kaede killed best girl, I'll never forgive her.
commonxreactionJun 19, 2022 12:42 AM

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 5, 2022 11:34 PM

Dec 2018
this could have been a much better show if MC wasn't a complete bumbling idiot and tunnel vision asshole and if the girls actually got a long together instead of playing pretend at friendship and understanding each other.
as it stands i want rin to be completely alone at the end. idk what anyone sees in him. he'll do something nice but then turns around and gives everyone a cold shoulder when they start to want to be in his life. like dude can only manage one train of thought at a time and people around him are disposable. he's completely bland, one dimensional, and has absolutely zero redeeming qualities.
side characters have more depth.
Dec 6, 2022 6:41 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't the boy lost both his parents in the same accident. No wonder he never made a move on Kaede despite how she was depicted in more than 1st half of the series. Couldn't sympathize with Kaede at all.

Jun 12, 2023 7:25 AM
May 2021
I can't believe there are people wanting him to end up with Kaede, you guys were out of your gords in 2008. She's so unstable and her feelings clearly aren't love. It's twisted obsession. She literally violently abused him as a kid. There's no way he'd love her romantically. She's never been an option and now we know just how crazy she is. She could have killed Rin. And she still might  kill out of jealousy. 

Asa has always been the right choice. She clearly loves him the mot and he clearly loves her. She also cares for him the most in a healthy way. And she is super grounded and down to earth as well as emotionally mature. 
Aug 19, 2023 3:20 PM

Oct 2018
I like asa more. Hope Rin end with her
Sep 29, 2023 1:14 AM

Dec 2022
Kaede really shined in this episode. These additional layers to her character work wonders, and this episode provided her some of the most memorable expressions in the anime. Her relationship with Rin progressing over the flashback from hatred to affection once she discovered the "lie" makes a retrospective look at their previous interactions all the more poignant. While Kaede eventually started to fall in love with Rin during their time living in the same house, Rin seemingly began to take her for granted, forgetting she was a girl entirely. To Rin, Kaede is just an associate who shares the same living space, who can be ignored or abandoned if he suddenly wants to make plans with other people.

Forgetting about their shopping trip and prioritising eating at Asa's place, only to then bring her back to their house while expecting Kaede to cater to them was a callous thing to do. I can see why Kaede for wanted to kick Asa out after that.

Primula is very perceptive and noticed Kaede was acting off earlier in the episode, but she just doesn't have the presence or forcefulness to do anything about it. Funny thing is, I think Rin getting with Primula would incite the least drama of all the girls he could end up with, as she's the most composed and peaceful of the lot (with maybe Nerine being a close second).

Shaded Horizon

Nov 12, 2023 7:05 AM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Divine episode, Asa's developing illness and I seriously loved Kaede's yandere character development

Dec 9, 2023 2:37 PM
Mar 2016
My expectations were that kaede would kill asa in this episode tbh
Dec 9, 2023 3:03 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Factor
Lang said:
Kaede's good side is already annoying because she has the clingy girl character feel to it. Now her bad side is just freaky and psycho as bad as school days.

Asa wins it all with her funny, energetic personality and the hotness

Haha, I'm getting the School Days vibe also from her. The pot stirring was CREEPY.

I thought it was going to build up another episode or so and she would have done something more drastic.

@Factor 100% thought Kaede was going to kill Asa tbh. Kaede has lost it
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Primity

nailbitingly epic Kaede exposition. this is delicious!
@Primity
Rin and Kaede be like

"Okay Kaede, your not gonna hurt Asa, right?"

"Hurt her? No way Rin, i'm going to kill her..."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

196 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.