Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2010 8:39 PM

Nov 2008
Taihaku said:
aninewbie08 said:
Wow, I'm getting way too used to how epic this show is.....
Izumi FTW!!
Also, is anyone else seriously doubting that everything will finish up by ep 63? At this rate, we'll have to wait a year to see the ending as another movie!

If they actually made a movie i'd be so disappointed. Here's how I'm thinking it will end. We are in the middle of chapter 97 as of this episode. Based on what I've heard people are saying that the manga will end at chapter 108 in June.
56- Rest of 97 and 98.
57- 99 and part of 100
58- Rest of 100 and 101
59- 102 and part of 103
60- Rest of 103 and 104
61- 105 and part of 106
62- Rest of 106 and 107
63- Possibly the rest of 107 and 108

They've been going at a pace of 1.5 chapters per episode and looking at what I put up there one of the episodes could just be 1 chapter. Also I haven't read the manga past where the anime is so I don't know how condensed the coming chapters are.

Aside from that another epic episode and I can't wait for Greedling vs. Wrath rematch.

the last 3 or 4 chapters have been between 50-70 pages they are usually around 40 lol
May 2, 2010 8:50 PM

Oct 2008
^^^ thats my point exactly....u cant butcher 67 pages of epicness into less than an episode......i dont want it to happen...and i know im not the only one.....it would make huge sense if we get an hour special , or a feature film....but cramming up the last few chapters into less than a few episodes is beyond my belief.......

bones might achieve it , but the ending will feel rushed....the epicness will be gone....u should know wat im talkin bout suigetsu
May 2, 2010 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
DeathfireD said:
I'm gonna be real pissed if the only reason "Father" is doing all this is just so he can have offspring and be a "complete being".
now where have i heard of that one before?
May 2, 2010 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
Mercurio said:
Lol I liked how King was walking in the background of Al's scene.
Definitely made me lol how they are just ignored.

Sabinlerose said:
I only have one question.

Where the hell did the Fuhrer President lose his jacket. He was wearing his blue military uniform when he strolled by Al and the Kitty getting the car out of the Ditch.
You only see his pants in that scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 8:59 PM

Sep 2008
I totaly expected Izumi to cough blood when she told Olivier to rest a bit because she was heavily wounded. XD

May 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
How did Sloth die? Was he like too lazy and thought it was a hassle to continuously revive himself and fight them??
May 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
I checked episode 48. All the members of the Inner Circle are shown in the epilogue scene (Olivier has replaced Raven). I took some pictures.

Starting from the right-hand side, here are the officers:

Clemin
Bearded General
General who activated zombies
Colonel who got eaten
Father and Sloth (obviously)
Gardner
General who got smashed by Sloth
UNKNOWN GENERAL
Olivier

This is the unknown general sitting next to Olivier:

He obviously did not die in the train explosion, since that's what they are talking about. So there is still one more General left.
May 2, 2010 9:08 PM

Jan 2010
I was very happy to see that muscle bonding XD It was totally epic XD
May 2, 2010 9:17 PM

Apr 2010
neverless said:
How did Sloth die? Was he like too lazy and thought it was a hassle to continuously revive himself and fight them??

Sounds like the right answer... I didn't think Sloth died THAT many times... this isn't like Roy flipping out and roasting Envy 20 times in 10 seconds, lol...
May 2, 2010 9:28 PM
Aug 2009
The final chapters will be easier to animate than you guys think. They're mostly fight scenes, and as Father vs Hohenheim proved in this episode, BONES can do fight scenes a lot faster than Arakawa can.

Look at Chapter 103. That's a perfect example of a chapter that could be condensed into ten minutes. BONES could fit Chapters 103 and 104 into Episode 60, which leaves four chapters for the last three episodes. I think they can handle that.

As for Episode 63, they can just end it right after the good guys win or lose (like the first Anime), and make an extended epilogue movie or something for the rest of the contents of Chapter 108.
May 2, 2010 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
cnaw said:
^^^ thats my point exactly....u cant butcher 67 pages of epicness into less than an episode......i dont want it to happen...and i know im not the only one.....it would make huge sense if we get an hour special , or a feature film....but cramming up the last few chapters into less than a few episodes is beyond my belief.......

bones might achieve it , but the ending will feel rushed....the epicness will be gone....u should know wat im talkin bout suigetsu

lol yeah
May 2, 2010 9:40 PM

Apr 2007
Hahaha~ Right when everyone is cheering for victory, King Bradley appears to reclaim his 'castle' ;) I love that part. And the preview looks so exciting~~~ Can't wait for Bradley's badassery and Greed reappearing <3

AICW said:
neverless said:

Sounds like the right answer... I didn't think Sloth died THAT many times... this isn't like Roy flipping out and roasting Envy 20 times in 10 seconds, lol...
Sloth probably didn't have many souls in his Philosopher's stone to begin with, considering he was underground digging a tunnel for a majority of his life.

Or you could just factor in his laziness which results in him getting injured more often, when compared to the others, and losing spare souls quicker.
May 2, 2010 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
And so... the most badass villain makes his grand entrance.

"why should a king enter his castle from anywhere but the front gates?"

Brace for epic overload next episode
May 2, 2010 10:12 PM
Nov 2009
May 2, 2010 10:25 PM

Apr 2008
cnaw said:

Like people have said Bones can pull the ending off and make it work if the coming chapters are easier to animate like fight scenes and such. I doubt they would be any less epic than their manga counterpart and could be even better. If the anime stopped before the ending and said TOO BAD you just watched 63 episodes of FMA but we are just going to leave you in a cliffhanger and ull have to wait about a year before you can see the real ending would you be REALLY satisfied?

Let's look at the facts. If the anime ended at episode 63, then if I was being really generous the anime could slow down extremely to like 1 chapter per episode (or around 3/4 but that could be only for the later chapters with 60 pages per chapter). That would leave only ~4-5 chapters for a movie. Taking into the action scenes that can be animated into very quick scenes, a movie would do 2 things. 1 the anime would run alot slower than it is now and would end in a cliffhanger. And 2 the movie with only ~4-5 chapters to work with would have to be loaded with filler or the fight scenes lengthened for it to work as a full length movie.

With the schedule I posted earlier I really believe the anime could fit everything from the manga into it. True it may cram in some stuff IF the chapters are too long (If I go by my schedule of 1.5 chapters per episode then the anime would end at chapter 108.5 that .5 could take into account the extra pages per chapter in later chapters) but I would MUCH rather have an anime filled to the brim with epic storytelling than an anime that slows down near the end and a movie with extra scens added to fill up the time needed for a feature film.
TaihakuMay 2, 2010 11:18 PM
May 2, 2010 10:44 PM
Jul 2008
I wonder what the confrontation between the dwarf and Hohenhiem will bring... But the man with his rigged sword is back and probably going to rape the Brigg's army... Epic battle between Pride and Greed next week woo!
May 2, 2010 10:48 PM

Jun 2009
Another solid episode!..

While watching Armstrong's one second Ishbal Flashback, I started wondering... Why not make a FMAB Ishbal ova or have a hour special about it sometime in the future..

I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I mean, just to see it animated would be amazing... And to fully explain some of the background on some of these characters would set some things right with many of the watchers..

Example:
- Why Mustang is such a legend (though, the owning of lust and envy was pretty sweet in this series)
- An in-depth view of Kimblee's evilness
- Scar's badass brother, & more detailed reasoning to why scar became a spaz
- and a lot more!

I'm asking for too much I guess.. =(

Oh well! Let the badassness of this series continue =)
May 2, 2010 10:56 PM
Nov 2009
Aw, the Armstrong's are so brave!!!

Izumi is so cool D:

I love the faces of Alex and Mr. Curtis ^_^ They're both as bad as each other ^_^;

Poor Sloth :(

Hohenheims incredibley cool!

This episode was great, just a shame there's not a bit more time for Ed & Al.

May 2, 2010 11:21 PM

Apr 2010
It's safe to say that the good guys' winning streak is about to come to a screeching halt.

With Bradley's return, Mustang's rebellion is in extreme danger of completely collapsing now. This was why I was so concerned in episode 53. As I noted in that topic, the citizens of Amestris (or at least, of Central City) are extremely supportive of King Bradley. The only reason they began to side with Mustang was because of his lies that the military's Inner Circle was rebelling against Bradley and not the other way around. Once it comes to light that it was Mustang who engineered the train bombing, his little insurgency is going to find itself with no popular support.

Without popular support, an insurgency will die. Not to mention that the Southern and Western armies may still be loyal to Bradley. The more I think about it, Grumman is the smartest guy in all this. He's letting Mustang and Armstrong be the gung-ho revolutionaries while he hangs back and either steals the glory if things succeed or picks up the pieces should the revolution fail.

There's also the notion of what the Central soldiers who were just fighting with the Armstrongs and the Curtises are going to do now. Will they remain loyal to their leader the Fuhrer, or will their battle-forged bonds prove stronger?

And what about Mrs. Bradley? What will she do once she learns the true story, that her "savior" Roy Mustang was also the guy who tried to kill her husband?

The King's return is a complete game-changer.
May 2, 2010 11:53 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
There's so much going on I don't know how they're going to finish this!!! I can't wait!
p r o f i l e 👀
May 3, 2010 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
AICW said:
It's safe to say that the good guys' winning streak is about to come to a screeching halt.

The King's return is a complete game-changer.

That + your forum pic is WIN. Never guessed the Curtis could pull something like that to shock the Armstrongs. Nothing less expected from the ordinary housewife and her damma-san.

But I seriously cant wait, I think Miyano Mamoru will takeover Nakamura Yuuichi to give a blow or two. Greed might have the Ultimate Shield, but its Ling who is actually a badass fighter. I was awestruck when he had lan fan on his one shoulder and still managed to avoid being taken down by Wrath in their first meet.

This is their third fight now, considering Greed and Ling as Greedling ;)

Epicness waits in next episode. Last time I saw someone doing that was Kenshin when he sliced a cannon ball to halves with his sakabatou, Wrath is going to pull the same act on something even better, a TankShellZMOGFUCKINGCRAZY:D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2010 1:56 AM
Jul 2009
Jaymie said:
Next episode is going to be amazing! Too bad the opening spoils the fact that Scar fights Bradley, so it looks like either Greed loses, or it's a stalemate. Gotta love Anime opening spoilers!!! >_>

Just like how the previous OP spoiled Gree-Lin & co. versus Envy, right?
May 3, 2010 1:57 AM

May 2009
LOL. I've been waiting for Izumi's entrance.. but not for King Bradley.. I knew Grumman won't succeed in killing him.. =.= *ehem* looks like GreeLin will be his enemy..

oh well, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Note: The following screenshots are as big as your house. Nah, just kidding.

~END~
May 3, 2010 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
masahiru oshiru is workin on the next episode's animation along with chiyomi tsukamoto........this duo along with tomokatsu nagasaku are the best AD's of the series...

oshiru AD for (8,19,28,38,49)
tsukamoto AD for (5, 14, 25, 36, 46, 56)

its augurs well for the next episode and i just cant wait for it anymore......)))))))))

talkin bout anime openings......UNDO from FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST had so many things in it which were never animated......for example , alphonse ripping a huge snake to shreds......ahahhahha
lafuria_suxMay 3, 2010 2:22 AM
May 3, 2010 2:15 AM

Apr 2010
Jaymie said:
Next episode is going to be amazing! Too bad the opening spoils the fact that Scar fights Bradley, so it looks like either Greed loses, or it's a stalemate. Gotta love Anime opening spoilers!!! >_>

You can't trust anime openings... ever. I remember Fate/Stay Night, the 2nd OP had a totally badass Shirou vs. Archer fight.

It never happened T.T
May 3, 2010 2:24 AM

Jan 2008
This episode had epic proportions of crowning moments of awesome. And the very next episode WILL BEAT THAT, mark my words. A hint though: there was a grenade on Bradley's back...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
May 3, 2010 2:33 AM

Dec 2009
AICW said:

This is their third fight now, considering Greed and Ling as Greedling ;)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! that made my day :'>

i missed ling, cant wait to see him next week! >.<
May 3, 2010 2:33 AM

Jul 2009
Here he comes here he comes here he comes!!!
May 3, 2010 2:42 AM

Dec 2009
AICW said:
Jaymie said:

You can't trust anime openings... ever. I remember Fate/Stay Night, the 2nd OP had a totally badass Shirou vs. Archer fight.

It never happened T.T

*nod* Yeah, i agree.
The second opening of bleach does that to you as well D':
May 3, 2010 2:51 AM

Jul 2008
Julio-sama said:
So the King returns? Next episode should be full of awesome action! ^_^

And LOL at Olivier with mouth open when she saw Izumi kick ass. XD

I know best part of Episode^^

next Week Greed vs Bradley cant wait!

5/5
May 3, 2010 3:03 AM

Mar 2009
Time for some slashy slashy!!
May 3, 2010 4:19 AM

Jul 2009
Lol at the Armstrong and Curtis scene xD
Talk about a major kick ass team though, I for sure would not want to get in their way =P

Too bad Sloth died but at least he got eternal rest now (^.^)
May 3, 2010 5:00 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode as always! ^^

I really loved Ed and Mustang' argument :)) and the fight with Sloth. :P

Argh--- Bradley'll sure cause a lot of problem!
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
May 3, 2010 5:31 AM

Jun 2009
Ohhh~ next week, Greed vs Bradley. Can't wait^^

May 3, 2010 6:35 AM

Sep 2009
Epic episode, and the arrival of Bradley at the end was just WiN!

I must say that it will be sad when this series will come to an end.

FMAB is truly a masterpiece!
May 3, 2010 6:51 AM

Jul 2009
The epicness contiunes. The unity of muscles between Armstrong and Izumi's husband was hilarious XD...but King Bradly just had to show up and ruin things ;o
May 3, 2010 8:14 AM

Jan 2009
darn the bad ass homonculus by the name of king bradley returns to action cant wait for the next episode
May 3, 2010 9:11 AM

Feb 2010
Episode was awesome! I can't wait for next week.

I'm hoping the ending episode will be an hour long special or something, so it won't be rushed.
May 3, 2010 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
chidorisasame said:
LOL. I've been waiting for Izumi's entrance.. but not for King Bradley.. I knew Grumman won't succeed in killing him.. =.= *ehem*

have you not noticed that in the OP it shows bradley and scar fighting?

lol
GennyMon said:
AICW said:
Jaymie said:

It never happened T.T

*nod* Yeah, i agree.
The second opening of bleach does that to you as well D':

you are kind of right about greedling vs wrath......and you can trust this op lol
May 3, 2010 9:45 AM

Nov 2009
Incredible episode :o
May 3, 2010 9:45 AM

Nov 2008
i just realized with the return of wrath

manga spoiler
May 3, 2010 10:06 AM

Nov 2008
SnuggLes__ said:
While watching Armstrong's one second Ishbal Flashback, I started wondering... Why not make a FMAB Ishbal ova or have a hour special about it sometime in the future..

I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I mean, just to see it animated would be amazing... And to fully explain some of the background on some of these characters would set some things right with many of the watchers..

Example:
- Why Mustang is such a legend (though, the owning of lust and envy was pretty sweet in this series)
- and a lot more!

lol were you completely out of it for episode 30(the ishval flashback episode)?
May 3, 2010 10:22 AM

Oct 2009
the izumi/armstrong scene was soo EPIC it can't get much more epic or can it ????
May 3, 2010 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
suigetsu00 said:
SnuggLes__ said:

Example:
- and a lot more!

No lol, I wasn't out of it.

That episode was filled with just mere glimpses of the past..

WHAT I WANT IS AN ACTUAL FULL UNADULTERATED EPIC RETELLING OF THE EVENT. Not just glimpses here and there, or 2 second flashbacks every 5 episodes..
Sigh lol
May 3, 2010 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
SnuggLes__ said:
suigetsu00 said:
SnuggLes__ said:

Example:
- and a lot more!

WHAT I WANT IS AN ACTUAL FULL UNADULTERATED EPIC RETELLING OF THE EVENT. Not just glimpses here and there, or 2 second flashbacks every 5 episodes..
Sigh lol

lol thats what happens you put one entire volume into one episode
May 3, 2010 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
suigetsu00 said:
SnuggLes__ said:
suigetsu00 said:
SnuggLes__ said:

Example:
- and a lot more!

Sigh lol

lol thats what happens you put one entire volume into one episode

yea =(
May 3, 2010 11:02 AM

Oct 2008
I was never against ishbal episode when it first aired . . . But after watchin the episodes which followed , i was really disappointed wit it . . I mean , cramming up one volume into one episode is just too bad on the part of bones , and this is what i don't want from the episodes that are gonna follow 55 :) thats all i hope for . . Besides this , i have no complaint from the series . . . Its been doing the manga justice and it surely is my favourite anime over the past few seasons . .
What impressed me in the latest episode is the fact that there wasn't any (not even a single) inconsistency in the artwork . . . Which actually took me by surprise . . . I was expecting a lacklustre episode to be honest (mainly because of the top notch stuff we had in the past few episodes) . . . . .
May 3, 2010 12:49 PM

Oct 2008
I know what ya mean... if anything, I was expecting THIS episode to be the one taking the dive on production values... but not so I guess. I'm worried though, because next episode and the one possibly following SHOULD have the most insane animation of the entire series; a worrying prospect for a fan who has been the most excited for this event since the chapter in which it came out.
May 3, 2010 1:05 PM

Oct 2008
Cable- said:
I know what ya mean... if anything, I was expecting THIS episode to be the one taking the dive on production values... but not so I guess. I'm worried though, because next episode and the one possibly following SHOULD have the most insane animation of the entire series; a worrying prospect for a fan who has been the most excited for this event since the chapter in which it came out.

'm not worried about the next episode . . Not at all . . . The reason being ,
1. Awesome animation directors for the next episode
2. Preview looked mind blowing . .
What worries me is episode 57 . . .
May 3, 2010 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
It was funny the part of Alex and the husband of Izumi!! xD "Hundredfold bravery!... Thousandfold muscles!!!" xD

The next episode will be so epic and great!! Bradley came back... so death and massacre as the preview says so... FMA Brotherhood is quite great!

"Perseverance is the mother of all victories."
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.