Forums
New
Do you feel sorry for Kanade
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2010 2:55 AM

Jun 2010
Of course! early episodes they want to eliminate kanade
then in the last episodes they're all friends!
Jun 28, 2010 10:37 PM

Nov 2009
I feel sorry for her as well, she is human like the rest of them, yet she was always lonely and there was no one to support her until Yuzuru came. She tried her best helping everyone solve their regrets and pass on,and instead of thanking her, they started fighting her, making weapons to fight her etc.
All she wanted is to say "thank you" to the person who gave her the gift of life(her words), and she just wanted to help everyone, and look how she is treated.
Jun 29, 2010 8:36 AM

Jun 2009
yes yes i do feel bad for her cuz first she was being bully a hole organization against her specially when she was fire from her position as a student consul ahhhh just sad
Jun 30, 2010 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
No, no, no.
Why? At the end, she was happy. She was able to tell him "arigatou". Maybe she gained new life with Otonashi (last scene).
And... well, I'll be frank. I don't like her as uch as I like for example Yuri - and she is the one who had really hard life.

Sorry for my English ^^
Jun 30, 2010 5:57 AM
Jul 2009
I mean I felt sorry for her in the beginning and gradually began to like her more and more. By the end of series I felt happy for her to have someone as Yuzuru to love her. It's different than Hinata for Yui. I mean she had someone who gave her extended life and someone who actually loves her.

She had some bad times but she was happy by the end, all that I care about.
I don't feel sorry for her.
Apr 10, 2011 2:36 AM

Jun 2010
I do. T~T
May 9, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 2011
I'm #199 voter. love number 9! XD

Poor kanade chan. :CCC. From the begginning of this series, i think kanade isn't bad person. It's SSS who isnt understanding what's kanade's aim. Love kanade chan >_</
Mar 11, 2012 5:05 PM

Dec 2011
first anime where i shed a tear (several)

and damn i forgot what happened in episode 5 (gotta what the series again)

and damn yes i feel sorry for her
Apr 30, 2012 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
shes really a sad case having to fight the battlefront alone. Then again she alone was stronger than all of them but still you got to pity her for having to fight them juz coz she couldnt convince them to move on
May 21, 2012 8:12 PM
May 2012
i like yurippe more, Lol. but i feel sad for because of how she died lol, btw i thought yurippe would end up with otanashi or w/e the fuck his name is, but it turns out like differently and they just put a random plot in the end when she said, you don't have a heart because your heart is mine or sth i forgot what she exactly said but anyways y they just suddenly metion things. next i think if kanade x otanashi would be paedofile xD. Age difference is like brother to sister that's like 6 years younger
Feb 16, 2013 12:53 PM

Sep 2011
I'm on the between of yes and no but that's just because I never get fond of Kanade especially her character.

May 13, 2013 11:22 AM
May 2013
at the first episode i tought dude otonashi, why dont you make your own enemies and allies. and at episode 5 i was like damn dude otonashi why dont you go to her?
it was so sad :(
was almost going to cry cuz it was just really sad :(

May 26, 2014 8:50 PM
Apr 2014
Of course I feel sorry for her, everyone should. Anyone who shouldn't is heartless~
Jul 21, 2014 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
Yeah, very sad for Kanade...
J'ai toujours eu ce sentiment un peu étrange d'être comme extérieur à mon corps. Cette impression de flotter quelque part au dessus, ou d'être dans une salle de cinéma, assis au fond, en train de regarder un long film interminable et à attendre que quelque chose se passe. Cette impression de lutter pour devoir rester éveillé, cette envie d'attraper le personnage principal pour lui dire de se bouger, sans cependant pouvoir rien faire sans briser l'écran.
Aug 3, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2008
i feel sorry 2 <3
Dec 6, 2014 10:39 AM

Oct 2014
i feel sorry for all of them who died in such a disaster way on such a young age. but still i feel sooo bad for kanade :'( she just want to eat her spicy mapo tofu, damn it yuuzuru why dont you just give her back the mapo tofu when you realised that she just want her tofu X'C
Dec 9, 2014 5:44 AM

Oct 2014
To be honest I don't feel bad for angel. There is quite a few reasons I have for this. First of all. I felt that Otanashi's relation ship with Angel turning into a romantic one seemed kinda forced and rather dull in my opinion. I don't think it made any sense what so ever. Maybe, that's because of the length of the anime only being 13 episodes. But still. The whole thing was rushed and seemed kinda cliche. I mean, I like the fact that otanashi went to reach out to her, and make her part of there group and hang out. But that was as far as I wanted it to go.

Next, I never liked the character. She is your typical silent archetype with little to no emotion as far as you can tell. Now, I actually liked her when she was this mysterious, super badass chick stopping the SSS brigade from there plots. But to be honest, the more the dove into her back story, the more uninterested I was to Kanade's character. Then with the whole Kanade got Otanashi's heart thing opened up a massive plot whole that was big enough to suck in the whole story around it. Completely turning off the character to me. So yeah, I actually hated her more than anything for taking the spotlight from other characters I would have rather seen get a better ending.

Now, yes you may say I am heartless. But I just didn't find that part compelling at all. Though, I did cry at the graduation scene. That right there, that was the most powerful scene for me. So yeah, to end this little rant. No, I don't feel sorry for Kanade.
Mar 8, 2015 3:16 PM
Feb 2015
Even if the anime was a little bit rushed ( ;_; ) I still feel sad for her

When Otonashi imagines her lunching alone with no friends I was so sad for her

During ep 5 it was funny but I was still sad for her :/
Nov 21, 2015 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
I did in the early episodes. Why, I remember when she lost her meal ticket. My heart could not take it.
Not so much later on. Not because I disliked her, but because she didn't really require pity. I'm glad she found happiness. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps I should still feel sorry for her, however. She had a difficult time overall.
Feb 19, 2018 7:38 PM

Jun 2017
-----------------EP5------------------
Feb 19, 2018 7:40 PM

Jun 2017
Ep5
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Angel Beats Fan Site!

Edgy_Pog - Sep 1, 2010

10 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 16, 2021 9:25 AM

» Did this anime leave anyone else feeling incomplete?

Nesano - May 20, 2016

6 by Wijkanda »»
Jul 11, 2021 8:02 AM

» Yuri Nakamura topic

antiotonashi - Oct 22, 2020

3 by antiotonashi »»
Nov 2, 2020 12:06 PM

» Angel Beats! Signature

kaiinrg - Sep 25, 2010

1 by predador »»
Feb 20, 2018 2:28 AM

» Made a signature

IceDraconian - Oct 10, 2010

1 by predador »»
Feb 20, 2018 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.