MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

What constitutes making something an Anime or Cartoon?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Avatar: The Last Airbender WTF IS IT?? »» What constitutes making something an Anime or Cartoon?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
04-29-10, 9:06 PM

Okay this is really the main reason for making this club. I really want to hear your answers on this. What makes something an Anime or a Cartoon.

And seriously I will ridicule stupid answers, especially the "Just Because"

04-29-10, 10:05 PM

Oh I'm going to throw this in here also. On this site their are plenty of things that do not originate from Japan so don't try and tell me that Anime has to be from Japan, cause it seems to me we Americans think anything that's foreigner animated is Anime. Such as Manhwa(Korean), Manhua(Chinese), OEL Manga(Original English Language Manga)(America), so on so on, and including their animation counter parts from their respective countries.

05-02-11, 9:04 AM

so just because it's on this site it means it counts? I think not. anime is strictly a term referring to Japanese animation. just because some people think something is anime and put it on here does not make it anime right? on a side note I don't think manga on the other hand is Japan specific. it's a term for how the book is set up vs a demographic term. and closing off, anime style and anime itself are not the same, avatar uses anime style drawing but at least for me that doesn't make it one ... if u have a different definition I guess that's ok too though ... probably.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices