Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2010 9:47 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, it's almost turning into a zombie flick. XD

And Anri is, not unexpectedly, in possesion of the original Saika.
Apr 29, 2010 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
I liked most of this episode.
I only did not like the use of music in some situations, like playing that annoyingly screechy trumpet piece when Haruna was revealed to be possessed by Saika. I liked it better when they played something dark and gloomy...that piece was way to aggressive.

All in all I found it funny how most of this episode (except the music) was how I imagined the whole anime to be, yet it felt a bit out of place in the series because of the sudden swing towards serious issues.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 29, 2010 11:42 AM

Jul 2009

Screw all people that thinks this arc is not as epic as 1st,this just proves that DRRR!! getting awesome each episode.
Apr 29, 2010 12:25 PM

Aug 2009
NOOOO!!!! I don't want to see Anri and Haruna fight each other. :(
They should team up and get rid of that creepy teacher and after that heal each others wounds if you know what I mean ;). So yeah, AnrixHaruna FTW(Sorry Mikado. I like you and all but....)
Apr 29, 2010 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
Finally! Badass Anri is here!! As what I've been waiting. Can't wait for their fights.

- I loved Erika on this episode with her Shizuo x Izaya question and everyone's reaction, especially Shinra was consider it and Celty does not want to think about it xD

- Seriously, Haruna should have stabbed the teacher first before kill Anri. And I don't understand the teacher even dear to come in front of Anri's apartment which make me happy that he met Haruna instead.

- The little Shizuo vs Izaya... I wish for more of it than Celty or anyone coming and stop them. I want a full fight between them, damnit!

- And am I the only one who felt like the animation of Izaya (and Anri at some shot) is getting sloppy since episode 15 while the rest still look the same? I swore they look better on the first season.

- Also, I'm getting a little more annoy over the fact that they keep cutting battle scene.
Apr 29, 2010 2:42 PM

Oct 2009
I really freaked out when those "zombies" barged into Anri's room. Like Salad Fingers, true to my avatar.
Apr 29, 2010 3:13 PM

Jan 2010
So glad to finally see Anri's badassness revealed. My favourite episode thus far.
Apr 29, 2010 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
Awesome episode. As much as I like Mikado, I think I like this arc better. We'll just have to see with Masaomi next. But lol. Almost everyone in Ikebukuro got stabbed? And again, where is Mikado and Masaomi during all this?

Oh, that Shizuo-Izaya joke at the beginning was perfect lol.

My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Apr 29, 2010 3:53 PM
Jul 2008
nice anri!!! but don't kill haruna, okay?
i hope she will change her mind and kill that teacher instead. :P

well we gotta know that saika love human too though this is kind of ironic since saika itself is a weapon ^^!
Apr 29, 2010 4:37 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode!!! Wahooo!!
I liked so much when Anri shows up her Saika...so badasss
And the park now looks a like a kind of zoombie's movie,so Shizuo will get the crap oout off them....hell yeah.
But I Erika's BL fantasy made my day....give me five,Erika,we both think the same way!! :D
Apr 29, 2010 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverApr 29, 2010 5:37 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2010 10:19 PM
Jul 2008
tsubasalover said:
Now everyone's weird in this work!

In this anime, I've found that the one who has the most normal personality is the one who has the weirdest body. ^^"

so no one is normal then?
Apr 30, 2010 12:03 AM

Oct 2009
Excellent episode! I now officially love Haruna! Shows in my avatar soon enough. Haruna was fantastic! From her eyes, expressions and talk with Anri. Shizuo/Izaya showdown was good but wished it could have been another fight and it was almost until Celty interrupted.

The zombies appearing did look to me like Resident Evil a little but that changed when those three girls appeared.....
I though they were dead!

Anri killed her parents? Oh! What the heck! I am shocked that she killed them! D: =>
Another thing is (even though I had some intuition about it) Haruna stabbed her own father? Her own father.... Ok.......don't like the thoughts of it....is there any way with memory or something to resist Saika? I mean to go as far as your own father....=>
Most amazing part like someone said really nicely done and mixed right=>

Maybe later more GIFs but Durarara...........is getting more EPIC and epic with each episode!
yodlormak said:
i hope she will change her mind and kill that teacher instead. :P!
Yeah teacher must die! Die and die but you know that little blood when Haruna cut herself in his face does look like a nice bulls eye....yes?
Naratchi said:
I really freaked out when those "zombies" barged into Anri's room.
I did not freak out but instead I was in my head saying hundreds of times "Ah shit Anri!"
Mimiko said:
- Seriously, Haruna should have stabbed the teacher first before kill Anri. And I don't understand the teacher even dear to come in front of Anri's apartment which make me happy that he met Haruna instead.

Mimiko.....same thoughts here with the teacher.....that scum really makes me sick just when I think about him wanting to have some with Anri with the way he approached her.
Mimiko said:
- The little Shizuo vs Izaya... I wish for more of it than Celty or anyone coming and stop them. I want a full fight between them, damnit!

Same thoughts Mimiko on that one......
Mimiko said:
- And am I the only one who felt like the animation of Izaya (and Anri at some shot) is getting sloppy since episode 15 while the rest still look the same? I swore they look better on the first season.

Mimiko.....it would be nice if you could make a small comparing with pics.....I would like to see that difference a little if you have time on that one.
Mimiko said:
- Also, I'm getting a little more annoy over the fact that they keep cutting battle scene.
Yeah same here......at least since last episode's wish......Shizuo said a little......Izayaaaaaaaaa, which made my day a little
francismeunierApr 30, 2010 12:11 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 30, 2010 12:32 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

Anri killed her parents? Oh! What the heck! I am shocked that she killed them! D: =>

About that issue,i think next episode should explain all of that but i don't think Anri could do that.It might be the influence of Saika that drives them crazy & killed each other.

francismeunier said:

Mimiko.....same thoughts here with the teacher.....that scum really makes me sick just when I think about him wanting to have some with Anri with the way he approached her.

I love his expression when he sees Haruna face & scare shitless thus running away like coward.He might be expecting Anri but instead a creepy yandere student shows up.Take that pedo sensei!
Apr 30, 2010 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:

I love his expression when he sees Haruna face & scare shitless thus running away like coward.He might be expecting Anri but instead a creepy yandere student shows up.Take that pedo sensei!
Agree with you there Kagura89 but also I will add the blood of Haruna on his face is the best of all. Now he is marked with Haruna.......that will teach him to be more faithful.......I was thinking along the lines off........one nice young girl student loves you so just take her damn it! :D

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 30, 2010 1:39 AM

Aug 2009
SO EPIC!

Anri's so badass! Haruna's stare (or glare?) was so YANDERE. Oh, how I love her stare.
Awesome revelation about Saika and Anri. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Apr 30, 2010 4:59 AM
Jun 2008
The real Saika is Sonohara,amybe I should rephrase that,the Origin of Saika are created from Sonohara???....So the rest are just the after-effect of Sonohara when she is young??.but now she got Mikado and other friends,insn't it about time she give up her Saika......
Sometimes the power of "will" or "mind" is kinda powerful and destructive ^^.
Apr 30, 2010 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
It was it weird episode. But it was a great one, some things were revealed. It seems like it was Anri the one that attacked Celty once and called her an alien or something. I wonder if indeed, she cannot love. And how she got the sword.

Also I feel like there is no "climax" to any of this. Just more twists and turns.
Apr 30, 2010 12:44 PM
Feb 2009
Ganguro girls are still alive! :D
Apr 30, 2010 1:02 PM
Jun 2008
zefster said:
I feel like no one dying in this violence Anime .kinda amazing maybe.....
Apr 30, 2010 1:24 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Another thing is (even though I had some intuition about it) Haruna stabbed her own father? Her own father.... Ok.......don't like the thoughts of it....is there any way with memory or something to resist Saika? I mean to go as far as your own father....

Well there is still some stuff about Saika and what it wants to be revealed...so it's basically not just as easy as 'she stabbed her father'.
There are generally two ways to see her action, I think.
It is either Saika's craving to love by cutting...so you could say (as an offspring of Saika) Haruna was controlled by that impulse.
Or it is Haruna who actually hates her father, because he 'made' the family collapse around him...which was not adressed that much in the anime I think.

MorningGlory said:
zefster said:
I feel like no one dying in this violence Anime .kinda amazing maybe.....

That's actually also the only thing that really bothered me about the story when I read the novel.
It's really nothing big, but it's certainly interesting how he often tries to write around actually killing a character off and sometimes it can get a little bit odd.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 30, 2010 1:35 PM

Jan 2010
LOL at poking fun at Shizuo x Izaya fangirls.

But seriously, this episode was crazy awesome. Haruna's eyes creeped me out, along with that song they keep playing. Finally Anri is going to get some time to shine! I like her in the novel, and now it's getting to the part where she's in the anime more often too. :) Can't wait for next week's episode~
Apr 30, 2010 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
BADASS ANRI IS BADASS.<3

This episode was just all-round wonderful.<33
Apr 30, 2010 1:54 PM

Dec 2007
This anime is simply PERFECT.

Mai Nakahara rocked as Haruna Niekawa, as expected from the queen of Yandere.

If there will be a Mirai Nikki anime I'll kill myself if the cast for Yuno Gasai won't be Mai Nakahara.
DeadIEndApr 30, 2010 2:21 PM
Apr 30, 2010 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
I don't get it. Why is Anri possessed/not possessed?
Apr 30, 2010 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
Fantastic episode. Shizuo and Anri were so awesome in it.
Apr 30, 2010 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode.

Interesting to see the original was with/within Anri, can't wait to see where they go with that. Shizuo was great as usual.....the reasons why he's my favorite grow more and more with each episode.

"Why are you here"
"I came here to punch you"
"Why do you want to punch me"
"Because I'm pissed off"

hahahaha, l love it
Apr 30, 2010 2:31 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode! Can't wait for to see Shizuo and Anri kick some ass. I'm definitely liking this arc more than the 1st one so I really hope they finish this one well.
Apr 30, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
ANRI IS FUUUUCKIIIINGGGG AMAAZING!

Badass awesomesauce moe silent meganeko ftw.

+ Shizu-chan yayz♥ and Erika's BL Fantasies. Total otaku xD

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Apr 30, 2010 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
controlmajortom said:

We're probably going to find out next episode.

-That was so damn boss. In retrospect, the clues really were around the entire time and I'm apparently too blind to notice this crap when it's in my freaking face. I guess it didn't help that some were saying Anri was the Slasher and some were saying she wasn't here. I got a little nervous at first because when she blocked the sword with her arm, I thought she'd turn out to be a robot or something stupid like that (or a Kaizo-ningen :P) but somehow, hiding the blade in your sleeve just makes sense

-Erika just voiced the opinions of all those ShizuoXIzaya fangirls. So that's where it comes from. It's an in-universe joke. Heck, if even Shinra is admitting the possibility....Speaking of the titular psycho, love how he's like "Welp, off to kill Izaya, clean up for me kay?"

-That damn creepy Slasher music...("OHHEEOHHEEOHHEEOHHEE")
Apr 30, 2010 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
...holy !@#$

...What a plot twist, but I still wished Anri would have appeared after the sugar daddy/pedo-teacher was cut down.
Apr 30, 2010 3:27 PM

Aug 2008
I THOUGHT SHE WOULD BECOME A HEROINE 10 min before the end but it turned out she the most EVIL ONE!
Apr 30, 2010 3:46 PM

Nov 2007
whoa, man. so where has anri been keeping that saika all along?! her sleeve? :o

shizzy, aaaah. fucker got so excited when izaya took his blade out, I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH LMAO. oh, did anybody else associate those red-eyed zombies with hippies? "WE WANT RABU!!! SPREAD THE RABU"
Apr 30, 2010 4:06 PM

Jan 2010
O__O
Man, Anri sure has a trick up her sleeve (literally). I didn't really care for her up until now, but now I really like her xD

lol, I died laughing when Erika went into a ShizuoxIzaya-fangirl mode.
Apr 30, 2010 4:09 PM

May 2009
Anri i love her sfm
Apr 30, 2010 4:29 PM

Dec 2009
garfield15 said:
controlmajortom said:

We're probably going to find out next episode.

I want to find out why it disappeard 5 years ago and why it came back... 5 years is the same amount of time that Anri's parents were killed....
Apr 30, 2010 5:01 PM
Dec 2009
i think it's because Anri is actually in control of the real Saika. Shinra did say that someone strong was in possession of it and suppressing it. she might have "sealed" it's desires within Herself. i don't know how Niekawa came into possession of a lesser Saika or how it was even created, but Anri and Niekawa seem strong enough to actually control the blades
Apr 30, 2010 5:03 PM
Oct 2009
"Takashi" chant after 15.00 was epic :D
Apr 30, 2010 5:16 PM

Nov 2009
Again, awesome episode is awesome!!!

Sonohara-sama!!!

I'm not that surprised by what happened this episode though I did think it was executed nicely. As usual I can't wait to get moar!!1
Apr 30, 2010 5:18 PM

Nov 2008
ZOMBIES!
Kill the Cat, and the donkeys will follow!

Anyways, great episode. Oosran *cough*Shitmaker *cough* You probably took back what you said about Anri a few episodes back, didn't you? :]
She's no Celty, but she's got my respect.

And IZAAYAAA-Kun, Got Nothin' on Shizuo's laugh!

Apr 30, 2010 5:24 PM

Aug 2008
This anime is simply just too amazing! God Shizuo is so awesome, Im putting hi higher on my favorites! Didn't expect that from Anri, but since shes the baddie she needs to go down! Now where the heck are Kida and Mikado they need to do something.

Apr 30, 2010 5:31 PM
Jun 2008
Anri got more dark secret compare to her breast size....
Apr 30, 2010 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
Really creepy episode, I loved it.We finally get to see another side of Anri, but seriously how does she keep a sword inside her hand? I know Saika isn't a normal sword, but still

And Erika... :D
Apr 30, 2010 6:10 PM
Jun 2008
Soupi said:
Really creepy episode, I loved it.We finally get to see another side of Anri, but seriously how does she keep a sword inside her hand? I know Saika isn't a normal sword, but still

And Erika... :D
I thought when she got stabbed,I thought at least some blood will stain her cloth,I don't think the director forgot to do this.Anri Must be some puppet that look like human or something.
MorningGloryApr 30, 2010 6:15 PM
Apr 30, 2010 6:29 PM

Mar 2009
Anri going badass... awesome. :D Now Izaya and Shiuzo is a battle I'm ready for. I hope it happens later down in the episodes. Them team up and kill the teacher is potential to happen. I wonder if Izaya is sleeping with Namie... --- Randy
Apr 30, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2009
This turned from awesome fighting to just plain zombie anime, I don't get it at all.

However, I loved the Izaya x Shizuo suggestion there, lol.

And now Anri = Saika. Wtf.

Apr 30, 2010 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
This episode just made my day
Apr 30, 2010 7:19 PM

Apr 2010
Man, I did not even see that bit with Anri coming... this series always has great twists and turns. If it keeps going on like this, it might even turn out to be better than Baccano!
Apr 30, 2010 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
Nice. I don't get the public chat however what type of monster decides to spam a chat..?
Really reminds me of some type of zombie movie.
Apr 30, 2010 7:38 PM

Sep 2009
Bloody hell, that was surprising. I suppose it was technically obvious, but it still grabbed me by surprise that Anri has the original.

Also, lol at Erika's fantasy. Looks like we have a shipper on deck.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.