Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2010 1:46 AM
Feb 2009
Will this title ever be picked up for animating? On what basis do they chose popular manga titles to be made into anime exactly? Kaichou wa maid sama wasn't as popular as this one, yet it got picked up around the same time of being around for 3 years... Someone pick up dengeki daisy!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2010 9:11 AM

Aug 2009
gawd!!! so am i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this and skip beat(season 2) are what i keep my fingers crossed for every time!!!!
Apr 30, 2010 10:18 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know, but for some reason, I prefer that Dengeki Daisy don't turn into an anime. :(
Apr 30, 2010 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
In the near future, it might be turned into an anime.
May 1, 2010 1:14 PM

Dec 2009
biakudryavka said:
I don't know, but for some reason, I prefer that Dengeki Daisy don't turn into an anime. :(
I have the same feeling for some reason.
May 1, 2010 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
i support the idea! its a cute manga ;D
Jun 30, 2010 5:29 PM

Jun 2008
Personally, i've read about 5 chapters of it now and I think it would work really well as an anime, actually. I can picture the characters animated and talking... (although i'd have no idea of seiyuu...)
Jul 5, 2010 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
I l
biakudryavka said:

I WOULD LOVE IT IF THEY MADE A SKIP BEAT SEASON 2!

Their is so many things they need to add..

LIKE THE BEAGLES!
Jul 5, 2010 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
It would be nice if this series became an anime.
Jul 7, 2010 11:06 PM

Jan 2010
I root for an anime of this as well.
Jul 8, 2010 12:20 AM

May 2008
An anime wouldn't be bad, but I wonder if it would do the manga justice?
Jul 8, 2010 3:32 AM

Jan 2010
-Touya- said:

Probably not.
Jul 9, 2010 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
gerb234 said:
biakudryavka said:

Not so warm to the anime idea either.
Jul 11, 2010 5:05 AM

Mar 2010
would love to : /
I guess if it would turn into an anime then the popularity of this manga would raise and translators would translate faster.
I hate that I have to wait shit know how long to read cause I have never been in touch with jjapanese and never before learned it too so ... , if I could have this opportunity , i would translate but I dont understand a single letter, :D
My mom said im special . ~*
Jul 12, 2010 3:13 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Animate it, please? I have never wanted anything animated more in my life, except for Black Bird.

Dengeki Daisy and Black Bird both need animated.

Oh, and Pandora Hearts needs a second season. Slow Yen Press is slow with the manga.
Jul 16, 2010 2:21 AM

May 2010
biakudryavka said:

I feel the same, this is one manga, I hope to god they don't animate. I think it's just such a beautiful story, I don't an anime would do it justice and I think somehow, it would focus too much on the comedy. Saying that, I'd still watch it if it came out. :D

Jul 18, 2010 1:27 PM

Nov 2008
gerb234 said:
biakudryavka said:

+1
Jul 18, 2010 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
biakudryavka said:

Jul 21, 2010 8:55 AM

May 2010
I can't imagine them doing it right, no offence.
Unless Hideaki Anno was to do it, and Shiro Sagisu the music. Or Joe Hisaishi. Then I'd be happy.
But thats a dreamworld. :S

Jul 22, 2010 9:41 PM

Feb 2009
Psh, who WOULDN'T wanna see Kurosaki in anime form?! O_o
Lord, he's hot enough in the manga but christ....I would love for this manga to get an anime but sadly, there's not enough chapters to reallyl make a whole season yet....or at least I don't think there is. Hopefully it'll get an anime eventually.
Jul 25, 2010 2:48 AM

May 2010
I'm with u ..!
Jul 25, 2010 6:43 PM

May 2010
Yes! Someone agrees! I REALLY wanna see DD as a anime, BUT I dont wont them to totally mess it up! If its made into a Anime, thay Better do one heck of a good job!! =) Ahhhhhhhh kurosaki<3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 27, 2010 9:05 AM

Aug 2009
IchigoHollowfi said:
Yes! Someone agrees! I REALLY wanna see DD as a anime, BUT I dont wont them to totally mess it up! If its made into a Anime, thay Better do one heck of a good job!! =) Ahhhhhhhh kurosaki<3

The chances of them doing it justice, or even coming close to that, are minimal. I would watch it but somehow the characters seem to be made for manga, they are too graceful to ever become animated.
Jul 27, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
My fingers are tripple crossed (is that even possible) for this manga to be animated!!! But then again lately i have had many let downs with new anime so if it does get animeated...DO IT WELL!!! XD
Jul 27, 2010 4:10 PM

Oct 2009
I prefer not to see it adapted. But if it does happen, please don't let it be like Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Jul 28, 2010 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
Here's what I wrote on another forum in regards to a DD anime.

I wouldn't be surprised if DD turned into an anime, hell, I'm almost positive it will. DD is defiantly one of the most popular shojos out right now. The reason I don't think her other mangas have been turned into animes is simply because they weren't popular enough and only went on for a couple chapters (though Beast Master would be ideal for a short shoujo anime) whereas DD has gotten EXTREMELY popular, and is her most ongoing manga.

And yes, I would LOVE to see DD turn into an anime (a GOOD one of course). And, usually, the only anime I watch is original!anime, rarely do I watch manga-to-anime adaptions unless they are recommended.

Now for examples Skip beats adaption was...well OK. The art wasn't very good, and some things in the anime just weren't as affective as they were in the manga. Honestly, the only thing I liked a little more in SB anime is that Sho seemed a little more likable. Skip Beat, as much as I love the manga also has a 'hate it or love it' story line.

Kimi Ni Todoke's adaption on the other hand IMO, was a great anime adaption. The show was (almost) a carbon copy of the manga, with a few changes here and there, got the over all mood right, and the art was pretty much exactly the same. Skip beat's anime art was the 'same' as the manga, but still crap, Kimi Ni Todoke's anime art was the same as the manga, but on the other hand was actually good art.

Now, if a DD anime adaption follows Kimi Ni Todoke's example of an anime then I'm full on board with it. If it turns to a more Skip Beat adaption...I may have second thoughts. Skip Beats adaption wasn't the worst I've ever seen...but it defiantly could have been better.

DD has all the qualities of being a good anime, if done by the right company. It probably would never be as good as the manga, but honestly I just want to see DD get more popular, and the good thing is shojous never really get over popular either so we'll have just enough people in the fandom if an anime comes along.
Jul 30, 2010 5:11 AM

Jun 2010
ishitagupta said:
Will this title ever be picked up for animating? On what basis do they chose popular manga titles to be made into anime exactly? Kaichou wa maid sama wasn't as popular as this one, yet it got picked up around the same time of being around for 3 years... Someone pick up dengeki daisy!

What are you talking about? Kaichou is WAY more popular than this. Dengeki Daisy is more critically acclaimed though which is why it is the top rated shojo manga in MAL. Its not as popular though cus it only gets bought 50,000-60,000 copies as compared to Kaichou's 100,00-200,000 copies
Jul 30, 2010 6:16 PM

Oct 2009
Probably a Dengeki Daisy anime would be good, just as much as the manga, but I think it would lose its charm.

Who don't want to see Kurosaki walking and talking? It would be great. And DD, even if it's not as popular as Kaichou wa Maid-sama or others shoujo stories, is popular enough to be turned into an anime. Even often unpopular series turn into an anime. And I believe a Dengeki Daisy anime would be well reviewed and well received.

But anyway, I prefer my Dengeki Daisy just as a manga, for the time being.
Aug 1, 2010 2:46 AM

Jan 2010
If it becomes an anime they should wait until chapters pile up so they don't make a bunch of fillers everytime it gets close. Hmm... I can hear Ono Daisuke as Kurosaki already... Or maybe Miyano Mamoru?

A Drama could be nice too by the way! I'd definitely watch it.
Aug 5, 2010 1:16 PM

Oct 2009
A Drama? Haha, I never thought about it...
Aug 7, 2010 6:41 PM

Aug 2010
5za said:
gawd!!! so am i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this and skip beat(season 2) are what i keep my fingers crossed for every time!!!!

^This
Everytime I see a new anime list the first things I look for are Dengeki Daisy and Skip Beat season 2.
PLEASE!
Aug 10, 2010 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
skys0ng said:

The chances of them doing it justice, or even coming close to that, are minimal. I would watch it but somehow the characters seem to be made for manga, they are too graceful to ever become animated.

Pffffff- "Graceful"? Okay, two things-

1. Who says an anime can't be graceful?
2. ...graceful? Really? Are we reading the same manga? I love Dengeki Daisy and I think it's beautiful and everything but I would not call Teru graceful in the slightest. xD

Plus if we're talking about graceful manga Kimi ni Todoke is more "graceful" if you ask me, and that had a fantastic anime adaptation.

Ono Daisuke would be good for Kurosaki, yeahh. Perfect, actually, now that I think about it. :D Which reminds me, is there a drama CD for this yet? There should be, cause it'd give me better ideas on casting.
Aug 10, 2010 7:06 PM

Nov 2009
Oh my God, Daisuke Ono would be perfect for Kurosaki! I really want a DD anime as well.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Aug 17, 2010 6:13 AM

Jun 2008
also, they could incorporate a sample of Time after Time into the OP theme or something.<3 Or an instrumental version of it could be a theme throughout the OST. (Dunno if I'm describing what I mean properly, but I think people should get the gist...)

and Mamoru Miyano needs to play Teru's brother. Still don't know who I'd have for Teru though...
Aug 22, 2010 10:09 AM

Jul 2010
ChillOutParty said:
would love to : /
I guess if it would turn into an anime then the popularity of this manga would raise and translators would translate faster.
I hate that I have to wait shit know how long to read cause I have never been in touch with jjapanese and never before learned it too so ... , if I could have this opportunity , i would translate but I dont understand a single letter, :D

Same here!

I'm an orch dork, through and through. I'm an orch dork. How 'bout you?
Feb 4, 2011 4:33 AM

Aug 2010
MallyMalMal said:
Lord, he's hot enough in the manga but christ....I would love for this manga to get an anime but sadly, there's not enough chapters to reallyl make a whole season yet....or at least I don't think there is. Hopefully it'll get an anime eventually.

i totally agree with you...
maybe when more chapters are published this will turon into an anime....
can't wait for that...
Feb 9, 2011 9:11 AM

Mar 2010
Magdalen said:
biakudryavka said:

I feel the same, this is one manga, I hope to god they don't animate. I think it's just such a beautiful story, I don't an anime would do it justice and I think somehow, it would focus too much on the comedy. Saying that, I'd still watch it if it came out. :D

Just what I was thinking.
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Apr 12, 2011 11:18 PM

Sep 2010
I am torn! I think it would wonderful if animated, but I fear that it just wouldn't live up to the manga. But who knows, I felt the same way about Skip Beat! but I ended up adoring the anime.
Jun 4, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2011
I AGREE!! I am totally in love with this series. I hope it will be developed into an anime. I wouldn't mind watching the fillers also.
What's a sig?
Sep 16, 2011 9:27 AM

Oct 2008
i really want to see this manga as an anime *-* yes, it might not be as perfect as manga.. but i'd still watch it.. i want to see Kurosaki moving and talking and everything ahh ;A;

Yami-chii said:
Hmm... I can hear Ono Daisuke as Kurosaki already... Or maybe Miyano Mamoru?

i was just thinking the same.. i think both of them would be perfect as Kurosaki *o*

Sep 24, 2011 2:05 AM

Sep 2010
I want an animated version too it would be good as long as they stick to the manga. It has 50 chapter or so I heard. So there should be little to no filler.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 24, 2011 8:53 AM

Mar 2009
^ Well, shoujo's not nearly as infamous for its filler as opposed to shounen.

Though I wonder why it hasn't been animated yet. I'm sure some studios have taken notice of DD, but perhaps Motomi Kyousuke declined their proposals to animate it? I'm totally for an anime, but only if IG does it. If JC Staff touches it, I'll be pissed. Look at Maid-sama; it was a mediocre mess. Manga was better.
Sep 24, 2011 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing this made into an anime...just as long as they don't do the same thing they did with Skip Beat! >.>
Sep 25, 2011 4:50 PM

Apr 2009
The art in the manga of Saiyuki is really pretty and detailed. Really detailed hair and stuff. Then I looked and the anime and saw that so much of the detail was lost. Same thing happened with Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Considering Dengeki Daisy is my favorite shoujo manga, I'd be disappointed to see all this disappear in animated form. The scenes that really hit my heart and just so beautifully drawn and I'm positive I would not get that emotional punch in anime form, even if the music behind the scenes were great.

That said, I would watch it anyway if it existed. Though if the voices chosen are pretty bad (stereotypical dumb girl voice for Teru, for example), it'd be an immediate drop.

Sep 27, 2011 7:40 PM

Jul 2011
I would hate if they made a terrible anime. Although I want to see Kurosaki... love him.

Sucrose said:
-Touya- said:

Probably not.
-BlackRabbit- said:
gerb234 said:
biakudryavka said:

Not so warm to the anime idea either.
Sep 28, 2011 2:54 AM
Feb 2009
MallyMalMal said:

I could NOT agree more with how ridiculously delicious Kurosaki would appear in the anime, but I think there are MORE than sufficient chapters to create an anime starting now. I think the one reason they may be waiting is that of the sad truth of shoujo mangas. Once they're done with one season, they'll never create a follow up season. So maybe... the creators/studio are waiting for the resolution and the end villain to surface aNd what not.
Oct 31, 2011 1:02 AM

May 2011
I agree. Maybe they are really waiting for the story to progress more. But a lot has already happened in 43 chapters which can be made into an anime (12 episodes). I mean if Uta no prince sama can have an anime where NOTHING interesting happens like any competition, classes, (nothing at all really &gt;.&gt;) then dengeki daisy can definitely be animated into a short anime with lots of interesting stuff shown. Ofcourse this is all provided the manga story is strictly followed. I would love to see the humour in the manga getting animated perfectly too. The mangaka has done a brilliant job in that department. And ofcourse the story is very unique and interesting. Oh well, I am just praying that the anime production companies atleast have taken notice of this awesome manga.
Feb 21, 2012 4:43 PM

Feb 2011
i wanna hear teru say "go bald kurosaki"!!!
May 17, 2012 8:01 AM
Mar 2012
If there are a manga that should be made in to an anime, then it is this!
May 23, 2012 3:16 AM
Mar 2010
I hate to be a downer but news flash people: Dengeki Daisy is not popular in Japan. Quite the opposite in fact.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does this bother anyone else?

StarryyChai - May 8, 2023

4 by StarryyChai »»
Apr 7, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 79 Discussion

Barion-Zara - May 29, 2015

8 by TitanInsane »»
Mar 13, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 41 Discussion

emerald_city - Sep 16, 2011

29 by melody_04 »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 22 Discussion

Naruleach - Apr 18, 2010

16 by melody_04 »»
Jan 16, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 49 Discussion

Zhou - May 28, 2012

9 by removed-user »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.