Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 17, 2023 3:07 PM
Dec 2020
Really great story to the whole anime didn't know what you where going to get after each episode. I am now starting season 2 can't wait.
May 5, 2023 5:27 PM
Sep 2021
One of the best episodes ever produced
May 6, 2023 11:33 AM
Mar 2023
coollllllllllll
May 21, 2023 4:01 AM
May 2017
Great cliffhanger. Overall a great story.
May 24, 2023 11:05 AM
Dec 2022
It was really good im not someone who is critical but it was soo good
May 25, 2023 2:01 PM
May 2023
Beautiful end to a perfect season, can't wait to see what happens in season 2!
Jun 18, 2023 8:26 PM

Sep 2020
What a ending 🤯 Need to check out S2 asap.
Jun 23, 2023 9:47 PM
Mar 2023

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch is an epic masterpiece of anime. With its intricate plot, memorable characters, stunning animation, and thought-provoking themes, it stands as a must-watch series. The strategic genius of Lelouch Lamperouge and the blend of political intrigue and personal drama make it truly captivating. Prepare to be enthralled by this extraordinary anime.
Jul 26, 2023 11:06 AM
Jul 2023
One of the most beautiful anime
Aug 17, 2023 10:33 PM

Aug 2011
C.C. smile.... at the very end... (╥﹏╥) and man lulu is such a dick just like Yagami light 
Sep 3, 2023 8:11 PM
Jul 2020
Uno de los mejores finales en la historia del anime sin duda, voy directo a ver la segunda temporadaaa. Lulu cometió muchísimos errores estos últimos capítulos de seguro la segunda temporada tendrá una trama totalmente distinta
Sep 4, 2023 7:54 AM

Apr 2021
Man, this was quite a show. It kept me on the edge of my seat, especially during the finale!!!! I can't wait to watch season 2!!!
Sep 8, 2023 6:26 PM
Aug 2019
Holy shit. What an anime.
Sep 18, 2023 1:04 AM
Sep 2023
One of the BEST animes of ALL TIME! Lelouch is such an amazing character, not to mention the anime just drew you in. Code Geass will forever hold Top 1 in my heart.
Nov 1, 2023 1:50 PM
Oct 2023
No comment required
Nov 18, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2023
ofcourse it ended with a fucking cliff hanger lmao,a great one at that. No idea what will happen next, Will Lelouch die? Will Suzaku die? What will Kallen do? who really is V2?did Nina push the button and create the explosion?Did orange boy die?did Cornelia die? Too many questions and they will be answered in the next season really excited to watch it.Also the scene where C2 kissed Lelouch was nice i suppose (Lelouch is a lucky bastard)
Dec 3, 2023 12:16 PM
Aug 2019
top 2 anime and best ending in anime
Jan 2, 5:53 AM
Aug 2023
i loved how the show ended with a cliffhanger that left me gasping and feeling tense at the end , when ppl talking bout season endings , i will always bring out this episode as a discussion , i love code geass , might rewatch it again , the last time I’ve watched this was in 2021 , its just SO GD
Jan 22, 8:26 AM

Sep 2017
great and nice ending

askin the big questions.

Tellin suzaku that "it was done and what about it " attitude for euphy's death was pretty bad move when askin him to save nunnally. could have made somethin up to tell it was a mistake but no, just had to channel his father's dickishness.

cc's past is somewhat pushed in just for convenience.

Kallen got the memo now. Suzaku may have figured it even as far as his first meeting with zero.

cliffhanger was nice way.

ledouche wearin the deadman's bomb was a nice way to ensure no one can kill him, even suzaku can't do it coz his geass.

but he got a whole new level of jerkishness.

tamaki being jerk racist towards brit devils. smh. llyod did gud job.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 22, 8:26 AM

Sep 2017
great and nice ending

askin the big questions.

Tellin suzaku that "it was done and what about it " attitude for euphy's death was pretty bad move when askin him to save nunnally. could have made somethin up to tell it was a mistake but no, just had to channel his father's dickishness.

Kallen got the memo now. Suzaku may have figured it even as far as his first meeting with zero.

ledouche wearin the deadman's bomb was a nice way to ensure no one can kill him, even suzaku can't do it coz his geass.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 29, 7:37 AM
Aug 2023
awesome and you can say one of the best anime ever
Feb 1, 9:48 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to JeremiahOrange
great and nice ending

askin the big questions.

@JeremiahOrange

Lelouch should have either killed suzaku earlier on or used his geass on him to remove him from the board and give him a better life outside the military with Euphy as a "king takes knight" move. There's no fucking way they would know some random girl like nunnally would be the thing lelouch would throw the easy win he had for. Losses happen in war and its even shown in the same episode when the black knights lose their friends and family because this dumbass commander just has to run off to some random island and not send a strike team to go save her in case of this very contingency.

But then again its dumbass anime. "KYUTE GURL" *shows fanservice in random japanese high school* > actual writing and character development
They could have committed to being anime star wars with Geass being their equivalent to the force or committed to gritty realism, but instead opted to go full retard with fanservice and random japanese high school as the focus instead. It didn't get much better with akito, the move to a now failed anime gacha, and the gypsies political agenda shit that sank the franchise even further than R2 did. Is it like an unspoken law to add japanese high school to everything in anime?

If you want code geass but actually good, I'd recommend ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS over this. The mechs aren't as cool or stupidly OP as most knightmares but they are functionally similar and the plot isn't focused on high school. There are actual military guerilla tactics even in the spinoffs and its gritty realism + soap opera done right. Its everything code geass is a pale imitation of done 20 years earlier. Minus superpowers like Geass and focused more on science fiction around the aftermath of an interplanetary war between two planets.

XF_ZeroFeb 1, 10:14 AM
Feb 2, 1:19 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to XF_Zero
@JeremiahOrange

Lelouch should have either killed suzaku earlier on or used his geass on him to remove him from the board and give him a better life outside the military with Euphy as a "king takes knight" move. There's no fucking way they would know some random girl like nunnally would be the thing lelouch would throw the easy win he had for. Losses happen in war and its even shown in the same episode when the black knights lose their friends and family because this dumbass commander just has to run off to some random island and not send a strike team to go save her in case of this very contingency.

But then again its dumbass anime. "KYUTE GURL" *shows fanservice in random japanese high school* > actual writing and character development
They could have committed to being anime star wars with Geass being their equivalent to the force or committed to gritty realism, but instead opted to go full retard with fanservice and random japanese high school as the focus instead. It didn't get much better with akito, the move to a now failed anime gacha, and the gypsies political agenda shit that sank the franchise even further than R2 did. Is it like an unspoken law to add japanese high school to everything in anime?

If you want code geass but actually good, I'd recommend ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS over this. The mechs aren't as cool or stupidly OP as most knightmares but they are functionally similar and the plot isn't focused on high school. There are actual military guerilla tactics even in the spinoffs and its gritty realism + soap opera done right. Its everything code geass is a pale imitation of done 20 years earlier. Minus superpowers like Geass and focused more on science fiction around the aftermath of an interplanetary war between two planets.

@XF_Zero
XF_Zero said:

ledouche is not completely logical and perfect tbh. and u r right, he needed to have handled suzaku better, but lelouch is too emotional to use his first friend like that. or atleast was.

and yeah, lelouch is a siscon, thats why he couldnt entrust his troops for savin nunnally, that and fact that everyone is focused on gettin japan back, noway they be goin towards some island in middle of nowhere to fight enemy who irrelevant when they do be facin their own problem.

and it become reason why he lose war, but ledouche has no other option coz nunnally is his raison d'etre. without her, no use liberating britannia.

There's no fucking way they would know some random girl like nunnally would be the thing lelouch would throw the easy win he had for

ye it looks bit contrived, but the dwarf who kidnapped nunnally was same guy when suzaku was stuck in geaass island with kallen and ledouche+euphy, he may have had some hand in things, not to mention he happen to know lot more about euphy death by geass for some reason..

XF_Zero said:
"KYUTE GURL" *shows fanservice in random japanese high school* > actual writing and character development

I see your point, i agree with this pretty much. while i am rewatching this yeah, fanservice is a bit too distracting, to point it is pretty much ecchi territory, and lot of anime not just code geass put too much emphasis on cute girl/fanservice aspect over characters. plot gets a bit nonsensical at times, for me i could live with it, but i understand why u may not for code geass, coz i felt same when watching other anime.

for me only few anime made character development and writing work, and i wouldnt say code geass is pinnacle of it, id say it falls on the A- side.
There are way too many plotlines to keep count and some of them can be stripped or reordered in better fashion, and lots of arcs of character development do sometimes hit big snags only to be brought back without warning.
i myself mostly i like it for the nostalgia, entertainment on mind game and drama part. and that too only this and r2, not the ones that came after 2009 by any aspect.

I appreciate the recommendation highly, thanks for it btw.

Feb 2, 3:15 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to JeremiahOrange
@XF_Zero
XF_Zero said:

ledouche is not completely logical and perfect tbh. and u r right, he needed to have handled suzaku better, but lelouch is too emotional to use his first friend like that. or atleast was.

and yeah, lelouch is a siscon, thats why he couldnt entrust his troops for savin nunnally, that and fact that everyone is focused on gettin japan back, noway they be goin towards some island in middle of nowhere to fight enemy who irrelevant when they do be facin their own problem.

and it become reason why he lose war, but ledouche has no other option coz nunnally is his raison d'etre. without her, no use liberating britannia.

There's no fucking way they would know some random girl like nunnally would be the thing lelouch would throw the easy win he had for

ye it looks bit contrived, but the dwarf who kidnapped nunnally was same guy when suzaku was stuck in geaass island with kallen and ledouche+euphy, he may have had some hand in things, not to mention he happen to know lot more about euphy death by geass for some reason..

XF_Zero said:
"KYUTE GURL" *shows fanservice in random japanese high school* > actual writing and character development

I see your point, i agree with this pretty much. while i am rewatching this yeah, fanservice is a bit too distracting, to point it is pretty much ecchi territory, and lot of anime not just code geass put too much emphasis on cute girl/fanservice aspect over characters. plot gets a bit nonsensical at times, for me i could live with it, but i understand why u may not for code geass, coz i felt same when watching other anime.

for me only few anime made character development and writing work, and i wouldnt say code geass is pinnacle of it, id say it falls on the A- side.
There are way too many plotlines to keep count and some of them can be stripped or reordered in better fashion, and lots of arcs of character development do sometimes hit big snags only to be brought back without warning.
i myself mostly i like it for the nostalgia, entertainment on mind game and drama part. and that too only this and r2, not the ones that came after 2009 by any aspect.

I appreciate the recommendation highly, thanks for it btw.
@JeremiahOrange

Yeah I also like R1 and R2 for the nostalgia factor. Since I grew up with it. Don't appreciate the constant retconning they're doing these days with lost stories (not to be confused with the PS2/PSP VN Lost colors) and they even retconned Rei from Lost Colors out of the series. The Club Lancelot (the blue dung beetle themed lancelot) is in the "new" canon and even got a gunpla kit some years ago but given to some random Britannian knight. Same with the black knight route knightmare frame being given to someone else. Though Lost Stories has the same issues R2 had. 1. OP plot armor knightmares ruining the story 2. Not leaning more into the geass side of things and normal people's reactions to it. Which was hinted at in CC's flashbacks where they stoned her to death after the townsfolk realized she was abusing her power to control them. Then she just walks away from the Geass CIA she created because she was simply bored. 3. Not getting the fuck away from Ashford Academy. Even for vacations with their rich knight friends.

I also have no idea why the authors at CLAMP keep shilling that 2007 era "Oz of the reflection" spinoff (takes place between R1 and R2) that to this day has not been translated to english or released overseas. It was even more ashford academy crap and the plot crashes and burns with no survivors by the end with the entire cast dead or missing. The Lancelot model is overused and the red/orange highlights reskin was annoying. I'd rather see the black knights come up with a "lancelot killer" to give some actual stakes to the story. Because I would just skip the lancelot sections as nothing, not even the wrath of the geass god, can scratch the paint on the damn thing. At least the gary stu main character chirico in VOTOMS actually gets shot up in every episode and loses his mecha a few times and has to abandon it mid-combat. The Lancelot is just an annoying deus ex machina. Especially in R2 where it literally takes nunnally away from Lelouch and Suzaku becomes a whiny vindictive cunt for the rest of the story. Like bro, if you're gonna do that shit to Lelouch, at least try to date her. He never once makes a move on her despite having feelings for her.

I really think the setting is intriguing and they sort of have a mysterious forerunner vibe with the geass ruins even with the "caretaker" in akito that started off great but then just gave the female protag anti-geass "cuz she's a gud person". I was fine with anti-geass being orange boy only because he's a glorified geass spartan experiment minus the cool armor. The Geass caretaker giving leila (the blonde girl in all the posters) anti-geass at the end was dumb. She never uses it even on the serial killer geass user brother of Akito. Who is the antagonist of that spinoff.

VOTOMS was a great palate cleanser from all the random ashford academy crap. The Fanservice in Code Geass itself was fine and cute but the school should have been gone from the plot after the first few episodes and lelouch commits 100% to his rebellion instead of the writers trying to do 500 things at once and doing none of them very well. VOTOMS also itches the scratch for some good mecha combat without any OP gundam bullshit where nothing short of a world ending device can scratch the paint of the protagonist's gundam armor. Knightmares are awesome but there's not enough of them. The ground based ones like in the opening slideshow where Britannia took over Japan. not the wannabe gundams. I wanna see sutherlands blowing up left right and center all the time. Its a war. Not a dueling arena. Which Votoms has for mecha gladitorial combat and uses multiple times in the series. For some reason code geass doesn't have these as a national past time despite having knightmare frames in school robotics labs like the one NINA rigs to become a suicide bomber at the end of R1.

No problem. I am just so sick of slice of life and high school being forced into anime where its out of place. Life goes on and it does get better. CC could have been on the level of a sexy Kreia from KOTOR 2 but with her hating Geass instead of the Force but the immortal witch is just delegated to being a literal sex object to sell merch and sometimes share a flashback to give Japanese writers favorite thing besides big ol anime titties: meaningless exposition dumping.
XF_ZeroFeb 2, 3:55 PM
Feb 25, 2:08 PM
Feb 2024
Lelouch is very smart. This show reminds me of Death Note. It would be a fair fight between Kira and Zero because they never show their true identities.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Feb 6, 2007

191 by yulek »»
Mar 11, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.