Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2008 2:21 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i've seen the first episode last night, and i'm surprised. this show seems to have a larger budget than vampire knight (yay). anyway, the plot seemed a bit rushed, but they have to make three quite long stories in only 24 episodes, so i don't really mind the pace. there were also some H scenes and they used the same style of censorship they used on the tv version of higurashi. i wonder if it'll go away with the dvd release? the art looks very good, i think it's the best way Nakamura-sensei's drawing style could be trasferred into an anime.

what i don't understand are people hating BL (yaoi) and watching this. when i want to watch a new series, i at least check the genre and see some CMs or pictures before downloading the raw episode... oh well, i guess there are weird people everywhere lol...
suusuuApr 11, 2008 2:37 AM
Apr 11, 2008 7:03 AM

Apr 2008
I was waiting for this show since there is so little BL anime, and the manga was quite funny. It seems to be following the manga precisely, and there is not too much censor (you can't cut H things in this anime since its part of character developpement).

Usagi voice is great, the backgroung design is OK. I'm just not too fan of the character design, however it's tue its sticks to the author's work so I guess I can't really complain here. I didn't find it too rushed, since It's the same in the manga...

Well, I enjoyed it, and I'm now waiting to see how they will deal with the other stories.

Apr 11, 2008 7:28 AM

Aug 2007
aww you got me there ._. i read the first volume a couple of years ago and i didn't really remember how the beginning went, i thought the first episode covered two chapters but it actually was only one ^^"
suusuuApr 11, 2008 7:50 AM
Apr 11, 2008 8:46 PM

Mar 2007
The sex scenes
Apr 11, 2008 9:05 PM

Nov 2007
snoopygirl said:
I was waiting for this show since there is so little BL anime,

So little? There's one almost every season. A lot of them are just ignored by subbers, because most groups have taste.
Apr 11, 2008 10:05 PM

Mar 2007
Hm, the episode was cute, if a bit rushed. Better music than Monochrome Factor, LOL. The black haze censorship was amusing :)
Apr 11, 2008 11:30 PM

Mar 2007
Well technically they don't show anything, there is a convenient black haze that obscures part of the screen, but it is fairly obvious what is happening ^^
Apr 12, 2008 4:04 AM

Aug 2007
Asako said:

So little? There's one almost every season. A lot of them are just ignored by subbers, because most groups have taste.

the last BL tv series was gakuen heaven, aired 2 years ago. and not ignored by subbers because aarinfantasy subs all BL anime that's released, so, actually, your post has no sense.
Apr 12, 2008 4:14 AM

Nov 2007
ephemeralM said:
the last BL tv series was gakuen heaven, aired 2 years ago. and not ignored by subbers because aarinfantasy subs all BL anime that's released, so, actually, your post has no sense.

Yeah, kind of my mistake, there are BL OVAs almost every season, not necessarily series. Still Shounen-Ai/Yaoi/BL stuff regardless. I daresay more BL than there is true shoujo-ai (though series with yuri-ish themes tend to be more common.)
Apr 12, 2008 4:36 AM

Aug 2007
Asako said:
Yeah, kind of my mistake, there are BL OVAs almost every season, not necessarily series. Still Shounen-Ai/Yaoi/BL stuff regardless. I daresay more BL than there is true shoujo-ai (though series with yuri-ish themes tend to be more common.)

ok, you have a point there. actually most shojo-ai anime tend to be targeted at a male audience and are filled with fanservice, while the original genre was supposed to be targeted at a female audience. i guess there aren't many women who like the real shojo-ai or yuri and that may be the cause why there aren't many titles like that released. while i don't really like GL, i still think it's a bad thing, because everyone should be able to watch the genre they like.
Apr 12, 2008 4:47 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, that's why I say yuri-ish themes. Most of those series are just fanservice for guys, not any kind of real love or worthwhile romance. I've yet to see a shoujo-ai that had a remotely decent story, not just rabid fanservice. But then I've never seen shounen-ai worth a damn either.
Apr 13, 2008 1:52 PM

Oct 2007
Ah yes, for some reason, only more trashy BL titles are made into anime (Gakuen heaven made my eyes bleed). Still, Junjou Romantica will propbably be one of the better ones... And don't forget Ai no Kusabi - the best BL title released (at least in my book)

JR> The animation quality seems OK, I never liked the chara designs, but at least they stayed true to the original, other than that... well, there will be mansex a plenty... so I guess I should be optimistic.

Beware! For I wield the chair leg of truth!
Apr 14, 2008 2:40 PM
Mar 2008
Is the eng sub out yet?
I don't know if I've looked hard enough or if no one has subbed it yet.
Apr 14, 2008 3:44 PM

Nov 2007
Asako said:
Yeah, that's why I say yuri-ish themes. Most of those series are just fanservice for guys, not any kind of real love or worthwhile romance. I've yet to see a shoujo-ai that had a remotely decent story, not just rabid fanservice. But then I've never seen shounen-ai worth a damn either.

I notice that you have not seen Simoun...
Apr 16, 2008 4:41 AM

Mar 2008
I’m a fangirl so I obviously enjoyed Junjo Romantica.
Most of everything stayed the same.. just in anime form. If the anime follows the manga.. The second ep would be interesting. Then there’s also the possible h-scene! I'm looking forward to Sumi’s appearing :33
And yaay..It has one of the best OP I’ve heard. >3
Apr 16, 2008 5:54 AM

Aug 2007
Very cute episode...but I really need subs T_T
Apr 24, 2008 12:16 PM

May 2007
Heh, that was cute. I could have done without the handjob, but otherwise I thought it was pretty sweet -- albeit fastpaced (they went through, what, 3 seasons in one episode?). I liked it better than some of the other spring romances out there anyway.
Apr 24, 2008 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
I liked it very much ^.^ The beginning was quite funny.
Luckily there are subs for the first episode since today.

Apr 24, 2008 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
in my opinion, the first episode blew every other shounen ai out of the water...i was really sad for usagi until the points of tears, there was a lot of comedy that made me laugh, and all the steamy H stuff really turned me on. so much i've experienced in one episode! and i'm usually VERY critical of anime. although i LOVED the H stuff, i'm a little peeved that it's included because i wanted my straight male friends to watch it D: now they refuse to lol.

i do find it hilarious that they look like they have a higher budget than VK lol..

oh yeah, i've never read the manga but i'd love to. anyone know where i can read it/download it? :] thanks!!
Apr 24, 2008 2:58 PM

Oct 2007
Heh, I read the first book yesterday, glad to see the anime follow the manga closely (except for the H scenes, but it's a TV show after all, and I don't mind that much, as I'm a straight guy :p). Looking forward to the rest of this, it looks promising.
Apr 24, 2008 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
OH OH OH WHERE CAN I FIND THE MANGA?! *pounce*
Apr 24, 2008 3:53 PM

Nov 2007
As long as they keep this light and fluffy and don't try to put in serious drama I'll keep watching...
Apr 24, 2008 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
chryseis said:
OH OH OH WHERE CAN I FIND THE MANGA?! *pounce*

http://www.junjou.info/2008/01/06/junjou-romantica-manga-01-09/#more-44
You can also find a soft subbed of episode 2 and the op/ed song there. Probably better off using aarinfantasy but if you're in a rush, might aswell try it.

-----------------------
I liked the show. It stay true to the manga and pretty fast paced. My only complaint would be not enough background music.

Apr 24, 2008 4:57 PM

Nov 2007
THANK YOU!! <3
Apr 24, 2008 10:45 PM

Nov 2006
Okay so the highlight of this episode for me was Misaki saying "blah blah IU NA!!!" Yuuri anyone? :D

I thought this was cuter than it was cliche so I'm definitely going to keep watching. Love the animation and the voice acting especially.
Apr 25, 2008 12:08 AM

Jul 2007
From the opening scene I felt I wasn't going to like it... then when it started I suddenly remembered I read that manga and dropped it... (for the same reason I felt I wasn't going to like it... I'm so consistant! xD)

anyway at the end it wasn't so bad.. but I'll be waiting for the other stories and hope I'll like them better... I didn't get that far in the manga...

I wish they animated more BL mangas... especially ones that I love T_T
Apr 25, 2008 12:11 AM

Jul 2007
windy said:
Okay so the highlight of this episode for me was Misaki saying "blah blah IU NA!!!" Yuuri anyone? :D

I totally kept thinking about Yuuri the entire ep... Sakupyon is using the same voice! (his uke voice? lol)
But then Misaki put hair clips and looked like Azuma Kazuma from Yakitate Japan.. that was a littlllllle freaky xD;
Apr 25, 2008 12:44 AM
Feb 2008
All I can say after watching 2 eps is " KYAAAAAAAA~~~~~~<3 ". I was seriously disappointed in shounen-ai after watching gakuen heaven (the kiss in the end felt so forced into the scene, not to mention too much hinting and little action!), but this totally recovered my faith towards BL anime. The first episode stuffed so much background info in with such a humorous way, saves the later parts were characters usually have this flashback on their past and the episode-long explaination (I've always hated those parts! damn your character developing, get on with the story!) I hope the remaining eps would be better than the first 2! At least be as good as those xD
Apr 25, 2008 3:28 PM

Feb 2008
I love it.
That was actually adorable especially the last scene.
This > Monochrome Factor
Apr 26, 2008 5:58 AM

Jan 2008
really looking forward this anime :D the 1st ep was just ... PERFECT !
Apr 26, 2008 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
Great start, looks like this is going to be good =p
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Apr 27, 2008 5:57 AM
Apr 2008
I just watched the first episode, and surprisngly enough, I liked it a whole lot.
The animation was very cute and the character design was pretty nice as well. It's a refreshing change from all of those low-class suckish yaoi ovas.
I also enjoyed it being what other would call rush and I call pretty obvious. I mean, we all know that they're going to end up together sooner or later, so just stretching it for eternity would be stupid, since we already know the outcome.
Not only did I like it getting to the point pretty quickly, I thought it was a very fun mix; a bit H, some humor, some drama, some development and a whole lof of cuteness and fluff. A very nice combination, rather than a lot other BL and even non-BL anime that give you a few episodes of drama, then a fun one, maybe a flashback one and so on.

I'm looking forward to the next aarinfantasy subbed episode.
Apr 27, 2008 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
This was indeed very similar to the manga, which is a bad thing for me since I can't say I like the characters, the story goes way too fast, and all of this molestation-turns-to-love stuff in yaoi really needs to go die. I might keep watching this just to boost my yaoi street creed, though.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 28, 2008 6:51 AM

Jun 2007
It was cute~ I like characters, art and story as well. I hope that following series will not disappoint me ^__^
see you, space cowperson . . .
May 17, 2008 11:30 PM

Jun 2007
This anime is cute <3 After watching the first episode, I was hooked <3
Jul 1, 2008 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
AWW, i was like 'KYAA' the whole ep. xD great start ~
Jul 17, 2008 6:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The anime is much less hardcore than the manga....great series to introduce noobs to the BL genre.....

The manga is a classic.....now the anime just became a classic too....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 30, 2008 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
Aw, the first episode was so cute. =3 A bit rushed, but as Pieta pointed out, it was obvious they would get together. I'm looking forward to the rest!
Oct 19, 2008 10:51 AM

Mar 2008
wow those voices were not what I expected x33 having read the manga first I'm finding it a little difficult to judge the anime but I think they did a really good job with the art style so thumbs up all round!!!

and I ADORE that start sequence~~ x33
Oct 22, 2008 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
Asako said:

Sadly, series that are worth a damn tend to not get a anime adaptation, like I would love to see Strawberry Shake Sweet into a WELL made anime. Also, I found Iono-sama Fanatics to be quite amusing as well. And I guess many others have that "yuri-ish themes" you mentioned, like Kashimashi (though I'd like to see that series as a love is love no matter the gender type of story).

Now with that aside, I would like to say I downloaded this knowing it was a BL, but also reading that it was made well. And I was very pleased with it. It seems to be treated with an air of "yes this is BL, but it's also romance" and I think that's how GL and BL should be handled as love stories. I was pained to see Usagi-san get hurt over being introduced to his crush's to be wife as I would be if he was a she. But I'm also a sap for romance stories. ^_^
Jan 12, 2009 8:01 PM
Mar 2008
Oh boy, I should not have watched that first episode....
cause THAT WAS HOT LOL
Feb 6, 2009 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
It seemed like everything moved waaay too fast. I didn't really like it
Apr 24, 2009 3:33 PM

Dec 2008
Seems pretty interesting ^^
Looks like there's going to be a good amount of cute romance.

& &
May 17, 2009 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
Okay, so... This was like my first yaoi (I wanted to go with the best ranked one since otherwise I'll probably have a horrible impression of shonen-ai) and it went something like this.

"Oh, that boy's cute! ^^ But that guy's like.. .old.... ^^; "
"Wait a second, he's... what? No way! What'd he do? Am I a pervert? WAHHH!!"
"Oh my God, can this get any worse. Too... fluffy.... most... have...het.."
-stares unsympathically as Nii-chan announces his engagement-
"This is the first time I've experienced hotness without meaning.. :/"

Okay, I have no idea what to make of it. Reads off like a semi-bad fanfiction, eh. The sight of two.. men kissing is just so weird.. I can hardly wrap my head around the idea. (Seriously, though.. what'd Usami do to Misaki in the beginning part? I'm not getting it. Probably not there, right?)

If it wasn't for the good music and art, I would probably drop this RIGHT NOW ><
MAL Book Club join if you like reading

Feb 8, 2010 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
i got recommended this. . . . . ummm hehe i guess its good so far X3 but ur heart starts beating when ur family gets home XD
Mar 20, 2010 10:56 AM

Jan 2010
i like shounen-ai, but this is definitely yaoi.
i watched it and i was like "a kiss already? wow..."
May 12, 2010 6:05 AM

Aug 2009
Tbh this is my first yaoi. Me likey what I see XD
Aug 6, 2010 7:39 AM
Aug 2009
Interesting and you already find out a lot in the first episode seems like it was fast.
Jul 9, 2011 4:02 AM

Jun 2011
This is such a great first episode <3 :D!!!

Comedy, mixed with plenty of Yaoi xDDD

I think the pacing was alright, the most important details were there!
Mar 3, 2013 7:53 AM
Mar 2012
Wow.... This is the first anime episode poll i had voted 2 out of 5. This anime is kind of ridiculous. I mean god! atleast Sekaiichi Hatsukoi was good..... I have 2 questions i'm pondering about this ep.

1. How does ANYONE fall in love that fast?
2.Why would you suddenly ambush and kiss your best friends little bro who you care oh so much for?

To add a little more, the art is pretty average. I mean to me everyone (uke and seme) looks the same with different hair colors and eyes.

Even so, I'm gonna give this anime a few more episodes and see how it turns out :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hyunnie14 - May 17, 2008

57 by binkbonkbee »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cookie-chan- - Jun 27, 2008

56 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ummyeah - Jun 21, 2008

51 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 10 Discussion

meowmeow21 - Jun 13, 2008

47 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sanjica - Jun 14, 2008

50 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.