Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2010 8:09 AM

Jun 2008
Anitnelav said:
Loved the reunion between Mr. 3 and Crocodile. xD

lolz yes. Crocodile was so 'happy' to see him again, so was Mr. 3 XDDDD
May 14, 2011 3:38 AM

Jul 2007
Damn man, for a min there i though iva was making sport of megellen. But then he, just like blackbeards crew, along with inazuma all lost, all covered in magellen's poesen. Something smells fishy here. Certainly all these strong guys would not die that fast. I really want to know what in the hell happen to all these guys.

I am sure iva has some miraculous plan. Surely the great Ivankov won't be defeated that easily?? I was just starting to like this guy.

I just have to quote this line cause this is quite possibly the most hilarious moment in all of one piece.

Buggy: Hey watch it you croc o--- -Dile?? Buggies look was just priceless.
ArtimesGamerMay 14, 2011 3:45 AM

Jun 24, 2011 1:05 AM

Jun 2009
Well, it's very obvious Blackbeard has a part to play in the future so he isn't done for just yet.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2011 9:44 PM

May 2010
Confirmed: Magellan is crazy strong! Haha Its no joke that Impel Down is regarded impenetrable and escapable.. Magellan is right for his job.. a ruthless but law abiding enforcer! As of now I think he must be the strongest Devil Fruit user in all of One Piece! :-P I’m a bit certain that we haven’t seen the last of Ivanko and Inazuma.. I’m guessing they still have some hidden secret and judging that they are comrades of Dragon must prove they are also hella strong! LOL @ when buggy and Mr.3 saw luffy and crocodile hehe.. just a few more episode and they’re free! :-D
Aug 7, 2011 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
akihikosama said:
I thought Ivankov would put up a better fight than that after all his talk. Kind of curious now how Magellan will be defeated.
Feb 4, 2012 9:27 PM

Jan 2012
lol i found magellan becoming strangely likable with how he just stared quietly as iva tried to troll him
Nov 23, 2012 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
Goodness sakes.. luffy and everyone are moving like FUCKING snails.. While Magellanes has gone to all levels in less time.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 23, 2013 8:27 PM

May 2013
The scene when Buggy and Mister 3 ran into Crocodile was just hilarious lol
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Sep 22, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
this episode just made me love ivankov and everyone else even more!
i love the whole alabasta bad guys reunion thats going on too.
but magellan is seriously super badass and i cant think of a way that anyone can beat him :c
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
Ivan san :( Chop-what's-your-name san :(
Oct 8, 2014 1:19 AM

Jan 2014
Ivankov and Inazuma down. Just a few more prisoners for Magellan to catch.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 21, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2013
Next up.

Jun 15, 2015 2:12 AM

Jun 2015
damn what now
Aug 29, 2015 2:12 PM

Mar 2015
Magellan summoned 3 Blue-eyes White Dragons. These legendary dragons are a powerful engine of destruction. Virtually invincible, very few have faced thesde awesome creatures and lived to tell the tale
Apr 4, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2013
OMMMMGGGGGGG I LOVE HOW IVA-SAN RUNS AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA XDDD
Jul 20, 2016 3:49 AM

May 2008
Iva-saaaaaaan, Kani-chaaaaaaan :(
Jul 27, 2016 8:43 AM

Mar 2015
Damn, Magellan has what it takes to be an admiral for sure, but I guess warden of the world's best prison is up there too
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 3:08 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Nooo IvanKov :< poor thing

Mar 24, 2019 5:32 PM

Jun 2016
I'm noticing a theme here. It's been going on for a while of course as I've noted and I'm sure everyone has noticed, but more specifically just in Impel Down, Luffy has had to go against the code he's gone by the entire series three times in quick succession. Firstly, he had to team up with and free Crocodile, a person he despises with every fiber of his body. Then he had to go against his code of fight people who hurt your friends with your all and leave Blackbeard, the guy responsible for everything, to do as he pleases. Thirdly, just now, he had to leave behind two people he considered friends, he had to move on and disregard two people putting their lives on the line and ultimately sacrificing themselves for him. You may also count the fact that the move Luffy did that would normally win a fight for him, "I'LL GIVE YOU ARMS" failed completely and only managed to hurt him further. I think the grimace Luffy made when Bon Clay told him to 'believe in the miracle worker' and move on says it all.
Later when he realized that Inazuma and Ivan practically just died for him and Ace, that they probably had the amount of poison which put him through the pain he went through on them for his sake, he made this face.
This is obviously on on top of him not being able to save his friends from Kizaru's gang, Zoro from Kuma, and him almost having the women who saved his life in Amazon Lily die for his sake. I'd wager this has to be weighing on him a lot, just earlier when he almost had his nakama die against Kuma he was so torn up with himself he screamed "What's wrong with me!" and charged directly into a mountain.
Luffy has shown his resolve through everything is undying as long as his crew are still alive to fight for. As long as he can keep fighting for his nakama and for his ambition he cannot truly be kept down, but... this is an instance of people fighting for his sake presumably dying under him. Frankly speaking, Ivan and Inazuma had as much poison as Luffy took on at least visually and he had like a 3% chance to live and only because of Ivan. Ivan may be able to inject himself with the hormones to save himself but can he also manage to do that for Inazuma? :S

Further, the imagery of Inazuma sweating nervously and hesitating to leave behind Ivan and even more so waiting for him was so sad. I realized quickly what that meant, whoever caught up first was the victor and until they popped their head out Inazuma wouldn't know who it was. You could sense the duty, faith, and respect Inazuma holds for Ivan.

It is quite a shame though, I wish the Ivan fight was pursued more seriously on screen. Ivan chose to stay back himself to fight off Magellan, and really Ivan is the captain here, he's the one calling all the shots and commanding the crew under him, even Crocodile(speaking of that now Croc is unchained..). So, it makes sense that he would like to be the one who makes sure they make it out okay. The small bits we saw of the fight itself was awesome. It was Hydra's and death winks and they were colliding! Whoever got an opening first would do massive damage to the other, plus Ivan didn't have to touch him to deal damage which is a huge benefit to that match up. So, I would have just loved to see both trying to get a hit in past each others defenses. It even ended with Ivan doing some weird "hair removal fist" and what looked like punching the poison poison man a lot which just seems impractical to me..

So, Ivan and Inazuma bought them enough time to reach level 1 alongside Buggy and Mr.3's riot. Shiryu still hasn't made an appearance since his with Blackbeard. And now, at the brink of escape Magellan has come face to face with Luffy's group. I don't watch previews anymore but I think i still saw a spoiler because I accidentally read a word of the next episodes synopsis so I think I know how the fight will actually occur but I'm hoping everyone works together to take this guy down.

Someone mentioned last episode that Blackbeard seemed to be going down the floors and I think perhaps his mission has been to use Luffy's break out and riot as a way to free some legendary person deep down in level 6. That was the only floor that wasn't set free after all.
Aug 27, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2016
Ivankov and Inazuma nobly sacrificed themselves to buy everyone enough time to escape but Magellan's caught up to them almost instantly either way. They're finally at Level 2 but Luffy will be needing to fight the venomous warden once again at this rate...

Sep 24, 2020 7:54 AM

Dec 2007
the animation cannot be more consistent? it's not great anyway...

"hair removal fist" that's sound good xD

damn it, who's gonna beat magellan already? ><
May 28, 2021 12:36 PM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... the warden ain't playing games anymore.
Aug 13, 2022 5:49 PM

Dec 2018
absolutely the worst trash i've ever witnessed
Feb 12, 2023 6:23 AM
Feb 2022
No creo que Inazuma, e Ivankov estén muertos, pero habrá que ver como se salvan de esta. Ya llegaron al nivel 1, pero será el mas difícil de escapar.
Jun 14, 2023 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
Nooo Ivanko and Inazuma lose šŸ˜­

Magellan really is unstoppable!!
Jul 8, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Ivankov vs Magellan was funny, Magellan looked so confused whenever Ivankov did something.

What’s the deal with Shiryu, did he decide to join Black Beard?
Nov 16, 2023 4:05 PM

Mar 2017
Damn this Magellan guy is OP as hell. I'm excited to find out how this will all resolve.
Jan 9, 6:16 AM

Dec 2022
Magellan sure is a scary guy. Not sure how Luffy will defeat him.

Jan 28, 10:42 AM

Oct 2019
Well, huh, Ivankov and Inazuma were defeated.

Now it's time for Magellan to be defeated šŸ„°
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:19 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.