MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

What series whould you want to be picked up?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Light Novel Club! »» What series whould you want to be picked up?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
04-24-10, 4:48 PM

What LN series would you like to be licensed?

I'd like To Aru Majutsu no Index, Baccano, Kaze no Stigma, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and Mahou Shoujo Risuka licensed.

05-12-10, 4:17 PM

THE REST OF KINO NO TABI.

But that's not likely to happen, unless someone else decided to pick it up.

I own the first volume of Baccano in Japanese, actually. Maybe Bakemonogatari, as I started reading that one and have heard good things about the anime (which I want to get picked up, since I don't watch fansubs anymore).

I wouldn't mind if Allison got picked up, since it's the author of Kino's Journey, although I've heard mixed things about the anime, maybe the novel is better.

I kinda want Full Metal Panic and Shakugan no Shana to get finished. Spice and Wolf doesn't look like it's stopping yet.

Toradora wouldn't be bad, although when I read it online, I thought a lot of the character interaction felt "forced."

And maybe Another Monster, 'cause I'm such a Monster freak.

That was kinda long . . .

05-29-10, 10:22 AM

Baccano!, for gosh's sake!
90% of Anime is shit, but then, 90% of everything is shit.

06-10-10, 1:44 PM

I agree To aru majutsu no index, Baccano and Toradora!!!! :D

06-19-10, 12:41 AM
Manga Moderator
I wish Baccano! and Durarara!! would be picked up.

Edit: How could I forget Saiunkoku Monogatari? I've been wanting to read it for ages.
Modified by adamantine, 06-19-10, 12:45 AM

06-30-10, 7:48 PM

I'd like to see something that DOESN'T have an anime or manga adaption. This way should it ever get an anime adaption I can truly be excited about something getting animated.

07-01-10, 12:09 PM

@xbandaidx, good point. Unfortunately the fact is that for avoiding money loss, publishers go for recognizable and popular titles. And so it comes to those with adaptation. There are also award winners but I must sadly admit that ,in terms of manga or anime, it's irrelevant reason for picking anime/manga/novel up to majority.

As it comes to my choice I'd like to read Baccano, Drrr ( anime couldn't care a weight of multiple characters, each with own part in story. That's why book seems more captivating to me ) and also Bakemonogatari mostly for hilarious and straight dialogues.

07-01-10, 1:00 PM

Bakemonogatari would be great I think. I'm a fan of Nisioisin so really anything from him would be great.

What you say is true though too unfortunately. Most of the time when I hear of something being "adapted" it usually has me thinking "I never heard of this series before" and that it sucks that most of my introductions to series are the adapted form of it.

I think the majority of the people would agree that the original source (be it a book, manga, or anime, etc) is always considered the best version should there be any adapted versions of it. Just once I'd like to be on the same side of the fence as our Japanese counterparts in being excited about something.

Maybe they should do an anime adaption of Kieli. xD I would LOVE to see that.

07-03-10, 9:02 PM

I'm gonna post an exception to that rule. I heard the ending of Asura Cryin' was terrible, and that the Japanese fans were thrilled that the anime actually had a good ending.

07-13-10, 12:46 PM

ARXLaevatein said:
I'm gonna post an exception to that rule. I heard the ending of Asura Cryin' was terrible, and that the Japanese fans were thrilled that the anime actually had a good ending.

This is because the ending to Asura was messed up because:

As for what I want to be released, I'm going a little away from the current suggestions cause I wouldn't mind seeing a license of Iriya no Sora done, but the chances of that happenning is never unfortunately :(.

07-15-10, 8:22 AM

THIS
Onikiri Nueko

Synopsis: One day a highschooler Kudou Hisashi feels something unusual on his childhood friend Katsuragi Komako. Later he finds out that Komako is an exorcist, together with Nue's spirit she wears strange tattoo all over her body and frees students and teachers who were possesed by demons. Kudou decides to fight along with Komako. They have to defeat 5 demons within a 1 week time limit.

07-15-10, 4:06 PM

MorningGlory said:
THIS
Onikiri Nueko

Synopsis: One day a highschooler Kudou Hisashi feels something unusual on his childhood friend Katsuragi Komako. Later he finds out that Komako is an exorcist, together with Nue's spirit she wears strange tattoo all over her body and frees students and teachers who were possesed by demons. Kudou decides to fight along with Komako. They have to defeat 5 demons within a 1 week time limit.

This I would actually like to see. I love stories that deal with spirits. Many of my higher rated anime/manga that I watch/read are ones that deal with spirits. I don't know why, but it probably has to do with the fact that ones with spirits tend to be a bit more "slice of life" which is the type of stuff I like to read since I find them calming and relaxing. Plus sometimes you get a bit teary-eyed with them if there is a particular spirit that is still bound to the world because of an attachment to something and to see them finally accept it and disappear is great.

However, Onikiri seems more shounen based...

07-20-10, 6:37 PM

Definitely would love to see Baccano or Durarara picked up. Seeing as how it is unlikely to happen though I'll go for the more likely To aru no majutsu index. I think this one might actually have a chance of making it over here. Maybe.

I wouldn't mind seeing onikiri but to be honest I will take anything. There are way too few light novels available and the ones that we do have are often dropped.

I wouldn't mind seeing anything as long as we see a full release. Shakugan no shana and full metal panic are just two of the light novels that will never see an end of day...not like they did any advertising for them.

Actually with the recent license of shakugan no shana season 2 maybe a reemergence of the light novels will occur? maybe? Probably just wishful thinking but still it would be nice.

allison I would love to see considering the anime was so horrible. That may be a bit harsh but the anime was more like an anime for beginners to see how to do certain things. It was extremely disappointing and the light novel is supposed to be a completely different series (for the better).

08-23-10, 1:15 AM

Toradora, Toradora Spinoff, Toaru majutsu no index, Baccano, Another Monster, and Bakemonogatari

08-24-10, 8:02 PM

I'd love to see Baccano, Durarara, Index, and Fate/Zero picked up. Maybe Utsuro no Hako, though these are all wishful thinking...

I can't understand why Baccano won't sell well though. It fits almost perfectly in our culture! Plus, the anime sold pretty well here. Though I think maybe it might be considered generic in our market, whereas it was extremely unique in Japan.

Toradora, I'm thinking, can be marketed pretty well as a teen romance series. Possibly.

09-11-10, 5:40 PM

Ghost Hunt and Saiunkoku Monogatari would have to be my top two that I would love to get licensed. But Ghost Hunt is pretty old so don't think that one will be. =(

Others would have to be Baccano, Bakemonogatari, Durarara, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Kaze no Stigma.

11-20-10, 7:28 PM

I kinda hoping that they pick up some titles that people dont really read like mushi uta or iriya no natsu ufo no sora. Others on my list that i really want to read are still baccano and hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora though since some books are really kinda hard to read in chinese.
Luck comes at the times when you least expect it.

03-23-11, 8:40 AM

Saiunkoku Monogatari! The reason being that i just want to have a hard copy of it (hold it with my very hands), although some kind soul(s) have voluntarily translated it (my utmost gratitude to them).

04-17-11, 1:02 PM

Anything by Nisioisin, I love his writing style

04-19-11, 12:40 PM

Dariru said:
Anything by Nisioisin, I love his writing style

Have you read Zaregoto?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices