Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 10, 2015 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
New opening song, I prefer the first one though this one is also good.

Pretty funny episode. Yui can be annoying at times though.
Jan 13, 2015 7:58 PM

Dec 2014
Already a new opening, okay.
Rather boring episode. The best part was Hinata about to disappear but it was just a tease. Yui's an alright character I guess, but all the terrible jokes were annoying.

2/5
bdsbffJan 14, 2015 8:22 AM
Jan 19, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
As good as last ep was (even though best girl disappeared) this one was shit and felt fillerish.
I hated Yui at first but she's ok I guess.

Also suprisingly I prefered the piano OP to the guitar one.
May 26, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, only just finished One Outs last week and watched this because I thought I couldn't get any different and yet more baseball! lol. Oh well.

Funny episode.

Did Hinata die of a drug overdose? awww. I hope not. Glad he didn't disappear. He was funny with Yui.
Jul 30, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
That villain laugh, Yuri! lmao I also found Yui and Hinata quite funny.

Overall, this was a disappointing episode. Hinata's story was okay, I guess, with the most interesting part being that he possibly overdosed on drugs. But it all felt like a filler episode to me, and in general the comedy was a little too silly for me.

I can't figure out what style of anime it's trying to be... -- 3/5
Aug 5, 2015 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
The girl with the broom was hilarious. It'd be great to see more of her.

TK is my favorite Engrish voice actor.
Aug 23, 2015 1:21 PM
Jun 2014
This anime doesn't mind contradicting itself whenever it wants to be a generic high school anime does it?!
Nov 29, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2013
Aw, I have mixed feelings about this ><" Bright side is we get to keep Hinata for a bit longer <3 but I also wanted him to fulfill his wishes when he was still alive and missed the catch. He was about to be cleansed from regret and sorrow :'(
Nov 30, 2015 11:48 PM

Oct 2015
Todays episode was best till now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The relationship between Yui and Hidegi was very funny. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I thought tht Hidegi would disapear but I felt nice because Yui stopped him frm catching the ball. This made them loose the match but saved Hidegi 's life. I like the episode.
Dec 1, 2015 4:45 AM

Nov 2015
So now we know how one gets disappear .
This was my most favorite angle beats episode so far
I think Angel beats gonna impress me a lot
Well, the kicking,grabbing between hedeki and yui was fun:)
5/5
Dec 1, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
she saved him , nice job the pink devil girl

Dec 11, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
I think that the OP was really good. I just can't imagine Yui exchanging Iwa as vocalist >.< Yui and HInata's fighting moments were funny for me

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Mar 26, 2016 4:30 PM
Dec 2014
Holy shit Yui is hilarious.
Apr 14, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
This was an ok episode, the new pink hair girl is so annoying.
Aug 11, 2016 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
This guy looks like tomoya
Aug 28, 2016 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Eheh, very nice episode.
Yui is so cute *.*
Really thought Hinata was gonna disapear; glad he didn't XD
This show is so awesome and lovely *.*
Sep 28, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
The fangirl is showing and the Hinata x Otonashi ship is growing on me, haha. (:

Not a fan of Yui's character because she's too annoying for me, but I do like her character design. ^
I guess you really are a part of my heart now
Nov 5, 2016 10:07 PM
Jul 2016
Hey, what the hell is going on in this show? I'm going to give this one more episode before I give up on it until I get a reply on what's so good about it. It seems to be really popular, but I don't understand anything appealing about it. It's not funny, the dramatic moments (the robber story, the parent's fighting story, and now the baseball story) feel very contrived and forced, why doesn't Angel just kill them all once they're in school, the characters suck... everything seems to suck so far. Also, do I have to keep listening to them sing in a band throughout the anime?? I might just have to stop watching just because of that.
Jan 1, 2017 1:43 AM
Jan 2016
Does anyone think that Yuri's plan in this episode was kind of pointless? I mean I feel like even if they won the tournament, this probably wouldn't have done anything to Angel.
Jan 30, 2017 3:04 PM

Sep 2016
Honestly im liking the anime so far but one thing that distracts me is the tone, one minute its serious then out of nowhere it gets comedic at the wrong times and throws me out of sync they have to learn when to use it and when not to some good series ive seen do this in the past are clannad,and higurashi but yea 7 more eps ill see where they take it
Facta Non Verba
Apr 30, 2017 1:52 AM

Aug 2007
I guess Hinata failing to disappear was the only unpredictable part of this episode? I was expecting the same formula, and one by one they would disappear.

Other than that, this episode was nothing remarkable.

Aug 10, 2017 7:07 AM

Jul 2017
Last part was scary, thought we was gonna lose Hinata
Aug 16, 2017 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm it's an okay episode I guess. A lot of funny stuff happened and Yui-nyan was cute. The flashback doesn't seem as heavy as previous episodes, seems like he got into drugs and he died overdose or something.

Also, I guess you disappear if you fulfilled the thing you wanna do like the singer girl being able to sing her favorite song to save other people.

Sep 28, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
My least favorite episode so far

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 2, 2017 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
They really had me set up at the end...
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 23, 2017 4:06 PM

Feb 2012
I wished this OP wasn't a one off

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 18, 2018 9:11 PM
Dec 2017
Hinata has sad ending!! and he is not gay
Mar 22, 2018 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
The guitar remixed OP was well done, but with the high pitched vocals, a piano is a better matched for the OP.

So every episode, each SSS member's backstory are revealed. Seems like Hinata died because of a drug? Anyway, it also seems like he doesn't like wannabe-cute hyperactive girls like Yui. Maybe Hinata does actually swing toward guys!?

Otonashi's and Noda's rivalry was pretty amusing.
Yui and Hinata might be a potential couple... Maybe I'll ship them?
ShadowkillZMar 22, 2018 4:58 PM
Apr 1, 2018 7:34 PM
Dec 2017
I'm still trying to figure out why is this anime is so popular. It has a nice soundtrack and funny jokes here and there, but so far it a below average show that confusing as hell. Like what the plot? Right now it comes off as a Slice of life high school anime but they're all dead. I'm going to continue to hang in there and hope future episodes get better.

I just finished the series and came back here to say that I was wrong. The show gets better
TheKoopaKingApr 4, 2018 4:22 PM
Apr 14, 2018 4:24 PM

Jun 2017
They seem to treat the disappearing as a bad thing. But to me it signifies they have moved past their problems and accepted the outcome or got their wish fulfilled or something like that. But yeah, farewells are hard. I think this is going to be bittersweet show.

This episode we got little bit of backstory but didn't really move the story forward. They could have definitely done more on this episode
Aug 10, 2018 3:33 AM

Aug 2014
So far its not bad anime but I expected much more. I hope that I am mistaken but it seems the story is easy to read what is going on... Tenchi is probably not angel but same as other having something to finish that she didn't in real life, same for other NPC. Maybe even Yuri knew Tenshi in real life.

What I like the most are the songs, but I knew them from Youtube much earlier ;]
(ใฅ๏ฟฃ ³๏ฟฃ)ใฅ ใกใ‚…ใฃ ใกใ‚…ใฃ ใ‚ญใ‚น (´๏ฝกโœชωโœช๏ฝก๏ฝ€)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 27, 2018 2:12 PM
Apr 2018
This episode was a bit frustrating: it felt like a filler. The way they incorporated that remix of the op was good.
Jan 3, 2019 7:13 PM

Jun 2015
that remixed opening was cool
Jan 31, 2019 1:19 PM
Apr 2016
Ahhh poor Yui, I find her pretty adorable & cute personally... Hinata almost went off and disappeared (?) Hmm, neat episode, except felt like nearly the entire time it was just them messing around, which was a little dull, for me at least.
Sep 4, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
Nice opening.

Yui is so annoying.

Halberd guy was funny.

I'm glad Hinata did not disappear. This whole episode had that tension of rising chances for Hinata's erasure.
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Feb 8, 2020 5:05 PM

Feb 2019
I like the fact that they didn't go for one obliteration per episode. However, as a result this episode just felt like filler. I mean, what did they achieve?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 22, 2020 9:46 PM

Sep 2018
I thought Hinata will disappear!!! Good thing Yui annoyed him hahah
So.. they will disappear after completing their dreams?
Mar 27, 2020 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
pink haired girl was hilarious lool
Apr 27, 2020 6:51 AM
Sep 2018
Liked the match, that was cool
Jun 14, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2015
Im reminded of how good the dub for this is. Literally one of the very few dubs I have no problems with its all good. Especially Kanade's voice, love it.

Its funny cause the voice for yuri you hear everywhere but I can only think of her as yuri so it works really well here.

Cant wait to get to the parts with more Kanade.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2020 4:32 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
It was nen alright ep but was it a Filler? It feeled like one for me even though I thought that with only 13 eps there would be none.
Also I did not notice any "new information" to the plot.

Nov 1, 2020 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
ok with Maeda's baseball ep out of the way, everything would turn to shit soon right... right???

I actually love this ep the most out of the 4 so far in terms of SoL, even though there's nothing of plot significance here (or is it...?)
Dec 8, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2018
I did not like the new OP at all.
Jan 1, 2021 1:52 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I gotta say, that was one of the best transitions to openings I've seen.
I can't believe their selfish nature prevented the dude from having his resolution.
Jan 11, 2021 6:10 PM

Aug 2017
I never expected a baseball episode in this anime lol. Looks like Hinata didn't disappear after remembering his past, nice.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 16, 2021 9:32 AM
Mar 2020
The comedy in this episode was absolutely awful, same as Yui.

Major step down from last episode, I hope there are no more like this
Mar 5, 2021 5:41 PM

Jan 2020
Worthless episode.
The comedy got really repetitive and it was really annoying in general.
I wouldn't care if Hinata got obliterated or not. Actually it would've been best if he did because that way I don't have to keep hearing this garbage comedy from him.

--Yui's annoying af
--This anime is still boring
Mar 17, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Hah, that opening sequence was so creative, I loved it. It's nice how even the characters note Yui's singning needs work, much like how I prefer the previous voice of the opening to this one.

Hinata clearly had a rough life but it's interesting that absolutely nobody seem to know anything about this connection with baseball. Else why would they even let him play to begin with with the risk to him. Unless they're all assholes or just too dumb to realize it could trigger him much like how it did this episode.

Yui's fun, I like her. Her randomly tackling him right there was weird though, came out of nowhere. If anything I thought Otonashi would just throw the game on purpose so as to not risk it but I guess not. Wonder if there's something more there or it's just plot convenience.

Shiina is very cute.
Jun 16, 2021 4:21 AM

Jul 2019
Nice little flashback of Hinata's time in the real world.

Ok so, baseball game time. But before that, the switch up in the OP was really good LiSA killing it before she became big which reminds me that I was wrong on the ep 3 part with LiSA, will change that up. That wack on the ceiling from Yui too, maybe it is foreshadowing if you know what I mean.

Finding people to join the team, Hisako, TK, and Matsushita all flopped so left with the loveable Yui to join now. The fight between Yui and Hinata was so funny I was just waiting for that comically large spoon to be drawn. With Shiina and Noda, both having beef with Otonashi, when my dude did literally nothing, but I mean, they are both (sussy) bakas lol. Also, another scene that got me, this random (most likely NPC) dude they tried to recruit, irrelevant character but irrelevant characters ftw and something I just thought to point out.

Hinata has another flashback again, I think more is explained in Heaven's Door manga.

Most of this episode focused on the baseball game lol. I don't have much to say but very interesting tournament, then the final boss student council shows up, how everyone in the student council is a good baseball player is beyond me tho. Maybe it was just a collab with the actual baseball team. Also get a lil sneak peek with Vice President.

Hinata's backstory was something too, it was likely he took some drugs after losing, from that dude. I don't think that was the cause of death, and more is explained in Heaven's Door manga iirc. For him to be saved from being obliterated by Yui is kinda ironic too I suppose.

Overall fun little ep. Side comment, comments above mine are really harsh lol.
Jul 22, 2021 9:28 PM

Apr 2021
With every episode I get even more excited...this is definitely gonna be a top 10 in my anime list
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

661 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
52 seconds ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 18, 2010

462 by SanessyAdversary »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 11, 2010

377 by SanessyAdversary »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

564 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1749 by Vapor_AU »»
4 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.