Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2010 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They talk fast.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Apr 22, 2010 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
They do talk very fast and I'm happy that Funi decided to pick this one up.

inb4pretentious
Apr 22, 2010 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
The first episode was pretty different from what I expected.
I was quite suprised that they inserted a whole cycle into just one episode, but it was fun and the fast talking really fit the characters.
To make it short, I loved it...but maybe only because I know the novel, for anybody not knowing where this is going, this episode had to be quite a mindfuck in terms of cramming information into your brain XD
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 22, 2010 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
ESSWHY said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They talk fast.

LOL SRSLY ..... had trouble keeping up with the subs. Interesting show to say the least.
Apr 22, 2010 1:04 PM

Nov 2008
Jesus Christ! They were talking way too fast for me >_<
Apr 22, 2010 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
Can't wait for this being subbed!
Apr 22, 2010 1:40 PM

Nov 2008
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.
Apr 22, 2010 1:47 PM

Dec 2007
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.

Cool. Where?
Apr 22, 2010 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.

Cool. Where?

...On Funimation.com of course.
Apr 22, 2010 1:57 PM

Dec 2007
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.

Cool. Where?

May I ask you how do I watch it there? I can't find it.
Apr 22, 2010 2:01 PM

Mar 2009
Speed-reading agh. Somehow, it didn't make my head hurt the way watching English dubs often does.

Darn cliffhanger. And now I wish the ED was up on youtube or somewhere so I could watch just that without going back to the ad-riffic Funi stream.
Apr 22, 2010 2:30 PM

Jan 2010
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.

Cool. Where?

Just go to funimation.com then click watch videos on the side menu it should be there or click on the ad of the show on the right side of the website
Apr 22, 2010 2:39 PM

Dec 2007
sia79 said:
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.

Cool. Where?

Just go to funimation.com then click watch videos on the side menu it should be there or click on the ad of the show on the right side of the website

I still don't seem to find it. Can someone be kind enough to screenshot? If it's not too much trouble.
Apr 22, 2010 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
Gah, the talking was waaay to fast. I had to pause every time the text changed -____-''

and @ Rarri, http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=4990
Idk if it streams out of the States though. I'm not 100% sure, I heard some people not in the US were having trouble viewing streamed videos on Funi.

Edit:
Wow, this series surely didn't disappoint. I kinda got used to the fast reading half way through but damn, It wastes no time with it's story telling and jut drops you right in the center of it all. I'm looking forward to more. Too bad there are only 11 episodes D:
bendomolenaApr 22, 2010 6:06 PM
Apr 22, 2010 3:04 PM

Dec 2007
bendomolena said:
Gah, the talking was waaay to fast. I had to pause every time the text changed -____-''

Idk if it streams out of the States though. I'm not 100% sure, I heard some people not in the US were having trouble viewing streamed videos on Funi.

It's brings me to the same page as before.

I think you can't watch it if you don't live in the States.

Oh well, waiting for other subs then.
Apr 22, 2010 3:20 PM

Apr 2008
rarri said:
sia79 said:
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:
rarri said:

...It's already subbed.

Cool. Where?

I still don't seem to find it. Can someone be kind enough to screenshot? If it's not too much trouble.

Yeesh. Here:
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=4990
Apr 22, 2010 3:21 PM

Apr 2008
rarri said:
bendomolena said:

It's brings me to the same page as before.

I think you can't watch it if you don't live in the States.

Oh well, waiting for other subs then.

Oh wow. I forgot about that. Yeah you can't watch it if you aren't in the US...:/ now that blows!
Apr 22, 2010 3:35 PM

Jun 2009
For those who can't stream it, lrn2proxy.
Apr 22, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2008
I live in the States and I could be watching this via Funi's streaming, but I'd rather wait for a nice HD rip.

Hopefully one will be popping up soon...
Apr 22, 2010 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this has the opposite problem of House of Five Leaves in which their scenario is very slow, this one is like Speed Racer talking with animation on the highest level of crack ever. Not like that's a problem for me as I have always been a fast reader but for those who aren't particularly keen on fast talking, I bet they can't wait for this to be dubbed.

As for the episode itself, I really liked it. But then again, with all the positive aspects and well-known people behind this, it was almost a guarantee that I would like it (Director of Kaiba=Instant win). I admit that I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on though. I mean, this is beyond Angel Beats' first episode. This is like dropping you in the middle but like, not even the middle. It's "here's the premise. Deal with it. We're gonna talk fast."

I honestly like all four of the main characters introduced so far, but Ozu and Akashi-san are my favorites. Ozu because he's so very a clearly evil little bastard and Akashi because she seems cool and can shoot lasers out of her eyes.

Normally, I don't do this but I'm already giving this a 9/10 because everything worked for me. (Fireworks scene was hilarious. "That river is damn shallow!")

I love Spring 2010 season!

EDIT: AKFG doing OP is epic hell yes, win. It's a catchy beat too.
ED is trippy and also has a catchy beat.

EDIT2: Damn this is only 11 episodes!??
garfield15Apr 22, 2010 4:27 PM
Apr 22, 2010 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
And here I was thinking SHAFT had odd animation...
Apr 22, 2010 4:49 PM

Dec 2008
ReaperEXE said:
And here I was thinking SHAFT had odd animation...

SHAFT is rather bland compared to stuff directed by Yuasa, Madhouse's best, Studio 4°C, Gainax, etc.
Apr 22, 2010 5:07 PM

Jan 2010
Holy fuck, just watching 5 seconds of this makes me want to crack open a PBR and put on my thick rimmed glasses.

So pretentious I nearly died.
Ok™
Apr 22, 2010 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
HELL YES YOU'RE THE BEST ANIME SEASON EVER

13 seconds and I was already shitting bricks.

Looking at the highly expressive visuals, the lack of background music and the fast-paced narrative style, I think this is somewhat similar to other Yuasa works regarding style and context only. Still, it's awesome, it's not like I'm complaining.

Content-wise I'm pleasantly surprised. While in Kaiba the characters lost their shine on the second half (imo), I have the feeling that the characters on Yojouhan will be a strong point. Found myself smiling many times during the episode, the first time when we get to know that "Watashi" was a professional cockblocker, lol. And then at Ozu's antics, Akashi's "cold" attitude, etc...

Anyway, the episode was very funny and thoughtful at the same time. Especially if you too, pursued that "rose-colored campus life" during your freshman days.

I, for one, love this show.
CanopusApr 23, 2010 7:07 AM
Apr 22, 2010 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
Yes, this anime is definitely fast, but to my surprise, I can catch up with what they are saying (maybe because I've been doing JLPT Lv.1 listening?).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 22, 2010 9:00 PM

Dec 2008
Alright, couldn't wait. Watched it on Funi. Yep... Best anime of the year so far, easily.
Apr 22, 2010 9:06 PM

Dec 2007
Perfect outro!

Definitely not my sort of series, but good episode/directing nonetheless. Yuasa Masaaki bringing the originality yet again.
DunkyApr 22, 2010 9:10 PM
Apr 22, 2010 10:16 PM

Jul 2009
I actually only watched the first couple minutes, just to see.

And I live in Canada and Funi's streams worked so, idk. I also saw no ads in that 5 min (I have ABP idk).
So I went back to see if funi still let me watch it, and now they don't. Was it just a fuck up that I was able to watch the stream?

But yea, I am waiting to watch it HD before I actually watch it all. I just wanted to be a dick and start the topic because funny to me.