Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2008 11:08 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Doug and Kurau's escape seemed almost too easy. Especially considering the fact that they managed to walk away from the GPO parked right across the street from where they exited the subway. Still, it was an OK episode as a lead in to the next.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Mar 28, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
tainteddonut said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Doug and Kurau's escape seemed almost too easy. Especially considering the fact that they managed to walk away from the GPO parked right across the street from where they exited the subway. Still, it was an OK episode as a lead in to the next.

yeah i think that too.

it was a pretty descent episode , and awful what happen to the other Rynax.
May 31, 2021 3:50 PM

Mar 2010
Man its disgusting at what the plants and GPO is doing. Idk if the backstory of Ayako is supposed to help us understand her but I just want to punch her in the face when shes on the screen lol
Aug 28, 2021 6:55 PM

Jun 2016
Many Rynax were killed... I wonder what that process entails and the details surrounding it are.

If humanity has built a base on the Moon to conduct research, how come Amami doesn't have a robot arm yet. It looks out of place.

Apr 22, 8:39 PM

Sep 2018
as we've all just seen, damn if the underlying premise of this show isn't dark a.f. i mean they even straight-up call them sapiens (a Latin word meaning "one who knows"), acknowledging their sentience, while nonchalantly enslaving them for as crude and base a purpose as to generate electricity, which they also acknowledge they don't really need (review the comments about Blue Energy vs Rynax Energy in the last episode). when the rynax sapiens start to get uppity, they execute them en mass and calmly dismiss it as a reactor safety procedure. bleak.

in other thoughts, i don't dislike it but this show's kind of a mess sometimes. Kurau's really powerful until she's not, usually when they need to move the plot along and score some points for the Bad Guys. i still don't understand Ayaka's motivations unless she's just dumb as hell and The Consiprators really did convince her that the rynax killed her family or something. a lot of the Sci-Fi side of the story is incredibly by-the-numbers: secret moonbases, secret government research, deep-cover conspiracies, cold agents working hard for calculating agencies, etc. what makes it interesting to me is the character dynamics: Doug & Ayaka, Kurau & Christmas.

the core axis of this show is family. everything revolves around it in one aspect or another.

More topics from this board

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 11 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 11, 2008

5 by AshRayKay »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 9 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 9, 2008

5 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 21, 9:31 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 7, 2008

7 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 19, 10:12 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 7 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 6, 2008

6 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 18, 7:33 PM

Poll: » KURAU Phantom Memory Episode 6 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 5, 2008

3 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 16, 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.