Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 12, 2020 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
My favorite episode so far. Nanami is OP af and i do hope she joins them on the swords hunt.
Aug 9, 2020 2:43 PM
Apr 2016
Nanami is too overpowered IMO but i loved the comments she made to each member of the bugsquad while she was beating their asses or while she was torturing the first one he defeated, she made me laugh a few times xD
Sep 9, 2020 1:37 AM

Sep 2018
I'm worried for the sister when Shichika left her but seeing this episode.. she's amazing!! She's OP and I love it!

I expect good fight with Sabi though, he looks cool with his umbrella and Shichika defeated him??! With no action seen >,<
Sep 13, 2020 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
I guess a lot of people were worried if Nanami would be fine after they left the island. I really thought she's sick and has a weak body, what also got mentioned in the first episode. But that got me off guard.

Imagine being so talented and strong, you just learn something by oberserve it 1 or 2 times. I still can't believe it. She ripped off Shichikas nails just because he was chewing on them and he didn't want to stop with it. OMFG. Nanami is definitely a very intimidating person. I almost felt bad for the Maniwa guys. I could be wrong but I almost don't think that there's anyone or anything stronger than her.

I was also looking forward to Shichikas fight against Sabi. Sad that we didn't get to see anything of it. But at least they were able to defeat him and got his sword.

Dec 1, 2020 5:21 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This is the first episode that I voted "Loved". Usually I vote "Liked" but this one was off the hook! Like above posters, I was worried about little sister...lol. If I was an evil bandit, I would probably be in the Insect Squad. That made me smile for the whole episode.... I also liked the Butterfly's intended wife. She was very ........ festive looking. Good series and having fun just binging a few episodes at a time!
Dec 13, 2020 3:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I'm not the biggest fan of superpowered yandere imoutous, but I like non-stop talking in the middle of battles plucky shounen dudes even less. Well done Manami! Look forward to seeing her interact with her brother a bit more.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
WAITWAITWAIT THEY REALLY DIDNT SHOW THE BATTLE? they're gonna show it next ep right? RIGHT? i want to see..
overall this anime's really enjoyable so far
Mar 22, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
At this point I believe that Nanami is one of the Shikizaki Kiki's sword, as it stated by Sabi Hakuhei's last word: "Kyoutouryuu is Shikizaki Kiki's remnant and it holds his lineage". So, probably Shichika had to face his sister at the end of the series....
Dealka97Mar 25, 2021 9:17 AM
Jul 8, 2021 4:44 AM
Sep 2018
This episode is the biggest troll I’ve ever seen in an anime. They even had to dig it in with describing all the cool moves from Sabi. 10/10 so far.
Sep 20, 2021 5:42 PM
Oct 2020
was the best episode so far, Nanami just fantastic, don't mess with her if it's not certain death. I really liked her.
Dec 2, 2021 10:21 AM

Jun 2020
HAHAHA!!! Sabi Hakuhei got f**ked by Shichika and we got mind f**ked by the show makers! Troll Troll all the way.

PS: Nanami was awesome though. Poor Maniwani Isect Squad

Jun 11, 2022 11:00 AM

Dec 2019
God f*ck I just wanted beat the shit out of Yasuri, very sad the didn't even bother negotiating and straight up murdered the 3 insects, author really tried their best to make her hateable.
Jul 4, 2022 5:53 AM
Aug 2014
I really loved every second of this episode * - *
Jul 20, 2022 2:36 AM

Aug 2019
The irony of being baited but still enjoying this ep the most so far

Aug 22, 2022 3:51 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait wtf, did they actually just do that?? They hyped up a fight only to not show it and instead just spend like five minutes talking about it. I wonder if this is a complete troll, or if they're just playing with us for now and will actually give us the fight against JAPAN'S STRONGEST at the start of the next episode or whatever. However if that's not the case and that the preview at the end of episode 3 was a total lie, well I don't know whether to respect the balls they have for this major troll, or to just be downright pissed. Maybe a bit of both.

That said, I still enjoyed this episode pretty much as much as the last ones, mainly because of the reveal of how it's actually Nanami who truly is Japan's strongest. In that case, I do actually like the bait and switch. Because they tell us in the episode preview that the next episode will be a fight against Japan's strongest, but I don't think they specifically tell us it will be against Sabi. So they actually stayed true to their word, because it actually was indeed a fight against Japan's strongest, which is actually Nanami. And man she's freaking brutal. The standout moment for me easily was her using the bee maniwani's caltrop against him, but instead adding the mantis maniwani's molar poison to it.

I thought they were dragging out this insect maniwani squad part for too long, but once the encounter with Nanami started, I was instead dragged IN to it all and didn't even realize that eventually there wasn't enough time to show the Sabi fight- which of course they never do. I gotta say that blue balling us certainly has kind of ruined my view on this series, but at the same time everything with Nanami was just so good so it in the end sort of balances out. Please no more blue-balling though. I need to find out whether it's actually like this in the light novels (where they just sit and talk and describe the fight as opposed to writing out the fight in real time) or if the acclaimed studio that is White Fox just didn't feel like handling what would've been such an epic fight. If it's the latter case, then that's just sad. Again though, at the end of the day it's no biggie, because I still enjoyed this episode. On to the next one I guess.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 5, 2022 11:42 AM
Oct 2019
This has so far been the best episode. I loved watching Nanami fight.
Main Candy:

Bonus Candy:

Jan 18, 2023 10:45 AM
Apr 2021
extremely repetitive, like the rest of the episodes, I got bored, i quit
Jan 24, 2023 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
Nanami became my favorite character as quickly as she learns new techniques lol

Skipping the fight against "the strongest of Japan" is straight up genius as well. That guy was a fodder, no need to pay him any attention.
Apr 9, 2023 3:42 PM

Jul 2015
The conclusion was a bit weird, but overall, good episode. Nanani was a badass
Aug 13, 2023 10:05 AM

Mar 2023
I see why it is the same VA as Rena from Higurashi
Apr 22, 6:30 AM
Oct 2020
absolutely loved it
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
3 hours ago

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.