Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (157) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2012 11:59 AM
Jul 2011
thanks~
Mar 6, 2012 9:22 AM

Oct 2011
Hello :)
I desperately need help/advice, I hope this is the right place to ask for it :)
I'm trying to make a profile design for the first time, and I'm having some problems, so I would like to know if it's a common thing (in that case I'll have to give up on what I planned already) or I'm missing something :)
Anyway, let's say that I want to have several gifs there, and I need them to start at the same time. I've just tried it, I put two of them there and several unexpected things happened.
When I checked the profile for the first time after updating, there they were, changing at the same time for a while, but then the second one slowed down for a bit, so they were 'out of sync'. Then, when they reached 'the end', the first one continued (they're both set to repeat indefinitely), but the second one eventually stopped moving when it reached the end, and then it stayed on the last picture :/
When I checked the box after that, it turned out that there was only one link, and I put two. I tried to save both of them several times, but only one would be visible after saving.
And then I tried putting the same link for the same gif twice, just to see what happens - it showed just one line after saving, again, but on the profile they were both synced perfectly - but I don't need the same gif repeated :D
So, is there anything that I can do about it? :)
Mar 6, 2012 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
I desperately need help/advice, I hope this is the right place to ask for it :)
I'm trying to make a profile design for the first time, and I'm having some problems, so I would like to know if it's a common thing (in that case I'll have to give up on what I planned already) or I'm missing something :)
Anyway, let's say that I want to have several gifs there, and I need them to start at the same time. I've just tried it, I put two of them there and several unexpected things happened.
When I checked the profile for the first time after updating, there they were, changing at the same time for a while, but then the second one slowed down for a bit, so they were 'out of sync'. Then, when they reached 'the end', the first one continued (they're both set to repeat indefinitely), but the second one eventually stopped moving when it reached the end, and then it stayed on the last picture :/
When I checked the box after that, it turned out that there was only one link, and I put two. I tried to save both of them several times, but only one would be visible after saving.
And then I tried putting the same link for the same gif twice, just to see what happens - it showed just one line after saving, again, but on the profile they were both synced perfectly - but I don't need the same gif repeated :D
So, is there anything that I can do about it? :)

I know all about making GIF layouts (see my profile), so if you just post the entire BBcode here in the thread I can examine how the profile layout turned out and tell you what to do.
Mar 6, 2012 11:10 AM

Oct 2011
Thank you, but I just wanted to try it out, I haven't made the profile yet, I have to know what can and can't be done before I really start working on it :)
I just used so they would be side by side, and, like I said, it was fine with the same gif, but it started being messy when they were different :/

Another question - is it possible to...how to explain.. Post a bunch of photos on a host site, and then do 'something' with the code here so they would make a gif directly on the profile? :) I really don't know how to explain it, I'll try again if this is unclear :)
I've read about it somewhere, but I can't find it now :/
Mar 6, 2012 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
@ Shinobi_no_rei
Probably it meant you should post those gifs, maybe the reason is in the pics not in the code.

If you mean to dynamically swap images via BB-code, this is impossible.
Mar 6, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
If that's what Shishio-kun meant, I would gladly send them in a message, I don't want them posted in public before my profile is done :shy: :)

I just know that I read something about it somewhere, and it seemed kind of strange, but that would solve some of my problems (gifs being low quality, for example), so I had to ask :)
Mar 6, 2012 1:40 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
If that's what Shishio-kun meant, I would gladly send them in a message, I don't want them posted in public before my profile is done :shy: :)

I just know that I read something about it somewhere, and it seemed kind of strange, but that would solve some of my problems (gifs being low quality, for example), so I had to ask :)

It would be way easier to answer the questions if I could see what did so far here, but if thats how you feel just send me the profile as far as you got in a PM then please.
Mar 6, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2011
Yay, thank you :D
Sending now :)
Mar 8, 2012 11:04 PM

Oct 2011
I spent all morning editing my list (without knowing CSS...) and I'm almost done. Just one question: why the hell my image of "currently watching" isn't visible (look at bold link)?

Mar 8, 2012 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
@ Idan

The reason just lies two lines below:
.header_cw{
background-image: url(http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7205/naglwatching.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width:[imagewidth]px;
height:[imageheight]px;

}

changing lines in bold to:
width:690px;
height:100px;

will make pic appear
Mar 9, 2012 5:20 AM

Oct 2011
Oh, thank you very much!
Mar 11, 2012 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
I was thinking if it was possible to put a gif image of dialogues, as if the character was talking with talking balloons in the list

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SoulToxin
SoulToxinMar 11, 2012 11:29 AM
Mar 11, 2012 1:43 PM

Feb 2010
SoulToxin said:
I was thinking if it was possible to put a gif image of dialogues, as if the character was talking with talking balloons in the list

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SoulToxin

I do something like this and there are many different ways to add such an effect. Best way is you just have to add the background image with the talking balloons to something that overlays the character you want to have the balloons with. Or you can add the balloons to the original background image with the character.

I use a GIF for balloons on my layout, which is an animated image. I use an overlay cuz you get better quality and less load times separating the balloons from the renders/backgrounds. My layout already can load slow as it is lol.

What character did you want to have talking- C.C. in the header? I can think of a couple ways you can add words with her, and it can be done with the girl in the background as well. Also how many balloons did you want to add, and do you want it to change by category page like mine or be the same on all pages?
Mar 11, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2011
I was thinking on having the girl in the background saying the same thing on all pages and C.C. saying things differently on each page, as a way of welcoming, if you know what i mean.
Although I don't know if doing this is possible :s
Mar 11, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
SoulToxin said:
I was thinking on having the girl in the background saying the same thing on all pages and C.C. saying things differently on each page, as a way of welcoming, if you know what i mean.
Although I don't know if doing this is possible :s

Would it be animated? Like this: http://ihostimages.x10.mx/images/A3cqaWLYgXjCs4.gif
Mar 11, 2012 4:27 PM

Jun 2011
yea :), like that one
Mar 11, 2012 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
Yes it is possible. OK, the background chick can be given a text bubble with a section you don't use so it will be easy to apply. You just have to make the bubbles with text. Use Jasc Animation shop or another program you have to make GIFs. You can use my bubbles as a template and then edit it if you want. Once you make the bubble I'll give you a code to put it in that section, but I need to see the bubble you make first for size consideration.

C.C. on the other hand, is all different- you should redo the header so the title "SoulToxin's anime list" is on the left of her. You'd have to give her a little more room on the left too for that. After that, you can make the bubbles for her, and they will be coming from the right of her. This way you get room for her text bubbles and they won't overlap anything. After you make the bubbles for her, I'll make you the code to fit the bubbles you make into the layout for all the different categories.

Also to have text bubbles that change from category to category like mine, you lose "Show all" anime or else the bubbles get jumbled on that page.

If I were you I just make the text bubble for the background girl and post it here, then I'll code it so it fits in your layout. Then you can do the rest later with C.C. and you'll have a good idea of how it will look on the list.
Mar 12, 2012 6:07 AM

Jun 2011
I'm trying to remove the "Show All" image, but strange things happen when I do

Do you know how? :s
Sorry if I'm asking a lot of things
SoulToxinMar 12, 2012 6:10 AM
Mar 12, 2012 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
#list_surround .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {display:none}
Mar 12, 2012 6:31 AM
Jul 2011
How create random background image?
Mar 12, 2012 6:38 AM

Jun 2011
There should be a changing url out there somwhere ill take a quick look
Mar 12, 2012 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
@ aisuuw
You'll need PHP for that kind of magic. (JavaScript will also do, but you can't use it here on MAL)
Or you can change the image manually on some direct-link service like DropBox, which is probably not what you want.

Currently there is no wai to do it with pure CSS.
Mar 12, 2012 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
Thanks VeriTi :D
Mar 12, 2012 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
For now I think I'll just leave a simple presentation balloon

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BcIB7ScBnCw/T15lZfSWlPI/AAAAAAAAANU/hiDbHQhGFUY/s275/Animation1.gif

what do you think?
Mar 17, 2012 6:24 PM

Jul 2010
Edit:
Problem solved, but another problem bothers you, there is a possibility of removing "All Anime" category bar?
My List

If anyone can help me, I appreciate it. (Sorry for my bad english. I'm translating with the help of the Google Translator.)
insMar 17, 2012 11:09 PM
~
Mar 18, 2012 1:00 AM

Feb 2010
.status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
display:none;
}

This will remove the link from all your category pages..
Mar 18, 2012 3:35 AM

Jul 2010
Shishio-kun said:
.status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
display:none;
}

This will remove the link from all your category pages..

Looking at the code, I would never be able to remove it yourself. o.o
Thank you very much! :)
~
Mar 18, 2012 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
Can someone tell why the text in the list not visible ? is it because of background ?
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/TrOjAnHoRsE

And did i mess anything in my animelist .
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TrOjAnHoRsE

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ - is this helpfull ?

Thank you in advance.
Mar 18, 2012 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
@ TrOjAnHoRse
opacity + light colors + no background behind text = unreadable mess.
Consider using background-color: rgba(); for .td1 & .td2 as well as removing opacity at all.

I have already said, but probably if I post a pic of how it looks for me it will be more clear:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24578589/trojanhorse.png

Validator checks your code for being standard compliant. It can be used for finding some code mistakes like non-existent property, but it will also discard any browser-specific code and many css 'hacks'. So use it only if you care about that stuff.
Mar 18, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
TrOjAnHoRsE said:

And did i mess anything in my animelist .
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TrOjAnHoRsE

The picture is way too small for 1920x1080, so it doesn't fit (see VeriTi's picture). You using 720p display, or something? You've just created it to fit your own display. You should think of other people as well. Either make the picture go side by side or make it cover the whole display. :P
Also, please use a different background or change the color of the anime title text, 'cause it's hard to see and really annoying when the dark blend. You can't even see the copyright text in the bottom, which MUST be visible, from what I know, else you'll get banned (or maybe that just counts if you completely remove it from the list).

Besides from all that I think it looks pretty cool, and I like the idea, but it's hard to see things, as mentioned.
Mar 18, 2012 11:09 AM

Feb 2010
Rodness said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:

You can't even see the copyright text in the bottom, which MUST be visible, from what I know, else you'll get banned

(or maybe that just counts if you completely remove it from the list).

They ban you? lol.. I thought they just deleted your list!

btw because the wording is something like "don't hide this" I'm sure leaving the copyright text unreadable counts as 'hiding'. Man that would suck if you accidentally hid it in some obscure browser and didn't know lol. Like some mod using IE6.
Mar 18, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
Shishio-kun said:
Rodness said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:

You can't even see the copyright text in the bottom, which MUST be visible, from what I know, else you'll get banned

(or maybe that just counts if you completely remove it from the list).

They ban you? lol.. I thought they just deleted your list!

btw because the wording is something like "don't hide this" I'm sure leaving the copyright text unreadable counts as 'hiding'. Man that would suck if you accidentally hid it in some obscure browser and didn't know lol. Like some mod using IE6.

Oh, yeah, maybe they just delete your list. I just remember that the punishment was ruthless, haha. xD
Mar 24, 2012 12:46 PM

Oct 2011
I've made a profile layout with a bunch of gifs, but there is one thing that I don't understand. Sometimes, one of the gifs stops when it reaches the end. I've mentioned a similar problem before, but the profile wasn't posted then.
I'm using Google Chrome and it's the browser that's making problems. When I go to my profile on Mozilla it's always ok, everything is working properly. I asked some people, on their computers it's working both on Chrome and on Mozilla, so it looks like my Chrome is the only problem. But then again, if mine is having problems with looping gifs, there is a possibility that there are others with the same weird Chrome, so to them it'll look like there's something wrong with my gifs :/
So, does anyone know what might be causing the problem and how common it might be? :)
Mar 25, 2012 7:42 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
I've made a profile layout with a bunch of gifs, but there is one thing that I don't understand. Sometimes, one of the gifs stops when it reaches the end. I've mentioned a similar problem before, but the profile wasn't posted then.
I'm using Google Chrome and it's the browser that's making problems. When I go to my profile on Mozilla it's always ok, everything is working properly. I asked some people, on their computers it's working both on Chrome and on Mozilla, so it looks like my Chrome is the only problem. But then again, if mine is having problems with looping gifs, there is a possibility that there are others with the same weird Chrome, so to them it'll look like there's something wrong with my gifs :/
So, does anyone know what might be causing the problem and how common it might be? :)

Have you actually seen it stop looping in Chrome with your own eyes? Cuz sometimes people stop the loading of the GIFs with X and they might stop abruptly.

This is not a common problem, I only see something like this once in a great while because of theories I listed in my guess below. I never seen the problem on yours after three viewings, btw. So I think its rare.

My guess:
A poor or wireless connection might occasionally stutter, and stop loading them, then cause the GIFs to stop looping when that happens. Using something like Bitorrent might also take away from their internet and cause it to stutter loading too (not sure tho). They aren't very big but they're real long gifs and will take a lot of time to load all the frames. A lot of traffic on the site you uploaded them could cause their server load time to stutter and stop a gif from loading completely, ending it prematurely for the viewer. Also I'm not sure but there's a possibility their browser can only cache so much at once, and it might stop short for them or even yourself.

You uploaded the GIFs to Photobucket, a bad move for a profile with so much loading time, cuz they have a lot of traffic and if you exceed your monthly bandwidth I believe they block your images altogether from being hotlinked hence those imfamous "exceeded bandwidth" things.

The only solutions I can think of is for those people to get a better connection, cut down on the number of frames, and if you get your pics blocked by Photobucket you can move them to Tinypic where there's no limit. But I don't think any of this is actually necessary, since it loads fine for me, I never saw any problems even in Chrome, and all the GIFs are set to loop. I think its just circumstantial. I would just leave it alone and not worry unless its reported to you as an excessive problem or you see it with your own eyes a lot.
Mar 26, 2012 6:00 AM

Oct 2011
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear :)
I'm the one that sees it all the time :) Others told me it's fine for them on both browsers, they say the gifs are looping constantly, but my Chrome is the one that's having problems. And the only gifs that are affected are the scythe-wielding chibi that flies from one side to the other and the two gifs below it, those likes and dislikes :) So I guess it's not because of their size (or length, at least when it comes to that chibi, it's really short), they're much smaller than other gifs (and other gifs are always looping, even for me)
They don't stop in the middle or something like that, they always reach the end and then they stop. Sometimes they remain like that even when I reload the page. Sometimes it's just one of them and sometimes all three just stop. And it's not happening all the time, but it's very often :/

And my internet speed is decent, or at least it's faster than the speed of some of the people I've mentioned, people that don't have problems with those gifs on their browsers.
But since it's rare, I guess I should try not to worry :) It's just that I guess there are people who have the same problems, and to them my profile would look weird, when some of the gifs stop.

About the Photobucket/Tinypic: I wanted to open an account on Tinypic, but it just re-directed me to Photobucket, that's why I put them there. Can I even have an account on Tinypic? I've uploaded a couple of photos to Tinypic before, but I haven't seen anything like albums or privacy settings then, that's why I went to Photobucket when I created an account.
Mar 26, 2012 12:56 PM
Feb 2008
Hi everyone =) Got some problems with my list

1. The copyright at the bottom isn't showing anymore. I didn't change the code - I think - it just vanished =(

2. I don't know how to change the border of my list at the left side. I want it to be the same as on the right.

3. The field in the header "#", you know for the numbers, I only want the border at the bottom and on the left, but it doesn't change whatever I do.

4. The word "tags" in the header I want it to have the same size as the other headlines ...

Hope anyone can help
Mar 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear :)
I'm the one that sees it all the time :) Others told me it's fine for them on both browsers, they say the gifs are looping constantly, but my Chrome is the one that's having problems. And the only gifs that are affected are the scythe-wielding chibi that flies from one side to the other and the two gifs below it, those likes and dislikes :) So I guess it's not because of their size (or length, at least when it comes to that chibi, it's really short), they're much smaller than other gifs (and other gifs are always looping, even for me)
They don't stop in the middle or something like that, they always reach the end and then they stop. Sometimes they remain like that even when I reload the page. Sometimes it's just one of them and sometimes all three just stop. And it's not happening all the time, but it's very often :/

And my internet speed is decent, or at least it's faster than the speed of some of the people I've mentioned, people that don't have problems with those gifs on their browsers.
But since it's rare, I guess I should try not to worry :) It's just that I guess there are people who have the same problems, and to them my profile would look weird, when some of the gifs stop.

About the Photobucket/Tinypic: I wanted to open an account on Tinypic, but it just re-directed me to Photobucket, that's why I put them there. Can I even have an account on Tinypic? I've uploaded a couple of photos to Tinypic before, but I haven't seen anything like albums or privacy settings then, that's why I went to Photobucket when I created an account.

I noticed the problem too in Chrome. I can't think of any way to prevent that. I don't think now it has much to do with internet speed tho. Maybe the best thing to do is to just reupload them, since the others don't have this problem. Thats what I would do!

Oh you know what I contacted Tinypic today about my own account and they said they don't allow people to make accounts anymore! You don't want to use Tinypic without an account. So I guess you're stuck with Photobucket, but you can try Imageshack and other sites we recommend like http://ihostimages.x10.mx/
Mar 27, 2012 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
Caydra said:
Hi everyone =) Got some problems with my list

1. The copyright at the bottom isn't showing anymore. I didn't change the code - I think - it just vanished =(

2. I don't know how to change the border of my list at the left side. I want it to be the same as on the right.

3. The field in the header "#", you know for the numbers, I only want the border at the bottom and on the left, but it doesn't change whatever I do.

4. The word "tags" in the header I want it to have the same size as the other headlines ...

Hope anyone can help

1. I can see the Copyright, its just missing any kind of image customization.

2. Add to bottom, this is your new left side border control code (you can adjust the px amount):
.td1:nth-of-type(1), .td2:nth-of-type(1) {
border-left: 6px solid #F8F4E8 !important;
}

3. After you add the above codes, the borders all match so you might not need this but the code and there's a custom image in there so I can't really seem to affect this spot's borders but this custom image lets the borders match up anyhow.

4. It looks like it has the same size font atm, but if you want it to have the exact same font so it matches better add this to bottom:

td.table_header:nth-of-type(5) {
font-family: calibri;
}
Mar 27, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
Shishio-kun said:

I noticed the problem too in Chrome. I can't think of any way to prevent that. I don't think now it has much to do with internet speed tho. Maybe the best thing to do is to just reupload them, since the others don't have this problem. Thats what I would do!

Oh you know what I contacted Tinypic today about my own account and they said they don't allow people to make accounts anymore! You don't want to use Tinypic without an account. So I guess you're stuck with Photobucket, but you can try Imageshack and other sites we recommend like http://ihostimages.x10.mx/

You mean problems with Chrome in general or problems with my gifs specifically? :)
Sniff, sniff, so I can't go there :/ Oh well, I'll try the one you posted and see how it goes :)
Thank you :)
Mar 28, 2012 5:14 PM

Jan 2010
Hi!~ :3
(Awesome club xD)

Some of the pictures have disappeared from my anime list layout, i wanted to ask how to get them to show again? :)

Also, for the "Custom anime/vocaloid icons for your desktop" , will you be making any boy version icons?
Mar 28, 2012 8:13 PM

Feb 2010
The fix is at the bottom of the first post, under Header Fix, its just a simple code you add to the bottom of your CSS:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=170964&show=0

I don't like male icons and I won't be making any more icons for a while probably, but you can make your own from the tutorial at the bottom of the post. If you post a link to a pic you'd like to have as ico in that Custom Icons thread I can look into making it one for you sometime, its not too hard to do that.
Apr 1, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
I'm having some problems with my new layout, it's far from being finished but I'm having problems with the category links, tried to do something with them like on Shihio-kun's new anime list but just with the category links and with it on bottom instead of top but I can't adjust the back ground image and the other problem is when go to complete anime the copyrights and part of the table stay behind the category links even if I scroll it down, then tried to add some margin but it still hiding part of the table and copyrights. I'm having the same problem on both anime and manga list.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Miketsukami
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Miketsukami
Apr 1, 2012 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
@ Miketsukami

Not sure what you mean by background-image, but if my guess is correct then you had forgot to implement some parts of Shishio-kun's logic of this navibar. You may try to use background-position, this should be simpler solution.
Apr 1, 2012 11:27 AM

Feb 2010
Miketsukami said:
I'm having some problems with my new layout, it's far from being finished but I'm having problems with the category links, tried to do something with them like on Shihio-kun's new anime list but just with the category links and with it on bottom instead of top but I can't adjust the back ground image and the other problem is when go to complete anime the copyrights and part of the table stay behind the category links even if I scroll it down, then tried to add some margin but it still hiding part of the table and copyrights. I'm having the same problem on both anime and manga list.

Try adding
padding-bottom: 200px !important;
to copyright section, it'll have the space it needs to pop up from behind the menu.
Apr 1, 2012 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
Miketsukami said:

Ok by background image:

The header on the side of your list covers up the list on smaller resolutions! You can fix this by adjusting Z-index, the property that controls how far and close stuff is. Like add
Z-index: -1 !important;
to your headers so it goes behind the list.

Does that cover the background issue or is there something else you're going for?
Apr 1, 2012 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
Hello again :)

Something happened to my anime list :/ Since yesterday, the titles are almost unreadable :/

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shinobi_no_rei

I thought it's my browser's fault again, but a couple of people told me that they see it too, and I have absolutely no idea what happened o.O
The grey letters are fine, but the bright/dark red ones have changed.
When I select the text, it looks normal, it's not like the letters have really changed, their shape is normal.

Any advice? :)
Apr 1, 2012 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
VeriTi said:
Not sure what you mean by background-image, but if my guess is correct then you had forgot to implement some parts of Shishio-kun's logic of this navibar. You may try to use background-position, this should be simpler solution.

Thanks it worked well, the image is showing who it it should, now just have to fex the links since they disappeared after ajust the background image.

Shishio-kun said:
Try adding
padding-bottom: 200px !important;
to copyright section, it'll have the space it needs to pop up from behind the menu.

Ok by background image:

The header on the side of your list covers up the list on smaller resolutions! You can fix this by adjusting Z-index, the property that controls how far and close stuff is. Like add
Z-index: -1 !important;
to your headers so it goes behind the list.

Does that cover the background issue or is there something else you're going for?

Thanks the table and copyright is showing properly now.
Buy by background image I was trying to say the image on the navibar, I used a single image for all the category links but since I usually do one image for each of them I'm not used on using a single image, it's showing now but the category links disappeared.

The image seems a little strange since I put Set up,Ready, Standby, Sealing Mode and Load Cartridge insted of the old boring watching/reading, complete... the idea was to make a Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha themed list, Fate (anime list) and Nanoha (manga list) respectively, so I thought it would be interesting to use some terms from the series instead of the usual links.

@Shinobi_no_rei: Your list seems normal to me, maybe it's really browser's fault. I'm using firefox actually it's the only one I use since don't like chrome and IE and opera is too slow for me.
Miketsukami-kunApr 1, 2012 1:32 PM
Apr 1, 2012 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
Miketsukami said:

Buy by background image I was trying to say the image on the navibar, I used a single image for all the category links but since I usually do one image for each of them I'm not used on using a single image, it's showing now but the category links disappeared.

The image seems a little strange since I put Set up,Ready, Standby, Sealing Mode and Load Cartridge insted of the old boring watching/reading, complete... the idea was to make a Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha themed list, Fate (anime list) and Nanoha (manga list) respectively, so I thought it would be interesting to use some terms from the series instead of the usual links.

The category links disappeared because you added a huge amount of width to the bar and it moved them to the left or right, off screen. Remove the width; I think you used it to extend the background, but you should use a separate background thats behind the status selected and in front the list, something like inline content would work for this, and z-index will set which goes in front of what. Status selected gets the most z index, inline conent second most so its behind it but in front of the list which I think the default z-index is 1.

inline content add-on:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393581

Are you going to customize the category links too later? You have to import CSS for that. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=411779
Apr 1, 2012 4:50 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
Hello again :)

Something happened to my anime list :/ Since yesterday, the titles are almost unreadable :/

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shinobi_no_rei

I thought it's my browser's fault again, but a couple of people told me that they see it too, and I have absolutely no idea what happened o.O
The grey letters are fine, but the bright/dark red ones have changed.
When I select the text, it looks normal, it's not like the letters have really changed, their shape is normal.

Any advice? :)

Its just darkred on black background to me, which is hard to read, but not unreadable, you could just make it red or something. Maybe you can screencap what you're seeing?
Apr 1, 2012 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
I have a question, does anyone know how I can select the category totals individually? Like completed category's totals separate from dropped category's totals.
Shishio-kunApr 1, 2012 9:22 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (157) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM

» [CSS - CLASSIC] Wishes of the heart ~ XXXholic layout by Hahaido

Shishio-kun - Dec 27, 2015

9 by tsyndi »»
Apr 18, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.