Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2010 2:08 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so why isn't the whole team training? they're still going to have to be able to hit a gyroball after all :/

do they ever go to school?

I can understand how Toshi feels, its basically a one man show if the pitcher can only throw one type of ball and never looks for signs to decide where the ball should go. if he could train a monkey to catch the ball that would be good enough for him, he doesn't need a pro-class catcher to help him get people out. or at least that's probably the way Toshi is feeling right now.
Jul 4, 2010 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
jacobpaige said:
[do they ever go to school?

I was wondering about that as well ^^
May 4, 2012 9:16 PM

Jun 2011
Man, I am liking Toshi more and more. He's got potential, a good friend, got good academic results, and good looking, but at time, he's complicated with his feelings and insecures. :D
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 26, 2012 12:37 PM

Jun 2009
Ciran said:
jacobpaige said:
[do they ever go to school?

I was wondering about that as well ^^

I guess they just don't show them going to school. It's weird though, because when Goro was in Mifune the time at school was shown.

Natsu12345 said:
Man, I am liking Toshi more and more. He's got potential, a good friend, got good academic results, and good looking, but at time, he's complicated with his feelings and insecures. :D

I agree with this, I'm finding Toshi to be a very good character. He's easier to relate to than Goro, I think.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 5, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
Man I have no animosity or negative feelings for Toshi at all now, in fact I kind of hate Goro in a way for stringing him along like that. That isn't right. Despite that Toshi is still helping him. He is the better man.
Jul 14, 2013 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my, I hope Toshi will stay good friend with Goro :')

The ED of this episode became even more enjoyable!
Aug 10, 2013 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
I feel bad for Toshi! Although he seems to accept that that's just Goro's character, I feel that he was kind of betrayed. Why ask Toshi to go through the intense training of an expensive private school if you had no intention of staying? And why keep that a secret from him? Dick move, to be honest. Toshiya is a good friend.

...Now that I think about it, Goro took a spot on the team that someone else would've killed to get. Oh well XD
RizzleAug 10, 2013 5:49 PM
Dec 8, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2009
I truly dislike the fact that he has to leave Kaidou. why not stay and beat the other teams, there are bound to be other good schools around. I mean nationally and all. this is stupid to me. and he did put Toshi through alot. only to abandon him? what kind of bull is that?
lovexLuffyDec 8, 2013 9:35 PM

Dec 20, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2012
I totally agree. Goro is such selfish brat. **Sigh** This means no more future batteries between Goro and Toshi.
Nov 25, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2011
Rizzle said:
I feel bad for Toshi! Although he seems to accept that that's just Goro's character, I feel that he was kind of betrayed. Why ask Toshi to go through the intense training of an expensive private school if you had no intention of staying? And why keep that a secret from him? Dick move, to be honest. Toshiya is a good friend.

Stealing words out of my mouth. I mean, I wouldn't mind nearly as much if Toshi was a rival of his, and not his catcher. That feels like betrayal to me if you ditch your battery partner. :/
Dec 31, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2009
Wonder if they are actually going to win this game, Goro seems to be back in good form, for now . . . But I can't imagine that will last for long. And now the Main Team's ace is about to take the mound, although they did tie it up before the end so they might squeeze by somehow, but I can't imagine Goro being able to hold the mound for too much longer. Plus, why does he keep thinking he has to do everything, I mean he is just setting himself up for screwing his other shoulder as well.
Feb 16, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
Favorite episode of the whole series so far :D
Jun 30, 2015 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
Toshi... :(
It's suffering to be Toshiya. Toshi cares about everyone, but no one care about Toshi.

I still can't really understand why Goro is leaving the team. I think the one-man-team nickname suit him well, because it look like he think that wherever he will go, he will always be able to win. But baseball isn't just about pitching and batting. Most of the play happen in fielding. At one point, he'll have to understand that there are other people playing around him and that they want to win the same game.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 22, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
apparently a lot of people watching this series lead sheltered lives.
Aug 7, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, fairly emotional. Maybe they can win
Nov 13, 2015 2:13 AM

Nov 2015
Tyestor said:
apparently a lot of people watching this series lead sheltered lives.

looool
Mar 24, 2016 12:42 AM

Mar 2012
Ugghh, as expected they really are going for the rivalry thing again -_-

Now that I think about it, thank god Shimizu didn't follow him to Kaido. Not only would she have sacrificed Softball to do it but then her reason for applying there in the first place would've left in just a year...
Apr 20, 2016 2:47 AM

Feb 2013
He will need to find a lot of good players to challenge Kaido.
Aug 30, 2016 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
I really hope this is not the end of the GoroToshi combo. Toshi is great at cheering people up and coordinating, exactly what Goro needs. Komori is a good character, but he could never really be useful for things other than just catching balls. If Goro decides to leave, I hope Toshi follows, so they can be partners at Mifune High or whatever. Some might say it's waste of money, but they still got valuable skills and knowledge for their future profession.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Oct 2016
I have mixed feelings about this episode. For once, Goro makes a completely Goro-like decision and I understand completely where he's coming from so I'm not frustrated. It makes perfect sense considering his personality. And Kaido makes for boring baseball too. He didn't have to string Toshi along like that though; it wasn't right. But Toshi also wanted to go to Kaido even before Goro convinced him to after losing the scholarship possibility. I don't want Toshi and Goro to be split up again though :( On to the last episode to see how it all ends up!
Dec 17, 2017 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
Lel, Gorou trolling level over 9000.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2019 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
Tearjerking Toshi-episode! Poor Toshi :< feeling with him.

Thought the game is going to be the thrilling part. But I was wrong. The relationship between Goro and Toshi is the real good part of that arc. Wondering if Goro and Toshi will win this last game where they play together. A new pitcher is appearing.... and hes not going to fool around.

Yosh, one more episode for season 2 to go!
My only regret is having regrets!
Mar 6, 2019 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Nevixx said:

Thought the game is going to be the thrilling part. But I was wrong. The relationship between Goro and Toshi is the real good part of that arc. Wondering if Goro and Toshi will win this last game where they play together. A new pitcher is appearing.... and hes not going to fool around.

Gorou and Toshi's relationship gets really interesting in the later seasons. If you're liking it now then you're going to love the emotional depth it will eventually go into!
Mar 6, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
changelog said:
Nevixx said:

Gorou and Toshi's relationship gets really interesting in the later seasons. If you're liking it now then you're going to love the emotional depth it will eventually go into!

Just finished the 2nd season and I already did! Oh boy, give me a break, that show hits me hard. Looking forward to see more of Gorou and Toshi :> cheers!
My only regret is having regrets!
Jul 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Dec 2007
i thought toshi actually having hard time feeling betrayed but it ended he actually understand that goro wants him as a rival than a teammate.
as other said goro and toshi relationship is really the most interesting, i would love to see some of goro > shizumu development also in the future series.
and i can't agree more with goro way of thoughts, he don't want to be in the koshien, he wants challenge, he want to be more than he now, he don't need to win, i think goro in this episode is much more likeable and that's make want to keep this anime on.
Oct 16, 2021 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
I disliked his douchebag attitude in the past but since Toshi became a teammate I've started to like his character with his complicated feelings and insecurities. In my eyes Goro betrays him as other than becoming stronger there is no reason to have come to Kaidou in the first place if he was gonna leave anyway without Toshi (which is a dick move) as he wants him as opponent and not to be a battery together.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 21, 2009

58 by sunwin14 »»
Aug 21, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 13, 2010

22 by Bigdog77778 »»
Sep 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 4 Discussion

23 by Meranwise »»
Aug 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 14 Discussion

canis - Oct 31, 2009

28 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 18 Discussion

23 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 27, 2022 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.