Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2010 11:22 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
they should have pulled him even if he didn't agree :/
and if they were too chicken to do it then his teammates should have forfeited on his behalf, even if he hated them for it :/
they're all still young, they'll have plenty of time to train and improve and win next year and the year after that before they start middle school.

btw, there's no real chance that she's not going to lose to this particular boy ; )
Jun 10, 2010 4:10 AM

Sep 2008
zzzzz the cheesiness kill me, damn the win looked like DAMN Fluke (note i'm post this before watch the final episode =p)

hope in another season I see no more ridicoulous plot armor like this.
Jun 11, 2010 2:54 PM

Feb 2008
fertygo said:
zzzzz the cheesiness kill me, damn the win looked like DAMN Fluke (note i'm post this before watch the final episode =p)

hope in another season I see no more ridicoulous plot armor like this.

don't worry, it only gets worse from here
Apr 29, 2011 2:59 PM

Feb 2009
I sooooo want her to loose,lol.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jun 23, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2009
I kind of hope she doesn't, I hate the idea that women can't beat men. But, alas, it probably won't play like that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 27, 2012 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
I can't stand watching Momoko or whatever her name is. To let him play when he is clearly injured like that, what a freaking idiot. Shigeno is right, Goro should be pulled from the game.

And then to say that Honda would have let him play, bullshit!
Nov 26, 2012 3:44 AM
Aug 2012
It seems this anime wasn't fascinating to watch because the popularity was lose.
May 18, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
Oh man these adults are idiots, no way in hell would a kid be left in like this in real little league unless the coach was an idiot and was looking to get sued.

Though I understand why Ryoko is the way she is.
Apr 1, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2010
That's dumb....risking his shoulder for a little league game. What's wrong with the mom or the coach, they should've switched him out.
Oct 13, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
Cant believe I'm enjoying this anime as much as I am.
Next episode should be awesome!
Dec 29, 2014 1:01 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah . . . Can't seem to like that Yokohama team, nor can I really like either Ryoko or Toshi, going along with such a cutthroat way of winning.
Apr 12, 2015 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
How could a mother let her son continue to play at that state? Well, on the other hand Goro's behaviours were really frustrating. They should have just left him alone and injure himself.
Jun 27, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
Hit or miss. And I guess he'll hit. Because ''anime'' :P
Baseball is a cruel sport to woman. At some point, their physic can't rivalize properly in a professional context against man. Same for tennis, same for many sport... At least, some sports have league for them.

Goro must be just working on adrenaline right now. No way he could keep up unless that.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 21, 2015 12:18 AM

Jun 2009
god damn chinese cartoon tropes. this same shit was in ippo too.
Aug 6, 2015 2:36 AM

Jan 2013
Really, it feels so wrong. :/ Would any Little League actually allow this to happen?
Anyways, I'll enjoy it for what it is.
Aug 14, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2015
insan3Inquisitor said:
I hate the idea that women can't beat men.

Too bad. That's about the only realistic thing in this anime... Well it's not that they can't per say, more like a question of potential physical limits and growth.
There's a reason why sports leagues are divided by sex, and it definitely is not misoginy...
Although I agree that Goro should not be able to compete with her in the state he's in.

Let's face it, this is complete bullshit. Even with the charisma of Jesus, Goro could not possibly convince 3 adults to let him play in that condition, let alone when these 3 adults are supposed to be his loving mother-in-law, his soon-to-be foster father and an unbiased umpire...

I still think they'll lose in the end, or at least I hope. It's already ridiculous enough.
Mar 22, 2016 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
Leaving him in was absolutely idiotic and it's only working out because this is an anime. The kid's just being hot headed and not thinking about the consequences but the adults went full retard by allowing him to stay just because he says he doesn't care. I'm sorry Hoshino but when someone who knows their shit tells you to take the kid out then you do just that.

The anime was doing a good job not looking too much like a typical shounen until this episode. Elementary school student playing baseball suddenly acting like Goku or [insert random shounen hero here] during a fight -_-
Apr 16, 2016 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
Let him play if he wants to, he will regret it if you take him off .
Jul 20, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2008
Awh man, after having watched most baseball animes, I was glad to finally watch this one. And it was great till this ep. It's such bs that they're letting him continue. Like wtf Honshimo, you're the "coach", Shingeno is a pro pitcher and you still ignore his advice cause Goro is too happy. Screw that, just pull him out, he should have no say in the matter at this point. My feels alone are enough to win! I was hoping so badly this would take a more serious approach to the game :(

Aug 27, 2016 8:10 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it was really bad parenting that they let a nine year old child decide his own future when even a professional player was warning them. I'm glad that this is the last time we'll have to deal with coach Andou, because he's horrible, I feel bad for the team. He barely does anything and most of their tactics get proposed by Goro instead of him.

I kind of wish to see some consequences though. Not life changing, but something that will make him stop playing baseball for a while, like maybe until junior high. It would be pretty bad if he just recovers normally from all of this.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 5, 2018 3:05 PM

Jul 2010
This was such a bullshit episode, for being the final match in the first season it didn't feel as good as the other before....
Apr 22, 2018 5:22 AM

Dec 2015
Hey, let's let this kid potentially destroy his future career by allowing him to continue playing. Why? Well, he said he wanted to, and obviously cause a fourth grader like him knows what's better for him than an adult... Seriously, the incompetence of the "adults" in this anime is beyond me...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 18, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
Katagari said:
I can't stand watching Momoko or whatever her name is. To let him play when he is clearly injured like that, what a freaking idiot. Shigeno is right, Goro should be pulled from the game.

And then to say that Honda would have let him play, bullshit!

Thats not what she said. She said that not even his father could stop him now.
My only regret is having regrets!
Nov 17, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2018
Why they can't stop the game when Honda can't play in good form? Honda can't take it anymore T----T I'm annoyed with Ryoko!
Oct 15, 2021 7:07 AM

Jul 2015
I wish they (useless coach, Hoshino, and even the damn umpire) listened to Shigeno's worries on Goro's health and pulled him out as Goro is too young to actually know the effects it could have on his body and Shigeno out of all these people has the most experience with this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 5 Discussion

Knave - May 14, 2009

33 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 22 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 30, 2009

40 by Cam1922 »»
May 16, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - May 14, 2009

103 by arcticmontys »»
Feb 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Is there Romance in this series.

_winterbear_ - Sep 14, 2022

4 by Unowen »»
Sep 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 17 Discussion

TowardsTheStars - Apr 20, 2012

21 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 3, 2022 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.