Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (112) « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 8, 2012 7:04 PM

Thanks! =P. Yea I agree, the wallpaper is kinda busy. I was going to go with something more simple, but couldn't find anything =(.

May 10, 2012 2:28 AM

Just made my very first customized list on MAL last week! Always wanted to make one cause I saw lots of amazing ones around x) Might not look as pro as the other's such as cyruz etc ^^'' (cause its my first time) but i tried my best. Planning to change the category images when i find better images. Feel free to give me your opinions!

May 10, 2012 3:17 AM

Some of your lists are absolutely amazing! Good job!

I'm too dumb to do anything fancy so I'm using the boring standard style editor.
Have pretty long tags, so it's easier to keep things simple.

May 10, 2012 9:03 AM

To my list isn't necessary to go. List doesn't deserve it. =P And here can see.

Actually, everything is standard.
In fact, you are updated your lists so beautiful. I don't even know how.

May 12, 2012 4:20 AM

Hello I was wondering if someone could help me

I've seen loads of amazing animelist and was wondering if there are any pre-made layouts where the header with image covers (currently watching,on-hold,dropped, etc). If not how do I know what sizes I require.

example

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t2l4h

May 12, 2012 12:05 PM

Allenwalker1 said:
Hello I was wondering if someone could help me

I've seen loads of amazing animelist and was wondering if there are any pre-made layouts where the header with image covers (currently watching,on-hold,dropped, etc). If not how do I know what sizes I require.

example

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t2l4h

Hey, you can take a look at my list here and I basically did what you're looking to do. I used a sample list layout and created my own headers/pictures for it. It required no CSS/HTML knowledge; I just replaced the original pictures with ones that I wanted in the code.

I have tried in vain to find the original thread here in the MAL forums that had the exact template that I used. But, I came across this one which looks like it has a lot of templates to choose from. I strongly suggest you go through the Rules and Common Links thread to find some good resources.

Best of luck!

Edit: Oh, and when you actually decide on a template. To figure out the exact image dimensions, you'll most likely have to look in the code, once you find an image (usually ends in .jpg or .png), copy that link, paste it into firefox and hit enter. You should now see whatever image that was in the code. Right click -> 'View Image info', this will give you the exact dimensions.
Modified by Emotocon, May 12, 2012 12:09 PM

May 13, 2012 10:42 PM

Re-did my anime list...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/DesolateOne

I tried to go for a simple, sleek look.

May 14, 2012 9:26 AM

DesolateOne said:
Re-did my anime list...

I tried to go for a simple, sleek look.

I like it. Simplicity is the best.
But drop shadow seems cut out on the end. :/

May 14, 2012 8:07 PM

You're right. Gotta fix that. Thanks.

May 14, 2012 10:01 PM

I re-did mine with major help from Shishio's Custom Lists and Profiles (CSS + BBcode help) with Image sharing. It's a public club here on MAL.
I found CSS codes on there that I didn't find after hours of searching on the standard search sites. Oh, and they also have some pre-made layouts for Allenwalker1
To get to my list, check my sig.

May 14, 2012 11:38 PM

Well hm the drop shadow being cut off seems to be an illusion caused by my background color. Meh. I decided to just leave it as it is. Also, I made it my manga list instead of my anime one. I used my original style for the anime list.

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/DesolateOne

@sisgood Your signature doesn't take me to your list. I checked out your list nonetheless and I like it. Only advice I have is use a different font and font-color. It's a bit hard to see because of the background you used and the sakura animation.

May 15, 2012 9:35 AM

So that little button with Natsume Takashi and Madara sitting on it doesn't take you to my list? O_o it works fine for me.

May 15, 2012 12:36 PM

Updated mine:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tithen-Firion
It's a rainbow! :D And polish headers. ^_^
But I had no idea for MAL bar, so it's ugly. :/

May 15, 2012 2:21 PM

@sisgood Ah that's why. I was clicking on the tracker the whole time. It works :O

@Tithen-Firion Wow! That's pretty cool. However, I think you could put a lot more work into it and make it a very beautiful list. Try out a brighter background :3.

May 15, 2012 2:39 PM

@DesolateOne: I don't have much time and ideas, so I will leave it as it is now. And I like plain lists (chech my manga one). BTW, my bg image is brighter than your bg. ;P

May 15, 2012 5:20 PM

Hehe yes you're right - it is brighter than mine :O. I thought white or something as light as that would suit the rainbow style thingy you've got going on. Hm...if you turn the text-color to black and the background somewhat white..that's what I'm thinking anyway :O. That's just me though :3.

May 15, 2012 7:57 PM

Tithen-Firion said:
Updated mine:

You can disable MAL bar with if you want.
Everything is center seems a bit off to me. hover rainbow colors looks really good. though if you change text alignment to left and enable episodes, type etc in normal view, i think it will look more better.

May 15, 2012 10:21 PM

Tithen-Firion said:
Updated mine:

Well, I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to work in IE explorer. Or at least, I had to switch to chrome to view it.
IE explorer is usually the most derpy of the browsers so I usually do my editing in chrome and my viewing (to test) in Explorer.
Love the rainbow bars. But yeah, a lighter bg would be good. I can't see your scores unless I hover.

May 16, 2012 6:22 AM

@DesolateOne: My friend told me "I was scrolling the list and it was so dark and grey. Then I hovered and... Wow! It's a rainbow!". And that's the effect I wanted to achieve. ;)

@Han-yuu: I wanted to hide as much as possible. And then I had to centre titles, because it looked ugly.

@sisgood: Read above + IE sux. But it works (without transition) in IE9.

May 17, 2012 5:04 AM

Well, it's been long needed but I've tried to make the text on my list more visible. How does it look?

May 17, 2012 9:57 PM

Decided there wasn't enough fabulous in that list design. I've made another, though I think it may not look as good in lower resolutions. I'll test it by changing my computer's resolution around later. Anyway, here is a screenshot of it (warning: it is big)

EDIT: Looks meh on other resolutions. Made it into a VS screen to decorate my profile instead.

Modified by glitchhunter, May 18, 2012 1:04 AM

May 19, 2012 8:00 AM

May 19, 2012 8:27 AM

Looks cute~
Though your anime list says 'Currently reading' and 'Plan to read'.

May 19, 2012 8:40 AM

damn, thought I fixed that... was going to use it as manga list at first but changed my mind :P

EDIT: fixed it now xD
Modified by Thep, May 19, 2012 8:59 AM

May 24, 2012 6:12 AM

Is there a way, I can hide the search bar, when I scroll down?

Edit : I think I found the problem..

My #mal_control_strip becomes just #, similarly with #mal_control_strip a, becomes # a

Anyone knows, why does that happen?
Modified by Ace_09, May 24, 2012 6:47 AM

May 24, 2012 11:37 AM

King_Zero said:
My #mal_control_strip becomes just #, similarly with #mal_control_strip a, becomes # a
Anyone knows, why does that happen?

There are some restrictions in MAL CSS edtior. better way is to upload your css file to external host. just like you did for your animelist.. or try this.

#mal/_control_strip
#mal/_control_strip a

hopefully it will work.

May 27, 2012 4:51 AM

Updated my animelist again.

May 27, 2012 8:26 AM

Nyankichi said:
Updated my animelist again.

It's pretty nice with paper background. though on my screen view (1600x900) grand totals and copyright are overlapping progress column a bit.. it will be cover more columns on low resolution.

I suggest to change MAL top strip background color similar to copyright area.

May 29, 2012 9:40 PM

Done. Thanks for the feedback. I actually intended the bottom part to overlap the list, but I think it looks bad in small resolutions. Might need to work on that.

Jun 5, 2012 11:33 AM

Updated

Jun 7, 2012 10:47 PM

I decided to show my design too - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hahaido

Jun 8, 2012 3:40 AM

i nearly just choked on my dinner checking out these awsome designs!

if i have the grass to lay on and the wind to stroke my cheek, i dont need anything else, sleeping with a contented smile.

Jun 8, 2012 10:20 AM

Hahaido said:

It's a little too crowded for my liking. I love the choices and style, but maybe the background shouldn't be so... busy.

Jun 8, 2012 11:31 AM

Sake said:

It's a little too crowded for my liking. I love the choices and style, but maybe the background shouldn't be so... busy.

Thanks for your comment! I have the exact same thoughts when I look at my list

Jun 8, 2012 2:04 PM

1NZ3RU said:
Updated

I love your list. Looks really neat, one of the best I've seen.

Sake said:
Hahaido said:

Yeah I agree with him. Backgrounds should usually be more 'soft', especially in your case. Also there are just too many colors (that don't match).. maybe it'd help you to work with a color palette, but that is really just a suggestion on my part.

Jun 13, 2012 8:48 AM

1NZ3RU said:
Updated

Hahaha what the hell, this one is really nice.

I started editing mine today, so it's still under construction.
edit: This is what I've got so far [http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Endelerius]
edit: Finished for today, gonna fix the rest in the future, but so far, it's "finished"
Modified by Endelerius, Jun 13, 2012 12:36 PM

Jun 14, 2012 10:48 PM

1NZ3RU said:
Updated

That is an awesome design, must take a long time having to add in the images manually.

I just noticed 1 thing for the long name titles, like the Rock Lee anime, the name overlaps the other information. why not try adding the "text-overflow: ellipsis" so the name stays on the same line rather than continuing off to a 2nd line.

Jun 15, 2012 4:44 PM

Don't mind me, I just happened to be stalking by and I noticed this last post here. I've never seen "ellipsis" before in coding. What kind of things is it used for exactly? And is it supported by most browsers?

It definitely seems like a more obscure command.

Jun 15, 2012 4:53 PM

1NZ3RU said:
Updated

Also, I've noticed your list layout around for awhile now. I think it looks very nice but the top bars have always kind of bothered me. In chrome the links are coming up underlined (it's easy to fix), and in my 1440px wide resolution the bar is protruding into the main image quite a bit. I just have a suggestion for that. Maybe you could move both bars down so that the black one is the same color as the white bar, shorten the height, and move it on top of that so it won't ever get shoved into the image. And possibly move the status links down into the white bar slightly so it looks like a tab of links coming out of the bar. (if that makes sense @_@;) Just an idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It is your list, so don't take my opinion too seriously.

Jun 16, 2012 11:43 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've looked into text-overflow over a year ago, but it wasn't supported yet back then. I'll add it :)

PureFanimation said:
Also, I've noticed ...

I'll look into the link underline on Chrome. As for the resolution: I've developed it solely for 1920x1080, while just keeping the functionality intact on smaller resolutions. I realise this is subject to personal preference. Thanks for sharing your view.

Jun 16, 2012 6:41 PM

PureFanimation said:
Don't mind me, I just happened to be stalking by and I noticed this last post here. I've never seen "ellipsis" before in coding. What kind of things is it used for exactly? And is it supported by most browsers?

It definitely seems like a more obscure command.

Yeah it is supporter by all browsers. Simply put when you have a fixed size box and the text does not fit in that box it adds "..." before reachin the fixed width.

Usually when you add "text-overflow: ellipsis" following by a "white-space: no-wrap"

Jun 18, 2012 6:10 PM

Hey guys, all your list look really good! I'd like to try and do the premade CSS layouts since I don't really remember how to do it anymore. I hope all the codes are not messed up anymore. I used to have a nice profile but since the hacker problem. My profile got messed up when I tried to add something on. Since then I really haven't messed with it.

@1NZ3RU: Btw, I know everyone has told you, but your list is so cool. What I like is that it's so easy to find anime's on your list. That's kind of what I would like. It's always so hard to follow one side to the other. I don't really want to be updating the wrong anime, but I have to admit I sometimes do that.

Jun 19, 2012 5:54 AM

Just changed background image and little color changes there and there.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gaichi

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"

Jun 19, 2012 9:45 AM

My list design so far http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Yawmus
I haven't finished as you can probably tell, but I can't seem to find a way to target each individual not_selected a tags. Do you know of a way?

Jun 20, 2012 1:31 AM

Updated my list

Yawmus said:
I can't seem to find a way to target each individual not_selected a tags. Do you know of a way?

Jun 20, 2012 2:25 AM

cyruz said:
Right, I figured that since a lot of design changes go by unnoticed why not make a topic where people can post their list design updates. I hope this forum gets a few more hits now and I feel sorry for everyone who has it on ignore ^^.

Anyway, Eazy just updated his list with me and it turned out really nice. So check it out if you like.

Would be great if this topic could turn into something big with people frequently posting their list updates. Maybe we won't miss out on nice updates this way.

In case you're voting in the currently on-going MAL Awards competition, Eazy's entry is still the old one (check screenshot).

Post away!

I also wanted to learn it, someone please help me.
Hospital Management System | Healthcare Software

Jun 20, 2012 4:11 AM

simrankim said:
I also wanted to learn it, someone please help me.

First you need to add few entries in your list. After that start with MAL basic list editor. You can take a look at CSS Tutorials. if you want to do advance editing.

Gingerback said:
Can you help me?
How can i change this? /This is where written Gingerback, Logout/

Do you want to remove it?
#mal_control_strip {display: none;}

If you want to change background image.
#mal_control_strip, #mal_cs_listinfo, #mal_cs_links, #mal_cs_otherlinks { background: url(strip-background-url.png) repeat-x;}

Jun 20, 2012 9:46 AM

Han-yuu said:
Gingerback said:
Can you help me?
How can i change this? /This is where written Gingerback, Logout/

Do you want to remove it?
#mal_control_strip {display: none;}

If you want to change background image.
#mal_control_strip, #mal_cs_listinfo, #mal_cs_links, #mal_cs_otherlinks { background: url(strip-background-url.png) repeat-x;}
Aaah, so that's how you do it.
@Han-yuu: Btw, that's one sexy list you've got there.

Jun 21, 2012 12:55 AM

Updated my list!
It's 99% finished, just need to fix that 1 pixel difference in Safari & Chrome. Maybe add some sort of background to the .status_(not_)selected.
Any feedback welcome, let me know if you spot any errors!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Endelerius

Jun 21, 2012 8:00 AM

Endelerius said:
Updated my list!
It's 99% finished, just need to fix that 1 pixel difference in Safari & Chrome. Maybe add some sort of background to the .status_(not_)selected.
Any feedback welcome, let me know if you spot any errors!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Endelerius

Looks good mostly... but the scrolling pattern in the background is really distracting. @_@ It might look better if you set its position to 'fixed' instead.

Pages (112) « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »