Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (112) « First ... « 96 97 [98] 99 100 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2011 10:27 AM

Dec 2009
Ovindel said:
@Nihagi
Looks nice, but the character's head is cut off at my 1280x1024 monitor.
Also a horizontal scroll bar appeared.
And.. wait... what's that anime character doing in the CSS? xD

Sadly it does work best on larger screens T_T http://prntscr.com/4u8qu
btw thanks.. dint notice the scroll in the bottom.. just me using margin instead of padding, that made it pop up.
And the anime char in the CSS is Suou ;p
put her there to make people smile.
Jan 3, 2012 11:06 AM

Mar 2009

Updated Anime List! o/

Also, if anyone knows how to set the position of the search bar when it is set to 'scroll', please let me know. ^^" When I tried to set it to scroll, it was always set to the default position on the top right corner. It only let me move it to the place I wanted if I set it to 'fixed' instead. >.<
Jan 3, 2012 11:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Dope list, Rukayex. Simple but clever and I love the colors. Good work.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 3, 2012 11:51 AM

Mar 2009
It... it's actually possible to do something like that with your list? wow.

Jan 3, 2012 12:47 PM

Mar 2009
Thank you cyruz & Pumpernikkeli! ^^ And yes, apparently it is possible. :D I learn new things about it every time...
Jan 3, 2012 1:05 PM
Mar 2011
@Rukayex:
Great sig! Again... ;) Love the updates.
Jan 3, 2012 1:13 PM

Mar 2010
Rukayex said:

Also, if anyone knows how to set the position of the search bar when it is set to 'scroll', please let me know. ^^" When I tried to set it to scroll, it was always set to the default position on the top right corner. It only let me move it to the place I wanted if I set it to 'fixed' instead. >.<

Looks great as usual :D I'll try to set the search bar position to scroll for you, if Im successfully I'll PM your the css :P
Jan 3, 2012 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
Ruka-chan, it looks A M A Z I N G.

Your lists are too good to be true. ~
Jan 3, 2012 4:03 PM

Mar 2009
Thanks again guys! ;A;
Jan 4, 2012 10:11 AM

Oct 2007
@Rukayex:*___* WOW that is one awesome list design - really nice work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2012 2:10 PM

Oct 2011
updated mine :)
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ame-Drop
feedbacks plz !
Jan 5, 2012 12:09 AM

May 2011
Once i figure out a thing more or two this will look better, not to mention the BG doesn't even go with the section heads

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tzu

Like the vectors in my bg head are totally cut off
TzuJan 5, 2012 12:13 AM
Jan 5, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
I've updated both my lists. Just simple designs, I may do more with the coding later to make it seem more fancy. And yes, I know the gradient at the bottom of my manga list is totally screwed up. I'm not sure why it's doing that. =/

Jan 5, 2012 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
GamerchiX said:
I've updated both my lists. Just simple designs, I may do more with the coding later to make it seem more fancy. And yes, I know the gradient at the bottom of my manga list is totally screwed up. I'm not sure why it's doing that. =/

actually i luv the design , simple yet great :D
Jan 21, 2012 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Would like to get advice for sprucing up the list suuround part of my list. cheers.
Jan 21, 2012 2:45 PM

Jun 2011
@thirty-six, the small text with the lighter parts of your background make some of the text a pain to read. Maybe you could put something behind the list or have some hover graphic.
Jan 22, 2012 4:20 AM

Oct 2011
I updated mine again , please unlike every time i really want feedbacks !!!
Jan 22, 2012 10:48 AM

Mar 2009
Ame-Drop said:
I updated mine again , please unlike every time i really want feedbacks !!!
The .status_selected etc are really hard to read. Also the category headers are off-centered so they look a bit strange. You had some nice colors in your main header image too, but you only used white for all the text in the list - a text hover color (one of those colors, maybe orange or blue, from the header) might be nice.
Feb 5, 2012 8:31 PM
Aug 2010
I designed my list for the first time with CSS :)
I'm not experienced with CSS (usually use html only..) so I made a simple list.

Please tell me if it looks okay! Hopefully it works for a good range of resolutions..
Feb 6, 2012 1:17 AM

Jun 2011
@xAmaterasu
Parts of it dont look right.
Try this code instead:

I think one of the images is either too small or too big, theres an overlap where the banner meets the list on the left side for me. (1-2px)

Otherwise it looks amazing : )

Edit: nana ftw
Feb 6, 2012 10:18 AM

May 2011
After a long time, I finally updated my Manga list. ^^

*Best with Google Chrome. Don't know for others.
*1920x1080 resolution.
*Wallpaper and coding was done by me.

I hope you like it. :)
Feb 6, 2012 1:40 PM
Aug 2010
@erlbaum
Thanks for the input, I will try that code instead :)

@Kuraudo
I like it :) Nice job!
Feb 6, 2012 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
@Kuraudo:
I guess it doesn't matter so much, but fyi on smaller resolutions, the control strip looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/2PUfF.jpg with the faces go underneath the words.

Also, for the .status_selected etc, I would either make the grey part of the background image a little fatter (to cover the bottom of the words) or move the text itself up a few pixels so that it lies squarely on top of the grey rectangle instead of partly sticking out.

And the list surround header image seems squished horizontally... dunno if that was on purpose or not. If on purpose, I would suggest not squishing the image next time.

Lastly.. it's a bit hard to read the title "Kuraudo's Manga list" on your header image. ^^"

Overall, it's OK, though. Everything that matters is easy to read. :P
Feb 6, 2012 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
Yay, I managed to update my list design :) Cutting the image out was a pain in the ...neck as always, but finally finished! \(^.^)/
Feb 7, 2012 10:51 AM

May 2011
Rukayex said:
@Kuraudo:
I guess it doesn't matter so much, but fyi on smaller resolutions, the control strip looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/2PUfF.jpg with the faces go underneath the words.

Also, for the .status_selected etc, I would either make the grey part of the background image a little fatter (to cover the bottom of the words) or move the text itself up a few pixels so that it lies squarely on top of the grey rectangle instead of partly sticking out.

And the list surround header image seems squished horizontally... dunno if that was on purpose or not. If on purpose, I would suggest not squishing the image next time.

Lastly.. it's a bit hard to read the title "Kuraudo's Manga list" on your header image. ^^"

Overall, it's OK, though. Everything that matters is easy to read. :P

Thanks for comment, Rukayex.

I agree with your statement, so I made a few fixes just like you said.

*.status_selected etc - I moved the text up a few pixels.
*list surround header image - (fix) now looks much better then before. :D
*Title text - I change the style and color.

For control strip... yeah, I know. What you suggest? Eventually remove the image or leave like this.

Anyway, thanks for useful advice. :)

Manga list - Link (edited)

@xAmaterasu, thanks. Your is nice too. :)
Feb 14, 2012 7:41 AM
Feb 19, 2012 11:52 PM

Feb 2008
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kyouhansha

Three years without updating the list design...looking for feedback on the new version.

I do wish I could spruce it up with image headers on the subsections, but the creative skills just aren't there.
Feb 20, 2012 3:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
kyouhansha said:

Three years without updating the list design...looking for feedback on the new version.

I do wish I could spruce it up with image headers on the subsections, but the creative skills just aren't there.
That's plenty creative though. I like the darker yet soft colors. It all works well together, great list!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 20, 2012 8:41 PM

Jul 2011
Updated my list a couple weeks ago.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Flancake

A Steins;Gate theme for now.
It was my first real attempt at making one ^^'
And you have to watch the anime or play the game to understand
what the titles mean.

Making another one later. A bit more experienced with photoshop
since I've putzing around with it.
Feb 21, 2012 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
That's plenty creative though. I like the darker yet soft colors. It all works well together, great list!

Thanks, I'll have to give it a second pass at some point. Your list is one to draw inspiration from
Feb 25, 2012 1:10 PM

Mar 2010
Flancake said:
Updated my list a couple weeks ago.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Flancake

A Steins;Gate theme for now.
It was my first real attempt at making one ^^'
And you have to watch the anime or play the game to understand
what the titles mean.

Making another one later. A bit more experienced with photoshop
since I've putzing around with it.

Very creative, simple and appealing :) I love the idea of using numbers from the divergence meter as the titles :D

kyouhansha said:

I love how you put that drop down menu for the top bar into 4 icons at the top right corner of the page, its amazing~ Kawaiiii x3 Too bad you didnt take into consideration of guests, that aren't logged in.
Mar 3, 2012 2:08 PM
Mar 3, 2012 3:36 PM

Mar 2009

The text on your list is really hard to read. ^^"
Mar 3, 2012 7:07 PM

Jun 2009
Rukayex said:

The text on your list is really hard to read. ^^"

ty for telling me is it the color or the font size???

Mar 3, 2012 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
colors, also the low opacity
Mar 3, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
@Rukayex

HOLY SH*T! YOUR LIST IS AMAZING!!!

Could you tell me how to make something similar to yours? Pwetty please? :3
Mar 3, 2012 8:33 PM

Mar 2009
@onedaysnotice: Thanks ^^

That's pretty hard, actually... the design part depends on you, and your eye for colors and such. The CSS part is more easily learned - I read through the CSS tutorials on w3schools, and then improved with practice. ^^"
Mar 4, 2012 3:41 PM

Oct 2011
I updated my lists recently.. i'm still learning/trying out the possibilities of the css though..

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/chirin

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/chirin
Mar 6, 2012 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
@chirin, Looks nice
I dont know if it was intended but, the diagonal lines dont fit on my resolution
you could just make the background repeat to fix that, or add " background-size: 100%;"
Mar 6, 2012 8:49 AM

Oct 2011
@erlbaum thanks^^

I put the " background-size: 100%;" there and it does look different/better, but not sure if I fixed what you meant
Mar 7, 2012 3:46 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah its fixed :)
Mar 12, 2012 2:36 PM

Sep 2010
Mindzl said:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mindzl

Lets make ti clear the design is not mine I just changed it a bit :P

Wow bro! I don't appreciate you using my list design without permission! And all you changed was the header! >=[

I don't mind people getting inspirations and ideas, but this is just not acceptable.

I'm sorry but please take that down from your list.

Check out my anime blog: http://otakutajio.tumblr.com/
Mar 14, 2012 12:24 AM

Feb 2012
Well, here's what I've got so far. This is my first time working wth CSS and I KNOW I need to clean up the "status images" I didn't realize they were sloppy when I uploaded them lol.

I'm thinking of putting black flowers around the status images so the flow cut off isn't so jarring. Meeby a border of some kind. I also know that Watching, Complete...ect... don't show up quite clear enough.

BUT I'm at a good stopping place and I'm going to bed now lol.

Constructive crit is welcome, as are suggestions and tips. Keep in mind, I did all the image editing on a laptop with no mouse. Not too shabby I'd say.

I feel I should thank aero as I used her source code to help me figure out CSS. Sooo... Thanks Aero!

Edit: If anyone has a source where I could find some single line writing like I have on my list, I would LOVE a link!
sisgoodMar 14, 2012 12:29 AM
Mar 14, 2012 1:05 PM

Feb 2012
Ok I've got it as good as it's getting for a while. I fixed the transparancy of the caligraphy so the words can be seen now, I added a butterfly and cleaned up the image. I also washed out the bg image to make the butterfly pop a little.

With how busy my bg is, I'm not sure if I could do a banner easilly but I'm open to suggestions.

I think I pretty much accomplished what I set out to do. Everything fits with the bg really well and my list headers look ALmost like Japanese caligraphy. Everything is readable on my monitor and the colors mesh well.

Feedback would be great btw. :3
Mar 14, 2012 7:03 PM

Mar 2010
@sisgood
Criticism (not trying to sound mean):
1) I noticed that your background resizes, depending on the browser size. So, I would also have the lis do that too. For example, instead of using fixed values for the width of the list, I would use percentage ones instead, so it changes depending on the size of the brower and it would be concsistent with the background interms of proportion.
2) I've noticed that you have borders in some places while there are none in others. It kinda irritates me (I'm kind of a perfectionist). For example, you have a bored on the left side of your list for every other row. Why not just have a border around the entire list or none at all.
3) Change the color of the links when your hover your cursor over them. Its really difficult to read it.
4) Make the "category" links at the top (currently watching, completed, etc) larger or somehow more noticable. I had a hard time trying to find it. haha.

Those are just a few things you should be aware of. Putting all the small stuff aside, its a really good design for a first try. :)
Mar 14, 2012 8:35 PM

Feb 2012
@ Drize

Thanks for the feedback!

If I could find the code to resize my list along with my bg, I would use it. Any ideas where I could look?

I kind of like the borders only on every-other column. To me, it gives the list structure without boxing it it too much.

I changed the hover color to black.

I THINK I increased the font some. I might throw a bg under there... or maybe a caligraphy line if I can find one.

You didn't sound mean at all btw. :3
Mar 22, 2012 9:54 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/-Akarin-

spent a lot of time creating this design ^^
Mar 23, 2012 5:29 PM

Mar 2009
@-Akarin-

It looks really cool *___* How long did it take you to code all the pictures? @_@
Mar 23, 2012 5:44 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
@Rukayex
Thanks ^^

If you look in "completed" section, you'll see that I've not coded these pictures yet. It will be too long to complete it.. -_-

And as of the whole design, it took 3 days for me to create it.
Mar 24, 2012 2:15 AM

Oct 2007
But that was worth the price you paid for.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Pages (112) « First ... « 96 97 [98] 99 100 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
2 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
10 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
11 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.