Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2010 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
And as the first frame rolls in I though "Shaft : )"
Thing is.. It really feels like Shaft as well : D
I doubt it'll compare to ef, but still
And it'll be good hearing Arararararagi again, since they're taking so long on them Bakemonogatari webstreams : <
Now this
looks awfully familiar xD
Oh, awesome, a kappa : D
.... ... .. . xD

Anyway, this seems to have the potential of being somewhere at the top of this season. Then again, Spring 10 (not to mention Winter 10) seems like a pretty weak season : <
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 6, 2010 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
Cool opening. Loved the zetsubou sensei stance
Apr 6, 2010 2:06 AM

Apr 2008
ok ?! that was really weird ...

Apr 6, 2010 2:07 AM

Jan 2010
A Bridge pillar? Seriously? Couldnt come up with anything better to move the plot forward.
Lame, so lame.
Stoped watching after that.
StarbrowApr 6, 2010 2:11 AM
Apr 6, 2010 3:01 AM

Oct 2009
I liked a lot this for the simple reason of things being much more balanced than Dance in the Vampire bund. From the first person I can see that Ko was pretty stupid of not being able to get out from that poll that fell into the water. It was easy if he could just rip out his boxers caught on little thread of metal . His father is strange=>
and also that he gets a stroke because of accumulated stress over not paying back a debt of any kind but having 800 000 000 yen is a lot of money.....I say let me him bring in better things to Nino's home. Was Ko ever funny with GIFs of shaking around Nino and this expression of his=>
I found it a little funny Nino at the end sleeping inside the drawer instead of on the velvet bed itself=>

Nino is adorable with her hair. Her eyes have a nice dept that made me love Sawako at first. Nino being from Venus was a martian alert to me but that's fine since she looks not offensive.....I kind of get that they eat fish there if it's full of water but it looks like her temperature is way different from human standards. Laughing at that velvet some Greek dropped under the bridge. Avatars of Nino=>
Originals of Nino=>

Kappa was a strange one and even more when I saw some skin from it.....really though it was a costume after all. Kappa does have some nice expressions I liked but best was the name he gived to Ko in Japanese......rofl. Recruit as a name....>_< Kappa nice showdown!=>

just no for me. I have not laughed so hard and intense in quite some time towards this one time=>
and this one too not as much as the first time=>
This made me think of objection!=>

Overall series starts with a strong 8 for me.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 6, 2010 3:08 AM

Apr 2009
That was fucking awesome xD Kappa's Mayor's little dance after naming Kou cracked me up.
garfield15 said:
When Kou Ric was looking side-to-side, I was so positive they were about to do a Zetsubou Sensei reference.

I know, me too xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 6, 2010 3:40 AM
Jun 2009
haven't watched it yet.. but's currently downloading. but based on your comments, this is pretty much an interesting show. :D

[I was actually waiting for this, knowing Kamiya will do the main role.]
Apr 6, 2010 3:42 AM

May 2008
I'd say this was quite hilarious :D I probably keep watching this...
Apr 6, 2010 3:44 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:

Anyway, this seems to have the potential of being somewhere at the top of this season. Then again, Spring 10 (not to mention Winter 10) seems like a pretty weak season : <

Am I the only one who actually thinks this is a great season so far?
Apr 6, 2010 3:45 AM

Sep 2009
@Francis: Yay! More Ace Attorney fans!

And yeah, I instantly thought of Phoenix then. I wonder if that was intentional?

I also noticed the SZS thing. I wish they'd gone with that...
Apr 6, 2010 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

I say it is even weaker than Winter 09/10, seeing that most of the anime so far lacked some serious amount of impact and uniqueness. Winter releases had godly Durarara and Baka to test on spot light; but so far the only thing that we can call unique for the spring season is Arakawa, but nothing else; Angel beat is same key stuff, Heroman is same stan lee stuff and kaichou wa maid-sama is still same cliched shoujo stuff from what I've seen in their first impressions. The problem is, all those three were probably the most anticipated animes of the season beside noitaminAs.

Though, it's still too early to judge whether this season is shit or not.
Apr 6, 2010 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

I say it is even weaker than Winter 09/10, seeing that most of the anime so far lacked some serious amount of impact and uniqueness. Winter releases had godly Durarara and Baka to test on spot light; but so far the only thing that we can call unique for the spring season is Arakawa, but nothing else; Angel beat is same key stuff, Heroman is same stan lee stuff and kaichou wa maid-sama is still same cliched shoujo stuff from what I've seen in their first impressions. The problem is, all those three were probably the most anticipated animes of the season beside noitaminAs.

Though, it's still too early to judge whether this season is shit or not.

Oh well, that's where we differ then as I actually liked Angel Beats and Heroman a lot. And I mean, I really don't think it's saying a lot when there are only two series I can say were really good (BakaTest and DRRR! and what about Hanamaru? I loved that!) when I have a bunch more that I think have "potential" and I actually cared about but let's see how the season plays out.
Apr 6, 2010 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
^ Potential is definitely there, but you know that Spring season has about 10 more animes airing than winter. Compare to its amount of anime releases, this season is pretty much... dead...
Apr 6, 2010 4:29 AM
Feb 2009
Fucking amazing.
Apr 6, 2010 4:50 AM

Feb 2009
Yep. This is definitely a Shaft show. Which means people will either love it or hate it. I like what I'm seeing so far. :)

Also Araragi Kamiya Hiroshi is in this and his character really suits his voice acting.
Apr 6, 2010 4:59 AM

Jan 2010
I see another Bakemonogatari ^^
Apr 6, 2010 5:34 AM

May 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

No, I think so too. There is so many good show this season that I don't even know what to watch. (I'm starting around 16 series from this season. Yeah, it's a bit crazy, but I have a lot of free time, and I will propably drop some after the first 2-3 episodes) I don't understand people who think this season is shit.
Apr 6, 2010 5:39 AM

Sep 2008
This show is full of awesome insane randomness.

I like Nino's ahoge ^^
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Apr 6, 2010 5:48 AM

Dec 2007
Best anime ever 10/10.
Apr 6, 2010 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
it was pretty funny and weird
i hope shaft would not ruin this show like what they did in vampire bund:(
plus..
lol kou and his father are too funnyXD also the kappa:D
jjihhyeApr 6, 2010 5:59 AM

Apr 6, 2010 7:31 AM

Apr 2009
Isn't Ichinomiya Ko the love child of Zetsubou sensei and Araragi Koyomi? :P

I love it, 10/10 after 1st ep!!!

"There's no such thing as a coma. He is surly previewing the afterlife." by
Apr 6, 2010 7:38 AM

Jun 2008
The show is quite crazy but it's exactly the kind of staff Shaft should be making because as seen by DitVB when they get a normal show they have no idea how to go about it and they completely screw it up.
Also a normal show needs real animation,and work and they can't pull there usual tricks to save money/time so at least with this kind of shows they can do there tricks with out them feeling out of place.

Anyway in a sense i felt like i was watching a different version of Bagemonogatari. Not that is bad since i liked that show but i hope this show has more than just crazy people. Bagemonogatari kept a sense of logic in the end, i expect to see more in to the heart of this crazy girl than just the fact that she's crazy.
BTW is she suffering from that sickness where you forget things by the other day? I don't think so but we will see.

Anyway not bad but not crazy about it ether. We will see how it develops.
And Shaft stick to these strange shows from now on. Don't ever try making an action series again because you suck at it.
MonadApr 6, 2010 1:42 PM
Apr 6, 2010 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
This is SHAFT at their best, and my favourite show of the season so far. The three characters introduced this episode were crazy and amusing to watch. I found myself smiling for the majority of the episode at how ridiculous some of the stuff was.

I am looking foward to watching the next episode.

Also, I am not too concerned by the lack of quality in the spring season so far. The three anime that I have the highest expectations for are RAINBOW, House of Five Leaves and Yojohan Shinwa Taikei. RAINBOW is out, but hasn't been subbed yet, and the other two don't air for another week (two for Yojohan). Plus there's other unsubbed anime like Senkou no Night Raid and Giant Killing which may also turn out to be good (or not, but I can't say without subs).

The reason I wasn't disappointed by Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Heroman and Angel Beats was because I didn't have particularly high expectations for them in the first place. In fact Arakawa is the first anime this season I had any kind of expectation for this season, and it didn't dissapoint.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 6, 2010 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
Well that was fun. Another interesting show by Shaft I'll definitely follow...
Apr 6, 2010 8:06 AM

Feb 2008
flygon250 said:
This is SHAFT at their best, and my favourite show of the season so far. The three characters introduced this episode were crazy and amusing to watch. I found myself smiling for the majority of the episode at how ridiculous some of the stuff was.

This. And we also got a very good cast.
Apr 6, 2010 8:57 AM
Apr 2010
Loved it!

Original (what kind of person think of this kind of plot? :P)

Funny characters/ Good dialogue. Can't wait for more.

This seasons shaping up really well!
Apr 6, 2010 9:17 AM

Jan 2009
This was... so damn strange. Maybe too strange for me :|...

Apr 6, 2010 10:57 AM
Dec 2008
dang that was so HILARIOUS
and yes its very unique.
and kamiya's voice makes it even better
Apr 6, 2010 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
It has my favorite voice actor and my favorite voice actress so that automatically makes it worth watching. I really liked it but I have a feeling I'll get tired of it as it goes on.
Apr 6, 2010 1:16 PM

Apr 2009
That was... not understandable.
Apr 6, 2010 1:43 PM

Jan 2010
Ehhehe, where should I start...

Shaft. not much else needs to be said. Had me laughing the entire time, and it definitely reminded me of Bobobo. i actually could follow what was going on for the most part, but I'd have figured that he'd be able to free himself from that pillar easily enough.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 6, 2010 1:54 PM

Apr 2008
I liked it a lot. It made me laugh. Looks like this show is going to be full of random crazy characters.

The cheif in the kappa costume made me laugh, and so did the way Nino got her name and how she sleeps. And Kou (recruit) just made me laugh through-out.

Breath||
Apr 6, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2008
this has to be one of the weirdest normal type animes i've seen so far
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 6, 2010 2:42 PM
Dec 2007
Maaya Sakamoto and Hiroshi Kamiya in a Shaft production directed by Shinbou. As silly as Seto no Hanayome mixed with Bakemonogatari but less funny and flamboyant obviously. Seems like I'll watch some more even though it's by no mean an original or coherent series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 6, 2010 2:43 PM
Jan 2009
spleen1013 said:
havsie said:
Another show that seems to be highly influenced by psychedelic drugs which is animated by Shaft. Who would've thought?

That's the reason why I love Shaft.

This.

+1

Also greatest first episode ever.
Apr 6, 2010 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
it's out of this world
Apr 6, 2010 4:16 PM

Apr 2010
Weird.. In a good way. I loved it!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Apr 6, 2010 4:48 PM

Oct 2009
most unique show I've seen so far . . . I liked it, interested to see what happens next.
kinda has a tim burton feel to it . . .
Apr 6, 2010 5:05 PM

May 2009
It's so much like Bakemonogatari, but i don't mind. I really like it already~
An anime that makes me laugh on the first episode is something special :]

p.s. I can't believe she went to sleep in that.... drawer?! XD
Apr 6, 2010 5:19 PM
Mar 2009
good episode
my god the similarity in animation to bakemonogatari... damn u shaft and eye scenes
yep mindfuck is kinda lolz
anybody notice Phoenix Wright reference kinda hard to miss if u were watchin

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Apr 6, 2010 7:11 PM
Jan 2010
Quite possibly one of the worst main characters ever, I wont be watching any more of this. I find absolutely nothing likable about Kou, and every time something might be funny he gets that damn retarded look on his face spoiling the moment, or just begins yelling his head off.
Apr 6, 2010 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
^ Haters gonna hate. nooooo

Because what I thought was exactly opposite.
Apr 6, 2010 7:27 PM

Nov 2008
^ I thought it was very entertaining despite being another gag anime like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei which I thought sucked harder than any comedy I have ever watched.
Apr 6, 2010 7:37 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
^ I thought it was very entertaining despite being another gag anime like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei which I thought sucked harder than any comedy I have ever watched.

We're in despair....
Apr 6, 2010 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:

We're in despair....
I watched the second season by accident which totally fucked up the real vibe in the first season.
Apr 6, 2010 8:01 PM

Jul 2009
This is sooooooo weird.

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Apr 6, 2010 8:33 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:

We're in despair....
I watched the second season by accident which totally fucked up the real vibe in the first season.
Nuuuu... D:

I liked ZokuSZS more than the first season. It was basically packed with all the innovative and experimental stuffs that SHAFT did.
Apr 6, 2010 10:02 PM

Jul 2008
Ahhh, Hiroshi as the lead again...? I love the guy but c'mon Shaft, pick someone else.
Anyway, I liked it in a weird way. It was rather, uh, maybe eccentric is the word? Looks like Shaft finally churned out something decent - then again, I thought that about the first episode of Bakemonogatari and ended up hating it. (inb4 raging Bakemono fanboys)

At least the animation is a vast improvement from Vampire Bund.

I liked it...I'll keep watching and see where this goes.
Apr 6, 2010 10:16 PM

Aug 2009
Wow.

That... was... AWESOME.
You know, I was like ''SHAFT? Well, I guess I'll watch it for teh lulz, since it'll turn out like shit anyway.''
But it didn't. It wasn't shit. It was AWESOME!

5/5
Apr 7, 2010 2:24 AM

Jun 2008
That was just AWESOME !!!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - Jun 20, 2010

113 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 6, 2010

89 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - May 30, 2010

122 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Boursk - May 23, 2010

148 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - May 9, 2010

116 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 16, 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.