Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2010 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
Moon_Syndrome said:
That Kanda's girldfriend looks like Alma... And it's not because I'm a huge fan of shounen-ai/yaoi, if you look diligently, she has the same hair cut, facil expression... I'm ***** confused. But... ;A; why?! Hoshino-Sensei... hurry.

We don't even know if that was Kanda's girlfriend yet. You can love your family too after all.

And I don't think they look particularly alike. In a manga it's normal for characters to resemble eqachother in looks just because it's drawn by the same person lol. If she is meant to look like Alma though, for all we know she could be Alma's mother, sister, whatever. That could also be sweet because maybe that'd mean they were friends threw her even before they both became second exorcists.
Apr 12, 2010 6:49 PM

Aug 2008
Moon_Syndrome said:
Fai said:
Either you are blind or I am.

That woman has long hair -___-

Duh, the long of the hair doesn't matter, it grows or can be cut.

please no yaoi thoughts
thx
Apr 19, 2010 11:22 PM

Jan 2010
Aaaaand finally caught up.
Very interesting story arc so far, though I'm glad I read it all together instead of one a month. Kanda's past is just so mortifying.

I'm not sure what the art shift is that people keep talking about though... I just read all the manga over the past month or two, and didn't notice much difference at all... >_> Same with the tone and style, though this last arc has been more depressing than usual. At least there are still humorous moments, which I've always liked in this series.

This series really needs to go back to being weekly though. It's going to take years to do this story arc. I mean eventually Allen's going to get out of Kanda's and Alma's memories, and there will be a fight with reawakened Alma (I'm assuming). Plus there's all these Noah, Level 4s, and the Millennium Earl there, plus the Fourteenth trying to take over Allen (I'm assuming). I frankly don't see how Allen and Kanda can handle all this, though I suppose they could get more backup as is usually the case in this series.
Jun 5, 2010 4:12 PM
Jun 2009
YukiKumo said:
We don't even know if that was Kanda's girlfriend yet. You can love your family too after all.

And I don't think they look particularly alike. In a manga it's normal for characters to resemble eqachother in looks just because it's drawn by the same person lol. If she is meant to look like Alma though, for all we know she could be Alma's mother, sister, whatever. That could also be sweet because maybe that'd mean they were friends threw her even before they both became second exorcists.

That's true,too xD it's just a theory 'cuz they really look alike, and Alma and Kanda are artificially created; that's why I said it and 'cuz Alma and "that women" looks really alike, really they look. (Well, for me)

Chimasternmay said:

please no yaoi thoughts
thx

Pardon me, Chimasternmay, but I'm not into yaoi when is about D.Gray-Man, 'cuz the story do not deserve to be into yaoi. It's just a theory. Thanks.
Jun 6, 2010 1:19 AM

Jan 2009
Moon_Syndrome said:
'cuz the story do not deserve to be into yaoi.
That kind of makes it sound like yaoi is the best thing there is, and D.Gray-man isn't good enough to contain yaoi xD..
Ah.. Don't mind me, felt like something I just had to say~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 7, 2010 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad they've finally filled in some of the Kanda plot. I wonder if we'll ever find out who the woman is. At first, I thought it was his mother but then with the whole artificial bodies thing I thought maybe his girlfriend. It's hard to say because in true manga fashion they're really vague about flashback dialogue and clues "I love you" "I'll wait for you forever" "We will be old grand parents". They would automatically send fangirl/boy thoughts to a lover but it remains vague enough to twist into something else.
May 23, 2016 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
Damn poor Kanda had such a tough life ;~;
Jul 5, 2017 3:11 PM

Feb 2013
That was sad.
They shouldn't fight each other, they should fight the ones who used their bodies.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Today

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
3 hours ago

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.