Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2010 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
Ivankov is just hilarious! I wonder what else he could do :D
Apr 5, 2010 9:00 PM

Oct 2007
Monochrome said:
ARG WHY END IT THERE. I should have waited another week before marathoning :<

lol it seems like people decided to dump their complaints on this episode. Little extra comedy parts have always been added throughout the series so why complain about it now? I hardly see the point, just skip them if they bother you so much. That's what I've been doing with some of the Buggy/Mr. 3 parts at least. Mostly because I already know what happens and don't really care for them~

I'm complaining about them now because they're actually becoming a nusiance now...the best part of Impel was how fast paced and how much action was in it...by breaking that up with this crappy comedy and subpar animation is really starting to ruin it...I haven't minded it much throughout much since it didn't really matter...but we're at the damn climax now...I'd just like to see things done right. I really don't think thats too much to ask for.
Apr 7, 2010 9:30 AM

Sep 2008
saw no filler <o/
Apr 7, 2010 11:57 AM

May 2007
Want next ep nao ! D:

Apr 7, 2010 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
Moar! I need Moar!
Apr 7, 2010 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode.
Apr 8, 2010 12:29 AM

Jun 2008
They are really killing this arc, with this kind of slow pace and stupid fillers.
Apr 8, 2010 11:49 AM

Nov 2007
Boring shit. Gonna take a break from One Piece.
Apr 8, 2010 7:03 PM

Jan 2009
They need to pick up the story a little more in the episodes -_-
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Apr 9, 2010 10:54 PM

Apr 2007
Dreamtheater2112 said:
I'm complaining about them now because they're actually becoming a nusiance now...the best part of Impel was how fast paced and how much action was in it...by breaking that up with this crappy comedy and subpar animation is really starting to ruin it...I haven't minded it much throughout much since it didn't really matter...but we're at the damn climax now...I'd just like to see things done right. I really don't think thats too much to ask for.
Well the pace has been bad since Thriller Bark, the animation has been very shaky too (you figure one of the most popular series in Japan would have a better budget...), with hardly any change since. I've given up hope on either of those improving. Although where the manga is now there should be no need for this series to be so slow and I can't see how it would be possible with the upcoming confrontation.

As for the comedy, it's probably the best solution they could come up with to 'help' with the pace, considering One Piece is a master in that area. I can understand your complaints though.

But anyway I don't care for the Impel Down arc, the only thing I like about it is Magellan and Hannybal oh and Crocodile reappearing, which is mainly why I'm not bothered by all this as much as you guys are. I'll only complain if a few moments in the next arc are not properly animated and

--------------------------------

I think what One Piece needs to do is end. Then it can take a few months off, wait for more chapters to be released, and start a new series like Naruto. Except not turn out to be a failure. It would be perfect for this to happen after the next arc since there are very high chances of

Though I doubt it will end for a very long time...
MonochromeApr 9, 2010 11:16 PM
Apr 10, 2010 12:58 AM

Apr 2009
^yes.. i also think there will be a new Series..
tho it wont 'end'...
i mean did naruto had a break before making shippuden ? o_O
Apr 10, 2010 3:59 PM

Oct 2007
you know thats exactly what I was thinking...just end One Piece after this arc and start up a second season somewhere along down the road...honestly all long running shounens need to start doing that.
Apr 10, 2010 5:49 PM

Jul 2006
Dreamtheater2112 said:
you know thats exactly what I was thinking...just end One Piece after this arc and start up a second season somewhere along down the road...honestly all long running shounens need to start doing that.

It'll make no sense to end it after Impel Down.

The second season should be One Piece: New World, and it should start after Marineford.

Of course, Japan is filled with dumbasses, so that wont happen.

Apr 10, 2010 5:51 PM

Jul 2007
Justicles said:
Dreamtheater2112 said:

The second season should be One Piece: New World, and it should start after Marineford.

If they end it after impel down ill be one pissed off fan and im sure everyone else will be. The marinford arc is actually more likely going to be the end of one piece.

Apr 10, 2010 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
Justicles said:
Dreamtheater2112 said:

thats wut i ment. Ending it after Impel would be fucking retarded =/

when I referenced this arc I was referring to the "rescue ace" thing as a whole...I really don't view Impel and Marienford as two separate arcs
Apr 10, 2010 10:43 PM

Jul 2007
Considering the saga is called the "whitebeard war saga" i don't think they will end it at impel down.

Apr 25, 2010 7:26 AM

May 2008
they are almost to level 3 already =) halfway there!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 26, 2010 4:10 AM

Oct 2008
Zzzz.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 27, 2010 6:40 AM

Feb 2009
It's dragging... I antecipate the next fights.
Jun 17, 2010 3:35 AM

Jun 2008
It's taking so long....-.-

Sadi-chan is pissing me off with her 'mmm' D=
Dec 25, 2010 9:45 AM

Oct 2009
Meh Buggy and Mr.3 has way too much screen-time, i wish they would just show the fight and stop wasting time with their crap :\
Its dragging way too much imo ;_;
May 13, 2011 4:19 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was a bit slow. Not much really happen. The scenes with buggy and Mr 3 are kind of getting old.

Those demon guards went down a little to fast if you ask me. It was pretty much just like the manga which i found was kind of rushed. The battle against sadi and iva though is underway and he is now a women lol.

I really want to know what happen to Black beards crew though and what Shiyra of the rain did.
ArtimesGamerMay 13, 2011 4:28 PM

May 13, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2007
JusticeGundam said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Man, people are complaining about idiotic things, this episode was good.
Let me guess, it's idiotic because it's true? Or should I not complain because it's against One Piece gods gift to anime?
*They are sugarcoating the whole arc. And they've been slightly sugar coating the series ever since they took out Law flipping off Kidd.
*The whole flow of the episode is being disrupted by the constant filler material. I rather have actual filler episodes, than half an arc be filler. I don't even want to know how the next arc is going to be like. You could honestly animate the whole thing in 5-6 episodes.
*You like it, fine, but that's still not going to make it good. That's like saying I should not call Fairy Tail bad just because people like it. People do like it, and it's an awful series, just like these episodes.

And if you are going to call my complaining idiotic, then at least give me a reason, instead of being another idiotic fanboy defending EVERYTHING that is One Piece.

The manga and anime are different. Get that through your head. And honestly i have seen all of your posts on one peice and you put everything down that is filler related and its kind of tiring. I respect your views on the shows but don't expect the anime to have the same exact pacing to the mark of the manga. That would make the progression of the series seem WAY to fast imo. Just imagine if each battle was like the manga, a few pages. I mean what is that?? lol. Manga's also get the point across and the story related events but the action in the manga is like way to fast. I find my self just reading a manga page and the battle is over in a matter of minutes. Where as those extensions on the battles or the action scenes are very necessary to make them flow well with the anime. It's hard for me to make sence of this but perhaps some one else can explain it better.

Aug 2, 2011 2:42 AM

May 2010
Simply the best.. what else can I ask for? There’s something One Piece is doing correctly which is making this anime – amazing.. Everything from Luffy/Jinbei/Crocodile/Iva and the matchup with Shinryu and Blackbeard is epic.. the Buggy et. al is kinda losing its touch.. wasn’t so attentive and somehow the jokes got lame.. I’m really excited with the Shinryu fight.. I wish Zoro was able to challenge this fellow.. and also Hannyabel is hilarious to watch with his ambition to become a Warden. :-D
Aug 21, 2011 9:08 AM

May 2010
I haven't read the manga and I still recognize the fillers. It's really not hard to see that they're blatantly dragging this out with stuff that is too stupid to be in the manga ;)
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 4, 2012 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
hmmmm i haven't noticed anything too terrible about pacing
this is why i haven't read the manga yet - so i won't start raging like people here
Nov 23, 2012 1:24 PM

Mar 2010
Confused for a bit..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2014 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
"I BET YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY FRIENDS! APART FROM YOUR TOILET, THAT IS!"
Ouch, that's hurt a lot xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 8, 2014 12:22 AM

Jan 2014
Hannyabal is going to make himself useful.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Next up.

Jun 14, 2015 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
on to the next
Aug 29, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2015
I want Zoro to show up and take down the head jailer with the red sword, but knowing his sense of direction I doubt he's still even in the grand line.

Female Ivanko gave me nightmares

Possible Spoiler?

I'm guessing red sword guy has joined blackbeards crew
Jul 27, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
I want to see what makes Shiryu so special!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 3:05 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
link9us said:
Justicles said:
They could have easily done this arc with minimal filler stuff, and then have a few filler eps dedicated to Buggy, and call them "Buggy's and Mr.3's Escape from Impel Down".

Honestly, and I remember when filler in the actual episodes were decent, this is just killing it.

Oh will you stop your whining be thankful that one piece is not in filler madness like naruto and bleach is.

True, but those 2 are annoying anyway. It's really out of place right now anyway.

Oct 1, 2017 10:12 AM
Sep 2017
Finally they are getting somewhere. Feels like the series been stuck kinda in a few episodes, but the last one and this really made me excited! Cant wait til they reach Ace-san ^^
Oct 4, 2017 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
damnit I got assignments to finish and presentations to prepare but I can't stop watching

I love chaos and this arc is perfect for me
Blackbeard vs Shiryu. I can't wait
Dec 7, 2017 9:58 AM

Feb 2017
''I bet you don't even have any friends apart from your toilet!''
Mar 21, 2019 4:04 AM

Jun 2016
Although normally I love the filler content added to extend the manga content, like extending single panel jokes, adding tension by reflecting on Kuma's decision of letting Zoro live or not, or the way it added numerous head bashes in the Kizaru encounter and that horrifying moment where Usopp crawled on his back firing at Kuma to no avail. Even in this arc it added so much to the starvation hell and added hilarious and endearing moments the manga didn't have, and the Zoro and Perona episode gave me a far greater understanding of Perona than the manga chapter did. I mean let's not forget about Ace and Nami appearing more than they did in the manga counterpart. Yet, I do completely feel what people have been mentioning. These last episodes have made me want to switch to the manga due to how little progresses each time. I liked last episode for setting up all the pieces in the battle and giving an overview of it but once that was done it should have sped it up in my opinion instead of inching forward each one only so slightly. That all said, I think this is also due to the lack of 'deep' characters, even in the slow episodes before this I have so much fun trying to understand the little nuances the Straw Hats show. Even during this arc realizing the way Mr. 3, and Buggy compliment each other and understanding Bon Clay more were a blast. Plus it was awesome to get to know Buggy and Luffy's relationship as comrades. Yet, these last episodes have been mostly, in my opinion, plot and so little has been progressing that by the end I am excited for more but feel I am ultimately experiencing a version that is taking away from the original story too much.

I think I'll stick with the anime for now, I did like this arc leading up to now and like I said I think the filler content added into arcs can be amazing at times and really enhance the original story. Unfortunately the filler content can also take away from it. By adding to the Ivan vs Sadie fight and adding that huge section of Buggy and Mr.3's jokes, and adding the Hannyabal dance for Warden, it all took away from what I feel should be a frantic and chaotic race out of Impel Down to save Ace's life. Instead it feels like a slow trudge of comedy and unimportant, irrelevant moments.

So this episode had Saldeath and Sadie's forces taken out and backed into a corner. It had Buggy and Mr. 3 attempt to break out of level 2 in what honestly made me laugh. Ivan and Sadie started fighting. Hannyabal was set up to fight Luffy, and we should remember he did take down the chop chop and wax wax men so he is a threat. We also had Shiryu confront but possibly side with Blackbeard. So, to say nothing happened would be a lie and I honestly did enjoy it, I'm just being influenced by the discussion going on in the thread and comparing it to the tone of the manga.
Aug 21, 2020 5:18 PM

May 2020
Honestly, I'm convinced that Buggy and Mr. 3 trying to escape is just filler...
Aug 25, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2016
Ivankov's female form might need a paper bag but it's not half bad as expected from his Female Hormones. I wonder if Sadie-chan would turn into Sadie-kun by the time the match ends.

I'm surprised that Shiryu didn't bother to fight Blackbeard in the end but it was definitely a smart and reasonable move for him to not bother fighting for the very people who kept him locked up for a very long time now.

Everyone's awesome as usual!

Sep 24, 2020 5:32 AM

Dec 2007
slow but good episode.

ivancov's female form is ugly as his male xD
May 28, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2019
The Vice-captain is here himself.
Aug 13, 2022 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
Not sure if Ivankov was a woman the whole time or just changes his gender now, don't want to make assumptions lol, but in female form "she" has a really sexy body, lol, I hope this comment won't come back to bite me in the ass.

PunkeroAug 13, 2022 6:16 PM
Feb 9, 2023 6:50 PM
Feb 2022
Me gusta Sadie-chan. Hanybal ahora ama y respeta a su jefe. Y Syriu se ve que traiciono a los marines. He estado esperando a ver el estilo de pelea de Hanybal, y se dará el próximo capitulo.
Jun 13, 2023 11:50 PM
Oct 2019
Ivankov can be your Waifu or Husbando anytime you want. lol
Jul 8, 2023 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
This was just an ok episode. I mean Luffy and the others are still on the bridge in level 4 and I was hoping to see a bit more Black Beard action. A shame really this arc is good but it’s dragged out.
Nov 16, 2023 1:32 AM

Mar 2017
Buggy’s cursing at Magellan made me laugh.. “you’ve got no friends other than the toilet seat!” “you’re gonna have loose bowels all night long!” lmao

Seriously though, as strong as Magellan is, that poison-poison fruit sounds like the worst in terms of side effects. I’m wondering if this weakness will inadvertently save the day later on
Jan 28, 4:51 AM

Oct 2019
Honestly, the inserts of Mr. 3 and Buggy escaping are fun for me! They do take me out of the main story about saving Ace, though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 29, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.