Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2010 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
the first episode is okay..but the pacing need to slow down a little^^'
jjihhyeApr 3, 2010 12:25 PM

Apr 3, 2010 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
seems very promising . I don't mind the ecchi elements but it seems a little fast paced.Will be looking forward for the next ep
Apr 3, 2010 12:31 PM

Mar 2010
I actually like that it is fast paced. It's a lot better than having to watch/wait for OVER 9000 episodes. I enjoyed this episode it made me laugh quite a lot (Cleaning Duty ROFL). This kinda reminds of Harry Potter O_o. Anyways, I figured that even if the series goes by fast, it could possibly be an enjoyable one ;D
Apr 3, 2010 2:19 PM

Sep 2009

There's my opinion of this ep.

I mean honestly, this episode was nothing but fanservice, bad exposition, bad exposition, more bad exposition, really, really bad pacing, and a plot that could have been liveable, but wasn't in the face of all the above issues.

I suppose the first rotten apple of the season has shown itself.
Apr 3, 2010 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
Lind_L_Tailor said:

I mean honestly, this episode was nothing but fanservice, bad exposition, bad exposition, more bad exposition, really, really bad pacing, and a plot that could have been liveable, but wasn't in the face of all the above issues.

Nothing But fan service? Were we watching the same show? It didnt even have that much fan service...The pacing wasn't bad either, i dunno where people get this from. It....went....how it was supposed too? Is pacing another reason people think they hate a show...im gonna guess it is. Pacing can be really slow, like those billion episode shonens, but i dunno about everything else.

The first rotten apple of the season was bakugan, sir.
Apr 3, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:

I thought the first rotten apple was B Gata but I digress.

You know, watching it again, I don't think this had that much fanservice. I mean, not saying it didn't have fanservice at all, but it wasn't like, let's say, Ladies versus Butlers.
Apr 3, 2010 3:24 PM

Sep 2009
Backfirenum001 said:
Nothing But fan service? Were we watching the same show? It didnt even have that much fan service...

Yes, we were. And the first shot of any significant female character is a fanservice shot, if that tells you anything. Also, I didn't say "Nothing but fanservice", I said "Nothing but *long list of things, the first of which was fanservice".

And yes, it did have bad pacing.
LindleApr 3, 2010 4:03 PM
Apr 3, 2010 3:31 PM

Aug 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:
Nothing But fan service? Were we watching the same show? It didnt even have that much fan service...

Yes, we were. And the first shot of any significant female character is a fanservice shot, if that tells you anything. Also, I didn't say "Nothing but fanservice", I said "Nothing but *long list of things, the first of which was fanservice".

And yes, it did have bad pacing.

Oi! I didn't say that! You quoted wrong, that was Backfire!
Apr 3, 2010 4:05 PM

Sep 2009
garfield15 said:
Oi! I didn't say that! You quoted wrong, that was Backfire!

Sorry 'bout that, haven't got a clue how it happened. It also cut off half of my message.

garfield15 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

I thought the first rotten apple was B Gata but I digress.

...I didn't actually watch that, so I suppose I should rephrase that as "First rotten apple i've seen".
Apr 3, 2010 4:19 PM

Jul 2009
Looks interesting. Hope that this doesn't go downhill.
This is a signature.
Apr 3, 2010 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
I had no plans on watching this, but had an extra 25 minutes to give it a try.

Way better than I had expected it to be. There's just the right amount of fan service, and a fairly interesting story line.

To nay sayers: What did you expect this to be, its harem.
Apr 3, 2010 5:17 PM

Apr 2009
Not bad. I like the first eposide. It was really funny.
Apr 3, 2010 5:29 PM
Jun 2008
skyisover said:
It was soooo boring..
i wonder what so boring about it? the art? or the character?
Apr 3, 2010 5:36 PM

Aug 2008
First episode was pretty great, funny. But its one of those series that I feel like it will start off with a great deal of strength, and lose all momentum, falling into a pit of stereotypical ecchiness by episode 3.
Apr 3, 2010 5:51 PM

Feb 2008
I'm surprised at how good this looks! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 3, 2010 5:54 PM

Feb 2008
Rockbound said:
I actually like that it is fast paced. It's a lot better than having to watch/wait for OVER 9000 episodes. I enjoyed this episode it made me laugh quite a lot (Cleaning Duty ROFL). This kinda reminds of Harry Potter O_o. Anyways, I figured that even if the series goes by fast, it could possibly be an enjoyable one ;D

Yeah that penguin thing was definitely a copy of the sorting hat from HP.
Apr 3, 2010 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
I enjoyed this a lot. I really like stories that revolve around magic, and magic academies so this is right up my alley.
Apr 3, 2010 9:02 PM

Feb 2009
Even thought I don't care for ecchi and harem theme anime this one is a little better than the previous ones. Still haven't decided which one I'll keep watching, but that one has potential if they don't mess it up.
Apr 3, 2010 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
OK,
yes the pace was rather quick in this episode.
But perhaps they are just rushing all the characters in so they can spend more time on the main story line.

As for the amount of fan service?
I have seen shows with alot more and they still had a good story to rely on.

1 episode in, I am going to hold of condemning the entire series until I get a few more episodes watched and see how it goes.
Apr 3, 2010 11:11 PM

Aug 2009
Not Bad at all :3
I'm going to watch it ~
Apr 4, 2010 1:52 AM
Jul 2009
That was very entertaining.
Apr 4, 2010 2:13 AM
Jun 2008
Backfirenum001 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Nothing But fan service? Were we watching the same show? It didnt even have that much fan service...The pacing wasn't bad either, i dunno where people get this from. It....went....how it was supposed too? Is pacing another reason people think they hate a show...im gonna guess it is. Pacing can be really slow, like those billion episode shonens, but i dunno about everything else.

The first rotten apple of the season was bakugan, sir.
I guess when someone hate something, even the devil king do not have the power to convince ^^.The pace is kinda slow yet the story went kinda fast(well alot to introduce such as character,environment and etc) before he is known as Devil king,but after that the pace went quite fast i think
Apr 4, 2010 3:39 AM

Sep 2009
Well, in all fariness it's not the worst godawful ecchi anime i've ever watched, that award still goes to Dokuro-chan, but godawful ecchi is still godawful ecchi.
Apr 4, 2010 3:40 AM

Dec 2007
wtf is with the censors, they literally half erase one of the hattori's boobs, srsly if they are going to censor something, do it right, lets wait for the uncensored to be release :D

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 4, 2010 9:12 AM

Oct 2009
Definitely enjoyed it. Not sure I'm really at all into the ecchi they've thrown in there (in fact, I know I'm not), but the whimsicality of the narrative seems enough to pull me in for another episode or three. I'm a little worried it might turn out to be a harem, with Hattori being the requisite Naru Narusegawa character. Either way, I'll keep watching for now.
Apr 4, 2010 10:57 AM

May 2008
"I heard if he touches you, you'll get pregnant!"

LOL. Best line ever.

I have to say, this spring season is going to be a good one..I love this show already. Awesome first episode.

Apr 4, 2010 11:00 AM

Feb 2010
KayChan4U said:

LOL. Best line ever.

I have to say, this spring season is going to be a good one..I love this show already. Awesome first episode.

Yeah i noticed that too XD.
Apr 4, 2010 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
KayChan4U said:

That would've been a great line if I hadn't already heard it at least one other series.
Apr 4, 2010 11:43 AM

Dec 2009
SoFarGone said:
felt like harry potter in the beginning.

that's exactly what i thought

looks to be very promising.
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2010 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, I had a lot of fun watching this!
Apr 4, 2010 3:04 PM

Nov 2009
I agree with a few other posts; Too many big events happened that it didn't feel right.
1. He makes a friend by helping her grandma and fascinating her about his dream 2. He finds out he is a demon king 3. He is introduced to the class 4. Fights over class pres. 5. Fights 2 minutes later into the show, with the same person proceeding with a second explosion. 6. Who the heck was the floating girl who randomly appeared in the forest?
I did laugh a few times, but i hope it improves next episode.
Apr 4, 2010 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
It was good, I liked it. The action scenes looked especially nice. I'm just really, really hoping this series doesn't go overboard with the ecchi. Seriously, they're cartoons, I would rather they focus on the plot instead of drawing panties.
Apr 4, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
WHY IS THIS ONLY 12 EPISODES!? F***! Now I'm gonna be able to predict every plot point in this.
Apr 4, 2010 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, I felt this opening episode was really good.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 4, 2010 6:59 PM

May 2009
felo said:
wtf is with the censors, they literally half erase one of the hattori's boobs
Plenty of different censors in this episode. A thing that said "minaide", half of the screen being covered by blackness, and a smudged/blurred sideboob. It's strange because I saw some upskirts that weren't censored, and Hattori's boobs were all over the place. Argh, I'll never understand censoring, no point in thinking about it. DVDs. I hope Ryuumaru subs the ATX version if it's uncensored.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. It was fun and the action towards the end was nicely animated. The way they got to know their future jobs really reminded me of Harry Potter as well, lol. I hope the pacing slows down a little in the next episode, too much stuff happened in this one.
stAtic91Apr 4, 2010 7:06 PM
Apr 5, 2010 12:43 AM

Sep 2007
At first glance I did not like the animation style as I thought it was very "choppy" in the beginning of the episode, however the general story and characters made up for it. Though I believe a lot of the ecchi was unnecessary and/or forced, it didn't "ruin" the episode for me. I am interested to see where this is going considering I have never read the manga.
Apr 5, 2010 1:14 AM

Dec 2009
"future occupation... demon lord!"

hehe.

i thought the anime was really funny, enjoyable, and entertaining. i have high hopes for it for the up coming episodes.

i agree with Otaku7 about the ecchi was unnecessay and some what forced in scenes, but didnt ruin the anime as a whole.

d-un1t gives this anime, a 5 outta 5.
Apr 5, 2010 2:59 AM

May 2008
Lmao this is funny but a bit too fast

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 5, 2010 4:59 AM

Oct 2008
haha 1st episode was quite something ;] i hope it will hold this level
Apr 5, 2010 5:01 AM

Jun 2009
greenmush said:

I don't think so. Speed of this episode was perfect for me, it could be boring when slower.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 5, 2010 5:51 AM

Oct 2009
The story is good but I find it cheesy as in demon lord then everyone kill him because he is a danger to society but turns out he is not and suddenly a evil power takes him over only to be stopped by his friends kind of thing. The really interesting key points for me: magic types used, systems of magic, map of this world and mechanical/tools used in this series. So far I have seen a wooden blade imbued with magic from the user and that would be Junko herself. Torii is interesting also as a teacher since she can do protective magic. Soga herself was not bad at the end. Miwa looks like a ass licker (literally I only see him as someone who know information that might be helpful to Sai). Sai on the other hand looks like Mister I get all the girls, protect them and try to change around things. Among the things......I was curious about the rail tracks being magical and how do they work exactly=>

Oh really? I did not know when someone touches you can get pregnant do any of you?=>
Interesting fan service of Junko seems to be the high point of this series=>

Personally the censors are annoying simply because there three types......the sticker one, the blackness one and even the blurr....not all of it is censored since I also saw some part of Junko that were no censored like her underwear part and some breast parts where were covered.At least the demon looked evil enough here=>

Oh well GIF time....a good start of GIF making: Junko fan service=>

Junko attacks=>

Sai Akuto's attacks and they were brutal mass effects!=>

Soga Kena GIFs=>
BTW I don't trust Korone that observer at the end nor those 4 girls around in beginning talking about Sai.....Oh yea Junko....what is that Suhara thing exactly and where does it come from....I am interested in that too.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 5, 2010 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
It reminds me of Negima, kinda.

Might rewatch when the AT-X uncensored raw gets subbed... for, er, research purposes.
Apr 5, 2010 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
Know what francis? "I was curious about the rail tracks being magical and how do they work exactly"... Thing is, it doesn't work. And who cares how it works in an anime? It doesn't matter, does it? It's a trivial thing that has nothing to do with anything.
Don't try to apply anime to real life. (Again)

Also, what's wrong with Korone anyway? : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 5, 2010 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
Haylias said:
It reminds me of Negima, kinda.

BLASPHEMY.

To be fair, they begin kinda similarly, but that's mostly because both remind me of Harry Potter more than one reminds me of the other.

And I doubt this will ever reach the levels of awesome that Negima (the manga, obviously) reached. Or even come close.

OrochiPL said:
greenmush said:

It could be boring when slower.

I really think a show shouldn't rely on fast pacing to compensate for the lack of anything interesting. But maybe that's just me. :P
Apr 5, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Know what francis? "I was curious about the rail tracks being magical and how do they work exactly"... Thing is, it doesn't work. And who cares how it works in an anime? It doesn't matter, does it? It's a trivial thing that has nothing to do with anything.

Know what? It's my birthday Oosran boy! Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars....hope you can communicate in French somehow. Anyways rail tracks applying to real life? Nah I know better in this case but I still wonder how they work because curiosity never hurts less it bites you.
Oosran said:

Korone? Oh nothing just that I think she is working for the bad guys....

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 5, 2010 6:46 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Know what? It's my birthday Oosran boy! Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars....hope you can communicate in French somehow. Anyways rail tracks applying to real life? Nah I know better in this case but I still wonder how they work because curiosity never hurts less it bites you.
Oh, right, right. >.>
But no, I don't drink. And I wouldn't even think about smoking a cigar. Even less would I try communicating in French xD
Anyway.. You're drunk, aren't you?

francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Korone? Oh nothing just that I think she is working for the bad guys....
Well, if by "bad guys" you mean the government (or whatever), of course she works for them, since she's an observer sent to watch the dude in case he'd take a turn towards becoming a demon lord...
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 5, 2010 6:49 AM

Sep 2008
OH MY GOD. This is the best ecchi anime I've ever seen before.
Apr 5, 2010 8:42 AM

Sep 2009
Putting aside the censoring on teh undies...I really liked this episode 5/5 :D

Can't wait to see more of this anime.

I really hope there's going to be a director's cut for this, just like with seikon no qwaser...because the manga is pure win compared to its anime version
InariusApr 5, 2010 9:48 AM
Apr 5, 2010 10:31 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars

Am I the only one that just completely rofl'd at that?
Apr 5, 2010 12:56 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars

Am I the only one that just completely rofl'd at that?

No, me too. xD
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Jun 18, 2010

283 by kris2sleepy »»
Oct 26, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.