Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2008 10:34 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't quite get Fakir's character. It doesn't look like he's aligned with the raven yet he wants to also keep Mytho from regaining his heart. Krae...err Rue on the other hand started questioning who she was in the middle of a fight. Perhaps she's being brainwashed by the raven?

It looks like next episode will be packed with revelations so hopefully some questions will be answered.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Apr 7, 2008 11:43 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty perceptive. No worries, your questions will be addressed.
Aug 5, 2008 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
a little more of his whining and i'll really consider mytho gay x[
Aug 14, 2008 6:23 AM

May 2008
Drosselmeyer is just too honest for his own good lol. Making a situation worse than it already is. Also, sadism.
Honestly I think the episode would have been better had he never shown up.
Since his appearance didn't affect the outcome.

Also yes, I'm ever more confused as to the motive of Rue and Fakir.

Mytho can't be gay, he doesn't have feelings. Or at least not the ones about love back.
I don't know where you're getting this "whiny" thing from either. He's just indecisive.
And also, what does whiny have to do with homosexuality. I've never noticed gays or lesbians to be whiny. o.o

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 22, 2009 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
I liked the part with Drosselmeyer. It was funny to see him going crazy because he thought the story would stop. And he's one of my favorite characters.

The first time I watched this episode, I didn't even notice that The Beautiful Blue Danube was in it and that is one of my favorite songs.
Jan 25, 2010 5:38 AM

Oct 2009
I think it's cool having a character like Drosselmeyer jump in to keep things on track. It puts the story in a different perspective.
Mar 8, 2010 8:53 PM

Feb 2008
tainteddonut said:
I don't quite get Fakir's character. It doesn't look like he's aligned with the raven yet he wants to also keep Mytho from regaining his heart. Krae...err Rue on the other hand started questioning who she was in the middle of a fight. Perhaps she's being brainwashed by the raven?

I think Rue is the Raven, and she lost her memories when the prince lost his heart, which means that Fakir may actually be the prince's friend, and is trying to keep him from remembering who he was in order to keep the raven trapped, and possibly because the prince was very emotionally damaged even before he shattered his own heart.

wondering what Rue will do with that piece of heart though.
Dec 30, 2010 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
Ah the beautiful blue Danube... opps got lost in the music there. :D

ShadowVari said:
I think it's cool having a character like Drosselmeyer jump in to keep things on track. It puts the story in a different perspective.

I agree since Drosselmeyer knows the entire big picture being the creator of the original story, though I don't know what his goal is at the end of it all. I wonder who Edel really is? And what's his connection with Drosselmeyer? She seems to know a lot too and always has something to advise or say to the characters especially Ahiru.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 19, 2011 4:44 AM

Feb 2011
Odile has appeared..
Mar 23, 2012 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
Dat beautiful Gyumnopedies Dai 1 Ban
Apr 28, 2012 2:57 AM

Feb 2010
The music!

I am lolicon. First thing I notice when she turned back into a duck is her panties. ;x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2012 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Going to have to smack myself for putting this on-hold when the series was starting to get genuinely interesting. Lots of intriguing things going on, particularly Drosselmeyer and the fact that this is seeming more and more like a "living story". Plus it was fun seeing him panic while worrying the story will end prematurely. Of course, Fakir and Rue continue to be as enigmatic as ever.

Rue is probably the crow though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 8, 2014 10:53 PM

Sep 2011
Interesting to see how Mute's yearning for his loneliness and sadness to become relieved overthrew his feeling of being afraid of Tutu.
GaryFrostJan 8, 2014 10:58 PM
Jan 9, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
I'm really curious about Fakir's reason for wanting to keep Mythos from restoring his heart. Maybe it could be for the better, given how much Dosselmeyer keeps foreshadowing a tragic story and his motives seem very suspicious now that he's deceiving her. I'm still wondering who exactly Rue is, I think the heart shard caused her to question herself.

This series is pretty trippy and I'm loving the mysteries surrounding it all. The cat-sensei got his hopes up for nothing :p and that chihuahua student was so random.
Jan 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
kitty teacher... why do you want to marry young girls?
u gay
Jul 15, 2014 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
Cat-sensei humming the wedding song during intermission was priceless. It was funny but also a bit sad.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 25, 2014 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
I'm surprised Neko-sensei hasn't lost his job, asking young girls to marry him and such.

Hmm so Princess Raven comes in, and it looks like she's here to stop Mytho from getting the pieces of his heart back. Interesting...I wonder how this will play out.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
I liked the part where Drosselmeyer decided to intervene.

Mr. Cat, why don't you have a seat over there.
May 16, 2016 6:53 PM

Dec 2015
I don't understand the meta-story thing. Everything that happens is a story written by Drosselmeyer, except he doesn't has full control of it, but there are also stories in the story, I think that's how it is?

That aside, this episode was perfect. The scene with Neko sensei was hilarious, Drosselmeyer's appearance was cool, as always, Princess Tutu and Mytho were pretty heartwarming and a new (?) character appeared.

So far this is a really enjoyable show to watch.
Dec 20, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2014
Oh no! The raven has shown up! This can't be good news!
Jan 1, 2017 2:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ukonkivi said:
Honestly I think the episode would have been better had he never shown up.
In a way, I think it was necessary. To me, it was a subtle way of showing that, having set the stage and set events in motion, the story and characters have taken on a life of their own and, as a result, he is losing influence over the characters and the events.
Feb 22, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2014
Fakir? more like Fucker.

Things are getting darker, I'm loving this anime.
Jun 8, 2017 1:39 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm. I've been thinking either Fakir or Rue was the Raven since episode 2, but the way this episode showed Rue become Princess Kraehe makes me wonder if it's more that she's being used by the Raven rather than actually being the Raven. Then again, she questioned who she was during the fight, so... I guess we need more context.

Fakir is starting to seem more like a good guy as of now.

It looks like my theory about Drosselmeyer is confirmed. He's manipulating the general direction of the story, but since the story is technically incomplete, he's dead, and reality has intermingled he can only give pushes and nudges-- the characters are still making the decisions and are ultimately in control of what happens.

Princess Kraehe doesn't seem like she can be reasoned with. Will this anime feature combat?
Apr 9, 2019 5:19 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had a strong Evangelion's vibes because of those classical music playing throughout ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 29, 2019 5:28 PM

Jul 2016
I wonder what or who that crow is....
Sep 28, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2018
Rue: changes clothes
Ahiru: I've never met this girl in my life

Jul 6, 2021 8:50 AM

May 2020
Edel seems to be an agent of Drosselmeyer, seeing as how she has some degree of omnipotence and also because when Drosselmeyer leaves he says "I'll leave it in your hands", followed by her collecting Ahiru's stone and dropping it into the river.

And now enters the rival Kraehe. Looks like Rue isn't aware that she's Kraehe.
Oct 24, 2022 12:40 PM

Apr 2022
I've got strong flashbacks from this episode to Madoka Magika, throwing the gem from the bridge and Princess Kraehe appearance similar to certain Rebellion scene
Jan 2, 3:02 PM

Jan 2020
First of all what a way to show Ahiru's breakdown when realizing that by having good intentions doesn't mean your actions are good.

I just suspected that Ahiru restoring Myuuto's feelings would attract the raven in any moment but I didn't expect it to be Rue to be honest. I am guessing that Fakir was avoiding someone to restore Myuuto's feelings with that specific purpose of protecting him, even by behaving like an asshole. Yes he also has good intentions but being obsessive and abusive isn't the way to protect someone.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.