MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Monster Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Monster »» Monster Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Monster Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

64 82.05%
4 out of 5: Liked it

12 15.38%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 2.56%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 78

04-07-08, 7:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa! What an episode! I almost thought that Tenma was going to get caught.
Also, I loved the expression of Runge, and he did next, after getting stabbed by that guy =P

10-13-08, 4:24 AM

Runge is such a douchebag, I can't believe he still suspects Tenma after he saved his life. If he were really guilty, why would he save the life of somebody that's after him?

11-16-08, 1:08 AM

That Runge is disgusting and nuts. He is so emotionless that he could be the perfect murderer.-

11-30-08, 7:36 PM

A couple episodes ago, I said I thought there was something admirable and likable about Runge lol. I totally had him misjudged.

Runge is like Captain Ahab, and Tenma is his white whale. Nothing else matters to him anymore. I wasn't disappointed that he still suspects Kenzo of murder. I was more surprised that he said he didn't give a crap about solving the copycat murder. Now we know that Runge isn't particularly noble in his pursuit. He's just losing his sanity because Tenma is the one thing that's smudging his perfect record.

Not that I totally hate Runge now. I just see him differently, because he is kind of a douchebag, but he's still an intriguing character.

12-08-08, 1:16 PM

Man Lunge is so obsessed that it's kind of funny and I was not expecting him to be stabbed. It was a nice surprise. Lunge is still my favorite character so far ;P

02-10-09, 10:11 AM

Good episode, it was all about Lunge and his only thirst right now.

08-10-09, 8:23 AM

Runge is the proper psycho here XD...he's so obsessed with his perfect record that he doesn't think for a second that he might be mistaken about Tenma.

08-25-09, 11:43 PM

nice episode Runge= epicness

01-27-10, 11:16 AM

Wasn't Runge fired? Or did I miss something. Anyway, I liked this episode. It shows Runge's obsession over Tenma. He is sacrificing his work, and other cases, even his career, by threatening that journalist, to catch Tenma. This psychological change in his mind, from a perfect detective, solving every case, to an obsessed psychopath just shows his fragility. Runge might not show any emotions to people around him, however, he is fragile inside. Runge is worried that he did not solve Tenma's case fully. Even if he says that he thinks he solved the case, and is sure that Tenma is the killer. There is a slight uncertainty deep inside him, that causes Runge to loose himself. His last words saying something like its fun to chase after a criminal like Tenma mean that he did not find any logical reasons why his theory should not be true. That makes him even more worried. (Tenma saving his life has nothing to do with it, because Runge's theory says that Tenma is a schizophrenic and cannot kill in his good state). This concludes to situation that Runge might go insane at the end of the anime, because it seems that Runge will only be satisfied when his current theory is proofed by Tenma's confession or logical denial. Since we know that the first one will never happen it leaves only logical denial. However, while logical denial will satisfy his Gregory House like riddle obsession, it will crush him for not solving the case himself. So, the only happy ending for Runge is if he solves the case before Tenma catches Johan.
No sig :(

08-04-10, 4:12 PM

I finally understood with this episode why the main character is a doctor.

It's an homage to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the doctor and the MONSTER. They are the same in that story... wait, maybe detective Lunge is right after all?

08-19-10, 4:30 AM

Good ep, so thought that Tenma was going to get caught, and then he ends up caring for Heinrich, he's so nice :p
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)

10-11-10, 8:46 AM

Renato said:
I finally understood with this episode why the main character is a doctor.

It's an homage to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the doctor and the MONSTER. They are the same in that story... wait, maybe detective Lunge is right after all?

That would be interesting. But, considering the fact that Ana herself has met the adult Johann, it's all but impossible. Unless, of course if she was just seeing things. Also, the patient that was killed in front of Tenma by Johann early in the series definitely saw him.

The thing is, Johann himself has only been seen twice so far and there are many possibilities. So, who knows? I think Lunge is a bit of a Monster himself, actually.

11-07-10, 9:14 PM

the detective was saved tenma doesnt have the kid hmmm

Behold of my awesomeness~

05-14-11, 7:27 AM

Because of Tenma, another one has lost the plot. :O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

10-12-11, 8:36 PM

The episodes with Tenma are great, the ones about the side characters are average...

02-19-12, 9:59 PM

I liked the part where Tenma was gonna escape in the car and Lunge appeared at the window.

03-13-12, 5:16 AM

loved it

05-09-12, 5:09 PM

Lol, I swear, if Lunge keeps going after Tenma like this the whole series, he'll like suffer some kind of psychological shock once he finally realises it's NOT Tenma.

05-29-12, 3:33 PM

Hmmmmm some parts are indeed left open/unexplained , those things kinda bother me. Where did Dieter go indeed, and also thought Lunge was fired and already off the Tenma case?
Also, shouldn't they protect crime scenes better? Tenma could just waltz in there, if Lunge really knew Tenma was going to be there why didn't he set up a better trap with more people

05-30-12, 12:40 PM

At first I thought that Runge was an ultra dedicated cop, but now I can see that he's just obsessed. He's become a fanatic who won't be able to fathom that the murderer is someone other than Tenma, even if Johan confesses in his face.
If you reply to one of my comments, please PM or write on my wall me so I can read/respond in kind. I won't bite, I promise.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices