Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2010 2:50 PM

Jan 2010
America..Fuck Yeah.
Ok™
Apr 1, 2010 3:11 PM
Nov 2009
kuroshiroi said:
garfield15 said:
Sepherest said:
kuroshiroi said:
This might have potential, it's just way too early to tell. I'm assuming this will be at least 26 episodes so it might take its sweet time setting up the story and characters.
From the information I've seen it's supposed to be 13 episodes.
Actually from what I heard, the 26th episode finished production last month.
Links or it didn't happen.

This is a Bones mecha anime with great production values, 26 episodes is the minimum, 50 is more likely. Anyway...

yeah ANN has it listed as 26 episodes.
Apr 1, 2010 3:14 PM

Mar 2009
I like it. Its definitely different because of the USA vibe. Also, the music (whether its TETSUYA, FLOW, or the bgm) is awesome! :) ---- Randy
Apr 1, 2010 3:36 PM

Nov 2008
everydaygamer said:
26 episodes huh? Nice...

It reminds me of those childhood days of watching cartoons on Saturday morning. Very nostalgic.
Apr 1, 2010 3:47 PM

Apr 2009
This is the first anime that I wish it was dubbed in English, cause speaking only Japanese in America thing doesn't seem right to me in this respect. It is like having a live action movie like the Last Air Bender with a all White cast, but that's another story. Oh and Stan Lee FTW
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Apr 1, 2010 3:53 PM

May 2009
I'll be waiting for dem Joey rape doujins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2010 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
Maximatum99 said:
everydaygamer said:
26 episodes huh? Nice...
Apparently ANN has some ninja sources that even the Japanese sources, not to mention Crunchyroll, don't have... right. ANN is not a source, just like we aren't a source...
Apr 1, 2010 4:20 PM

Jul 2009
America......~

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 1, 2010 4:37 PM

May 2007
Animation is great because its BONES, the music is so-so but the rest of it makes me cringe. ;) I saw a couple re-used lines that are common in Stan Lee's works and something like this shouldn't bug me much but it did in this case. I kept feeling how lame the episode and the concept was.....Joey is a loser. ;)

Its like Ben10......GOD this SUCKS.....I'll probably watch one more episode and perhaps drop it. ;)

VERDICT: Didn't like it......re-used hash from the retro glory days of a past I don't want to remember. <_<

It looks like I'm disagreeing with you guys in quite a lot of the departments. ;)

"Heroman Go"......I just know this phrase will be used constantly throughout the series and perhaps at least once every episode. I seriously hope this is like a 12-episode series and not beyond because this kinda series can go on forever like Ben10 (I've only watched random episodes of it). ;)

Ah, I feel bad about being "nasty" at this series. :P
Apr 1, 2010 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Maximatum99 said:
everydaygamer said:
26 episodes huh? Nice...
Apparently ANN has some ninja sources that even the Japanese sources, not to mention Crunchyroll, don't have... right. ANN is not a source, just like we aren't a source...
Interesting.
Apr 1, 2010 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
I wasn't sure if i wanted to watch this at first but i'm glad i did :).. I really liked it. I have to get used to Joeys voice though.
Apr 1, 2010 4:57 PM

Dec 2007
This was too American for me... but what a fucking awesome animation, fuck, will sure continue watching just for the animation.
Apr 1, 2010 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
It's Japanese anime.....IN AMERICA!
You know I kind of enjoyed it. Like everyone else I liked the old Saturday morning cartoon feel. However for the first ten minutes or so I was debating whether Joey Jones(Hahahahaha!...Ah. God! That name makes me laugh every time) was a boy or a girl. The story is so generic that its laughable.(We have the scientist who the kid knows,(Great scott!) The cool best friend, the main character is a weakling who will probably become stronger as the series moves along, the love interest, the bully, etc) The American flag is goddamn everywhere.(Even on the robot. It was a good thing that the lighting bolt knew the exact design of the American flag) And god damnit Stan Lee! Do you have to make an appearance in every single marvel related movie or cartoon?

But you know, I might actually watch this. The animation is very good, it's unintentionally funny and it brings me back to my childhood. I just hope it doesn't suffer from Pokemon trainer syndrome.(One guy doing all the work and the other getting all the credit despite doing f*ck all)

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Apr 1, 2010 5:08 PM

Jun 2007
PepperedHam said:
Fucking awesome, I loved it.

Generic story? Who gives a fuck. People on this site eat up generic shit everyday, myself included. Instead of trying to be a professional anime analyst, sit back and enjoy the show.

haha nice. We need more comments like this at every season start. It gets annoying hearing the same lines every season about how the show sucks when only one episode has been aired.

PS. anyone else think Joey is really a girl haha? I'd laugh if that's the real reason he avoids Lina.
Apr 1, 2010 5:09 PM
Dec 2007
Arowind91 said:
This show gives off that Saturday morning cartoon feel.

Definitely, it's a very americanized anime (more than previous attempts such as IGPX for example), retaining the heart of Stan Lee's comic, but adding to that BONES' animation. It really felt like a cross-cultural anime and that was extremely interesting to see since it's so different than the rest of the anime production. The animation is fantastic, the music quite cool too, and despite the simple scenario and cliché characters (strange thing that Joey is a guy too, I was quite certain from the artworks and PV that he was a heroin !), there's quite a good potential to this one.

Oh and business-wise, I'm pretty sure it will fare well on the international markets, especially if it's not targeted at anime fans.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 1, 2010 5:11 PM

May 2009
Pretty good episode. I liked it and it looks like a fun anime. The animation was sweet, especially the car and truck crashing made a big impression. I'm going to keep watching it.
Apr 1, 2010 5:18 PM

Dec 2007
Well, yeah, generic story and kinda childish, but it was quite enjoyable, in my opinion. And the animation is too awesome for me worries about generic story.

And I lol'd at Stan Lee in the bar.
Apr 1, 2010 5:24 PM

Sep 2008
sad that people are complaining that it is too American... bloody hell it is Stan Lee and Bones working together it is obviously going to be a Anime that is very Westernized. Been waiting a long time for this, the first episode was anything amazing but I enjoyed it. I already came in expecting it to be somewhat childish and so forth but it was enjoyable to watch in any case. The Animation was very nice which isn't surprising with Bones, also laughed a lot at Stan Lee being in it :P

Will definitely keep watching and see how it plays out. It is definitely an interesting cross over between Anime and American Comics which makes it feel somewhat fresh to me. Oh and finally got to hear Flow's latest song on the end :)
Apr 1, 2010 5:29 PM

Oct 2009
Joey = trap?
Apr 1, 2010 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
lol stan lee cameo n this show reminds me sooo much of Megas XLR
Apr 1, 2010 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
I noticed a shadowed-out person swinging a guitar a la FLCL's Haruko style,

This character should appear sooner rather than later. >,<
Apr 1, 2010 6:02 PM

Feb 2010
ohhh man. this show..it makes me happy for america ^^.

bones = win. also this show DOES seem like megas XLR
Apr 1, 2010 6:10 PM

Aug 2008
Backfirenum001 said:

It reminded me of Megas XLR as well... Though honestly, I see hardly any similarly.
Apr 1, 2010 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't know what to expect from this at first but I actually enjoyed it :D Great potential right here!^^
Apr 1, 2010 6:59 PM

Nov 2008
llamaben said:
Backfirenum001 said:

It reminded me of Megas XLR as well... Though honestly, I see hardly any similarly.
Me too, man.
Apr 1, 2010 7:01 PM

May 2009
Forever said:
Anyone comparing this to FLCL must have serious problems and should consult a doctor. Thanks.

Yeah, this is way better.
Apr 1, 2010 7:19 PM

Apr 2007
llamaben said:
Also, the colours of the American flag on Heroman were terrible.
I can understand not liking how Americanized this show is since it's rarely (or ever) done to this extent, but now you're just nitpicking :/
Apr 1, 2010 7:28 PM

Feb 2008
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
lol stan lee cameo n this show reminds me sooo much of Megas XLR

it has been so long since i have watched Megas i pretty much missed it. i did get the feeling though especially when he started moving and especially when he was running.

as for in your face this is America crap, i think it distracts from the show just a little bit. they could have been a little subtle about it. the American flag on heroman was too much. i remember just shaking my head at that scene. but then again when you look at the color scheme on the tittle, you pretty much get the motif.
Apr 1, 2010 8:15 PM

Oct 2009
Story is cliche, but I enjoyed the episode.

Great animation, and they got the feel of an American school/streets and stuff right.

I kind of wish this was dubbed in English though. It's just kinda weird that everyone is speaking Japanese when they try to shove the American flag in your face every second. XD

I'm kinda excited to see how this show will turn out.
Apr 1, 2010 8:22 PM

Jan 2010
So by arriving near Earth, Invading Aliens (that looks like cockroaches) created a storm that created a robot that is, obviously, going to defeat this same aliens.

Looks like the aim of this Anime is around Middle school level.
Apr 1, 2010 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
lolAmerica.

I like Joey Jones and Psy. I love the art/animation.
Apr 1, 2010 9:27 PM

Aug 2008
good episode to start with, i kinda like the model of heroman. BTW is it me or did i saw an anime version of Stan Lee about 14 min into the episode, because if true HELL YEAH!!! my head exploded for awesomeness.
Apr 1, 2010 9:47 PM
Nov 2007
Not impressed at all with this anime. There's nothing american about it, it's just a bunch of japanese stereotypes thrown at you.
Apr 1, 2010 10:07 PM
May 2009
So far I don't know about this one. I know its only the first episode so I suppose I'll have to wait and see. So far the animation has been great, BONES does a good job like always, and the music has been pretty decent. The whole idea of it being set in the US doesn't bother me all that much but I think that if they need to take advantage of it rather than just state it, which is probably just for the sake of Stan Lee. The story looks like it needs some serious development, but the giant cockroaches could be interesting. The main issue I have with it so far is that it looks like the characters will not be allowed develop much, and this is something that they seriously need. Plus I have an idea that the protective bubble shield thing is going to hamper Joey's development, seeing as he can just sit there and punch his arm remote a half dozen times without any worry for personal safety, although this could be easily written out. Oh and the FMA reference in the opening was great :)
Apr 1, 2010 10:11 PM

Jan 2010
HATERS GONNA HATE. AMERICA WINS AGAIN!!!!
Apr 1, 2010 10:45 PM

Apr 2008
Whoop USA!~

I liked it even though it felt kind of weird watching it since everything is based in the US yet everyone spoke Japanese lol.
Well anyways the animation is great, though Joey looks like a girl. And though its really generic, I can see it becoming a big franchise.

I <3 Stan Lee and his all so discreet cameo’s.

Breath||
Apr 1, 2010 11:04 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty decent first episode. Loved the Stan Lee cameo. <3

There's not really much to say. The animation was nice and so was the music. I already love Psy, maybe it's because he has Akira's voice from Eden. :D

Anyways, looking forward to seeing how this goes in the long run.
Apr 1, 2010 11:15 PM

Sep 2009
I liked this a lot....a refreshing change from the usual anime. I'm not bothered by the American feel, I was already expecting it. Animation is great...story is fine to me.....though I'm more tolerant of "generic" storylines and whatnot. The only thing that is of concern to me are the aliens...
Apr 1, 2010 11:33 PM

Dec 2008
The animation for this anime is definitely top notch. I think character design wise, they should not make Heroman SO obviously american by using red and blue. Im fine with the story although many things are quite expected. They could have tweaked the storyline to make it more realistic... well maybe they are just going for sch kids so reality dont really matter XD
Apr 1, 2010 11:41 PM

Dec 2007
hehe Oh i think this will be my guilty pleasure this season. It's nowhere NEAR good, but i still enjoyed it XD
Apr 1, 2010 11:45 PM

Nov 2009
Seriously, what are the chances you left your toy under the open window in a storm? Then it gets hit by lightning. I wish it was more believable though.

I still liked the episode, looks like an okay start to the series.
Apr 1, 2010 11:47 PM
Oct 2009
GREAT first episode. I think this show has a lot of potential. They have some good characters set up, solid animation, great music, I am definitely going to give this show a shot.

Premise is a little eh, but mainly I like the way the characters are set up. I think this show stands to have very interesting development.

Now what this show needs is a really really good dub, because it's in fucking America lol.
Apr 2, 2010 12:59 AM
Oct 2009
peter parker? check
mary jane? check
flash thompson? check
with great power comes great responsibility? check

the only thing we're missing is a radioactive spider, but we have an electrified robot instead. also we have skrulls. i mean skruggs.

i don't care if this show turns out to be crap, i'm gonna watch the hell out of it.
Apr 2, 2010 1:29 AM

Sep 2007
Though I agree that I am not fond of "America" being shoved in my face or the color scheme of Heroman...I am a HUGE fan of the animation. I thought the colors were well picked (except Heroman of course lol) and it flowed nicely from shot to shot and scene to scene, just what I would expect from Bone animation.

The OST was amazing as well, especially the "aliens" opening song...a very large plus in my books. I am not, however, a fan of the story so far. It's a little bit cliche and unlikely that Joey finds a robot that he can't afford, fixes it up, and then it gets conveniently struck by lightning and comes to life in time to save his friend Lina...oh and to fight aliens in the next episode! lol. Overall however, it was good and better than I had expected.
Apr 2, 2010 1:33 AM
Jun 2008
If the dialog change to English,i can't even tell the difference between whether this is japan anime or cartoon .
Apr 2, 2010 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
I really wonder if people notice how much detail was put into the animation i mean when heroman got hit by a car pieces everywhere.

This anime look GREAT but the protagonist has a bitch-face =( thats a reall letdown too.
Apr 2, 2010 2:15 AM
Jul 2009
Wtf.April fools or sth?
Cummy 500mb file shows me only youtube and then stop>.
xxx
Apr 2, 2010 2:19 AM

Dec 2007
Ye-e-e-e-e-eeeesssssss
*cries with joy*

I love it when something truly awesome pops out.
Apr 2, 2010 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
It's like I am really watching a saturday morning cartoon!

Also, I love how proper english is used (whiteboards and such) throughout the entire show, but the ED has engrish galore.
Apr 2, 2010 2:50 AM
Jul 2009
Wtfff stop writing about it>. IT's fake;p
Or plz working link>>,
xxx
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 22 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2010

20 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.