Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2008 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a moment there, I thought they had the courage to kill Anna, but I'm glad Muller saved her (at the cost of his own life).
Nov 20, 2008 2:53 PM

Sep 2008
i have a feeling that if anna dies then johan will go on a rampage.
Feb 10, 2009 12:30 AM

Jul 2008
Anna looked like a mess but did she actually shoot the guy?
Aug 10, 2009 7:04 AM

Jul 2009
Can't say I fell sorry for Muller - he deserved everything he got. His gold digger wife will move on with her bratty son so meh.
Dec 29, 2009 10:22 AM
Jan 2009
So, I'm guessing that Anna and the other gunman shot at the same time.

I think Muller deserved getting shot, but I also hope he lives...I got all sad when he mentioned going fishing with his son.
Jan 24, 2010 12:03 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. This episode was amazing. Not only did we get some action outside of Germany, we also encountered very good story AND character development.
It got me a little bit confused. Those guys seem to be working for Johan. BUT, are they working to his orders, or freely. It seems odd that Johan would want Anna killed. If they are working under his orders it would confirm my previous hypothesis. Monster side of Johan doesn't care about Anna. That explains why he did not pick her up while she was held hostage at the fascist mansion few episodes back. If the Johan's monster side's goal is really to live happily, which would be very convenient to the general theory that the smarter you are more miserable your life is, then everything Tenma and Anna is trying to do is meaningless. What I am trying to say, is that they are trying to stop a monster from killing people. And what we understand in this episode, is that Johan is only eliminating his former caregivers, and everyone who is associated with his past. Of course, they do not know this now and will still continue to hunt Johan, but later on, if they find this out at the last moment, it will be a huge obstacle for Tenma and Anna to kill him, especially if he found a family and is living with them.
But now that I think about it, if Johan's side would have wanted to kill Tenma, he would have done that at that building they first met after 9 years. This calls for another hypothesis. Either these guys are not working for Johan, and they are another fascist organization trying to get Johan join them or Johan had a use for Tenma before he is killed. I don't think he has done anything yet. But that does not nullify the hypothesis, because Roberto, if that is his real name, did not say that he needs to kill Tenma already. He only said that "only Dr. Tenma is left". Which only fortifies the hypothesis, because if they left Tenma last, it means that Tenma has his role in Johan's plans.

P.S.
I don't care if anyone is reading or understanding this. It's just that writing helps me think. And I come up with these ideas not when I am watching but while I am writing.
No sig :(
Mar 16, 2010 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
Wasn't bad, even if it was a filler.
May 28, 2010 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder if Mamiko Noto really shot. She's such a nice person though. If I were in her position, I would have kicked him off that cliff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2010 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
SpudUK said:
Wasn't bad, even if it was a filler.

So, how exactly is this filler?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 7, 2010 8:44 PM

Mar 2010
there were to many variables that played out that it just felt like something was missing

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 22, 2010 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
I really hope Muller isn't dead. :(
May 14, 2011 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
Poor Muller. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 12, 2011 12:07 AM
Aug 2010
Really curious about whether or not Anna actually shot the guy.
Feb 19, 2012 2:52 PM

Mar 2009
I don't feel sorry for Muller.
Mar 13, 2012 5:16 AM

Mar 2010
great episode
Jun 11, 2012 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
chessmaster1989 said:

Only possible alternatives

1.) Anna shot the bad guy
2.) The bad guy shot then immediately succumbed to his earlier wound
3.) Batman (Tenma or Johan) showed up and saved the day
4.) The bad guy forgot to take the safety off or reload the magazine
5.) Earthquake/Act of God
6.) Ricochet from an earlier shot was bouncing around and eventually hit the bad guy
7.) One of those containers that was hit earlier exploded
8.) Anna shot the bad guy

Either way I feel the worst about Muller. His life is a mess constructed by Johan. Nothing is real to him, much like The Truman Show. Whether his wife's feelings are real or not does not matter at this point.
Aug 13, 2012 1:06 PM
Jan 2012
First half: I hate you muller i hope you die!
Last Hallf:Nooooo Muller Don't die~~
Sep 17, 2012 10:05 PM

Nov 2009
MangaTurtle said:
First half: I hate you muller i hope you die!
Last Hallf:Nooooo Muller Don't die~~

ikr, the creator of this is really good at making the biggest dicks have a human side, just when you want them to die more than anything else it all of a sudden flips on you and you start pitying the mofo.
Dec 17, 2012 6:00 AM

Feb 2012
About Episode:

That Michael guy seems really loving parent and that woman so beautiful again. Fritz seems interesting boy. I kind of creeped out when they were talking abou that twenty years ago happened case. Maybe Johan is watching them.

That was quite good investigation from that detective to know this much and so much about Tenma, Nina. Oh so Muller didn't know that Messler was out of the game. Also investigator knew about that fire and The Baby, organization man he was good speculating things.

Oh those imaginations that Muller saw where scary as hell. So Muller was responsible for those foster couple case I see.

Woah so Anna was spying on Muller to get revenge for his family. Man that Roberto sounds bad guy and there was 2 of him what O_O

So Robeto kidnapped Anna and he was saved by Muller who know understand what he had done. Too bad he was injured during that fight.

Great episode

5/5
Dec 22, 2012 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I really feel sorry for Nina this episode. She holds the gun on that cliff but hesitates to pull the trigger.
Jan 24, 2013 8:42 AM
Aug 2012
I enjoyed this ep, but still I'm waiting for Anna to kill somebody. Cause she's always with the gun, but everybody saves her everytime and she never did it herself.... But Muller was killed ..that's sad.
Jan 28, 2013 4:37 AM

Jan 2012
Muller did what he had to do, to bad he won't be coming back to his family. Anyway, great episode.

Mar 3, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2010
Zell182 said:
Can't say I fell sorry for Muller - he deserved everything he got. His gold digger wife will move on with her bratty son so meh.

sad but probably true, welp
Aug 18, 2013 4:41 AM
May 2012
No fishing for you son.
Sep 26, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
very suspenseful episode :D

i knew we would see Muller after Mesner's episode.

Mesner's dead, kinda predicted seeing he is high on drugs.

and wow it seems he was living a good life thanks to Johan,

definitely scary when you being hunted by your victims.

even though i feel sorry a little bit for Muller, it's still his fault for killing Nina's parents.

it seems Johan is capable of controlling people through fear :P

and wow those people were really trying to kill Nina O___O

i thought she was gonna get raped T___T

Mamiko Noto acting tough in this episode is ace!

glad Muller was there to save her!! though i thought it's gonna be Tenma!!

and i think Nina shot the guy that's why she was kinda mentally disturbed while driving(could be Muller's being shot though)

and i think the organization there is the same motive as Baby from the a few episodes back.

they just want to make Johan are part of their organization or something.

still i can't believe they know where Johan lives O___O

he has been living in a happy life? what does that mean!!!

we need more Johan episodes!

glad Tenma is coming up along with Lunge!!

also i noticed Muller could the coffee guy Russo was trying to kill on top of the roof.

at first i thought it was Lunge since both of them looks very similar XD

next episode is gonna be awesome!!!
Nov 11, 2013 8:01 PM
Feb 2011
Algirdyz said:
It got me a little bit confused. Those guys seem to be working for Johan. BUT, are they working to his orders, or freely. It seems odd that Johan would want Anna killed. If they are working under his orders it would confirm my previous hypothesis. Monster side of Johan doesn't care about Anna. That explains why he did not pick her up while she was held hostage at the fascist mansion few episodes back. If the Johan's monster side's goal is really to live happily, which would be very convenient to the general theory that the smarter you are more miserable your life is, then everything Tenma and Anna is trying to do is meaningless. What I am trying to say, is that they are trying to stop a monster from killing people. And what we understand in this episode, is that Johan is only eliminating his former caregivers, and everyone who is associated with his past. Of course, they do not know this now and will still continue to hunt Johan, but later on, if they find this out at the last moment, it will be a huge obstacle for Tenma and Anna to kill him, especially if he found a family and is living with them.
But now that I think about it, if Johan's side would have wanted to kill Tenma, he would have done that at that building they first met after 9 years. This calls for another hypothesis. Either these guys are not working for Johan, and they are another fascist organization trying to get Johan join them or Johan had a use for Tenma before he is killed. I don't think he has done anything yet. But that does not nullify the hypothesis, because Roberto, if that is his real name, did not say that he needs to kill Tenma already. He only said that "only Dr. Tenma is left". Which only fortifies the hypothesis, because if they left Tenma last, it means that Tenma has his role in Johan's plans.
Why Johan wanted Nina/Anna killed by ordering Roberto and his henchmen to do so also confuses me. I mean, Roberto said Johan very much wanted to see his twin sister, but in the end Roberto leaves her to be shot dead (yay Muller for the rescue). And Johan didn't even see Nina after his rampage in Professor Goderich's mansion. He's impulsive, confused, and I really can't tell what he's trying to achieve.

Roberto's probably acting on his own, but I can't imagine him going against Johan's wants.
Nov 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
SenChen said:
I enjoyed this ep, but still I'm waiting for Anna to kill somebody. Cause she's always with the gun, but everybody saves her everytime and she never did it herself.... But Muller was killed ..that's sad.
she did kill someone though, she killed that one gunman, why is that s for people to get, she pointed the gun at him, they both shot at the same time, nina killed the gunman and the gunmen killed muller

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 5, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
FKK goddammit!!!

I really like these little stories on the side. Ive been watching very casually and I have been kept interested since episode 1. =p
Jan 7, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
Four bullets for 4 bad guys, perfect execution.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 9, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2013
Muller deserved to die but I do feel sorry for his family.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Feb 23, 2014 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, did Muller die or not? I do think he survived that, he wasn't shot in a lethal part of the body. And actually, I do feel sorry for him. He did kill Nina's parents, yeah, but no one could reject an order from Johann, that guy is just too scary for it. Like Muller said, he didn't have a choice, as he himself would have died otherwise, and as everyone would do, he chose his own life instead of that of the couple.
Sep 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2011
Nina was in a tough position, having to work with her parents' murderer.

Also, you always have a choice. He made the choice to deal in drugs, and he made the choice to kill Nina's parents. His hypocrisy comes into full light when he thinks about his family as he's about to die at Nina's hands. I am glad that Nina didn't kill him.

That the men turned on Nina wasn't so surprising; her will may be strong, but she still seems a bit naive. The surprising part was her apparent imminent death, as I wasn't expecting the series to go that route. I'm glad Muller came to save her. (Did he die or not? If they stopped the bleeding, he potentially could have lived.)

Also, Nina killed someone for the first time. I'm glad it was justified (self-defense). I think her decision to not kill Muller combined with her killing of the gunman has made this a character defining episode for Nina.
Dec 31, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
So the killer of Anna's parents comes to rescue her. He dies in exchange. That was nice.
Jan 31, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2013
Why isn't this episode rated higher?! I thought this episode was awesome.

That part where those guys were about to kill Nina was intense...

I thought for sure Nina was going to get raped. I hope she manages to keep her pussy away from all those ugly fuckers in this anime. She's like a diamond in a pile of shit.

Awesome episode. One of my favorite ones so far for sure.

9/10

Mar 29, 2015 1:24 AM
Nov 2014
Very epic episode, good storytelling. Muller kinda redeemed himself in the end by saving Anna and ended up dying.
Jul 8, 2015 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Aug 13, 2015 12:42 AM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Anna really cared about her parents. Felt a little bad for her.
Sep 23, 2015 1:22 PM
Sep 2015
Huh.. well that happened.
Sep 28, 2015 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
Surprising redemption for that cop dude.
Oct 13, 2015 4:31 PM
Feb 2015
Hmm even though Müller is an asshat for killing the Fortners, I really hope he survived.
He kind of redeemed himself in the end.

Also that comment about Anna's eyes. I thought they were gonna like gouge out her eyes or something, didn't think they were going to kill her.
I mean if Johan hired those guys, doesn't he want her alive? I guess the monster inside managed to get the hit ordered on her.
Dec 28, 2015 8:22 AM

May 2015
Everyone's hating on Muller but I'll be really sorry if he dies. He may have killed Nina's parents but he wasn't a bad person at heart. Also he died saving Nina even if he could just stay at home and live happily with his family. Really nice episode!
Jan 13, 2016 9:25 AM
Oct 2015
People need to chill with calling every episode a filler. We learned a lot in this episode that wasn't just charachter development. Johan is in Munich, what happened to the two corrupt cops, and possibly the death of someone who could have helped clear Tenma's name. This was a great episode.
Jan 29, 2016 12:28 AM
Jul 2015
Algirdyz said:
Wow. This episode was amazing. Not only did we get some action outside of Germany, we also encountered very good story AND character development.

P.S.
I don't care if anyone is reading or understanding this. It's just that writing helps me think. And I come up with these ideas not when I am watching but while I am writing.

Hey dude dunno if you will see this but I have been reading your posts. since I'm pretty late to the show into scope out the boards after i watch an episode. hope you kept up haha
May 28, 2016 9:11 AM

Feb 2013
Muller did something good for a change but that doesn't change anything, I'm glad that he died, scum like him doesn't deserve to live.
Jul 6, 2016 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
So predictable :(
I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Aug 21, 2016 12:12 AM

Feb 2014
I think Nina did shoot that guy. It would also make for a good irony. Her first kill being in order to save the very person who killed her parents. At least Muller redeemed himself a bit by saving Nina, before dying a much deserved death.
Oct 18, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2016
God this is so boring and predictable i don't care about these fillers show us Johan already ffs

This is just waaay too much build up bruh
Jun 13, 2017 12:18 AM

May 2015
I want to know what is the deal with this Roberto guy... Ah... the tension, the music, the sound of the slamming door of the car, and the gunshot. Perfect, I really enjoyed it.

yakyuu-addict said:
Anna looked like a mess but did she actually shoot the guy?
That is my main question. I want to know if that guy was her first kill...

chessmaster1989 said:
+1

Jun 17, 2017 4:58 AM

Oct 2012
So did he die dededed?
The ending just reminds me why anime cliche exists
It sucks :(
"Signature removed"
Aug 1, 2017 5:20 AM

Jul 2017
this episode had much more action - liked it :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.