Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2010 9:36 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the series finish up nicely, Akira wasn't going to go down easily even with an injury but his fight with Meiren was a brutal one. It's good to see them both going all out in their respective forms though^^ but comparing to the arm Akira lost, it's sad to see Meiren went down though =.=
ShanaFlameMar 31, 2010 10:13 PM
Apr 1, 2010 12:14 AM

Jan 2008
Lame ending. Gotta wait for subs for better understanding of memory loss. Meiren's final form was... wtf, dobutsu anime?

6/10 for the series overall

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 1, 2010 7:00 AM
Jun 2008
The fighting scene not very intense,actually i don't feel anything >.< .I guess the fight ain't that important in the story anyway...
Should i call this anime a masterpiece??....
I think it a anime that pretend to be a masterpiece.
Give it a good 8/10 for being able to see cool special affect and nice atmosphere(pace) ^^

...2 Butterfly flying ^^
MorningGloryApr 1, 2010 7:07 AM
Apr 1, 2010 10:17 AM
Mar 2010
anyone think there will be another season?
Apr 1, 2010 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
I like the series overall and would rate it a 8.5/10. There was one episode i really did not care for.

As for the ending it was awesome. Mieren's Animal form was quite a site to see. 2 Mina's? There's got to be another season coming up, or at least I hope so.

Did anyone else hope that Akira's Arm regenerated or put back on at the end? Then the scene with Him and Mina showed it did.

Overall I think it was the best Anime of the previous season.
Apr 1, 2010 3:08 PM

Dec 2009
The anime was a really bad joke compared to the manga. And the fight was supposed to take MUCH longer =.="... it gets a 5\10

Btw how the heck got Yuki from the roof to the room where Mina and the 3 clans were in such short time ...? O_.
Apr 1, 2010 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
The manga was far superior then this but ill still give it a 7.
Apr 1, 2010 6:23 PM

Apr 2009
Overall, this series was average. The animation was horrible, and at times resembled a slide show at best, I no longer expect anything but trolls from SHAFT. The overall artwork was low quality (the censorship didn't really affect my opinion of this, but I'm sure many of you will fault it). An anime original end integrated with the manga... I guess that's what happens when you try to introduce an original character to replace a 2nd rate one that was important to that particular arc. This, and they actually left us with the possibility of a 2nd season. I'm glad though that they tried to follow the story as well as they could, but you don't get an A for effort. In the end, this was only something was way too over hyped, but fell way too short. Ultimately, a very generous 5/10.

Often people will say that the manga is better than the anime, but comparing this to the manga isn't really fair; rather, associating DitVB with it's manga counterpart isn't fair, because this adaptation was garbage. Still, with that said, I would still recommend to the people who watched this, whether you were disappointed with it or not, to read the manga; I can almost guarantee you'll be more satisfied.

Loved: The voice acting, and the Meiren/Akira conflict.
Hated: The artwork, animation, meaningless symbolism and metaphors being thrown at you, and the way the anime was initially executed.
ReaperEXEApr 4, 2010 5:21 AM
Apr 2, 2010 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
ReaperEXE said:

Loved: the Meiren/Akira conflict.

The only thing i enjoyed about this series.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Apr 3, 2010 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
WTF is SFW doing?! Jeez, they're so freaking slow.
Apr 3, 2010 6:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
First of all, there are NO FEMALE werewolves according to the manga. I guess the anime either forgot about that or was made before Angel-san appeared....

Other than that, very disappointing adaptation, mainly because they did not stick to the manga...

As an anime alone, it had some good moment....but was overshadowed by some fundamental flaws....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 4, 2010 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
WTF did I just watch? The whole fangless scene felt so hollow. 2 mina....yeeeeaaaah if they had that kind of technology they wouldn't need to mate with the original mina. Got what a fucking stupid development

WTF!!! NOW MEIREN WAS A LAVA GOLEM TOO?

Meiren I am SOOOO glad you died even if I saw it coming a miiiiiiiiiile away. =_=

................they BOWED. THE THREE FUCKING PRICKS BOWED??? WELL THERE GOES ANY CHANCE OF A SECOND SEASON. God what a freakin trainwreck

Episode gets a 2 out of 5 and the adaptation gets a strong 2

Darklight0303Apr 4, 2010 2:12 AM
Apr 5, 2010 12:45 PM

Apr 2009
Is the sub out?
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Apr 5, 2010 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
xxangelchanxx said:
Is the sub out?

Nope.

SFW brought a whole new definition to SPEEDsubbing. >_>
Apr 6, 2010 12:57 AM
Mar 2009
need my subs!!!!!! how much longer will they take.....?
Apr 6, 2010 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
I´m waiting spanish fansub xD there´s only one but it´s a very lame fansub so I´m waiting this, when the show becomes a little interesting the fansubs decide to stop subbing TT_TT
Apr 6, 2010 11:47 AM

Jul 2008
This was one of the worst endings to an anime I have ever seen, First some shounen crap with the nofangs, followed by the single most unintressting last fight ever, only to come to some wanna be happy ending, that hints to a second season..

Overall rating for the anime from me, 6/10, would have been higher had it had a good ending.
Apr 6, 2010 3:04 PM
Nov 2009
sebg said:
need my subs!!!!!! how much longer will they take.....?

waiting is hell :<<
Apr 7, 2010 11:14 AM
Dec 2008
Gonna have to end up waiting for funimation to put it up on their site. =/
Apr 7, 2010 11:28 AM

Feb 2010
Justicar said:
This was one of the worst endings to an anime I have ever seen, First some shounen crap with the nofangs, followed by the single most unintressting last fight ever, only to come to some wanna be happy ending, that hints to a second season..

Overall rating for the anime from me, 6/10, would have been higher had it had a good ending.
A second season?!? Where can they go with this show after they've strayed away from the manga?
Apr 7, 2010 6:42 PM
Nov 2009
seriously where is it lol
Apr 8, 2010 5:25 AM

Oct 2009
Ok so the end was quite the emotional shock one.....emotional that all the fang-less supported Akira...that was a nice scene.....liked it very much=>
Shock one...Meiren is a tiger! A freaking tiger! O_O OMG!=>
Not only that she can make herself tiger/human like Akira=>
What a let down! She no longer qualifies to mate with Akira and so now Yuki is left so that Akira can have a lycanthrope possibility or werewolf/vampire child, which I am not sure will look good.
Fights were awesome!=>
Not to mention the final blow!=>

The final scenes of the fight were really good! Liked it very much. Those guys=>
bowing down! That was my pleasure to just think....take that! You little shits that stink! How dare you do that torture of a examination to Mina! BTW does this guy ever have a disgusting mouth! Arck!=>
Since I don't see any subs yet.....I completely did not understand what was up with Mina at the end here with her different clothing even though right after you see her with Akira=>
, which reminds me that I really liked that his arm was back but so fast it was....=>

I was also a little confused about the whole blood vial....was it to purge and destroy Mina clones or to absorb them into original Mina? The end with that laser weapon was so amazing I screamed......old lady is fried and ashed away! Yay!=>

Overall 7/10 but soon it might be 8/10 or more because the BR were checked a little bit by me and they look very promising! I will give it that it made my rage go nicely and it was good horror minus loli effects of Mina. That was out of context for horror.
kashim said:
Meiren's final form was... wtf, dobutsu anime?
Yeah same reaction here.......
Beave said:
Did anyone else hope that Akira's Arm regenerated or put back on at the end? Then the scene with Him and Mina showed it did.
Yeah I did and it surprised he actually did regenerate it since I did not expect.
Oh yeah the final picture for anyone who wants it=>
francismeunierApr 8, 2010 5:35 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 8, 2010 9:51 PM

Jul 2009
SFW is trolling us on purpose.
Sigh, just one more episode until I drop that worthless group (no offense to any SFW lovers).
Apr 9, 2010 12:56 AM

Oct 2009
Kurogashi said:
SFW is trolling us on purpose.
Sigh, just one more episode until I drop that worthless group (no offense to any SFW lovers).
Yeah it is too bad that the subbers take their time but the BD are worth it.....it will be more fun watching this again...

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 9, 2010 5:39 AM

May 2008
Crap. They sure are taking their time !!! >:0
Apr 9, 2010 8:47 AM

Apr 2009
Derp, looks like Funi was the first to release English subs after all. ^^
Apr 9, 2010 10:07 AM

Jan 2010
As much as I hate Funimation and their shit, I guess I'll have to go on their site and watch it subbed that way...my Japanese isn't good enough to understand the stuff in a show with this much dialog. Oh well, I'll rewatch it on Blu Ray and hopefully by then we'll have real subs for episode 12 instead of Funimation's horrible quality ones.
Ok™
Apr 9, 2010 10:34 AM

Jan 2010
Alright, after watching it..I'd have to say it was a decent ending. They heavily hinted at a second season which is probably likely since the mangaka is a huge Shaft fanboy and it's a decent seller according to the charts. I can see the dislike of the series overall since it strayed from the manga, however..it's the mangaka's fault since he wanted a loose adaptation of the manga and wanted "Shaft's genius" to play with the storyline. I'm a big Shaft fan and I enjoyed the series and I wouldn't mind a second season...maybe they could fix up the shortcomings of the first one with a second, who knows.
Ok™
Apr 9, 2010 11:08 AM
Aug 2008
My problems with the anime were the same problems I had with the manga - mainly the character of Mina. Did not care for her at all. She should have just saved herself a lot of trouble and had that room flooded with light to kill the three of them as soon as she walked out the door.

The only thing interesting about this series was Meiren and that ended predictably.
Apr 9, 2010 11:30 AM

Aug 2009
I actually really enjoyed this. Loved the last couple of episodes, first ones were shit.
Also, the animation was horrible. Go SHAFT. >_> But it was still enjoyable.

7.5/10
Would've been an 8.5 if the animation was WAY better.

Also, lol at sfw being slower than funi.
Apr 9, 2010 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
I loved the end where she basically told the True Bloods "join me are we all die here"
then as they knelt and she turned and walked away very prim and proper, and as soon as she was through the door RAN to Akira.
Apr 9, 2010 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Overall opinion of this series:

There's a serious problem when the end result of this series ends up forcing me to rate the anime adaptation 2 out of 10 while I rate the manga itself a perfect 10.

This is a horrible excuse of an adaptation. Aside from the decent to lackluster voice acting, and maybe some of the music, the entire thing has the scent of shit to it. The animation quality is from good to terribly gross-looking over saturated vomit.

The only bright parts are where they follow the manga and even then they managed to screw up the Akira and Mina fight.

If Funimation is indeed editing this, I hope it's not only for content but also because they plan on re-editing the series to make it watchable. Even then that won't be enough to save this turkey of an anime.

GODDAMN YOU SHAFT. GODDAMN YOU TO HELL. First Bakemonogatari and now this complete rape of a series, you should stick to doing Sayonara Sensei because it's the only thing you can do right.

With that being said, this episode actually gets a 7 out of 10 because some of the action was cool and this episode had it's moments. But it's far too late.
Apr 9, 2010 1:21 PM
Nov 2009
Do u guys think that they will make a second season with the other princess???
Apr 9, 2010 1:27 PM

Jul 2009
Alright, so I would have given this anime a 7/10 but, just to be a bit of a troll, i'll give it a 8/10. Haha.

No but seriously, this anime wasn't that bad imo. I never read the manga, so I don't really have the privilege to compare it to but, I was never a fan of animes following the manga, along as the adaption is good of course. I think that's why they call it an adaption and not a replica.

Anyway, the ending was alright. Not too shabby, I would say. I can't really comment any further cause it was great or horrible, it was just "ok, yeah... ok". OR maybe it's because I waited so dam long that I almost forgot this season exists. Why do you have to troll us on the last episode, it's retarded. Whatever, no more ranting. I'm done, the season is done, time for some Angel Beats.
Apr 9, 2010 1:29 PM

Jan 2008
Maybe if i didn't know the Manga i would´ve enjoyed the Anime more, but as it is this adaption is complete nonsense.
I hated those eye screencaps, i hated the 60´s-discolight-mature-version of Mina and the tiger thing with Mei-Ren was the worst from all.
And is it only me that scene in which Akira stood up, naked, with blood all over his body, instantly reminded me of "Vision of Escaflowne"? o.O

Overall i will stick with the Manga and just forget this series.... >.>

Apr 9, 2010 2:04 PM
Nov 2009
wait so wat the hell was the secret that akira saw god dammit they didnt elaborate at all
Apr 9, 2010 3:23 PM

May 2008
The series was ok...
Apr 9, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
The anime overall wasn't that bad, sure it was all over the place in terms of quality but it was a fun watch, hopefully the animation will get fixed with the DVD release and SHAFT please make a second season! 7/10
Apr 9, 2010 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
flakizs said:
Do u guys think that they will make a second season with the other princess???

I think that's what they're going for yes. Way too many unanswered questions for a finale.

Anyway, this was just okay. I stopped comparing it to the manga since it completely went away from the plot after a while, but judged as an anime on it's own plots and merits, it wasn't that bad. It could have been way worse with some magic fix everything in the last episode bull like I thought they were going to do.

Also, it could have had some Power of Love crap like Dragonaut (aka, what I think is the worst anime ever created)

What I did really like is that they threw in as much of the manga as they could into the last minute. The Fangless kids, the Fangless crowd cheering Akira on, a fateful reveal with Kamen Rider expy (though since Mei Ren is anime-only, it was somebody different in the manga) and showing the Cradle which I thought they had forgotten about. That being said, Were-cat wut? And DBZ fighting which made me go "WHAT?" and then "Damn, this is awesome" and then "What?"

Animation was all over the place but this is SHAFT. I'm used to it and it'll be fixed up for the BD/DVD's anyway. All in all, a mediocre adaptation but on it's own merits, it's not something I hated. 7/10 for me.

(I still like the OP and ED songs)
Apr 9, 2010 5:59 PM

Dec 2009
THREE HOWLS for the warrior

the coyotes in my neighborhood would be ashamed of those pansy howls, but i must say....it suits this show perfectly.

i'm glad it's over.
Apr 9, 2010 6:16 PM

Nov 2009
well. I actually kinda liked the ending for something anime-original but still they butchered the manga ;A; voice acting was really great in this episode and in my opinion the ending, as long as I keep in mind that the anime is a deviation from the manga, was kinda good.

7/10 because it had its moments and Meiren died :DD
Apr 9, 2010 6:21 PM

Nov 2009
Papa_G said:
I loved the end where she basically told the True Bloods "join me are we all die here"
then as they knelt and she turned and walked away very prim and proper, and as soon as she was through the door RAN to Akira.

I loved that part too actually C:

Mina x Akira FTW! >:D
Apr 9, 2010 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
clones, what the hell?!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 9, 2010 6:49 PM

Feb 2009
Kinda wanted a kiss, but the ending was still really beautiful. And Akira was pretty badass, losing an arm and still kicking Mei Ren's ass.

I loved this series from start to finish.

Apr 9, 2010 7:21 PM

May 2009
a terrible and boring ending to a terrible series
Apr 9, 2010 7:42 PM

Feb 2010
kage-bunshin said:
clones, what the hell?!

wait so the secret is that there's multiple vampires all fighting each other to determines who gets to be the princess? so Mina won but 1 manage to escape/surive?

not much explanation :/
season 2 maybe?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2010 7:48 PM

Jun 2009
Interesting ending, I didn't really understand what Akira saw, multiple Mina's?! Wtf?

Series gets a 7/10
Wasn't bad, I liked the atmospheric quality of it but the plot was a bit ...crappy.
Apr 9, 2010 9:20 PM

Aug 2009
it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. 7/10
Apr 9, 2010 11:21 PM

Jan 2010
I really think it's unfair to compare the anime to the manga... The two should be rated and discuses separately.

I think the fight with Mei was lame, but overall the episode was nice. I am glad for the happy ending and I think I will go with a 7/10
Apr 10, 2010 1:24 AM

Sep 2007
Holy shit ... A clone ? -_-
Just dumb like the 3/4 of the anime.
Really hated and i'm not the sort of guy to hate a anime easily. :|
3/10
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.