Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 27, 2022 4:15 PM
Aug 2017
Played piano for 12 years... Still sometimes wish i didn't quit after high school but the prospect of doing it professionally just did not interest me that much. A bit wild to hear some of the pieces me/my friends from music school played in the anime, fun memories lol. May need to go back to playing as a hobby again after watching this.
Oct 14, 2022 4:53 AM
Jun 2020
Reading through this forum is somewhat conflicting hahah. On one hand I feel depressed about my talentless self, on the other hand, I really am glad that there are so many people who are able to play music.

I am literally tone deaf, can't tell the difference between tones, can't identify them either... I always admire people who can play music (Songs and singers too). Ironically, I did play an instrument back when i was in school. The chinese flute, in a Chinese orchestra. The instructor said I was doing well etc, as they tried to groom me, probably because there were too little flute players in the orchestra. But I quit since I knew I couldn't lived up to their expectations. I barely knew what notes I was playing, in the sense that, I could be playing Do Re Mi, but I am unable to hear it, to me is just 3 different tones. If someone else was playing Do Re Mi, i wouldn't recognize it as Do Re Mi either, just 3 different tones. Is like seeing red green blue, knowing they are different colours, but unable to name them as red green blue because I can't tell which is which. That's how the world of music is to me.
I was only playing "well", because I practiced, and memorized the amount of force and air to blow into/across the flute, and the shape of my mouth to produce the different notes.
Felt like I was scamming the whole orchestra or something...

Even in the anime, when the characters were apparently playing badly or not in harmony with the rest of the orchestra, I couldn't tell either... If not for those monologues and expressions, i would have just thought they were all good.

The world of music has always shut its doors to me. I do enjoy music, but I am unable to appreciate it deeply as well as technically.

Though I am just a talentless worm. I do want to say that I think all of you who said you have took on music classes and instruments at certain point in time are really cool.
Oct 17, 2022 9:24 PM

Mar 2007
You're not talentless, rather music might not be your thing but I'm sure there's something else you're really good at!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» from a classical musician's perspective...

sillylovesong - Mar 31

1 by Cestlavie_ »»
Mar 31, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

50 by aquasprite »»
Mar 15, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

55 by aquasprite »»
Mar 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 6 Discussion

Kimura - May 14, 2008

44 by P0tter »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 24, 2008

63 by cornonacob »»
Jul 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.