MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 15 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex »» Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 15 Discussion

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
View Poll Results: Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 15 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

58 62.37%
4 out of 5: Liked it

24 25.81%
3 out of 5: It was OK

9 9.68%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.08%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.08%
Voters: 93

11-17-11, 1:54 PM

Call me crazy, but despite the fact that this episode was amazingly well-done and interesting, it was CREEPY as hell! When I see killing machines and lethal weapons acting like that it scares the shit out of me.

This developments together with the PC-acting-on-his-own last episode, I think I can see where this is going.

03-04-12, 11:19 AM

God damn, I love the Tachikoma. Really didn't like how the Major just decided to scrap them, even though she has a good reason too. I just think the tachikoma are cute

06-06-12, 3:30 PM

Robots taking over humans... D:

Makes me shiver. Brilliant episode though.

07-22-12, 7:01 PM

This was my favourite episode so far, for once there was some real philosophy, many references and humour. Too bad I had to trudge through boring action and police procedural of the future to get this far. This had stuff on many levels, at simplest they referred to the liar paradox which is about 2400 years old. And Turing test of course. The idea that God negates meaning was an interesting one. A big obstacle for any philosophy in this series is the existence of ghosts, which essentially limits discussions to systems that assume the existence of some kind of soul, and most thought systems dealing with souls also assume the existence of at least one god.

One of the Tachikoma also mentioned bodies without organs which is a much more recent idea (from Gilles Deleuze) and something a bit beyond Philosophy 101. At its most basic it refers to a virtual body that is the potential of actual bodies, and to become a true body without organs one must explore these potentials, mostly through other bodies. Which is exactly what the Tachikoma seem to be doing and hence developing faster than expected. It was a very quick reference, one line of dialogue, but quite interesting. From that perspective, the Tachikoma are not simply curious, which is after all a human emotion, but are trying to become bodies without organs, fluid, nomadic, evolving. In a way simply by being capable of change they already have that potential, but it is only through realisations they get from the recent experiences that they can actualize themselves.

10-06-12, 9:01 AM

Nooooo!!! They can't scrap the Takekomas! They are awesome! T_T.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

10-24-12, 1:05 AM

Poor Tachikomas!!! I am still looking forward to see some Tachikoma actions.. Hpmh, Major is really strict.. [hehe, but I still like her].

12-22-12, 8:18 AM

Those tachikomas are just amazing, I just love those they really are great to fun up the story, just love it when they appear in an episode! The Jap Voice Actor does an amazing job to even make it better!

Great episode although not much happened seeing the tachikomas made it good!

12-22-12, 8:34 AM

What is there like three different people watching this series at once? That's pretty cool.
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

12-22-12, 8:45 AM

It's a pretty cool series. I put it off for years because I saw an ep of the second gig during a festival, and it just sounded like Innocence (too pretentious). But this first gig is great, think I found myself a new favorite.

Back on topic:
That moment when the tachikoma messed the robot with a logical paradox, splendid. For a moment I thought they were gonna rebel (with the 2001 like sequence), but major is boss. I'd like to see more of them though, if you explain to them what's the military, and what's an order, I don't see why we shouldn't.
Modified by EratiK, 12-22-12, 8:50 AM
[img][/img]

12-22-12, 6:43 PM

Always nice to see more of Tachikomas. However I hope they won't be scrapped becouse they are entertaining as hell.

12-25-12, 10:05 PM

Their existential crisis is amusing to watch.

01-01-13, 1:19 PM

Quite a heavy dialogue episode but the talk regarding emotions, humans, and robots was quite interesting. The talk did drag on a bit but still pleasant to watch.

05-29-13, 1:49 PM

The Tachikomas where great in this episode. I hope they wont scrap them. Even thou Majors concerns have a good reason. Their job is to work for the section 9 as weapons. All in all the episode was enjoyable.
"My girlfriend is Pururin, and Pururin only!!!"~ Kaoru Yamazaki

06-14-13, 8:39 AM

5/5

An episode that lay ahead full of action and instead goes to investigate the doubts of greater Makoto, the dialogues between the Tachikoma pleasant and enjoyable you also know that the girls androids are not just machines of cold, if you score well despite being limited in their AI able to relate to each other as true of humans as do the Tachikoma. Too hilarious those war machines, curious to know if they can survive or Verrano reset their thinking minds!
However, a weapon thinking can not be an avera weapon, because it would be subject to doubt! Maximum grade! *_*

11-19-13, 3:23 PM

Lessons on life, death, god, and human perception as told by baby blue light combat tanks with childrens voices.

Awesome.

12-13-13, 4:14 AM

This episode made me recall Philip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" novel. It is a great thing on the surface, having AIs intellectually powerful enough to communicate and feel like humans do; however, it's really scary to see that they have such potential, having the concept of reverse psychology, emotional intelligence, sentience, and even lip-synching abilities. And for a mere 20 years into the future, it is surprisingly believable that such AI standards can be achieved by then.

12-18-13, 5:54 AM

Wow, an entire episode on tachikoma talking about philosophy xD

But seriously, it was really interresting, the problem of a too much intelligent machine. At that point, they could even rebel...

But poor Batou... For him, it's like losing is little kids.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

12-20-13, 7:26 PM

My god these Tachikomas are so adorable and entertaining despite being weapons. I hope they won't scrap them.

06-11-14, 1:19 AM

Amazing how in the main story, it is inserted with arrogance and with much involvement also this subplot, which makes quesa anime series really is a great product.
The shape of the Tachikoma is increasingly enhanced, moreover also that of Saito, Batou and the Major.
Drawings, animations and dialogues really big-time.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices