MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 11 Discussion

Poll: Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 11 Discussion

04-06-08, 6:27 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Garma's girlfriend fell HEAD-FIRST INTO THE GROUND. Damn!

Also, why are refugees always stupid in films and TV? Always! "I'm leaving the ship, I wanna live in a God-forsaken desert, yeah!"
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

07-28-08, 7:11 PM

Ah I was thinking the same thing. The refugees were so friggin dumb, thank God they're finally outta there.

Gundam busted out yet another new weapon, the javelin =)

12-04-08, 6:10 PM

Cihan said:
"I'm leaving the ship, I wanna live in a God-forsaken desert, yeah!"

It's so true. What retards, rofl.

Char doesn't take any of that crap, though. He doesn't care if you're a civilian, or a refugee, or an old man, or what. You get in his range, you might as well start digging your own grave. XD

11-12-09, 10:43 PM

wtf is with Char, c'mon, sniping unarmed civilians? And why didn't he finish off the Gundam? It was laying on the ground totally disabled.

Also, lol at Amuro seeing the gaw coming from 90 miles away and not bothering to move.

Looks like Zeon is busting out a new weapon in the next episode. I guess the gundam won't be as hideously over powered anymore.

11-12-09, 11:05 PM

JuicyBuddha said:
I guess the gundam won't be as hideously over powered anymore.

03-11-10, 9:35 PM

Well that was actually a little underwhelming. Also Amuro has super hearing and a strange guilt problem, he didn't lead Garma to death, heck the White Base Shot him, Amuro was at the least fault.

Finally, I think this is the first time they mentioned that the Zeon's wanted a dictatorship, I just figured they wanted independence.
My anime list

07-28-10, 5:29 AM

Icelina fell head off and Amuro just stare, wtf?
Char, what a bastard, shoting at unarmed refugees, though they were stupid for taking off the White Base anyway~ Deserved it~

08-12-10, 8:19 PM

I don't get what happened in the end. What happened to Icelina before she fell ? She tried to shot but for some reason she fainted.
Modified by supersayen, 08-12-10, 8:23 PM

10-09-10, 8:42 AM

.... Char! I am disappointed! >=(

11-08-10, 1:11 PM

The Fugitives really keep getting stupider ^^
But I really liked the music in this episode :)

12-11-10, 10:03 PM

supersayen said:
I don't get what happened in the end. What happened to Icelina before she fell ? She tried to shot but for some reason she fainted.

I'm assuming she suffered internal damage during the crash.
Makes sense to me.
Internal injuries always deal out critial damage right in the middle of a speech.

A few WTF moments here.
Why did Char shoot the civilians? I suppose he probably thought they were Feddie soldiers. He wouldn't know there were civilians on board.

When Amuro first mentioned the javelin...I figured it would be some kind of beam to make up for the extra length. Didn't expect the metal to suddenly grow instead.
-laughs-

02-17-11, 12:32 PM

Aside from a few "huh!?" moments like how Iceliana ended up on the ship ("Let me, an untrained civilian, go into battle with you to avenge my lover!" Okay!), Amuro's super hearing, and Char randomly shooting civilians (sabinlerose seems to be on the right track, though), this was still a pretty good episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

03-10-11, 5:51 PM

supersayen said:

I think she slipped and fell head first.

insan3soldiern said:
Aside from a few "huh!?" moments like how Iceliana ended up on the ship ("Let me, an untrained civilian, go into battle with you to avenge my lover!" Okay!), Amuro's super hearing, and Char randomly shooting civilians (sabinlerose seems to be on the right track, though), this was still a pretty good episode.

same here
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

11-28-11, 7:35 PM

Char's a murderer!!! Then we get a couple seconds of a gunfight. And Icelina landing directly on her head was somewhat disturbing.

I guess they really meant it when they said both sides lost half their populations. All of these 3 on 3 fights are making me think that both armies only have about 100 soldiers each.

02-15-12, 2:57 AM

Sabinlerose said:
Why did Char shoot the civilians? I suppose he probably thought they were Feddie soldiers. He wouldn't know there were civilians on board.
I can only hope this is true, otherwise:
Zepwich said:
.... Char! I am disappointed! >=(

03-04-12, 6:19 AM

So Char is shooting innocent (and stupid) civilians now. Although, I agree with most of you, he probably thought they were soldiers.
I wonder what he is going to do now that the Zabi family is going against him. Also, what is he really planning, what are his true intentions???

03-12-12, 12:47 AM

Char is showing his true dark side now.

04-22-12, 10:54 AM

Those civilians are just silly. Or maybe they love sandstorms.

After breaking his image last episode, Char is now doing whatever he pleases it seems.

For something so badly animated, that fall sure made me cringe.

12-22-12, 8:41 AM

insan3soldiern said:

Pretty much the same thoughts. Though, strangely, I didn't even think about how Amuro could hear Iceliana this time. And, shit, despite there being no blood and all, that fall in slow motion was....fairly uncomfortable.

I think this episode was scrapped from the movies though....I guess Tomino realized how stupid it was to have a civilian go into battle like that. I suppose he couldn't come up with something better.
Modified by insan3Inquisitor, 12-22-12, 8:44 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

02-20-13, 4:12 PM

mitamaking said:
Also Amuro has super hearing and a strange guilt problem, he didn't lead Garma to death, heck the White Base Shot him, Amuro was at the least fault.

Amuro had no idea it was to do with Garma, he didn't know who this woman was or who she wanted revenge for. It could've been any of the people Amuro had killed for all he knew.

07-03-13, 6:59 AM

I hope those civilians have good life in middle of desert.

I hope that Char shot civies because he thought they were soldiers. Otherwise he seems to be a dick. First killing Garma and now shooting civilians? I wonder what Zeon leadership is going to do with him...

02-26-14, 7:33 PM

Poor Icelina, she fell down like a Saint Seiya character: HEAD FIRST.

I'm surprised how Amuro and company don't care at all about killing. Kamille bitched a lot about it in Zeta.
http://mikenieto.blogspot.com/ - Gaming reviews, articles, anime and figures.

02-26-14, 7:42 PM

TRI_Mike said:
I'm surprised how Amuro and company don't care at all about killing. Kamille bitched a lot about it in Zeta.
You're watching them backwards? Travesty!
Amuro & co have to fight for their lives in a real war. Kamille was a civilian who got himself mixed up in a civil war. He also has a girl's name, what can one expect?

"...the people who sell a million copies are the winners and there's no future for anyone beneath that. That means if something doesn't sell, you can't brag about it." - Tomino Yoshiyuki

02-26-14, 8:01 PM

TRI_Mike said:
Wait.............. so then how come Bright had to slap him a bunch of times?

06-01-14, 12:47 AM

Great episode :D

a few wtf moments. I agree, why would they let an a civilian went to battle despite the lost of his lover??? You would think Icelina's servants or father would have stopped her before leaving for battle.

Was expecting Char with his Zaku, but just some airflight battle :\

I'm surprised he shot the civilians! He probably thought it was some White Base forces.

Seems the head of Zeon demoted his rank??! Char would surely be pissed!

Like Garma, Icelina went head on despite knowing they'll die in battle.

And yeah, she probably fell due to internal injuries(should have at least showed some blood on her), still that fall was in slow motion, i thought she didn't got hurt or anything.

The disturbing part of me is when Amuro and his team is burying her body. He has some internal questions like why is she out to kill him, and what was her name and so.

I guess Amuro will never know now :(

In any case each episode is getting much more intense!! Can't wait for more episdes!!!

08-01-14, 4:07 PM

Wtf Char?!! Shooting those poor refugees. Not cool buddy.
"My girlfriend is Pururin, and Pururin only!!!"~ Kaoru Yamazaki

03-03-15, 4:39 PM

Time for politics 101. Today's topic: "The difference between dictatorships and absolute monarchies"

To put it bluntly... there is no difference! Or, to be clearer, there is very little difference beyond connotations. An absolute monarchy has one person who holds complete power over the state, and passes on this power through their bloodline. The throne can be claimed by outsiders through violence. A dictatorship has one person who holds complete power over the state, and passes on this power through their bloodline or hierarchy. Their rule can be overthrown by outsiders through violence.

The only real difference is how these are perceived. "Monarchy" is used when the rule is being portrayed as a good thing; "dictatorship" is used when the rule is being portrayed as a bad thing. In reality, either can be oppressive or benevolent. You can have an oppressive monarch, a benevolent monarch, an oppressive dictator, or a benevolent dictator. In practice they all have the same authority. Some may claim that it's only a dictatorship if the power is claimed "illegitimately", though (again) in reality, a "legitimate" claim to power is rare for monarchies as well.

So, long story short, when this show says "Zeon wants to impose their dictatorship on Earth", that is nothing but loaded wording which doesn't actually tell us whether Zeon is good or bad as a government. We've been told before that they were fighting for freedom, implying oppression was taking place before. My point is, until we know more about what the rulers of Zeon are like, we can't make any judgements regarding whether Zeon as a whole is good or bad.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Politics aside, I agree that some parts of this episode were wonky; Amuro's super-hearing bothered me the most, but allowing Icelina on that ship in the first place is pretty unbelievable. As for Char, I don't think he knew they were civilians, but it's hard to say for certain. I wonder how he'll react to his demotion.

03-25-15, 4:01 AM

Beatnik said:
"I'm leaving the ship, I wanna live in a God-forsaken desert, yeah!"

Good riddance
Icelina's death was...special