Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2008 4:18 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa at the ending, now that was something I didn't saw coming. I wonder if one of those personalities was formed because of what happened at that orphanage.
Nov 15, 2008 1:02 PM

May 2008
Did anyone else laugh when Heckel saw his precious carpet destroyed?
Cause I did xD
Dec 24, 2008 5:25 PM

Jun 2008
cool i bet his unmonster personality got sort of weakened when he got shot in the head
Feb 9, 2009 2:08 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't expect such a cry for help from Johan. A bet they'll be able to stop the Monster before it comes out.
Apr 19, 2009 8:27 PM

Nov 2008
Yup, I chuckled at the carpet sacrifice.

XD

And wow, 2 personalities... I'm really enjoying the duality theme here. This is getting seriously good.
Jul 18, 2009 4:25 PM

Oct 2008
This anime is really dam good.. I loved the comedy between Heckel and Dieter lol. Loved the carpet bit aswell =).
Jul 22, 2009 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
My god fucking stupid Heckel, I was totally sucked up by the moment of that scene, I was like: "OMFG USE THE FUCKING CARPET!"

Anyway didn't expected that Johann could have 2 personalities, but now that i think about it, makes a lot of sense.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 24, 2009 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
somehow I feel sad for Johan after watching this ep.
Aug 9, 2009 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
So there really is a 'Monster' inside Johan...
Nov 2, 2009 6:14 AM

Apr 2009
Nooo the carpett xD
Jan 22, 2010 12:34 PM

Sep 2009
Heckel proved to be of use, even if he did not want to help. If he hadn't been captured by skinheads and saved by Anna later, the town would have been nothing but a crisp now. His 1 million mark carpet helped to extinguish the arson ironically.

Schizophrenic Johan explained a lot to me. Most of the questions I mooted in my previous comments if anyone followed them. Johan having split personality firstly explains his will to get shot by Anna which was already explained. Another thing it explains is why Johan didn't find Anna yet. It seems that monster side does not care about Anna, or has other purposes than just being together with her. Good Johan on the other side is the one who loves Anna.

It gets a little bit complicated because of the schizophrenia for one more reason. It will be morally hard for Tenma to kill Johan now, knowing that there is a human inside of him. Anna on the other hand, seemed determined to eliminate Johan despite the above mentioned fact. WHO will shoot Johan is probably the main question of this anime for now in my opinion.
No sig :(
Mar 8, 2010 11:50 AM

Apr 2009
So he's schizophrenic? While it is interesting, it's hardly the most original twist I've seen.
May 17, 2010 3:00 AM

Jul 2009
Having multiple personalities is not schizophrenia. It's dissociative identity disorder.

*rolls eyes*
Every time I see an English-speaker on the Internet add an honorific to someone's name, I die a little bit inside. Every time I see, "^_^," my will to carry on crumbles that much more.
May 28, 2010 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, Mamiko Noto shouldn't stain her hands on such trash. She totally saved the day with saving Dieter and Heckel from the fire.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2010 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
It's me, or there is an animation error in this episode?

Look at the moment 15:24 forwards, when Tenma encounters Heckel running with the carpet. When Tenma says: "What happened with Dieter?", and the go forwards putting his hands on Heckel's shoulders, you can see that Tenma's face got duplicated. Put it on slowmotion to see it better.

Tenma's double face maybe it's a hint to Johann's double personality?
Oct 6, 2010 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Exceptional and well done plot twist, I enjoyed Anna's return and the fact she is a female character who actually takes action is great. Always gets bonus points for me. I could actually see her being the one to kill Johann at this point and the reason why I think this is because baby's comments about her and that she was more than willing to kill him to save those people.

Anna's revelation that Johann has multiple personalities is interesting and adds yet another moral layer to Tenma's mission. God damn this show just keeps getting better and better.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 8, 2010 1:07 AM

Aug 2008
Renato said:

Look at the moment 15:24 forwards, when Tenma encounters Heckel running with the carpet. When Tenma says: "What happened with Dieter?", and the go forwards putting his hands on Heckel's shoulders, you can see that Tenma's face got duplicated. Put it on slowmotion to see it better.

woow how could you?!!
*badass mode activated*
Nov 7, 2010 12:39 PM

Mar 2010
ah he could of made lots of money with hte carpet and it was funny too

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 17, 2011 10:20 PM

Jun 2008
This show just keeps getting more intense. I've never seen a series that is able to keep this level of intensity up without being over-the-top. I'm addicted to this show.
May 13, 2011 10:33 PM

Oct 2008
So.. Johan has a split personality.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 29, 2012 4:03 PM
Nov 2009
I was laughing so hard, I had to pause the episode for just a minute or two when I saw all the Turks had mustaches.
Feb 3, 2012 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
hmm Johan has 2 personalities? Getting really interesting now :D
Feb 16, 2012 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
Too bad about the carpet.
Jul 23, 2012 7:11 AM

Aug 2008
Augh!!! I really dislike those "don't kill" characters, idiots like those cause so many problems for everyone around them. I so wish Nina had shot that skinhead, then they wouldn't of had to worry about the fire and the carpet wouldn't of been ruined either!

Screw Tenma, Nina you go ahead and shoot!
Sep 17, 2012 4:01 PM

Nov 2009
well as a doctor it kind of makes sense why he holds life sacred, if it was something that was ok to just snuff out what is the point of all the hard work he goes through surgery after surgery...
Sep 27, 2012 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
Badass Nina/Anna is awesome. More screentime for her is a good thing.
My greatest fear is that this show will turn into a "We can't kill Johan because there is a good side to him."
Nov 9, 2012 6:41 AM

Dec 2007
not all turks have moustaches.
Some are women you know.

Johan having dissociative identity disorder...not sure how I feel about that.
Nov 22, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Lol at Baby pissing himself when Anna had him at gunpoint.
Dec 17, 2012 3:25 AM

Feb 2012
OMG that was just plot twist great job!

About Episode:

So Tenma decided to go help dieter and town for fire because I guess he think that it's too dangerous for dieter to just went on his own there.

Dieter and Otto seemed to be in very bad situation like those Turks just were keeping them as hostages. Too sad is that Ayase couldn't make it and when Tenma told those news it was sad moment. Now that child don't has anyone or if that Turks woman is going to take that child.

That town people seemed first really not cooperative until that Dennis guy told to trust Tenma nice of him. It was also nice to hear this General Nogi and I guess Dennis could help Tenma because he seemed same kind of person like Nogi.

Haha nice scene that The Baby is eating with some women there and later Anna just appears there haha. And she also put Baby to miserable situation. The Baby peeped in his pants haha. Best scene. Now that I didn't know first what Main dish meant but soon when Otto said that if the fire is put in close to river I knew it.

Anna saving finally Dieter and Otto was amazing of her. from that fire. Really cool moment too.

Nice to see Tenma aid people who got burned from fire a little bit so it's nice to see he is detective / doctor haha good combination if I have to say.

Thanks to Otto he helped to think where that fire would be in a old factory close to river. This was maybe first time Otto did something for Tenma and others.

Haha Dieter just fall down to floor that part was actually funny. That man who was keeping lighter on him was actually pretty scary. Also here comes critical plot revealed too so Anna is been training 6 months. like Tenma was. So she is basically in higher level than Tenma using weapons. Now who trained her I guess that will be revealed soon. Luckily Tenma got there just on time and taught lesson to that guy. Still lighter fell down and fire starts oh know what to do.

Well let's use Otto's carpet which was worth like 1 million haha. So funny moments if they wouldn't use that the whole town would been burned. So this was only coincidence that Otto had carpet with him.

Anothe criticalr plot clue revealed Anna shot Johan head ten years ago and because of that somehow Johan become into two persons so lhe has 2 personalities.

Also final plot clue was revealed in this episode was also very interesting.In the warehouse Rumberg Good Johan asking help for Tenma to destroy monster inside of him before it explodes. So I wonder does this means once it explode there will be only one Johan and that is the bad one. This was really great plot twist.

Spectacular episode!

5/5
Jan 18, 2013 10:37 AM
Aug 2012
Ending was unexpected for me. Never predicted that he has two personalities...Sad that Nina and Tenma saw each other for such a short period...But Nina becomes stronger- that's cool)
Jan 27, 2013 5:31 PM

Jan 2012
So Johan has a split personality. Or maybe that's not true. Anyway, the show is amazing, can't stop watching.

Feb 22, 2013 4:22 PM
Aug 2011
Renato said:

Oh I saw that. It just looks like an error not and hint to anything.

I liked the end of this episode and also I felt somewhat bad for the carpet.
Apr 13, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2012
Sooooo.... Why she just went into that building and happened to save dieter
Jun 17, 2013 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
God damnit I want to see people get shot.
Aug 17, 2013 12:09 PM
May 2012
I was right again about that carpet being used to put out the fire and about Johann having split personalities too bad I didn't see that one coming I didn't think they would use that because there are many movies that has serial killers with split personalities. But that got me excited!!
Sep 19, 2013 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
wow just wow!

definitely one of the best episodes so far :)

poor Aysa's child being left alone :(

i wonder if that girl will raise him instead?

i find it funny on how the turkish were all mean to Tenma and all.

then after putting out the fire, they all laugh and become friendly towards him out of a sudden XD

glad the old man believe there are some good Japanese out there :P

wow Nina was really gonna pull that trigger on that Baby's head!!

he pissed the fuck out of himself that's for sure!

poor Heckel's carpet XD

it had to be used in the last minute!

then again at least he prevented a big arson incident!

i was hoping Johan would appear here in some way instead of just leaving cryptic messages.

so what about wolf? did Johan finally kills him or does he want to suffer the lost of his friends and family more?

finally Tenma and Nina met after 6+ months now!!

so Johan has two personalities huh!!

i wonder what Lunge would think since he did decipher that Tenma might have a dual personality.

i don't know why Nina didn't jump along with them at the boat?

yes hearing Mamiko Noto running and gasping for air!!

haven't heard Mamiko like this for awhile now!!

man i was hoping Tenma would have some sort of dual personality, but a shadow like figure that is supernatural that is doing the work.

then again they wanted it to be more realistic so this is much better for sure!

now the possibility on how this series will end opens up!

well we still haven't scratched the surface yet, we still have 57 episodes left! so plenty of time to think about on how will this end!

next episode will get to know how Nina learned how to use a gun, just like Tenma did in the training camp episode ^^

keep it up! love this series!!!
Nov 1, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
Unit-01 said:
Sooooo.... Why she just went into that building and happened to save dieter

cause the baby told her about that building which happened to be a bait
Feb 8, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2013
This getting better and better, starting to love this series!
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 9, 2014 7:21 AM

May 2013
A split personality...that's interesting. Certainly explains a few things.

The characters in the show are really becoming quite endearing
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 19, 2014 1:22 PM
May 2013
News just in- Dieter's balls have just been located and they are very, very large.
Apr 27, 2014 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
This is probably gonna sound bizarre, but when Nina said that there were two Johanns, I thought the message was going to be Johann's corpse hung up on the building rooftop with some message about the monster finally being released or something. A little underwhelmed by the split personality reveal, was hoping Johann was just a full fledged psycho. Hope there's more to it than that.
Jun 13, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
Oh. I guess I've seen the serial killer two personality thing done one too many times. I was a bit disappointed.
I really liked Johann the way he was being built up as a misanthropist. T^T
Aug 17, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2012
omg.. it's really late now and I still have work.. but I just can't stop on clicking the next episode.. this is really getting more and more interesting!!! And man, poor carpet.. hehe.
Oct 31, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2008
I can now see why everyone said Johann is a very developed antagonist. With a split of personality, he's still human and yet, a monster.
Dec 18, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
Johan has split personality? Didn't see that coming.
Jan 30, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2013
THAT PLOT TWIST HOLY SHIT!

I was so worried that Nina was going to die. She's the only beautiful girl in this anime.

Fucking Rat-face you would have died if Dieter didn't put out the fire with your stinking carpet! Such an ungrateful bastard.

I'm so happy that that stupid Baby's plans were foiled. I swear I still want to punch his fucking dumb face.

Another intense episode. This anime's getting a lot more interesting!

9/10
FunnyRatmanJan 30, 2015 12:28 AM

Feb 11, 2015 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
That damn "baby" should die. And the anime is getting more interesting and enjoyable!

i think we'll see Johann again soon.
Mar 16, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
This show has some hits and misses for me, and, it's those small things that are bugging me about it.
For example, in a town such as Frankfurt, where some shady organization tied to a political extremist party, the police or Germany's BND/Federal Intelligence Service wouldn't keep a tab on their actions and their associates, especially for an organization who plans to set fire to a district, for which, you certainly need the funds, as well tracking on what those money were spent on.

Killing of General Wolf siblings can also connect to something, because people closest to him are being killed off, and, for that reason the police can question him, whilst, he can speak about Johan, the person involved in all those killings. Things don't go unnoticed just like that, especially for someone of that rank.

So, in my opinion, based on those facts, and the facts of the people who had a close contact with Johan, and those who haven't been killed, Johan can be pinpointed, or, rather, the investigation can be narrowed to few possibilities of who might be the culprit.
Connecting the dots with the Liebert family, the orphanage, the ones who ran the orphanage, General Wolf, the murder of the Fortner family and et cetera can narrow it, and, the only connection Tenma has to the murder(s), is his tie found on the killed gardener, so, just like I said, narrow it to few suspects.
Mar 28, 2015 1:46 PM
Nov 2014
Good episode, lol'd when heckel's carpet got destroyed.

So Johan has two personalities eh, interesting...
Apr 19, 2015 3:03 AM

Nov 2014
Tenma is pretty stupid, almost caused the fire. Not sure if I can call multiple personalities a plot twist.
ExTemplarApr 19, 2015 3:06 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.