Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2008 10:46 PM
Jan 2007
DeathfireD said:

Someone mentioned the king has a geass? Well if thats true then it would explain a lot. For example why Lelouch's mom had the guards back down and not guard her or her kids in the past causing her to get killed. My theory about her being influenced by a geass user (possibly the king?) might actually be true now.

Yea, that was me. He was actually shown with the Geass in his right eye in the OP sequence, and the ED hints that V.V. is his Geass provider/contractor.

Interesting theory, but I don't see why the Emperor would want to kill Marianne. However, she was also affiliated with Geass, since C.C. knows her. The real question I guess is how exactly they were related and how this all ties in with Lulu having the, I assume, same "King's Power" as the Emperor. I'm sure Marianne would have taken precautions against the Emperor's Geass powers if she felt that he had any reason to kill her unless such precautions were impossible.
Apr 6, 2008 11:04 PM

Nov 2006
lol'd @ slut kallen.

yay not-incest!
Apr 6, 2008 11:55 PM

Oct 2007
Lelouch address Suzaku as Prime Minister? Probably he doesn't even recognize him as his childhood friend anymore?

I bet all of this thing was set up by Suzaku with V.V help
Apr 6, 2008 11:59 PM

Mar 2008
Looking eagerly forward to (additional) bunnysuit Kallen fanart.
Apr 7, 2008 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
Hyuver said:
Lelouch address Suzaku as Prime Minister? Probably he doesn't even recognize him as his childhood friend anymore

Prime Minister Kururugi = Suzaku's FATHER, who was killed by his son.
Apr 7, 2008 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
Awesome episode!
Kallen in bunny suit = Epic Win. And I'm glad Lelouch got his Geass back. But I wonder, he lost his memory, right? I hope they answer all the questions that the last episode of the 1st season, and this first episode created (like in fact is Rollo, or wth is Villetta a teacher).
Can't wait for the next episode :D
Apr 7, 2008 12:12 AM

Dec 2007
I think I just pooped my pants. I'm kinda disappointed though that it didn't start with explaining everything that happened after last season but I guess I'm just going to have a wait some more. All around this episode was great, I loved it. Yeah, the opening really isn't the best of Orange Range's material.

#NBHNC
Apr 7, 2008 12:13 AM

May 2007
I heard this was a look a like of ep 1 from season 1
and to be honest it has something like it but damn I loved it ^^
realy cool ep just like yagami light when he get his memory back hehe
and I think he now gonna save all his old comrades out of prison @ least thats what I hope ^^
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Apr 7, 2008 12:50 AM

Jun 2007
Asuka said:
DeathfireD said:

Someone mentioned the king has a geass? Well if thats true then it would explain a lot. For example why Lelouch's mom had the guards back down and not guard her or her kids in the past causing her to get killed. My theory about her being influenced by a geass user (possibly the king?) might actually be true now.

Yea, that was me. He was actually shown with the Geass in his right eye in the OP sequence, and the ED hints that V.V. is his Geass provider/contractor.

Interesting theory, but I don't see why the Emperor would want to kill Marianne. However, she was also affiliated with Geass, since C.C. knows her. The real question I guess is how exactly they were related and how this all ties in with Lulu having the, I assume, same "King's Power" as the Emperor. I'm sure Marianne would have taken precautions against the Emperor's Geass powers if she felt that he had any reason to kill her unless such precautions were impossible.

I agree, I haven't come up with a solid theory on why the King would want to kill her. Last season all I could think of was "someone" messed with her head using a geass ability which caused her to do the things she did and die because of it. Thats why when you pointed out that the king may have geass powers I jumped the gun and pointed him out as the killer XD. Who knows if its really him or not. But then again he may have done it just for his own sick way of "crowning" a new King. As was mentioned by Lelouch in the first season. His father loves to see his siblings fight for power.
DeathfireDApr 7, 2008 12:53 AM
Apr 7, 2008 2:19 AM

Feb 2008
Asako said:
Wow, now CG has more in common with DN.

Well, at least it didn't last very long I'd say.
(If you're making further connections with the memory loss stuff).

Anyways, this episode was pretty good but we definitely have a lot of questions now. It'll be interesting to see how things play out and to get an explanation as to what happened at the end of the first season eventually, I can't wait!

And yeah ... Kallen! <3
Apr 7, 2008 2:25 AM

Oct 2007
Just saw this episode, and it seems to be the promise of more Code Geass awesomeness. Lots of questions where raised so I'm really wondering where it all will go to.

Also Karen in Bunnysuit = epic win:

5/5 for the episode from me anyways...was well worth the wait.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 7, 2008 3:10 AM

Jan 2008
Good, very good. Not sure how long I could take Lelouch not having any memories.

And yeah, I laughed seeing how he made a whole crew kill themselves...
...again.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Oh and Kallen in bunny suit is win

Orange Range OP and ED!

我爱你

Apr 7, 2008 3:32 AM

Jun 2007
the title scene reminds me of busou renkin XD
ミクミク最高!~
Hatsune Miku <3

Apr 7, 2008 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
Episode was confusing at the beginning but it was excelently directed and made. 5/5

Code Geass Still disrespect all Clichés (it even killed 1 person with a stone fragment (halo 3 wannabe?)) except yet again C.C Got shot... :|
Apr 7, 2008 4:46 AM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
PimpToad said:
Wasabi said:
Hmm... what's the deal with Viletta? Is this gym teacher job suppose to be some kind of undercover job or does she have another motive?

She is supposedly keeping an eye on Lelouch, she does know that he is Zero.

Just saw it on HD 720p...haha I feel sorry for the people who have to animate that! xD
(which is a good thing in terms of quality!)

She knows he's Zero, but is she working on this solo or is she still reporting to the Britannian government?

why is she shown along with lulu's friends in the op? @_@
Apr 7, 2008 5:09 AM

Sep 2007
I watched this ep one more time, but now with english subs. And I noticed something more XD

The scene with necklance. It appears in the moment, when Karen is running with Lelouch, some scenes in the meantime, next is scene with it and then Karen is on the floor in astonishment, Rollo appears and is running away with Lelouch. And ending - Nanaly is featured with Rollo. Therefore I think Rollo have very much in common with Nunaly's disappearance and this heart-shaped necklance is the key to this mistery. And maybe it gives him some strange powers and maybe protect before being geased. As long there were two types of persons, who weren't afflicted by geass - providers like CC or VV and... Nanaly, who was blind.
NanamiApr 7, 2008 6:21 AM
Apr 7, 2008 5:20 AM
Aug 2007
So, I watched this episode and then find that there are 6 pages of replies already. Hyped much?

Anyway, episode was good. I was a little miffed at how what happened at the end of season 1 wasn't explained but I'll just have to wait a bit longer. I'm also not too sure about how I feel about the memory loss since it feels like the hit the "plot reset" button.
Apr 7, 2008 5:27 AM

Nov 2007
Isu said:
I'm also not too sure about how I feel about the memory loss since it feels like the hit the "plot reset" button.

I would've been more impressed had I not realised they were pulling a Death Note several minutes in.
Apr 7, 2008 7:01 AM

Jan 2008
Uhh, is Lelouch's "brother" some new form of Nunally or something, I don't know why but I was getting that vibe throughout the whole episode. I'm dying to know what happened at the end of last season, how Lelouch is alive (despite the fact that it's most likely gonna be because they needed to keep him alive to find C.C. despite Suzaku's objections), why Kallen is a-okay with Lelouch and what happened to Nunally.

This is gonna be sweet.

Apr 7, 2008 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
Yuuuummmy!

I liked it, of course it did have that "WTF?!" beginning, but I didn't expect brilliance in this first episode. It kept me hooked.

So, who's more annoying, Rollo or Nunally?

Apr 7, 2008 7:53 AM

Mar 2008
Nunally in my opinion. I think Rollo will join the Black Knights because in one Trailer he looks like as he also wishes to crush Britannia

but damn..I'm confused with this Nunally Scene I don't get it %-)
For me it seems like Suzaku has killed her? o_O

I hope it soon will be revealed how she died.
Apr 7, 2008 8:07 AM

Apr 2007
Teifi said:

And why would he? He had no reason to. He had something against Lelouch, not Nunnally.
Apr 7, 2008 8:19 AM

Mar 2008
Yeah I know he had no reason to..but what's with his saying: "Lelouch, I won't ask for your forgiveness" ? Mh..I would say I don't get THAT scene -_-

ah whatever we'll see xD
Apr 7, 2008 8:54 AM

Sep 2007
Wait, where is said that Nunaly is dead? Nowhere. She's alive for sure.

Suzaku asked Lulu for forgiveness because he was going to kill him with shot.
NanamiApr 7, 2008 8:57 AM
Apr 7, 2008 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
Hm..you're right but it looked like she was dead xD

Ah ok, thanks ^^ I thought it was because of Nunally

PS: it's not that bad :P mine is not better xD
Apr 7, 2008 9:45 AM
Nov 2007
its one of the baddest begging ive ever seen
why it is a so bad start after a very good ending

@ teifi and nanami

my english sucks^^
Apr 7, 2008 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
On the contrary, i found it a brilliant start at the beginning.
Good development in story line, i love this show!!!

+5
~de Arimasu
Apr 7, 2008 10:02 AM

Jul 2007
It was fantastic, but annoying! Kind of my style because I kept shouting "what!" at the screen. I approve of interactive anime ;)

I feel outsmarted a lot because I barely noticed anything of the ideas of "Nunally's dead" or the white and black wing thing. I doubt that she's dead though, even if Lulu's return to Zero was badass and didn't include some "Somewhere she can live!" ideal.

I miss the previous opening but Lulu's still doing his freaky hand things.
Apr 7, 2008 10:41 AM
Jun 2007
I didn't like it. A timeskip, memory loss, same basic plot as the first ep, that ceased to be original a long time ago, these days it's pretty much a cliché. I was hoping for something... well, not cliché.

I know it's good business to end a season with a cliffhanger, yet start of slowly for the first 3-5 eps, but still... I fear we'll be halfway the season before we see/hear anything we didn't know already. I guess I better stop watching and marathon this in 6 months, that way I won't get so annoyed.
Apr 7, 2008 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
crispylove said:

Lulu's sexiness is directly connected to freaky hand things.

I liked it. Not perfect, but enough to keep me interested.
And ED art is amazing...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2008 10:56 AM
Sep 2007
It was ok, but dam it, I want to know what happen with the cliffhanger last season, guess we will find that out late, what was behind that dam door and stuff!!
Hi
Apr 7, 2008 11:37 AM

Aug 2007
I'm glad I wasnt the only one who thought the ED art was awesome (though the music could have been a bit better)
Apr 7, 2008 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
I liked it, Lelouch as hawt as evar :P
I'd just like to know what happened in that cave and what made him lose his memories turning him into such a whimp D:... Also I really hope Suzaku can go and die soon.
Apr 7, 2008 12:30 PM

Feb 2008
it felt kinda rushed. but i guess they will take a couple episodes to explain stuff. well the end of S1 just left me hangin i was pissed, so now htings should be well.
Apr 7, 2008 1:38 PM
Jan 2008
Yeah, now every rat knows that Lelouch is Zero ><
Apr 7, 2008 2:22 PM

Oct 2006
geez.. 136 posts... I'm not even gonna bother reading lol.

The episode was pretty average in my opinion.. I'd rather see the outcome of last season's final scene sooner than later but it wasn't to be. I didn't like the fact that they didn't explain a single thing, but I guess they'll have time for that.
As a final note, the scene where Lelouch regains is powers just reeks of Cliche in every aspect.. seriously.
Still, I'm looking forward to see how they'll handle the show from now on.
KayrhandrosApr 7, 2008 2:26 PM
Apr 7, 2008 2:48 PM
Jan 2008
i think is just awesome

][/url]
Apr 7, 2008 3:05 PM

Dec 2007
when i saw the begging and saw that lelouch didnt remember anything i was like, wtf happend but later on the ep they explain it, pretty awsome ep. verry beautiful pictures on the ED, CLAMP rlz

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 7, 2008 3:26 PM

Oct 2007
Mariem said:
Just watched it an hour ago on TV. It was exactly the same pattern as the first episode of the first season. >_>
It was quite amusing that Lelouch reminded me of Light from Death Note when he regained his memory.
And I thought the opening was quite bad, but I liked the ending.
Overall, I will drop the series after this episode because I didn't like so much the first season, and it looks like the second season is going the same path.

same here i am downloading it but will not watch it untill it ends and that is also a may be because the ending of S1 seriously disappointed me and i have had enough of train wrecks from Sunrise.they always follow the same same pattern.

Apr 7, 2008 4:01 PM

Oct 2007
XD ahhh so glad it back on and good episode but alot of answers to find especially how Lelouch lost his memory!

Good OP and ED too :D

cant wait for the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2008 4:19 PM

Mar 2007
Wow already 140 posts and 8 pages, seriously and i just now got the time to watch the raw. I'm gonna rant on the good and bad things,

Bad Things:
--OP/ED Music, wth happened to my Orange Range?! Last album I heard from them was Kimi Station, and there is a significant difference in style that throws me off. The ending was awesome with its tasty art, but that music...guess it'll take a while for me to get used to.
--Introduction of Rollo: Wait Lulu now has a brother?! He was never shown in S1 with his siblings yet Lulu has quite a developed relationship with him. Where has he been all this time, staying underground or something?
--Connection to S1 (Failure). While I can understand that they want to keep the watcher watching, I think they should have done a summary of S1 like they had, last 1.5 min or so of the S1, OP, and finish everything off. I prefer to have the plot inbetween the two seasons, rather then play 'catch up' to start making theories for this show..., ah well first episodes aren't always what they're hyped up to be...

Good things:
--Zero is Back, I got to hear Zero's voice, call me crazy but Zero has a cooler voice then Lulu, hands down. Don't forget the funky hand motion that go with teh voice

So ya the most awesome episode, but S1 didn't start out amazing either, it kinda builds on itself, so it should get better as it goes. I also agree that the King has a Geass, why else would he be this all knowing, 'my spider senses are tingling, Zero must still be alive'. Maybe the death of Lulu's mother was planned, ie the King knew of the line of Geass that runs in Lulus family, and wanted Lulu to have a motive to be king. Lulu then goes on this whole adventure entertaining the King, and rebuilding the crumbling world to take the Kings place...

Dibs on Ishida!
Apr 7, 2008 4:24 PM

Feb 2008
hmm, they ahve a lot to explain, like how he got "reconditioned" and how he got his geas to be turned off. aaaaaaa so many questions in just a single episode.

with just this they will have people glued to the show for alteast 6 episodes if they want. the fact that there is 8 pages already is proof of that.
Apr 7, 2008 4:29 PM

Sep 2007
I have waited too long for this. Far, far too long. Thank you, Sunrise. 5/5
Apr 7, 2008 5:50 PM

Jul 2007
the beginning of the ep confused me a bit,
but a good way to start season 2
Apr 7, 2008 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
sanjica said:
crispylove said:

lol i agree
Apr 7, 2008 6:00 PM
Jan 2007
corroded said:
why is she shown along with lulu's friends in the op? @_@

I'm guessing that because she's their gym teacher, the animators stuck her in the Ashford Academy group.

DeathfireD said:
I agree, I haven't come up with a solid theory on why the King would want to kill her. Last season all I could think of was "someone" messed with her head using a geass ability which caused her to do the things she did and die because of it. Thats why when you pointed out that the king may have geass powers I jumped the gun and pointed him out as the killer XD. Who knows if its really him or not. But then again he may have done it just for his own sick way of "crowning" a new King. As was mentioned by Lelouch in the first season. His father loves to see his siblings fight for power.

Yea, that's pretty interesting. Maybe he actually expects Lulu to be the next emperor, and all this is just for his own entertainment, lol. That would be pretty twisted.
AsukaApr 7, 2008 6:04 PM
Apr 7, 2008 6:05 PM

Sep 2007
sanjica said:
crispylove said:

Lol'd for truth.

Kayrhandros said:
As a final note, the scene where Lelouch regains is powers just reeks of Cliche in every aspect.. seriously.

Yeah I thought so too and I was pretty anxious to have that part over with.
Apr 7, 2008 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
Wow....really confused. At first I thought this was going to be an alternate story. It IS the first episode after all, these questions we all have will be answered eventually.
Apr 7, 2008 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
i thought i wouldnt see it but i saw it...damn.very nice ,a bit cliche'd.but wats up with that odd animation style,S1 was not like that.music sucks though

Apr 7, 2008 7:08 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:
Teifi said:

And why would he? He had no reason to. He had something against Lelouch, not Nunnally.

I'm not agreeing that shes dead (I still think shes alive) but one reason why Suzaku may have killed/shot her would be because she jumped in front of the bullet to protect both her brother and Suzaku from shooting each other.

The ending or OP of the first season showed her with her eyes open falling as if she was in the air or shot, if I'm not mistaken. I'm guessing that would answer what may have happened to her. The other C.C person could have used power to allowed her to see which then caused her to react and dive in front of the bullet. Nether Lelouch nor Suzaku would see that coming. That may have also played a roll in why Lelouch lost his memory. Either that or some other Geass messed with his head.
DeathfireDApr 7, 2008 7:14 PM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.