MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Itazura na Kiss »» Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

56 40.29%
4 out of 5: Liked it

61 43.88%
3 out of 5: It was OK

17 12.23%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 2.16%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 1.44%
Voters: 139

04-04-08, 3:45 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I found this weird. She likes a guy who treats her like crap but hangs out with guys who look like punks but are pretty nice. Well I guess that's shoujo for you aye? lol I'll check out episode 2 to see if I'll stick with this. Btw, aren't the background characters nearly as freaky as the shadowed people from Okawari? lol

04-04-08, 10:39 PM

Excuse me while I get fangirly for a bit. This has been one of my very favorite manga series for years now, and I also really loved both live action adaptations of it, so I was really excited to hear it was going to be animated :)

I really enjoyed ep 1, it was reasonably faithful to the manga~ I am still trying to get used to the character designs though. This is funny because they are actually much 'prettier' than the manga artwork which has a very unique style which may seem kind of scary. However, even though the character designs are rather different, every once in a while there is some aspect that really reflects the manga style. It is most noticeable in the eyecatch, but it happens here and there. It's hard to describe :D

Yes, Irie starts out as an asshole. Part of the fun is seeing if he can learn not to be :)

Episode 2 has crossdressing... hohohoho

I picked up the artbook for the manga not too long ago, and it has some really cute illustrations. like this one-

Ok, I am done fangirling for now, at least until episode 2 :D

04-05-08, 12:45 AM

Wow, that was a pretty crazy EP1.

crazy setting i hafta say... never expected things would turn out that Irie and Kotoko would be staying together :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

04-05-08, 11:14 AM
DB Administrator
kimatg said:
crazy setting i hafta say... never expected things would turn out that Irie and Kotoko would be staying together :)
Gotta love shoujo... you wouldn't believe the things they come up with to throw a guy and gal together xD

MagicalEmi said:
I really enjoyed ep 1, it was reasonably faithful to the manga~ I am still trying to get used to the character designs though. This is funny because they are actually much 'prettier' than the manga artwork which has a very unique style which may seem kind of scary. However, even though the character designs are rather different, every once in a while there is some aspect that really reflects the manga style.
I thought it was pretty faithful as well, and Kotoko almost looks prettier than in the manga - but without losing all her crazy faces xD I love it. And I think Kin-chan's voice actor did a really good job too, haha. The guy is crazy. And the mom is so crazy, I love her. ^^

04-05-08, 12:47 PM

Lol..
lovely anime have to say..
by the way.. any body got the feeling (Irie = sylvester stallone) .. i just notice that from the first look at his eyes..

can't wait for the next ep ><!

04-05-08, 3:46 PM

It was quite clear by the time the father mentioned they were staying at his friends place who she would have to live with. Liked the episode but I have to get over the fact that Hirakawa Daisuke is voicing the male lead, I don't like his voice.

04-06-08, 6:36 PM

It was alright, probably the best new show I've seen so far this season (sequels aside). The plot seems interesting enough to keep following the series, I'm not a huge fan of the old-school shoujo art style though.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい

04-06-08, 6:42 PM

I enjoyed the first ep. Giving me LovCom vibes atm, which is a good thing. Hope it can live up to or surpass those expectations.

04-06-08, 7:08 PM

Looks promising for comedy at least. I give them props for attempting the old school style but it's not my cup of tea.

04-06-08, 7:33 PM

Asako said:
I enjoyed the first ep. Giving me LovCom vibes atm, which is a good thing. Hope it can live up to or surpass those expectations.

Just exactly what I was thinking while watching the epi - LovCom-
Guess it's the anime style? The uncomplex character rendering? tonikaku, I've got room for a romance.

04-06-08, 7:37 PM

Nice episode, it looks like this is going to be a good series^_^

04-06-08, 8:00 PM

umm, personally, i look at animation quality before anything else, and... this reminds me of stuff that came out 5-7 years ago... the story line isn't bad... but the old character designs kinda throws me off a bit...

04-06-08, 8:37 PM

Only picked this up since m33w is doing it but it doesn't seem so bad so far.

YU YU HAKUSHO haircuts?
My avatar is from Minami-ke. I get asked all the time >_>

04-06-08, 8:41 PM

datsunvic said:
Asako said:

Just exactly what I was thinking while watching the epi - LovCom-
Guess it's the anime style? The uncomplex character rendering? tonikaku, I've got room for a romance.

Ditto. =) I hope this turns out to be good. I'm looking forward to seeing more. ^.^

04-06-08, 8:47 PM

I liked it quite a bit. ^^ The animation took me a moment to get used to, but I ended up rather liking it towards the end.

Kotoko's already grown on me. Her reactions are adorable. Kin-chan is pretty awesome too. He's seems like such a sweet guy.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode~

04-06-08, 9:00 PM

well glad I dont care about animation at all, for the most part, so hopefully this will be full of comedy

04-06-08, 10:36 PM

Well I have to say I really liked this first episode. I'll definitely be looking forward to more.

04-06-08, 11:04 PM

I found it to be pretty enjoyable. The characters and the comedy were quite engaging. It's going to be interesting to see how Kotoko and Naoki grow from here.

04-06-08, 11:14 PM

Despite his being a jerk, I like Irie. Looking forward to seeing how his character develops.

04-07-08, 2:12 AM

Character design isn't what I like, though the thing itself seems interesting. Would like to see it develop =3

我爱你

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices