Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 17, 2011 3:05 AM

Apr 2011
id said:
neko sensei got married! with kids! xD

The most emotional part of the ending for me by far! ^^

MusashiRose said:
I feel to make her a human again or to make himself a duck so he can truly join her.

I never thought of him becoming a duck! That would make such an awesome ending!

All that being said this was a masterpiece of anime. 10/10~!
May 20, 2011 4:03 AM

Feb 2011
I expect this beautiful unexpected ending.
May 22, 2011 11:26 PM

Jun 2010
The ending is beautiful especially when Fakir is crying while writing Ahiru's story.. FakirXAhiru!!!... But still, as everybody say, I still want Ahiru to be a human..
The only thing that I hate here is that insensitive prince! It seems like he's taken advantage of Princess Tutu's kindness and just ran off with his princess. I totally hate him. I hate him more than Rue.. I actually like Rue..=) Still Fakir ftw!!
Jul 15, 2011 8:16 PM

Aug 2008
This is so sad, I really wanted Ahiru to be able to change back into a human and stay with Fakir. At least they could have confessed before she turned back! The prince was really just useless right until the end, it was horrible the way he just left with Rue only giving Ahiru a little thanks.

The whole concept of it being a story within a story within a story was so captivating, it should really be called "Duck-ception"!
Jul 19, 2011 3:49 PM
Oct 2009
im confused? i bought a dvd box set of this ent series(was slow on it but freaking like this show) but it has 26 episode...but i dont feel like i missed anything? help?
Sep 23, 2011 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
When I originally watched this series I kept wanting Fakir to just write Ahiru into a human and I still wish it was that way!!
Overall the series was amazing and the last episode was just beautiful except I didn't like Mytho's random reasoning for choosing Rue.
This series was so unique, I wish there was more!!
Nov 3, 2011 8:22 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know why some people don't like the fact that Ahiru turned back into a duck, everything returned to how it should be, which means she would turn back into a duck. It makes sense to me. ^^ (And she's alive, thats the most important thing.) 'Sides, Fakir is writing her story and I'm pretty sure the ending hinted that he may be trying to turn Ahiru back into a human.
(I don't believe that either one of them would want her to stay a duck. ^_~)
So in my mind, it was a very happy and very good ending to a fantastic series.

10/10.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Dec 31, 2011 5:43 PM

May 2010
Interesting, it didn't went for the Duck + Prince ending. Though upset because the ending wasn't "tragic". Some repetitive episodes.

7/10
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 10, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2010
Awww, such a wonderful and lovely anime! I didn't expect it to be so great. I just loved the ending and the whole story setting. I loved that Ahiru turned back to duck and also that fact that Fakir loves her as she is. Fakir is my favourite character! <3
juodidrugiaiJan 10, 2012 11:34 AM
Jan 11, 2012 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
good ending! i always hoped for FakirXAhiru
I never liked Mytho :P
Jan 26, 2012 4:59 PM

Dec 2010
DuoHimura said:

I agree with the first couple of paragraphs. Very well thought out post. But I'll say that the ending is neither good or bad, it's neutral.

9/10.

Of the 1-26 episode version, I think episodes 14-21 were repetitive, filler-ish, try to get a heart of the week episodes. Princess Tutu would have been perfect without those episodes. I liked the first 13 episodes more than the ending though.
Mar 25, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2010
Would of had given it an 8/10 if Ahiru would of had remained atleast human and fallen in love with Fakir, but alas, the story was about how they needed to be their "true" selves, so I guess I understand the reason why it wasn't meant to be.

Overall a good show with a great start and great ending, but with a lot of mediocre middle episodes and because of that it gets a 7/10 from me.
Jun 8, 2012 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
Haha ahiru trying to dance as a duck and when her head bobbed into the pond while she was sleeping Lol. Had high expectation but eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2012 1:03 PM

Mar 2010
a goddamn dancing duck made me cry. If that isn't the testament to the story's power I don't know is

10/10
Jun 25, 2012 10:39 AM

Jun 2008
One of the most beautiful animes/stories I ever seen

Almost the only fairytale that had a realistic [ and still beautiful ] ending , No need for the cheesy regular happy endings , this story will always be remembered

Yes we all wanted her to be human with Fakir but its still an amazing end/anime in every word.
Jul 10, 2012 4:00 PM

Jun 2009
I'm pretty sure that Fakir is in the middle of attempting to turn Ahiru back into a human, at least that's the first thing to pop into my mind with the narration and him writing and all.

Great series, really the only problem I had was the fillerish middle half. I would've given the series an 8 if the latter half hadn't connected the dots so well and make nearly everything the series did seem relevant. Also, Fakir and Ahiru are amazing characters and I think the ending fit them in many ways. They sacrificed a lot and may never get any real recognition but they are still very much the true heroes of the story.....which is pretty damn good for "supporting characters".

9/10. Going to need to re-watch this some day.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 24, 2012 6:32 AM

May 2008
As everyone else I really wanted Ahiru to turn human again and I thought it was pretty shitty of Fakir to just make Ahiru accept that she's a duck because that's what she was before, I mean he was meant to be a knight that will die but that obviously didn't happen so why should she conform to her given role?

Overall, I'd say it was pretty good and I do appreciate its unique and innovative plot but there was a lot of really terrible filler around the second half which sucked because when the story was on point it was quite engaging.
Sep 6, 2012 8:11 PM

Feb 2012
There was still hope of turning Ahiru into human, when Fakir started to write a new story.

Anyway, grand finale that had everything I expected and also things I didn't expect. I'm not sure if Ahiru's, or should I say Fakir's power is slightly DEM, but it was all heroic and cool so I'll let it fly. A happy ending for Rue and Mytho (I kind of didn't think these two would end up together), but not entirely happy for Ahiru and Fakir. And seeing those crowpeople attack the helpless Ahiru is heartwrenching. All in all, loved the ending and the whole show. At first I thought it's just an ugly duckling type story, but it was so much more than that. A really unique type of anime and deserves a masterpiece rating from me.
Oct 20, 2012 2:38 PM
Jan 2012
Just finished it. Amazing, I really enjoyed this. It broke my heart when Mytho basically told Tutu to give up everything just so he could be with Rue, whom he loved. I thought it was pretty natural, though. I liked the pairings, but being the romantic I am, I wish Fakir had written a last line in the story about him turning into a duck, or Ahiru turning into a human.

Then again, that would've taken away from the tragedy! /Dross

I feel like I have ovaries now, hadn't cried from a finale in a while.
Oct 21, 2012 6:46 PM

Jul 2011
was i supposed to be happy?.. with this ending???
sorry but it really let m down after having so much build up towards fakir and duck they could of have at the least had duck stay a girl and love fakir overall 7/10
Oct 28, 2012 11:24 PM
Nov 2010
I must say this show was surprisingly fun and entertaining.

A bit sad that Ahiru couldn't turn back into a human. Though I enjoy how the characters developed in the story, especially Fakir and Rue.
7/10
May 24, 2013 8:44 AM

Nov 2012
Huh How did I get here... a strange power forced me to keep watching this girlish show and somehow Im not disapointed 8/10.

Ahiru live in our hearts!
Jun 5, 2013 11:34 PM
May 2013
Not an ending I would have wanted (I was hoping that Fakir would write about Ahiru and turn her back human thru his magic words), but I think it's pretty fitting for the show.
The show is pretty dark and depressing in general. To throw in a super happy end would kind of throw off the charm of the show, no? To have a bittersweet ending feels more appropriate.

9/10 for me.
Had too many weekly monster-to-fight-off episodes for me. If it weren't for that, it would be perfect!

Hehe, I think I'm a FakirxAhiru.
The scene where he went in the lake and had a conversation with depressed-Ahiru was wonderful! And when he was writing about her while she was dancing as a duck to give people hope? Oh, those feelings~ He was crying, snapped his pen, and took control of his hand. Beautiful. He can only write about her, too <3

Oh oh. Neko sensei... haha! He finally married and had children! Him & Edel are my fav support characters. (Edel's dying scene was sad too)
Jul 16, 2013 6:20 PM
Aug 2011
Even though a duck was Ahiru's true form it was still bittersweet that she stayed that way.
Sure Fakir promised to stay by her side but the cruel reality was always that one was a human and the other is not.

Anyway that was still a good ending. It was hard to watch a duck being abused and thrown around like that.
I was losing hope between episodes 15-21 (in the 26 episode count) because the story was dragging on but these last few episodes really had a nice turnaround.

Fakir really saved the day. Wow that was some amazing character development for him.

My personal score is a 7.5/10 because I can't overlook those episodes I mentioned about earlier.
I'll swing it to an 8 because the ending was solid and the first 13 episodes were solid as well.

I also liked how they showed all the animal students/teachers in their real human forms in the end.
Neko-sensei with kittens!

Lol I just noticed the poll Quack.
Jul 20, 2013 8:50 AM

Jan 2008
Solid and deep as the lake of despair in terms of storytelling! I rarely stumble upon such titles, so I am happy I had the pleasure to watch this.

As for the ending: at first I was a little irritated that Ahiru and Fakir didn't end together but after giving it some thoughts I concluded I like it that way - their relationship can be easily looked upon as friendship and respect (maybe sister-brother relationship too?), and it gives twist to the ending by abandoning wishy-washy romance. And what Fakir needs most now is goddamn peace of mind! ;)
I'd prefer Rue with Autor - his love to her easily could become a wnderful turn-point in the plot, but it wasn't that bad in the end so I won't complain much. I'm happy for Rue, I was really hoping for her to achieve happy ending. Poor girl didn't deserve what happened to her.
Neko-sensei married = so much love. He was easily ma favourite character of the show and I don't care what people think about my sense of humour, his proposals always cracked me up ^^ My, I would even marry him, outside of his maniacal shtick, he showed great wisdom on life and passion for his hobby. I wouldn't say the same about Pique and Lilie - they were annoying the hell outta me. I know Ahiru needed someone to comment on the situation but they were just... argh!

Overally - 9/10 from me.
Jul 29, 2013 6:45 PM

Nov 2011
Quack. Quack. Quack.

Honestly, this series impressed me quite a bit. Fakir is my favorite character but I can't stand Mythos much...for his lack of emotions/personality in general and his role in the series although I enjoy the plot quite a bit.

The music/OST is outstanding though and I would rate that part in the 10/10 category.

As for the comedy, it's pretty decent although Rue doesn't play much of a role in that. The cat teacher sure does though with its marriage jokes lmao. I really appreciate the fantasy themes with the dancing style of the show though and I think it takes an unique stance of the magical girl theme.

Good to know the Raven got his ass kicked!

Overall, rating this 8.5/10. Incredible show. Didn't really like the ending though.
Aug 22, 2013 5:06 PM

Aug 2011
One of my favourite series of ALL TIME!! (just check out my profile pic XD)

One of the many reasons for this is just because the ending isn't really your typical shoujo or magical girl ending.

Yes, the main girl saves the day, good triuphs over evil, blah blah blah stuff happened....but a lot of it was completely unexpected. And IMHO, I kind of see the ending as a little bit 'tragedy-ish' than 'happily ever after'. Every single time that I've watched Princess Tutu (and that's quite a few times), the ending always seems to make me sad...

I mean, not only does she not get her Prince (not that I wanted Ahiru to get up with Mytho), but she doesn't get her Knight in shining armor (Ahiru x Fakir = <3). She doesn't even get thanked for saving everyone and I think worst of all, she is forgotten. Nobody remembers Ahiru at all; like when Pique and Lillie are walking and they realize something is missing but just shrug it off, it makes me sadface :(

OH and she doesn't even get to stay human :''''''(

....ANYWAYS....long post, but in summary, LOVE the unexpectedness of it all. 1,000,000,000/10 :D
Sep 1, 2013 12:01 AM

Aug 2012
It was unexpected to have Mytho end up with Rue at the end. I kinda didn't like the idea, but too bad, it happened. No use in raging about it. But I was happy for Rue though.
I just love the FakiaxAhiru pair. Fakia is by far one of my favorite characters ever. He has developed so much from the beginning. I hated him at the beginning, but so glad he had changed. So sad that he can't be with Ahiru as a lover while she's a duck. I was hoping for her to be girl so they can be together. At least they are together at the end. I'm already missing this series a whole lot. I got attached to the characters, especially Fakia and Ahiru.
Neko sensei at the end in his true form with his kittens is so cute! He has finally gotten himself a wife! =D I really liked how they had the animals turn into their human forms at the end. But it was sad that Pikke and Lillie have forgotten about Ahiru. =(
The soundtrack is just amazing! Very beautiful. Throughout the series, I've been thinking to myself, "I want to be a ballerina too...." The dancing is just beautiful and takes my breath away.
For sure i'm going to re-watch this soon.
Overall 8/10
Sep 23, 2013 2:49 PM
Sep 2013
"And so a man started to write a story. That story overflowing with hope had just begun."
That last line, for the optimist that I am, foreshadows that both Ahiru and Fakia would start a new journey and turn her back into a human again or Fakia into a duck so they can be together in the same form.
Dec 4, 2013 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
In the manga she isn't a duck but a human girl, why couldn't they make the ending where she was human like in the manga
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jan 11, 2014 9:58 PM

Jun 2011
Retro8bit said:
Bravo, most excellent ending! I am actually happy that the Prince ended up with Rue instead, because it actually put a unique twist on the ending, and was totally unexpected. Though I was kind of hoping Ahiru would end up with Fakir in a more romantic manner. Oh well, at least she gets to remain with him as a pet of sorts.

YES. I was EXTREMELY thrilled that Rue and Mytho ended up together, I wanted it that way. XD And while the romance between Fakir and Ahiru was great, but incomplete, I'm happy that it's at least obvious they care about one another in that way.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Jan 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Dec 2012
Splendid finale, it really kept me in anticipation until the end. I liked the idea of Ahiru dancing in her duck form and the thought behind everyone returning to their true selves instead of the roles they were given in a story. I was surprised when Mytho chose Rue, but I think that it was a nice touch to the story, reciprocating Rue's feelings and saving her from the Raven. Also liked how it foreshadowed the idea that this event was only the beginning of Fakir's works and that he would probably find a way to turn Ahiru into a human. That might just be my inner ship talking though.

Overall this turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Often unpredictable, funny, cute, and compelling, Princess Tutu ended up being a refreshing take on fairy tales and how stories are developed. A solid series with fun characters, a fascinating story, and a memorable happily ever after. An 8 or 9/10 from me easily.
Jan 26, 2014 7:40 PM

Apr 2012
I'm kind of irritated at Mytho for going with Rue, I understand it's because she suffered so much for him, but Ahiru suffered equally I think. Even so, it was kind of set up early that Ahiru couldn't be the princess, and it's mostly my fault for hoping for something different. :B

Maybe if Rue had more redeeming qualities I wouldn't be so annoyed, even at the beginning she mostly had negative traits, and most of the time she spent above the crow's influence was spent crying.
u gay
Jan 30, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
sugarplumfairy said:
i secretly wanted ahiru to stay human somehow and stay with fakir 4eva. obviously that would never happen - and anyway it was cute at the bottom of the lake when fakir said to just accept who you are.

I agree! Total sucker for those kind of endings :)
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Jun 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good ending. Really satisfied with the end pairings. One of the rare few shows that chose the right pairings for the ending. I do wish Ahiru turned into a human again though.

It wasn't exactly a happy ending for Ahiru and Fakir. One of the rare stories where the MC doesn't get a happy end.

Overall 8/10 for this show.
Ragna92Jun 5, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2011
Oh gosh I couldn't stop crying when it ended because I didn't want the story to end. It's a beautiful story and my ship isn't tragic (FakirxAhiru), maybe bittersweet, but they'll be together forever TTATT
Jul 20, 2014 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
This should be made into a stage play. Seriously. I want to watch it live ;___;

Definitely gave off a Tim Burton vibe. The crow people creeped me out and so did the scene with Rue dancing alone with skeletons.

And then Ahiru...Ahiru :( Why can't she stay as human?! She doesn't get the prince, she doesn't get Fakir, she turned back into a duck and was forgotten by her friends. Mytho didn't even thank her. He's like "I'll make Rue my princess bye." What the f*ck kind of reward is that (and he was annoying and useless for the most part of the series so seeing him get a happy ending kind of irritated me lol) T_____T Ahiru really shouldered everything without expecting anything in return. I just can't....*sobs*

If this fairy tale was read to me as a kid, I think I would have been emotionally scarred. 9/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 23, 2014 2:26 AM

Aug 2012
xchee said:
This should be made into a stage play. Seriously. I want to watch it live ;___;

Oh my gosh. Same! That would be so awesome *.*
Aug 30, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2007
EXCELLENT ENDING
So happy for neko-sensei ;__;
Aug 30, 2014 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
Earwen said:
EXCELLENT ENDING
So happy for neko-sensei ;__;

Indeed.I'm glad you like it.
Sep 5, 2014 11:25 PM

Feb 2013
Great anime, so happy I finally watched it.

I still really wish Ahiru would have ended up being human, but what can you do.

8/10
Jan 19, 2015 3:53 PM

Feb 2014
Wow...that was a fantastic ending. I'm really glad that it was a happy ending (except for maybe Ahiru because she's a duck)! Aww Neko-sensei finally got married and had kids! x)

This anime, overall, was fantastic. It was such a heartwarming tale with a deep story, great storytelling, and a really good soundtrack (when I was watching it in front of my brother, who's kind of a classical music buff, he would always be like: hey I know that song!). Even though most of the music in my anime collection is really JPop-y, it was definitely refreshing to watch an anime with classical music. I loved the storytelling and the characters as well. I think I might give this a 10...it was really a beautiful anime. Yay for awesome mahou shoujos! xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2015 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
Very simple ending, it was more or less what I was expecting. Those last few episodes were really good, they balanced out the weaker ones at the start of the second half. 7/10 overall.
Mar 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Jun 2013
Well. I had my doubts, initially... But this ending was really really great! They literally earned their happy ending. Well, not so happy for everyone. I mean sure, Duck was happy for Rue and Mytho... but she had to remain in her duck form.

But maybe, just maybe, Fakir can write a better future for Duck and himself. Best of luck, you two!
LeeTailorMar 2, 2015 2:17 PM
Apr 10, 2015 2:00 PM
Aug 2007
Great ending.. A bit sad that Ahiru didn't get to become a human again, but overall the anime was great. Excellent story telling, especially in the first half of the show. I LOOOOVED the VA for Ahiru and Uzura (I watched subs btw).. I'll miss the "QUA"

9/10
May 2, 2015 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
the forums for this series confused me because the episodes were all off. this is supposedly 38 episodes but I only watched 26. anyways...

wow I don't know where to start, this anime surprised me, in a good way. not once has this story felt like the usual cliche. it seemed like it was, but at the same time it wasn't. the thing that surprised me the most is that Ahiru didn't end up with Mytho. I'm so glad though because Rue was by Mytho's side her entire life so she definitely deserved that happy ending. same goes Fakir, I thought he would end up all alone but he has Ahiru (even if she's a duck). it's kind of sad that Ahiru stayed as a duck but I think she'll be happy either way. I enjoyed every episode, which is shocking because it was very repetitive in the beginning but it was different. I don't know how to explain it, I usually hate repetitive-ness but I felt like it was necessary. even the art really fit into the story, despite not being that good. I can't imagine the story being in any other art style, it was perfect. there was some really dark sad moments in this anime which I did not expect. (ex: Fakir stabbing his own hand to stop writing and the last few episodes were overall sad) I did cry several times, especially on the last 2 episodes.

10/10 for me, I really enjoyed this. it was incredibly refreshing from what I usually watch.
May 5, 2015 12:04 AM

Mar 2010
This is better than what I was expecting. I think this is one of the few anime where the protagonist doesn't end up with the "prince," which is a nice change for me. Overall, I enjoyed the series and the ending was good!
Jun 19, 2015 6:38 AM

Sep 2014
This was a great story, zura!
The first half was a kind of slow and cliche, however, now that I've completed the story, I believe that the fairy-tale like first half was absolutely necessary.

This is what allowed the second half to change it all and eventually end the story in a way I would never have expected.

The "evil" princess married the prince, the knight became a storyteller, and the main character ended up returning to her original form.
The revelation that they were all just part of a story was exciting, and the last six (21-26) episodes made for a strong finish to the series.

Most interesting characters: Rue, Fakir
Funniest characters: Lilie, Neko-sensei

The classical music and dancing was lovely throughout.
I thought that Ahiru's (Japanese) voice actor suited her character perfectly.
Mirai, zura~!
Jul 26, 2015 3:05 PM

Feb 2015
I loved this. I can say so much more but it's just one of those shows that struck me in a special way.
Aug 27, 2015 4:55 PM
May 2015
It was a great ending really. Bittersweet but something you don't see nowadays. I think many are bitter about Mytho picking Rue but I feel like we all just want Mytho to show some appreciation of what Ahiru has done for him. Hugs and words of sweetness, afterall they did became friends at some point. I guess that was what lacking.But all in all it was great series. I still wish I could watch another anime like this. Great soundtrack and story. I wouldn't mind if they made another ballet anime. It would be interesting. :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 7, 2008

21 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 21, 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.