Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 11, 2008 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
Hmmm... just as I thought...

Chapter 16 ~

Well the point is... is there any point in making this story so annoyingly stretched and overly evasive of the important issue? How long do we have to wait to finally see them together?... I feel a great disturbance in yuri... and that disturbance carries a name: no yuri 'till the final chapter. Considering the current development, it's likely that the only real chance to see any yuri (yuri = a relationship between two girls/women without any presence of a male (meaning that the relationship already exists, not that it is in a process of development)) will be in the last volume, maybe even later (one of the last chapters of the final volume). I get the feeling that Morinaga-sensei is throwing a fit because of something trying to deprive us of any hope we may have left ._. ... I read yuri to see yuri, not to see "yuri to be" or "yuri under construction". x(

It might be true that seeing Akko geting jealous was pretty fulfilling but it's not the point, because in the end everything got into even bigger mess than it's already been in. Akko's searching for a new BF and Mari has given up on Akko... how much worse could it possibly get? It's going to take at least another 10 chapters for Akko to even be able to realise that she's in love with Mari and to be able to confront her with it.

Sh!t this I'm just elevating the anger inside me... This series is simply not what I thought it to be... -2 points (temporary 'till the anger fades away)
Nov 12, 2008 7:15 AM
Jul 2008
I tend to disagree. I love long, drawn-out stories where nothing actually happens for several chapters, because it just makes it all the mose fulfilling when something finally does happen.
Nov 12, 2008 8:37 AM

Jan 2008
To be honest, I love the series, but I find myself asking "Why?" a lot. The story line is fairly typical of shoujo romance, I am hardly shocked or excessively titillated by lesbianism., so what is its appeal?
Dec 8, 2008 10:02 AM

Sep 2006
Fact is the chapters after The Moment of Truth could have been more compressed. Way too many panels showing totally useless stuff in chapter 17. Slow is one thing, pages with nothing but Akko's shopping trip with some random chick are another thing.

Nexist, what I like about this manga - well, liked till recently - were the pacing, the art (and I don't mean just the character's looks, the angles, the framing, at times it's really amazing) and how real some of the dialogue sounded. I posted about this somewhere but I am too lazy to search now - one of my fav moments is the later half of the chapter where Mari confesses. That "I wouldn't care" is maybe THE most truthful-sounding line I've ever read in a manga romance. But this is coming from a guy who dislikes romance both in manga /anime and in live action productions of any kind, so I'm not as familiar with shoujo romance as you probably are. I also liked some of the panels there, especially that one with half of Mari's face and the ceiling, since that wasn't really Akko's POV, it was a "mood" pannel. Since I find romance manga repetitive to the extreme and just generally boring, a few lines and panels that 'jump out' are enough to answer your "why?" for me. ;)
ShinigamiDec 8, 2008 10:28 AM

Mar 18, 2009 1:37 AM
Jul 2008
The suspense is good but depending on how long this manga will go on, it might get resolved in a couple chapters, like 5 or 6. Anyways, nanaxhitomi is a good yuri-jammed manga but girlfriends has a bit more plot and depth.

Believe me, I want the matter to end quick too but it doesn't look like it any time soon. I hope it continues even after they finally love each other - if it ends up as a sad ending, I swear I'll rip up the manga book(s)
Apr 24, 2009 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
Ugh!! Why did those girls encourage Mari to get back with her ex boyfriend!! Akko stop her!!!!
Nice guys finish last
That's why I'll treat you like trash.
It's not what I really want to do.
But you only date bad guys so,
I'll give it my best try to
Treat you the way you want me to.
-KevNigChes Collaboration

Apr 28, 2009 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
YES YES YES YES!!!! THEY KISSED!!!!!! I wonder if they're gonna do it in the karaoke room >_>
Nice guys finish last

Apr 28, 2009 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
After a long time, I am truly satisfied with a chapter of this series. Even all the long waiting seems like only a preset to this. Simply great =3
Apr 28, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2007
Awesome! I was reading the chapter in the school library and i cheered at the end. People were looking at me xP
Apr 28, 2009 6:07 PM

Apr 2009
LOL thats funny... hope you didnt jump arond O__o
Nice guys finish last

Apr 29, 2009 7:28 AM

Jan 2009
ohhh god! It sure took thouse two some long time!
but it worth it ^^
I colored the pic of the two kissing from the manga.

hope you like it ^^
Aug 17, 2009 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
Chikane-chan said:
Ugh!! Why did those girls encourage Mari to get back with her ex boyfriend!! Akko stop her!!!!

Anticipating a new chapter soon, I reread 1-23 recently. (Then started searching for MM related websites and wound up here!)

Anyway, it was specifically Sugi who encouraged Mari to get back with him. She appeared to see Mari reach out to Akko, then pull her hand back. Even when Akko asked Sugi's advice "about a friend", it was clear that Sugi knew what was going on and firmly told Akko to make sure the relationship didn't go in "that" direction.

The reason I'm pointing out it was Sugi is because I'm curious whether anyone else thinks she's got feelings for Tamamin that she's in denial about? I don't think I'm just seeing yuri couples everywhere since Kano is clearly attached to her boyfriend and Taguchi seems to pretty firmly want a boyfriend as well.

But Sugi seems unable to commit to even the same list of guys she's dating. Not to mention she'll half strip and kiss Tamamin at the drop of a hat. And while it's a cliche that someone who vehemently is against same-sex relationships is in the closet, still, I have to wonder.

(added later) There was also the "frozen in shock" panel after Tamamin looked radiant in the flower dance. There was a little aside that Sugi was bad at dancing, but would that really explain it?
DenpaWaAug 21, 2009 3:20 PM
Sep 6, 2009 12:25 PM

Apr 2009
ahh... man... i need to pay attention to those little characters... im only focused on mari and akko ;_;
Nice guys finish last

Sep 28, 2009 6:19 PM

Aug 2009
Well, chapter 25 is out. It's good, though surprising that Akko took the initiative, even to the point of accusing Mari of lying. Since she now realizes Mari's feelings and that Mari doesn't realize Akko's feelings, it's just a matter of time till it's sorted out. (And unlike Hitomi and Nana, in Morinaga's other series, Akko lives alone much of the time!)

It was amusing that Akko thought Mari rushed out because she was mad that Akko was lying on her. But given that earlier Mari was looking at Akko's legs, and the expressions Mari had while Akko was on top of her, I think Mari was close to climaxing and ran out before it became obvious. Poor innocent Akko :-) She even went out in the night air to cool off...
Oct 31, 2009 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
After reading 26, I feel like things have come full circle. Chapter 1 opened with Akko taking the initiative to ask Mari to be her friend. Now she's the one to ask that they go out together as lovers.

While I still think Sugi has feelings beyond friendship for Tamamin, it seems pretty hopeless. I didn't catch it the first time, but after rereading 26, it looks like she was the one to say that Tamamin was part of the staff. That makes it look like she's ashamed to admit that Tamamin is her friend, because of the cosplaying. If she really feels like that, I think a relationship would be doomed.

And, I think it has to be said, Naru-chan is hot. Check out the first page of the chapter 3 omake, not to mention various of her other appearances.
Nov 1, 2009 1:52 AM

Jan 2008
Took long enough lol
Aug 28, 2010 4:31 AM

Jul 2007
Wow, it ended.

Ever since I first found a raw of this manga I was impressed, at first with only the art, then later with the story as well. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've read through the first 15ish chapters about a dozen times, through chapter 14 at least 30 times. Why?

At some point I couldn't take the 1-2 month wait between chapters (DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGERS I CURSE YOU) anymore and just basically stopped following new content of my favourite item in the MAL database. I still got excited about new releases, but just downloaded them whether it was raw or a Makimaki release and let them be. I however kept reading the same 15ish chapters of what I had already read before :D

Today, okay technically yesterday, I found ch35 available as scanlation and read this manga from ch1 thru ch35.. about 15 chapters of which I've not read before. Best. Decision. Ever.

Thanks to MakiMaki and Morinaga Milk for providing this piece of entertainment. I'm glad I totally bought the first Tankoubon a while ago, and I'm ready to buy the remaining 3 (soon 4) if I should find them available somewhere!
Oct 30, 2012 4:41 AM
Feb 2011
DenpaWa said:
Chikane-chan said:

Anticipating a new chapter soon, I reread 1-23 recently. (Then started searching for MM related websites and wound up here!)

Anyway, it was specifically Sugi who encouraged Mari to get back with him. She appeared to see Mari reach out to Akko, then pull her hand back. Even when Akko asked Sugi's advice "about a friend", it was clear that Sugi knew what was going on and firmly told Akko to make sure the relationship didn't go in "that" direction.

The reason I'm pointing out it was Sugi is because I'm curious whether anyone else thinks she's got feelings for Tamamin that she's in denial about? I don't think I'm just seeing yuri couples everywhere since Kano is clearly attached to her boyfriend and Taguchi seems to pretty firmly want a boyfriend as well.

But Sugi seems unable to commit to even the same list of guys she's dating. Not to mention she'll half strip and kiss Tamamin at the drop of a hat. And while it's a cliche that someone who vehemently is against same-sex relationships is in the closet, still, I have to wonder.

(added later) There was also the "frozen in shock" panel after Tamamin looked radiant in the flower dance. There was a little aside that Sugi was bad at dancing, but would that really explain it?

good point, but with the manga over, I guess not huh?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» More titles to add

KJacket - May 21, 2009

4 by kotenshi »»
Jan 5, 2010 2:29 PM

» Favourite Manga by Morinaga Milk-sensei

Saeai - Mar 9, 2008

12 by haejin »»
Sep 15, 2009 6:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.