Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2008 11:11 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i started out loving this series, now i can't find words to describe how disappointed in it i am. especially the non-ending that they gave it. considering the fact that they squandered something like a 1/3 to 1/2 of their time on pointless recapping i find it offensive that they'd leave it at a cliffhanger ending when they had to have already known that they weren't going to get a renewal or even an ova.
May 14, 2008 4:24 PM

Jan 2008
Same here. It was an awful ending to such a good series... the show just went downhill from the last few episodes. And... they like changed the animation into manga sort of. I didn't like that at all. :( But... it's still a great anime! I just have to remember the good episodes... and not the cliff hanger ending. -_-
May 15, 2008 7:52 PM
Feb 2008
I agree, it was not a very good ending, the series were meant to last longer but, sadly due to some creative diferences between I think the anime producer or director and the mangaka they decided to end it. So sad! isn´t it? but, what can you do...
May 18, 2008 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
I agree. It was so disappointing. I really like this anime, it really reminded me of Love*Com (great anime *O*), but then in the last episodes, everything become so serious, and I had a feeling that something bad will happened. But I really wanted a good ending for this, and the ending was really frustrating.
It seems like they just didn't know how to end this anime, so they just cut it in the middle. I think that if there was a good ending, I'd have this anime more than I love it now.
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Jul 10, 2008 4:10 PM

May 2008
The last episode of this anime was definitely awful. It was hard to understand and personally, made no sense to me. But overall I loved the anime. It was sad they had to end it on such a sour tone.
But thanks to the anime I started reading the manga which, if I can recall correctly, was awesome just like the anime with the exception of the last episode!
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Jul 12, 2008 5:33 PM

Feb 2008
aaaa those guys really ruined this serries.. it was really nicely done but they really killed it at the end.

the last ep was basically an attempt to tie some loose ends in a rather vague way. if they hadn't wasted time on the recaps, it might have actually had a fine conclusion. oh well.
Jul 30, 2008 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
omg you call that the last episode?
im so mad how bad the series was. cant believe i wasted my time ugh
Aug 6, 2008 2:27 AM

May 2008
Truth be told, I kinda liked the ending, though they really could've added more to leave the viewer "full" if not "satisfied".

But this from the guy who brough us Neon Genesis Evangelion. Maybe if the fans pester him enough, we'll get a Kare Kano movie.
[font="TwitterChirp, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, \"Segoe UI\", Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]My Prostate is NOT the size of a lemon. [/font]
Aug 9, 2008 6:02 PM
Jul 2008
For me it started to go downhill after they got the new director in around episode 17
Aug 13, 2008 7:16 PM

Jun 2008
I watched the anime within a week a couple years ago so I don't really remember the ending but I don't remember being too bothered by it. (And bad endings do really bother me) I'd have to watch it again though.
Aug 13, 2008 9:12 PM

Feb 2008
Zelgato said:
I watched the anime within a week a couple years ago so I don't really remember the ending but I don't remember being too bothered by it. (And bad endings do really bother me) I'd have to watch it again though.

i'd assume that it was because the episodes leading up to it had so severely lowered your expectations that you were no longer expecting a decent ending :)
Sep 20, 2008 10:22 PM

Oct 2007
This anime could of possibly been one of the best, it was so good at making the audience feel the emotions they wanted them too, if only they had a proper ending :(

Oct 17, 2008 2:28 AM
Mar 2008
LOL ... soon after soo many recaps .. I didn't expect too much from this show ... but I still give 5/5 since I really love their way on how they dissappoint viewers .. LOL ...
Nov 19, 2008 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
jacobpaige said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i started out loving this series, now i can't find words to describe how disappointed in it i am. especially the non-ending that they gave it. considering the fact that they squandered something like a 1/3 to 1/2 of their time on pointless recapping i find it offensive that they'd leave it at a cliffhanger ending when they had to have already known that they weren't going to get a renewal or even an ova.

This is beyong disapoinment, but I quite understant why (THEY CHANGED THE DIRECTOR AFTER EPISODE 16; beggins the recaps and the new art...)
Well it's not compleated the fact is, there IS NO ENDING!"!!!!! I'll have to read the manga from volume 7 to 21!

Nov 25, 2008 1:06 AM
Oct 2007
I don't really see the problem. It continues in the manga, so it's not a problem. I liked this show from start to end. It was great. The ending is a little sudden, but as I said, it continues in the manga, and it's not hard to get it.

Whiners. >_>
Dec 8, 2008 11:06 PM

Feb 2008
i don't care for manga, this show was crap once it became more recap than show, and just because u can find a better version of a story someplace else that doesn't mean u should expect or accept less from the version that u are currently experiencing. nor does it absolve the creators of the responsibility to do the best job they are capable of doing, which they clearly didn't.
Dec 11, 2008 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
Well this is what happens when Directors, and original authors get pissed. I'm still sending emails to Masami Tsuda, and Gainax requesting a second season. But I know its never going to happen. Besides I think they've already blocked my email adress by now.
Mar 10, 2009 1:21 PM

Jul 2008
Up to episode ~19, Kare Kano was consistently great. Not just good, but absolutely wonderful. Unreparable creative differences prevented it from finishing strong (or more likely continuing on with the story). Sometimes these things happen. However, even multiple recaps and a non-ending doesn't much detract from liking the earlier sections of the series or diminish my fondness for it.

Often, life isn't about the destination but the journey. Ask yourself: did you enjoy the ride?
Ideal anime wife?
Jun 23, 2009 11:10 AM
Apr 2009
This was the worst ending I've ever seen.
Jun 30, 2009 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
What.. They really did ruin the anime.
Jul 1, 2009 6:50 PM
Mar 2008
Worst ending ever.
I liked the episode in itself >_>
but there are too many things left unfinished T_T

I wanna see Arima let out the beast within D:
and not enough Tonami time :(
&& why did they add a "つづく” at the end? T_T
The anime had so much potential too D:
Jul 3, 2009 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
Disappointing - the only word that comes to mind after watching this episode. Oh well, I was going to read the manga anyway. But you know, these 24 / 26-episode series always manage to mess up in the last couple of episodes. :/
Sep 6, 2009 3:16 AM

Aug 2008
ugh
This show started off as a great romance/drama with nice comedy throughout. Then at about ep 19 or 20 I felt it had the vibe of a slightly above average school life/slice of life series. I'd been warned.....

FUCK!!
Sep 17, 2009 9:56 PM

Oct 2007
WHAAAAT??? What about Tonami and Sakura? What about the play? GAH! This was such an amazing romance until the last few episodes when they started doing weird crap. So PISSED!
Oct 14, 2009 3:13 AM
Sep 2008
The ending was so horrible.
I marathoned this and was planning on giving it a 9 around episode 19 to 20, but of course the last 3 episodes really bombed the series for me. 6/10
Oct 16, 2009 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
:(
:'(
So deep and wonderful on the Arima front, but NOT RESOLVED!!! Totally did NOT end, just cut off somewhere in the middle. That's it, I'm going to read the manga. Even though I'm terrified of a non-fairytale ending :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2009 2:13 AM

Sep 2007
Gainax ending. LOL.

Nov 7, 2009 1:44 PM
Feb 2009
i agree, this wonderful anime could and should have been ended in a much more proper way, but what bothers me is that it certainly ends with a "sequel-coming-soon" kanji ( i mean, feeling:), but why is there no sequel??

i guess i ll have to read the manga..
Nov 17, 2009 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
They just made a CRAPPY ENDING ! The anime series was so cool .. but when it comes to its ending .. IT SUCKS .. wtf! what on earth did they just do ? It was f***ing awful ..

*sigh* I thought there would be a great ending for this lovey-dovey series :((

Mai; Inactive. Ta-tah!
Nov 29, 2009 2:42 PM
Mar 2008
I can't really call that a terrible ending if I didn't get one in the first place. Welp, time to re-read the manga.
Jan 6, 2010 8:56 PM
Nov 2008
My god, MY GOD, the last half of this series was really terrible! I know people said it was, but I didn't believe it could be this bad.. but they really exceeded all my expectations! It's so sad because the first half was really sensitively told, I truly cared about the characters. It would have been better if they'd just stopped halfway thru T_T

These last few episodes in particular were so confused, cheap and boring, I don't even care anymore.
Feb 24, 2010 7:38 PM

Aug 2008
second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season. second. season.

plz.
Mar 31, 2010 5:30 PM

May 2009
... Terrible... The ending...

Cliff hanger ending? Wow.

Must have been on a budget to not really animate this...
I'm guessing they didn't have the voice actor to Tonami, because he didn't speak.
Apr 9, 2010 2:40 PM

Jan 2010
Hated this one. I didn't understand many things. Also it didn't showed the "theater" (is this correct in english ? :/), didn't displayed a proper end for Miyazawa and Arima story, I didn't understand if Sakura Tsubaki and Tonami got dating, also wasn't given enough relevance to Shibahime and his brother. :(

Very frustrating since seems very incomplete and it beginning as a very promising anime.
Apr 29, 2010 9:13 AM

Oct 2009
Ehh, I don't usually like endings that don't predominately feature the main characters. This was kind of cute though, but cliffhangers.
Jun 15, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2010
I am lost completely.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 4, 2010 1:26 AM

Jan 2009
What.... the fuck. This can't be the ending. No.

A whole anime ruined. Thank you very much.
Jul 6, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
what the heck? what it is??

I don't know which rating I should give kare kano... I really like the serie, but the last few episodes are just too... >>
Jul 8, 2010 1:43 AM

Apr 2010
animation was kinda bad, espicially during the last episode. :s
Nov 4, 2010 12:17 PM

Aug 2009
I too am at a loss to rate this series...It has such a great story, and the art is breathtakingly beautiful (in places), but my God. It wasn't just the company subs that did a half assed job. It's like the animators themselves decided to ruin this project.

And I don't understand why.
Actually that hurt, why? feeling probably means a 5/10 for this, which sucks because it could have been a 9.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Nov 11, 2010 5:20 PM

Apr 2009
Ugh, disappointment.
Now I know what everybody was talking about when they said the ending was horrible.
Looks like I'll be reading the manga...someday....hopefully....T__T
Nov 20, 2010 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
You guys are so good at overreacting.It wasn't a bad ending.It was just...incomplete.
Wonder if Gainax will ever make a sequel to Kare Kano.I heard the manga-ka is against it,but with Gainax,you never know.
Urufuzu_reinNov 21, 2010 7:30 AM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jan 5, 2011 6:43 PM

May 2010
Arrrggggggggggggghhhhh this series had so much potential. So annoying to see a funding (hence animation) fail and the damn incompleteness of the ending. It almost even gave the feeling that they could end up breaking up - especially with Arima getting more and more insecure.
Apr 28, 2011 10:49 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, this ending was worse than the ending of School Days. I mean it. >:(
May 6, 2011 12:51 PM
Mar 2010
you know i used to watch this during my elementary days now i finally found a forum to express my full hard bull crap shit load opinion on this freaking ending this bull shet the story is great till around the middle but WTF is up with that shet load of puppet stick puppet to boot u mother fuckers screwed this up for me just die in ,oad of shet
May 13, 2011 12:51 AM

Feb 2008
These last episodes were total crap >_>
Not to mention the ending...
May 14, 2011 4:45 PM

Feb 2010
Kayro said:
These last episodes were total crap >_>
Not to mention the ending...

I agree! they must of run out of money or something, if not then it's just sad.
The manga was so amazing though.
May 16, 2011 8:22 PM
Sep 2010
I didn't expect the ending to be so abrupt. I had to go to wikipedia to read the ending of the manga. It's a shame that it wasn't animated. Soichiro seemed to be going in the deep end.
Uploader53
Jun 27, 2011 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
wel this sucks... o__O I LOVED THE MANGA. I liked the first episodes... then it got a lil weird with the weird animation style of manganess...
and then the last episode completely sucked. I am beyond disappointed and gah D: They ruined it. Really.
Jun 29, 2011 8:43 AM

Feb 2011
The series is good, i like it a lot, but the ending its xtremely HORRIBLE!

Go read the manga, its a fucking masterpiece...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 3 Discussion

philautia_ - Jun 19, 2009

38 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Oct 21, 2008

69 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 11:18 AM

» Kare Kano

Lilly1x - Feb 8, 2009

2 by mokkocchi »»
Apr 2, 9:41 AM

» Best DVD quality for Kare Kano?!! (Some releases look better than others apparently...?)

LoganJones - Apr 13, 2019

2 by GreatAide »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Does anyone else agree that this anime deserves a remake the most?

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 23, 2022

11 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jan 25, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.