Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2008 5:11 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i loved the chase scene, especially when she followed her off the side of the building XD
Feb 18, 2009 11:37 PM

Mar 2008
Rewatched that episode again. Oh man, her various faces and that menacing laughter.
Aug 16, 2009 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
Pure joy. The dodging of punches from Tsubasa as if she were in DBZ, the hilarious chase scene, standing down Mahou. Great scenes. Never underestimate the stupidity of the crowd. Glad she's befriended so many ppl now. Eventhough some of it was through fear.
Jan 25, 2010 11:40 PM

Nov 2009
She finally shows her true self to her class xD. Things have turned out pretty well for her. Also, that black haired girl isn't so bad afterall.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Dec 23, 2010 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
I am gald everything turned out to be just fine =) And now she has some great friends, I wonder if Maho will be her friend from now on.
Oct 15, 2011 8:51 AM

May 2008
teanut said:
She finally shows her true self to her class xD. Things have turned out pretty well for her. Also, that black haired girl isn't so bad afterall.

Starting to get tired of how they introduces each character in the same way, I mean I get that it sort of goes with the theme of the show but it's getting way repetitive.
Feb 10, 2012 10:18 PM

Sep 2011
Dude that episode was freakin hilarious! Loved the chasing scene! >:D
Jun 16, 2012 9:05 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 25, 2012 6:39 PM
Sep 2011
Haha loved yukinos facial expressions throughout the whole episode xDDD
Nov 25, 2012 11:50 AM

Mar 2010
I'm glad we're resolving all of these totally generic shoujo conflicts almost as soon as they start. I was really worried that Yukino's problems with Maho and Shibahime were going to turn into grueling arcs.
Feb 12, 2013 5:26 PM

Oct 2011
That chase scene was too damn funny xD I also really liked their argument in the classroom
Apr 21, 2013 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
Classic 90's anime right there.
Great episode, the dialogue is so good in this anime
Apr 22, 2013 1:44 PM

May 2012
Don't ever make her angry :p She's a real demon! Quite a nice episode, that new girl sure plays a nice part in it, I like her so far, I wonder what influence she'll have later on!
Jul 26, 2014 10:41 PM

May 2014
Are we supposed to feel sorry for this new girl? She even made Miyakawa miss the other girl's apologies. This felt like it was rated PG...
3/5 for the episode.
Aug 8, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2012
Sometimes, older anime can really make me laugh my head off, and I mean in a good comedic way. That hallway chase scene was pure gold. Moral of the episode? Don't piss her off.
Sep 20, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
gotta love bitches getting stomped hard
Recommend me an anime
Sep 15, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
Yukino is indeed great. Even if episode 9 looked not as good as the rest of the series so far, this episode (and her) just nailed it again.
Nov 14, 2015 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
This show is becoming painful to watch.
Dec 27, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
They ended up handling that much better than I expected. Tsubasa's part actually seemed like the stronger of the two in this episode. It led to Yukine gaining some friends, and the chase scene was pure hilarity. I'm glad the conflict was resolved quickly though.

As for Maho, I don't really have much to say. Many teens are way too concerned about what others think of them, and in that sense the continual lamenting of lack of popularity was annoying, but in the end I still think there's a bit of potential there. And, again, I'm glad that was resolved quickly.

I'm satisfied.
Mar 2, 2016 6:20 AM
Oct 2015
Being honest with your self releases a burden something equivalent to taking the world off your shoulders and in turn everything feels like it will work out. Great core theme in this episode, love how all characters were tied into it in their own respectable way. Also that last five minutes was elder god tier. This show really is a gem.
Jul 9, 2016 9:23 PM

May 2013
LOL I love Yuki's angry dark side xDD
Jul 22, 2016 1:29 PM

Aug 2015
In the end I like Maho. Yes she was a bitch at the beginning but that was understandable. I didnt felt like I dislike her, I pitied her more than that. Just like with the Ego problems with Asuka, you understand why she act like that so you cant be mad at her.

It hurts doesnt it? Really hurt... Envy, jealousy, a culmination of your anxieties. In case of Maho it was easy to overcome; She realized that it was all for nothing, she didnt really want to end up like that but it was just inevitable. In Shibahime's case its even kind of unfair. However we the viewers understand that Arima had no care for other poeple until he met Miyazawa. Still, Shibahime knew that it was all nothing. Her care for him was never meant to be because he didnt like her. In both Maho and Tsubasa's cases they came to the realization that there are un lucky stuff that just came to be and you have to live with. If youll try to change it then youll just cause more pain so at some point you have to just deal with it and move on. Maybe someday youll have a second chance, but right now instead of causing pain for everyone you should just learn to live with it. Maybe even get something good out of it: Maho became friends with Miyazawa's group and Arima finally started to notice Tsubasa's feelings.

tl;dr : Sometime you just have to live with misfortune. So, atleast, try to look at the good side of it all, and maybe you'll actually gain something even better.
Jul 31, 2016 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, lots of development packed into one episode. I'm glad they're investing time into all these supporting characters as it gives the show more flair, and this all makes up for the cliche love triangle stuff that was introduced in the last episode. This show isn't disappointing at all so far.

And ohoho did Maho say she loves Miyazawa? :D Don't care what anyone says - I love gay characters and I'm claiming her as one of our own.
Aug 21, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
I love every tiny bits of this episode
Arima is dense
Miyazawa is very strong, she's not shoujo-ish character but that's actually a good thing xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 22, 2016 1:47 PM

Oct 2009
Now this was fun! =D
Nov 14, 2016 7:18 PM

May 2015
huh. maybe i dont hate shibahime anymlre ^~^
Jun 18, 2017 1:19 AM

Apr 2017
I like that they were able to keep things moving along with a lighter tone this time around. Not especially funny compared to some of the other episodes.The chase scene was really well done.
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Mar 5, 2018 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
Asaba treasuring a picture of Arima? Gaaaaaaaay.

I just realized the English dub voice of Tsubasa was also Chisa in Comic Party. She was much less annoying in that role. And then I went to her MAL page and...shit, she's Amy Rose in Sonic X too. Why does she adore obnoxious roles?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 10, 2018 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
Probably the best episode yet.

Maho took a beat and the things have normalized for Miyazawa.Thought Mahos characterization was pretty interesting.

I also immensely enjoyed the interaction between Miyazawa and Tsubasa,the chase was priceless.

And I feel kinda sry for latter one,circumstances are tough on her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2018 12:13 PM
Sep 2016
That chase scene was hilarious!

Miyazawa can pretty much handle all her problems by herself, it is good to see that.

I still don't like maho, although it is easy to understand why she behaves like that after seeing flashbacks, maybe it will change later. She had a tough emotional time for sure.
May 20, 2018 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
Ooo-hoo-hoo
Ooo-hoo-hoo

Dang catchy ED song...

Classmate/friend problem resolved about as expected.
Jun 10, 2019 12:47 AM

Aug 2015
Tsubaki Sakura is the true hero here.

It's amazing how this anime introduces antagonists that make me hate them and then want to give a big hug to after they are humanized.
Jun 25, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2016
Another really solid episode. Miyazawa sure is strong for what she did and the way she acted towards Maho and that other girl as well. The sequence that showed Miyazawa running to catch her was hysterical and really well made, awesome slapstick humor in this show. Everyone got development so I am glad, the soundtrack was also well made in this episode, though I did notice it as much as the previous episodes. Overall, a very solid episode. I hope it stays this strong.
Aug 10, 2019 9:18 PM
Jul 2019
Really good episode, tied up some things and I genuinely laughed a few times. Like when Arima got that childhood photo of Miyazawa and a toilet flushing sound effect played, or Miyazawa chasing Shibahime around campus. Good shit
Sep 23, 2019 2:44 PM

Aug 2017
That was really nice. I loved how "Yukinon" resolved her conflicts and stood up for herself, and the chase scene was absolitutely hilarious! The last talk with Maho was really sweet too, I enjoyed her smile in the end. Looks like the purpose of these episodes is fulfilled (Yukino now has friends), and we'll see more of her relationship with Arima again.
Jun 14, 2020 2:37 PM

Aug 2019
that was such a great episode! i've had the show paused for a bit because i was too focused on playing games, but wow! i always forget how fantastic the animation quality is, and everything in this show is so much less predictable than so many other things i've watched (in the best possible way). since this arc is resolved now, i have to wonder what comes next. i have faith that arima and miyazawa can make it through whatever comes their way but i really hope they survive the rest of the series and get to be together :( i haven't been spoiled on anything but i know anno left gainax in the middle of this show's production and i've heard there was a noticeable shift after.

CURE↑UP ! RA☆PA♡PA !
MAK
E MY SIGNATURE SHINE BRIGHT!!

Sep 23, 2020 3:19 PM
Jul 2013
IDK to me that Maho turnaround seems a bit too quick. Otherwise another solid episode.
May 29, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
The two conflicts with other girls from last episode are resolved. Yukino takes the high road (mostly) and gets the better result for it. In the end, it is not all that surprising, after all, she still has all the talents that made her top of the roost in the first place: The others have picked a fight they cannot win. The best part was probably the confrontation with Arima at the end, where we learn a bit about him and his less than perfect social understanding.
Still, this is probably the first episode I am not totally enthusiastic about. Yukino is coming over a little too perfect, and the other two girls a little too one-dimensional. What really reeled me in so far has been the depiction of Yukino and Arima’s relationship, which is the 10/10 part of the series. However, they are safely together now (and going into crisis mode right away would feel cheap), so there needs to be something else happening.
CalmTeaTimeJul 9, 2023 4:00 PM
Aug 25, 2021 11:02 PM

Feb 2019
Ah, loved how everything turned out. And I especially loved Shibahime's friends. They're so nice! Yukino's first true friends ^^

Man, pretty sad to see how dense Arima was towards Shibahime. I understand her feelings. Glad that it was all resolved though.

Maho turned out to not be that bad after all. Technically, she's really similar to old Yukino. They're going to get along just fine.
Jun 23, 2022 11:09 PM

Feb 2021
I like it when these characters get the treatment they deserve for whatever attention seeking method they try to pull off but at the same time, I empathize with them, because that's the harsh reality they have to face with socializing. Everyone feels like a real person
Aug 22, 2022 3:37 AM

Mar 2013
I'm glad that there's no bloodbath in this episode, I'm really loving the characters both protagonists and antagonists. Good for them to have some conclusion.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 22, 2022 12:57 AM

Dec 2014
I sense a dark scheme goin on in the head of the background girls

Apr 23, 2023 11:07 PM
Jul 2021
enana de mierda completamente desubicado lo que hizo, igual duro muy poco este problema me gustaria que no siempre les salieran las cosas tan bien a los personajes
Apr 26, 2023 2:46 PM

Jun 2021
those kids photos and their reactions were funny... Maho slapping Yukino like that after having been destroyed verbally... wasn't (even if they sort of make up after). And Yukino chasing Tsubasa like she did was very unexpected and even more amusing. Glad that this small arc looks finished.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 3 Discussion

philautia_ - Jun 19, 2009

38 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Oct 21, 2008

69 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 11:18 AM

» Kare Kano

Lilly1x - Feb 8, 2009

2 by mokkocchi »»
Apr 2, 9:41 AM

» Best DVD quality for Kare Kano?!! (Some releases look better than others apparently...?)

LoganJones - Apr 13, 2019

2 by GreatAide »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Does anyone else agree that this anime deserves a remake the most?

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 23, 2022

11 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jan 25, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.