Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2008 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh....finally it's over. A bit fast in pace but a marverous finale. The first and second season described the ever lasting happiness of unchanging life. Amano Kozue sensei denied it in this third season: the changes to our lives is inevitable and we must find a new happiness from today. I quote Akari's lines from manga.
Akari had overcome her dependence on the "never ending happy days" by opening up the shade and dissolving the vision of her memory. I'd like to say thank you to Amano Sensei and all the staffs involved for making this great series of anime.
dtshykMay 6, 2008 3:56 PM
May 6, 2008 11:37 AM

Sep 2007
I keep playing the last 2 minutes over and over again because grown-up Akari and Ai is pure love.

I can't believe it's over though. I still want more. Aria is something that could keep going on forever and I wouldn't get bored of it.
HappyMay 6, 2008 11:55 AM
May 6, 2008 4:34 PM

Jan 2007
Wonderful finale. Words cannot describe how much I loved this episode and how much I am gonna miss Aria. I'm gonna go cry some more in my corner now T_T

<3

Obviously, this gets a 10 from me.
May 6, 2008 6:14 PM

Aug 2006
Faust721 said:
Wonderful finale. Words cannot describe how much I loved this episode and how much I am gonna miss Aria. I'm gonna go cry some more in my corner now T_T

Don't worry you're not alone. I'm just pressed for words right now. This series was just such a wonderful journey! From the characters, story and artwork (which was like watching a painting come to life) there is just nothing like the serenity of ARIA.

As for the rest...

Speechless.
May 6, 2008 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
52 episodes spanning three series and I loved just about ever minute. 20 hours of peace and beauty. The final frame said "Arigatou" and my response was Hontonii Kochirakoso domo arigatou gozaimashita!
datsunvicMay 6, 2008 9:14 PM
May 6, 2008 10:21 PM
Oct 2007
I went into hard-to-breathe little girl mode during the retirement scene. I will cherish ARIA forever.
May 7, 2008 1:25 AM

Jul 2007
Dear God... that was amazing.

May 7, 2008 4:40 AM
May 2007
I cried. T_T
May 7, 2008 7:13 AM

Dec 2007
I cried again and again throughout the episode, but I really broke down when I saw Ai-chan.
May 7, 2008 8:22 AM

Nov 2007
Aria is not that great at personal drama. It's really much to saccharine to have any sort of deep emotional impact, and I liked it more when it was about enjoying the atmosphere of Neo Venezia. Ends without tears, or much of any reaction really, from me. Seeing grown up Akari was lovely though.

8/10 overall, just like the other Aria series.
May 7, 2008 8:28 AM

Sep 2007
I squealed when I saw the back of grown-up Akari and heard Ai's voice. So awesome. Definitely gets a 10 from me. I'm devastated Aria's over ;_;
May 7, 2008 8:58 AM

Feb 2008
perfect ending to the series

looks like akari x akatsuki... maybe

i would have liked to have seen alicia's husband, but i guess they didn't feel they had enough time to introduce him properly

sadly ai becoming akari's apprentice was ruined for me by multiple image boards :(

alice <3
May 7, 2008 8:59 AM

Mar 2007
Wonderful, amazing and fantastic ending.
Yet again, I cried... A lot... Ai-chan was so cute with Aria's uniform~ And I liked Akari's grown hair.
I'll miss you, Aria. The most wonderful anime series there is.
May 7, 2008 9:40 AM

Aug 2007
amazing series with brilliant end.
10/10
this is also my 200th completed. *woo*
May 8, 2008 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
jacobpaige said:

i would have liked to have seen alicia's husband, but i guess they didn't feel they had enough time to introduce him properly

Yeah, what was the point of even metioning the wedding, it was completely ignored. All there was wedding bells, but a wedding was not needed to justify that ceremony. I didn't like grown up Akari, too much hair, but thats just me. Maybe if she didn't have that extra ponytail, but anyway Aria will be missed.
May 9, 2008 10:36 AM

Jan 2008
Would've liked it more if it wasn't Ai who became the new apprentice in Aria Company. <.<
But I guess that was unavoidable..

May 10, 2008 3:58 AM

Mar 2008
Faust721 said:

<3

zanmato666 said:
Faust721 said:

Don't worry you're not alone. I'm just pressed for words right now. This series was just such a wonderful journey! From the characters, story and artwork (which was like watching a painting come to life) there is just nothing like the serenity of ARIA.

As for the rest...

Speechless.

totally agree. it was great how ai-chan is now going to train with her ~ and it all begins again!! aww i wanna be an undine in aqua now :( and i also dont want it to end....maybe in years and years to come, they might do another series with ai-chan? but then i guess itll be a repeat of everything and wont be so good...ahh...
sugarplumfairyMay 10, 2008 5:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2008 11:56 AM
Oct 2007
I cried real bad.
Then my sister walked in my room
What's wrong she said.
It's over! It's over. Not going to start again, never T_T
I don't want it to quit, I cried
May 11, 2008 9:58 AM

Oct 2007
And now there is a reason i want to be a female. So I can became a Undine.

If there is something you can use to describe how amazing Aria is, it would be something that you have to write over 10 lines long.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 20, 2008 1:16 AM

Dec 2007
this is one of the best anime i have seen in my life, 100/10 for me

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

May 22, 2008 12:41 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, I just finished it. I can't stop crying. :(
May 23, 2008 1:31 AM

Jul 2007
That was quite an overwhelming final episode.

I always had a feeling that Akari's promotion would be followed by Alicia's retirement but I just didn't want to believe it D:

Manly tears suddenly started running down my face during the moment between Akari and Alicia at the beginning T~T

Anyway it was a fantastic ending!, 10/10
Jun 13, 2008 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
This show really makes me wish I didn't have a heart carved from charcoal and, dare I say it, a soul....there were so many moments throughout that I just wanted to break down into tears because it was so beautiful...but, alas, tears no longer flow from my eyes.

Everything was perfect, the resignation, the moment between Akari and Alicia, and grown up Akari. Everything, the morals, the music... I was speechless after it ended, words cannot describe the impact this show has had on me, and the utter masterpiece it is. It has opened my eyes to the beauty in the world around me and in people.

Easily a 10/10 and has earned a spot in my prestigious top 5, sorry FMA.

Jun 15, 2008 9:39 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
My Aria galleries after the 3 seasons+ova

Much respect to your galleries. That's a lot of work.
Jun 15, 2008 9:45 AM

Jul 2007
I'm using this to take screenshots easily: http://techsuki.net/tokyoshot-v1/
needs a single right-click, saves the files automatically and named according to the video, and if mpc is full screen it makes it windowed first to take the original resolution size :) Also crops them automatically to remove the player window bars.
Jul 4, 2008 3:20 AM

Jan 2008
I'm just totally speechless. I can't think of any words to convey my feelings towards this beautiful episode.

I've gotten teary through the past few episodes and now I look like this

Perfect 10/10 from me, nuff said.
Jul 14, 2008 10:43 AM

May 2008
Never been as close to crying as during this final episode.

Respect and many thanks to everyone involved in making this series.

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Jul 26, 2008 9:29 PM
Apr 2008
Kinda late on this, but wow, just wow.

I'm still speechless after watching this final chapter of the masterpiece that is Aria.

Pretty much like everyone stating above, this is a crying episode. Seriously, I was at the verge of tears when this episode ended and I realized that there would be no more new episodes of Aria. I'd have to say that Alicia's retirement wasn't that surprising, but it was still emotional, especially the various scenes with Akari when she realizes she's alone.

Excellent series. Thank you Kozue Amano and thank you Jyunichi Sato, it certainly was a pleasure to watch this series.

10/10

(Currently preparing to write a review of the entire Aria series.)
Aug 3, 2008 4:50 AM

Mar 2007
Definitely one of the best serie this year for me.

just a little cold when i saw Ai but grown-up Akari forget the mistake.

10/10 Thanks Aria <3

Aug 19, 2008 7:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
超素晴らしいおわりだ!

Now I can go sleep in peace.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 24, 2008 4:12 PM
Jun 2007
one of the greatest most heartwarming series ive sen in awhile! I just finished again and it just fills me up with so much emotion.

Teared up when she turned and called for Alicia. It's so good and farewell Aria.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2008 6:10 PM
May 2008
Certainly a worthy conclusion to a very good series. I'm sure many of us have shed our tears in this episode. :)
Aug 25, 2008 9:17 PM

Mar 2008
MAL needs to implement a super-masterpiece rating for this show.

Yeah. I don't know what to say.
Aug 27, 2008 3:41 PM
Mar 2008
When I started watching Aria, my mind was just saying "this is over-rated, this is over-rated". Even after watching Aria the Natural, I was still thinking that the Origination didn't deserve the rank it had. Actually I finished the Origination and my mind changed, this is not over-rated and it is one of the most beautiful things aired by now. I always said that the end was the more important thing, and this end was perfect.
Aug 27, 2008 3:44 PM
Mar 2008
Sheepdude said:
MAL needs to implement a super-masterpiece rating for this show.

Yeah. I don't know what to say.

I don't know if it has been included, but the number of people that marks as favorite something should affect the rating of the series.
Sep 6, 2008 10:24 PM
Oct 2007
I'm extremely upset that its over... I didn't cry though... But I really wanted to T_T

Sigh* This series has had a profound impact on me. Its really made me appreciate life much more. If theres any series out there that'll change the way you think, Aria's gonna be the one.

Urghhh so upset, I wish there were more episodes :[
Sep 30, 2008 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
it's over:(.
It's so over:(.
Why.
It
it
it
it was heartbreaking.

Poor Akari-chan havig to deal with being "the one who made Alicia san retire". I felt sorry for her when she had to have her friends recommend her.
Oct 13, 2008 1:31 AM

Jul 2008
I finished it...Where should I begin?

I cried a lot at last episodes. Especially at last 13th ep. God they became Primas so beatifully. I knew that one day they will become but why did I cry again? ;_; I got sorry about Alicia-san the goodbye for her was so touching ;_; Ahh Akari seeing her grew-up style was so touching too. I wish they'd shown others too. I also cried that was the end of Aria series.

This serie is a epic. I've nothing much to say.

Thank you Aria Team!
Oct 13, 2008 6:40 AM
Mar 2008
I still can't get why not even 1000 users have watched this, it's sooo good..
Nov 21, 2008 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
Aww, what a beautiful episode!~
I would have cried if I hadn't used them all up in the last few episodes with them all becoming Prima's~ In the beginning when Akari noticed Alicia was there - her reaction was so sad! Nonetheless, Alicia's graduation was breath-taking~ Although, I would have liked to see her husband as well... Great to see Athena become a singer and Akira work harder. Alice is great as well - and Aika and Al is finally working (he's taller!)~ Akatsuki and everyone is wonderful too :)

The ending was nice when Ai looks up at Akari and it's the exact same thing that happened when Akari first came to Aqua and Alicia gave that look. They even said the same thing (Akari/Alicia) and it made the scene more powerful :)
I really hate Ai though... eh, her being there isn't going to ruin the awesomeness of this series!~ :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Nov 21, 2008 10:03 PM

Sep 2008
but Ai was good throughout the series, her voice was very cute. And the ending with her wasn't bad either. \

Nov 22, 2008 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, what an amazing end to the series. The last 6 episodes or so made me realize how incredible this anime really is, especially since I feel I took the last two seasons for granted. I've been hammering away at the series for the past 4 weeks, and now I'm quite sad that it's all over. =(

An easy 10/10 in my book.
Nov 23, 2008 10:53 AM
Nov 2008
Well i have finished Aria a while back but didnt have myanime account but i have one now :P
Well back to the topic:
Wow what an ending, so perfect. But i did feel that the marriage was a bit rushed tho, we didnt see Alicias husband nor the wedding but i dont think it matters too much.
Also i would like to point out one of the best scenes in anime, when Akari didnt understand something in a document and called Alicia, and she wasnt there. Then Alicia walked in to find Akari crying.
I think that this scene might rival the beach scene from Air, but thats just my opinion. I was crying like a little baby T.T
Dec 27, 2008 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
WHAT THE F**K!??!?!?!?!!?!??!?!!I CRIED DAMMIT!!!I CRIED!!!!!!I was supposed to not cry since i'm a man but damn,this series just get's through you heart.WHY?!?!?!WHY MUST IT END!?!??!?!....i will really really miss this adventure....i don't wanna say goodbye...T_T

THIS IS THE MOST AWSOME-EST ANIME SERIES IN THIS WORLD!!!!
Jan 9, 2009 3:20 PM

May 2008
question - does the manga continue beyond this, or does it end at the same point? cause, if the story continues... I'd like to read it =D

Jan 9, 2009 3:20 PM

May 2008
question - does the manga continue beyond this, or does it end at the same point? cause, if the story continues... I'd like to read it =D

Jan 11, 2009 12:19 PM
Apr 2008
ASHGARY said:
Nah, it just ends. I'm reading it nonetheless, there's some stuff that didn't make it into the anime. It's great too, so you should probably read it.
P.S. Delete your double posts.
Jan 11, 2009 7:55 PM

Jul 2007
After nearly a year waiting for Crystal Nova to finish subbing this, I decided to watch HnK and BSS' combined subs instead, and I am so glad I did!

This series was AWESOME, and BEST of all of the Aria series! The ending did feel a bit rushed in the last few episodes, especially with how short the "Aika Promotion Arc" was, and how Alicia's wedding was really swept under the rug. BUT!

I LOVED IT.

I cried, and I laughed, and I squealed like a little girl when I saw adult Akari and the return of Ai-chan! How could she NOT become an Undine in the end? I've been waiting for it since she first appeared in the series!

I am going to miss Aria so much... =(
SusanJan 22, 2009 3:53 PM
<---made of awesome!
Jan 21, 2009 4:58 PM

Jan 2008
Warms my heart T^T

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2008

72 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.